Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

10 minutes ago, Baker said:

That was a fun read. Some good games you played this year.

But Elden Ring as the best game huh?

xGQHYPl.gif

I’ve spend 30 minutes searching for a Catherine gif that made any sort of sense. This was the best I could do. :awesome:

Hahah , yep, Elden Ring really was the very best out there <3 When it launched I was like

j49qusdgk9311.jpg?auto=webp&s=c37c095de7

(You can't come into this neighborhood with that sacrilege of a game and expect me to not reply with a DMC5 meme ??)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Copanele said:

(You can't come into this neighborhood with that sacrilege of a game and expect me to not reply with a DMC5 meme 1f602.png1f602.png)

Soon. Very soon..

The big difference here is I actually really like DMC 5. Just need to get back into it. ?

I saw a post of someone that ran through HAH with the super costume and then went through all missions one character at a time. And that sounded like a good idea to me. I’m thinking of  V—> Nero—> Dante.

Good luck with Catherine next year, you will complete it no doubt.

• Like 1

Aayyyyy that's what I'm talkin about!! Awesome write-up mah dude? and for the record...

8 hours ago, Copanele said:

D0sP4cEU0AAIBSp.jpg

(had no better image available)

Of course you didn't, this was the best one!

For a quick idea of how dumb I am, when I saw this my first thought was "wow, he's really excited about this one" til I saw the exclamation points in the image. Not my brightest moment?

Bruh. Here I was thinking I had the MGS deal solved, I knew which games I was and wasn't playing, and you had to come along and make this look so appealing. How dare you.

how-very-dare-you-how-dare-you.gif

Did I miss your review of this?? It doesn't look familiar at all, but looks so appealing! And if it beats Guac 2... well fuck me, I need to check this out!

A STORY FOR THE AGES - BEST STORY

THE WOLF AMONG US

The_Wolf_Among_Us_cover_art.jpg

Mmhmm, mmhmm?

59-E35_058.jpg

THIS IS WHY I LOVE VIDEOGAMES - THE MOST SATISFYING EXPERIENCE

SHADOWMAN REMASTERED

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1618531627

Dude I remember you were so excited about this, and I just have this memory of it being a cool edgy 64 game without actually spending much time with it. I really need to correct that!

THE BEST GAME OF 2022

ELDEN RING

1643448830-553636-1643448873-noticia-normal_7k2x.1200.jpg

The more time goes by, the more I know you guys are gonna make a Souls junkie out of me sooner or later?

• @everyone else that I didn't manage to mention because I am writing this thing for a long while and my wife threatens to hit me with a cookbook if I don't start helping her with cleaning around 1f614.png

Oof. Yes, do that! Something tells me she can hit very hard?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Baker said:

Soon. Very soon..

The big difference here is I actually really like DMC 5. Just need to get back into it. ?

i-give-it-to-ya-you-got-me-there.gif

I saw a post of someone that ran through HAH with the super costume and then went through all missions one character at a time. And that sounded like a good idea to me. I’m thinking of  V—> Nero—> Dante.

Yeah that is possible...however using a super costume won't award you the S rank...which you need in Hell or Hell mode xD 

Unless there's an exploit? ?

Good luck with Catherine next year, you will complete it no doubt.

Many thanks, I only need the motivation to return to it ? 

13 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

For a quick idea of how dumb I am, when I saw this my first thought was "wow, he's really excited about this one" til I saw the exclamation points in the image. Not my brightest moment?

When it comes to Japanese game names, you never know what you're getting xD Arcana Heart games have a tendency to add a ton of exclamation points depending on the re-release (there's a PC version that has even more exclamation marks I think?)

Believe me the game is not as exciting as you would expect ?

Bruh. Here I was thinking I had the MGS deal solved, I knew which games I was and wasn't playing, and you had to come along and make this look so appealing. How dare you.

how-very-dare-you-how-dare-you.gif

Yeah there's no skipping Metal Gear Rising. Is is completely stupid, non-canon and action oriented instead of tactical stealth? Absolutely. But it is worth every minute.

Plus it has Kojima's personal blessing! 

Did I miss your review of this?? It doesn't look familiar at all, but looks so appealing! And if it beats Guac 2... well fuck me, I need to check this out!

Yeah I completed this game in January, so that's why it went under the radar.

You can click on the game name and it will send you back to my initial post about it :D if the site is kind enough to actually not mess the hyperlinks...

Dude I remember you were so excited about this, and I just have this memory of it being a cool edgy 64 game without actually spending much time with it. I really need to correct that!

This game is the most "my list, my rules" game I could add!

As mentioned, if it wasn't for Elden Ring, Shadowman would have been my GOTY. It was THAT GOOD (for me :> )

The more time goes by, the more I know you guys are gonna make a Souls junkie out of me sooner or later?

Oh there's no escape for you xD 

Oof. Yes, do that! Something tells me she can hit very hard?

Glad that my dodge moves are on point...I still had to clean up everything in detail. Gotta prepare for Christmas by suffering thoroughly ?

Goddamn dust...appearing outta nowhere..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

Yeah that is possible...however using a super costume won't award you the S rank...which you need in Hell or Hell mode xD 

Unless there's an exploit? 1f914.png

No. But but it would be just to have acces to every mission on every difficulty. And then pick them off one character at a time. I have D ranks everywhere as I played through all difficulties with the super costume. (Except Human) ?

• Like 1

On 22/12/2022 at 6:09 PM, Copanele said:

2022 Game of the Year Awards

D0sP4cEU0AAIBSp.jpg

(had no better image available)

As if a better image COULD be available??

SMOKING SEXY STYLE - BEST GAMEPLAY

HONORABLE MENTION - TREASURES OF THE AEGEAN

aegean_gameIcon.png

I don't know if I've told you already but I bought this purely on your review.

A STORY FOR THE AGES - BEST STORY

THE WOLF AMONG US

The_Wolf_Among_Us_cover_art.jpg

If only they removed the "choices" part in the game xD 

But a great story, for sure. ?

SotC is definitely overrated. The real Colossus was the friends we made along the way.

Or something.

On 22/12/2022 at 6:24 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Goddamnit - I bout Treasure of the Aegean already! I really did! I'll get to it soon, I swear! ?

Yes! This!!

Edited by Platinum_Vice
  • Like 4

On 12/24/2022 at 4:49 PM, Platinum_Vice said:

I don't know if I've told you already but I bought this purely on your review.

It will be mad hilarious/sad if you guys play it and end up not liking it xD 

On 12/24/2022 at 4:49 PM, Platinum_Vice said:

SotC is definitely overrated. The real Colossus was the friends we made along the way.

Or something.

I completely agree here. I made friends with the ground so many times... <3 

22 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Yo, amazing end-of-the-year post, Copanele! And congrats on the completion of 52 games over the span of a single year. That's gotta be a new record, man. Lol, I'm going to be lucky if I complete at least a third of that. xxD

Many thanks Honor! Yep it was a glorious year. If I think of it, it's my best year yet xD full of good and crazy games.

Gotta say, it was pure pleasure to share the rants with you mad lads (especially when I was almost losing my mind with Persona 4 Arena)

Reading your write-ups is always an experience as you always explain stuff in the most hilarious, yet accurate of ways. Can say that I've obtained plenty of insight into all of the games you've played, and you've also given me plenty of new considerations for my wishlist. It was nice to see you heading into the Arcana Heart 3 mines this year. Safe to say that that game was an eye-opener for you. An eye-opener in the sense that hey, you can have fan-service games with a lot of substance and a high fun factor. Even if it made you feel like an Orc worker in Warcraft 3 going into the mines, you have to admit that you were a happy Orc worker with ze lolis. xxD

I really enjoyed Arcana Heart 3 , the original one. The extra difficulty twist really made it enjoyable. And yes, Examu really showed no restraint with some characters or gallery arts xD 

Love Max however....

fb370186e45f0d4c31605c1f16e3ed61104c8c0bv2_hq.jpg

No thank you xD 

Seeing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance referred to multiple times throughout this award post reminds me I really need to play that one at some point because it looks so badass. Also, the memes. It should give me plenty of more context for all of those too. x3 That Shadowman remaster is another that I need to experience for myself. I am always a sucker for classic, retro games. ^^

I think you will enjoy both of them. Shadowman even more, because of that clunk :> 

Whenever you make a bit of space in your neverending backlog, you can give either of them a go ?

And man, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl was so bad... I can only imagine the levels of disappointment I am going to get whenever I get to playing Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite. For once, I know Felicia is not in the game, so I know Capcom is already dropping the ball in a massive way there. Come to think of it, maybe it's for the better that Felicia didn't make it because the game looks horrendous at times. She actually dodged a bullet there. >.>

Here's hoping that this next year brings us more "what the hell is this game goddamnit Copanele" moments to remember. xxD

Yeah... please don't play MvCI. Really. There's NOTHING of value there.

And yeah Felicia not being in the game is a good thing, they would have butchered her badly! Low res Felicia would have been the final nail in the MvC coffin

Also this year I thought of something. I might give the jRPG genre a go... .:> 

I think that would generate enough "me" moments.

Just not Persona (sorry @Yuber6969). I ain't doing highschool again!

• Like 3

Great write-up! I agree with MGR getting so many awards, especially for OST. My favourite song by far was The Only Thing I Know for Real.

I'm not surprised to see that AH3LM got the grind award. The gallery grind was so irritating.

Big congrats again on P4A! I know you'll follow up with Koihime sooner rather than later.

On 22/12/2022 at 8:48 AM, AihaLoveleaf said:

Are there going to be more "Damn it, @Copanele!" Moments in 2023!? Damn it, @Copanele!!

Considering he made KOF 13 a bounty for 2023's UR cleanup, yes. xD

On 22/12/2022 at 0:22 PM, Copanele said:

You know which game ain't UR anymore even? ART OF FIGHTING!!

We both know a person that would call bullshit on that rarity 1f602.png

And that person is me. Fuck SNK lol.

• Like 2

@Copanele Good list of fighting games on that challenge list. I didn't complete a lot of them last year in terms of Platinums.

This year it will be the same because I plan to play SF6 all throughout second half of the year when it releases and drop everything else I'm playing to rank up online and use training mode a lot. 

I would normally say good luck on that list but you don't need it. ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

@Copanele Good list of fighting games on that challenge list. I didn't complete a lot of them last year in terms of Platinums.

This year it will be the same because I plan to play SF6 all throughout second half of the year when it releases and drop everything else I'm playing to rank up online and use training mode a lot. 

I would normally say good luck on that list but you don't need it. 1f609.png 

Hahah I guess you won't be available anymore starting 2nd of June ,unless I send you fight requests ??

Thanks! I "might" need a bit of luck with DoA5 survival mode, but I'll pray to the Gods of Jiggle that I succeed ?

3 minutes ago, maxfighter27 said:

@Copanele good luck with your games and have fun

Many thanks :D 

• Like 1

Congrats!

I still haven't played a DOA game (except Xtreme) and I wondered why everyone shat on 6 so much. I can see why now; it does sound pretty bad lol.

I've had Melty Blood on my wishlist for a while now and I'm glad to hear that it's decent. I really liked UNI so I'm sure I'll like this.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 0:10 AM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I liked DOA6, played it a ton online.Got up to something like B Rank in Ranked Match with my main. I agree DOA5 and its incarnations are miles better but this was still a fun romp imo. Well done.

I think I reached C rank while going for matches...for a fanservice oriented fighting game...too many people are playing Jan Lee online xD 

17 hours ago, Yuber6969 said:

Congrats!

I still haven't played a DOA game (except Xtreme) and I wondered why everyone shat on 6 so much. I can see why now; it does sound pretty bad lol.

I've had Melty Blood on my wishlist for a while now and I'm glad to hear that it's decent. I really liked UNI so I'm sure I'll like this.

Go for 5 whenever you have the time :D it's super fun!

Yep I think you will enjoy Melty. The Story mode might be abit of a grind...but you had the patience to power through UNI story mode so this one will be easy xD 

• Like 2