Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Trial Mode is the actual roadblock of the platinum (and the thing I always look forward to whenever I start a fighting game). You have to complete various combos set by the developers, combos ranging from simple "connect punch to kick" to devious shit like "Heavy kick, change stance, pokes that cancel into a super then bicycle kick" . At some point I started counting frames with @AihaLoveleaf for a certain move of Gen, a Chinese master who has 2 stances. It was mad hilarious but it actually worked.

A big congrats on swiftly dispatching this beast of a title. If a game doesn't want to give us the tools we need to succeed, then we'll just have to reverse engineer and make those tools ourselves using low quality YouTube videos. :P Down to count some frames in those future big boys -- maybe Koihime too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

A big congrats on swiftly dispatching this beast of a title. If a game doesn't want to give us the tools we need to succeed, then we'll just have to reverse engineer and make those tools ourselves using low quality YouTube videos. :P Down to count some frames in those future big boys -- maybe Koihime too.

Nothing like counting frames on a 480p quality youtube video with the boys ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zalcarezio said:

@Copanele nice platinum trophie from one piece burning blood great job how long are you active with the fighting genre copanele? i am active with the rpg genre for 1 year and 3 months

Thanks! Hmm, not really "that" active, I mostly go for the offline experience. Oddly enough I haven't found any passion in online fighting gaming (other than matches with friends :D )

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

Thanks! Hmm, not really "that" active, I mostly go for the offline experience. Oddly enough I haven't found any passion in online fighting gaming (other than matches with friends :D )

enjoy i prefer ofline aswell multiplayer maybe i give it a chance because with the server shutdowns from most of the games i have chosen for singleplayer games i dont want to deal with unobtainable trophies 

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

And now it's time for another stinker. I think that the anime fighting game world is cursed to have a ton of poor adaptations. There are a few exceptions (Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series, Dragon Ball games together with Dragon Ball FighterZ), but most of the time if you see an anime "fighting game" (more like Arena Brawler), you can expect 2 things:

a. accurate representation of the characters together with voice acting and all that

b. subpar gameplay.

Sadly this is the case with One Piece Burning Blood here. Of course, game is based on the popular Shonen Manga written by Eiichiro Oda (which has 1073 chapters right now) and was unfortunately developed by Spike Chunsoft (the ones behind the monstrosity that is Jump Force). Seeing who the developer is, I whispered an "oh no" and braced myself.

I don't know if I've seen you positively review a one piece game.  Which is a shame, because the source material is seriously good.  If you know of a good one let me know, because I'd like to get in on that (eventually (TM)) 

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

Since I was forced to replay this mode (everything is locked ), I had a look at the game. So in terms of graphics and voice acting I really have no complaints here - characters do feel like straight out of the manga chapters, with accurate moves, lines, behavior and such. Even the manga specifics are available here (e.g. Sanji still can't attack female characters or Akainu dealing double damage to Ace). As much shit as I give them, Spike Chunsoft know how to respect the fidelity of the source material.

See these are the kind of touches that could make a good game a great game, but they aren't going to save a game that is already terrible :(.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

I don't know if I've seen you positively review a one piece game.  Which is a shame, because the source material is seriously good.  If you know of a good one let me know, because I'd like to get in on that (eventually (TM)) 

Unfortunately, I played only 3 One Piece games on this account and they all sucked (Pirate Warriors 2, 3 and this game.

I love One Piece, it's my favorite shonen manga, which is why it's a damn shame the games suck like that. From what I've heard, the rest are just as mediocre (might be wrong).

The only GOOD One Piece game I've played was this little gem on the GBA (well...I used an emulator :P )

s-l600.jpgone+piece+ship.jpg?resize=750,500&ssl=1

I absolutely LOVED it!

(P.S. Chapter 1074 is out today :P quite some interesting developments, as usual :D )

3 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

See these are the kind of touches that could make a good game a great game, but they aren't going to save a game that is already terrible :(.

Yep exactly, the material is there and I love it when I see these kind of touches (for instance, Sanji's icon turns his eyes into hearts and he throws hearts at the enemies.

But even with those touches...what's the point, if the gameplay sucks? In comparison, CyberConnect2 who does Naruto Ninja Storms series really nailed down both the source material representation AND the gameplay. Damn those games are fun to play!

Not sure if I'll have the energy to go for the RPG versions of One Piece, I'll see in the future xD 

51 minutes ago, Together_Comic said:

After this watching this latest arc, I've decided to play a game I've had on the backlog for a while, One Piece World Red. It doesn't look amazing but maybe it's enough to give the series some recognition?

The background picture at least looks awesome on the profile from Burning Blood, somehow Luffy is in Gear 4...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Not sure if I'll have the energy to go for the RPG versions of One Piece, I'll see in the future xD

I've been considering World Seeker, but at this point its in the pit of never ending backlog.  If I manage it, I'll let you know xD

25 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

After this watching this latest arc, I've decided to play a game I've had on the backlog for a while, One Piece World Red. It doesn't look amazing but maybe it's enough to give the series some recognition?

The background picture at least looks awesome on the profile from Burning Blood, somehow Luffy is in Gear 4...

Let me know how it is?

57 minutes ago, EdgeHosenkan said:

congratz yeah i already played is fun but absoluty no sense and the devil is.... hilarous

Yep it's fun, but I don't think I will go for Doodle Devil. One nonsensical mix&match game is enough xD

34 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I suspect one of the reasons why @Copanele has lost interest in that game is, because one of the characters does not even know how to wear a skirt properly.

Look at this 1f447.png

Ezo-HUtVgAIgOe2?format=jpg&name=900x900

1f605.png

Now, I could totally say that...but I also platinumed Arcana Heart 3 twice and so uhm...shifted skirts are the least of my problems. 

Nah, I honestly do not like the gameplay, it is "floaty" and relies too much on "hope you pressed the X button at the exact frame in this 30 inputs long combo!". I neither have the skill nor the patience to practice a combo 300 hours for this game unfortunately ?

(I have to play Yakuza games instead!)

• Like 1

I don't care about One Piece - the only anime experience I have was dub Sailor Moon in collegexD, Yu-Gi-Oh (up to 5Ds, I only saw the first few episodes of ZeXal and the next series with the main character owning a circus) and Pokemon(the games are better). Oh, and CardCaptors(yes, dub Card Captor Sakura, actually saw 90% of the episodes for both seasons and the premise was more interesting that Yu-Gi-Oh, just wished they started with Episode 1 instead of Episode 8). Other than that a few .HACK episodes, I have zero interest in anime, so I never watched One Piece or Naruto(though I did listen to the German Naruto opening after someone used in during a Pokemon Wonder Trade challenge :P) so I have no knowledge of One Piece and no interest in anime games. However, I feel sorry for you for having to deal with bad adaption bullsh**. I hope your future fighting game experience is better.

Also, not interesting in fighting games either, other than Super Smash Brothers series. After they put Sora from Kingdom Hearts in Ultimate, I was a happy camper. (Sora was my main for the brief time I played Smash as he was the most overpowered character ever and the final DLC character added before discontinuing support for Ultimate so Sakura could go take a nap. xD) Still, kudos to you.

• Like 1

Congrats on all these plats, especially SF4! Some of those trials do indeed look ridiculous, and I'm not happy to read that USF 4 (which I popped trophies in) has a 600+ match grind. Didn't think it would be that much.

I don't know much about One Piece but that false advertising was shocking. And the game sounds a lot like Jump Force lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

I don't care about One Piece - the only anime experience I have was dub Sailor Moon in collegexD, Yu-Gi-Oh (up to 5Ds, I only saw the first few episodes of ZeXal and the next series with the main character owning a circus) and Pokemon(the games are better). Oh, and CardCaptors(yes, dub Card Captor Sakura, actually saw 90% of the episodes for both seasons and the premise was more interesting that Yu-Gi-Oh, just wished they started with Episode 1 instead of Episode 8). Other than that a few .HACK episodes, I have zero interest in anime, so I never watched One Piece or Naruto(though I did listen to the German Naruto opening after someone used in during a Pokemon Wonder Trade challenge :P) so I have no knowledge of One Piece and no interest in anime games. However, I feel sorry for you for having to deal with bad adaption bullsh**. I hope your future fighting game experience is better.

Also, not interesting in fighting games either, other than Super Smash Brothers series. After they put Sora from Kingdom Hearts in Ultimate, I was a happy camper. (Sora was my main for the brief time I played Smash as he was the most overpowered character ever and the final DLC character added before discontinuing support for Ultimate so Sakura could go take a nap. xD) Still, kudos to you.

Maaan, I think our interests would be 2 circles that never touch each other, because...I wouldn't ever touch any of the games or anime that you listed there either!! I think that really is a first for me ? maaaybe Yugioh before it got cocaine mode (which was fairly early in the series).

But regardless, thanks for stopping by :D 

37 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats on all these plats, especially SF4! Some of those trials do indeed look ridiculous, and I'm not happy to read that USF 4 (which I popped trophies in) has a 600+ match grind. Didn't think it would be that much.

Big thanks, oh boy the trials are ridiculous alright xD 

As for the online...ugh...I really would recommend you finding a second PS4 to borrow...that online will wear you down (although given you went through Naruto to Boruto game, I can BET you would not be in that much of a pain ?)

37 minutes ago, Yuber6969 said:

I don't know much about One Piece but that false advertising was shocking. And the game sounds a lot like Jump Force lol.

Yep, it's done by the exact same company. They also did One Punch Man game.

In conclusion - stay away!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Copanele said:

This game is utterly amazing, but it is sadly unplayable in this state so I cannot in good conscience recommend it. I really hope the devs will manage to add a patch or something, it is a real shame because if not for the patches I'd recommend this game to no end 1f605.png

That's such a bummer, man. It looks so cool, weirdly reminds me of the light puzzles from RE 5 or the hacks from the final Doomsday mission.

However, this could be one of those things where I wanna play it more just because it's broken? 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 4:11 AM, YaManSmevz said:

That's such a bummer, man. It looks so cool, weirdly reminds me of the light puzzles from RE 5 or the hacks from the final Doomsday mission.

However, this could be one of those things where I wanna play it more just because it's broken1f602.png 

If you have the patience to go through tons of crash screens, then heck yeah go for this game xD in that case I DO recommend it

• Like 1

I started One Piece Unlimited World Red this weekend, didn't have high expectations or anything but ended up putting in like 8 hours, it's pretty good actually. The combat is pretty simple, but that's ok and the game premise is pretty neat where you rebuild a town by submitting components you get from kills, catching bugs and fish mini games and just finding stuff on the ground. The dialogue is pretty much on point for One Piece.

Looks like you also started the next game I'm starting soon once I finish Star Ocean 6 and can swap out the discs.

Edited by Grotz99
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

I started One Piece Unlimited World Red this weekend, didn't have high expectations or anything but ended up putting in like 8 hours, it's pretty good actually. The combat is pretty simple, but that's ok and the game premise is pretty neat where you rebuild a town by submitting components you get from kills, catching bugs and fish mini games and just finding stuff on the ground. The dialogue is pretty much on point for One Piece.

Looks like you also started the next game I'm starting soon once I finish Star Ocean 6 and can swap out the discs.

Hmm interesting, I saw the gameplay and it looked abit sluggish, but it also looks way different than what I played so far.

I think I'll wait for a proper 2D One Piece Fighting game :D that would work honestly

• 3 weeks later...

As a game based on the Dragon Ball IP and specifically Dragon Ball Z, I can say that it's one of the best show-to-videogame adaptation out there, rivalling Dragon Ball FighterZ.

20230303-172137.jpg

It is also one of the worst games I have ever played and definitely the worst fighting game I have ever played on this profile and possibly ever.

20230303-172141.jpg

I got excited, then sad, then horrified for you. I'm sorry man, that's some shit?

Also I related hard with

But I think nothing, and I really mean NOTHING compares to the Battle Bonus Complete trophy. You have to get every single bonus available in a vs CPU fight in Time Trial. The CPU is invincible and set on Normal difficulty and you have 300 seconds to input all the special moves. 

The special moves range from basic stuff like combos, grabs, throwdowns, throwing ultimate attacks to crazier stuff like winning a clash (both enemies shoot a super at the same time), breaking the enemy's guard (fully charged punch while the enemy is guarding) or clash (super dash at the same time). This is a heavy RNG based trophy, because you can be damn sure that the CPU will NOT act as you expect. Out of my 70+ tries for this damn trophy, over half of them were failed because I could not land a damn guard crush, the enemy would JUST NOT BLOCK!!!AT ALL! It made me want to throw the disc at some point.

tumblr_nc2s02j1uV1tltnyuo1_400.gif

I had a similar experience for the tutorial trophy with SvR 2010. You get 90% of it done so quickly, and then suddenly you're fucked! At least my progress was saved though, you had to do it every time??? So glad that you're done with that! This is definitely a textbook case of a review providing a service by keeping people away from a shit game!

Edited by YaManSmevz
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

20230303-172137.jpg

20230303-172141.jpg

I was going to comment something similar! ?

14 hours ago, Copanele said:

Behold the Dragon Balls. Quickly, make a wish!

I wish for a good DBZ game. Even Shenron can't make this happen.

14 hours ago, Copanele said:

THE GOOD:

• An actually good tutorial
  • Huge roster 
  • Fidelity towards the DBZ series

THE BAD:

• The camera makes you feel like you're the pinball in a pinball machine
  • The AI will randomly overpower you no matter what you do S9wwZ8.gif
  • The entire game is a hell training montage episode

Soooooo... play it?

• Like 2