Jopo?

"Also, hey, I think you might have missed a trophy/achievement?
Need ya back at 100%, buddy!"

haha damn, ya got me. The bastards know what they're doing at least. Hopefully it's not another full playthrough? Game was great, but the replay value for what I assume would just be a few new jokes would not be worth it.

18 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

I don’t want to find out. Gonna do it now.

But normally, trophies are not allowed for limited time events.

I could be wrong, but wasn't there a trophy for one of those baseball games where you had to play on one specific date online, and if you missed out, you were permanently blocked from achieving the plat?

Edited by ArmoredSnowman

Sony doesn't allow time-limited trophies. But then again, Sony doesn't suppose to allow garbage "games" on their store and look where we are now :awesome: (not talking about this game).

The fact that devs even put this line on their website: "Also, hey, I think you might have missed a trophy/achievement? Need ya back at 100%, buddy!", kinda makes me feel that they care about this stuff, at least to a some extent...don't want to risk it but don't feel like starting the game right now :) 

• Like 2

I just did the trophy and for the people wondering. You are able to reload and finish 'glorkon's base' and the trophy will pop; no need for a whole playthrough.

For people wondering I didn't noticed anything other except of trover name been replaced by JOOOPOOOOO.

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

So I have the disc version of the game, I downloaded the update, launched game, and it hard crashed my PS4, had to repair hard drive and what not. Then 2nd time the game won't even start. I'm honestly scared to try and launch it again.

Has anyone else had issues? If I can't get the trophy because of this I'm gonna be really upset 

17 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

I could be wrong, but wasn't there a trophy for one of those baseball games where you had to play on one specific date online, and if you missed out, you were permanently blocked from achieving the plat?

Yeah MLB 2K10  and 11 had this trophy https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/263-major-league-baseball-2k10/37-mid-summer-classic

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Conker said:

How did that get past QA? One day to do a trophy...doesn't really make me optimistic about this Jopo one then. 

1 hour ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

How did that get past QA? One day to do a trophy...doesn't really make me optimistic about this Jopo one then. 

In theory you can also say kinda the same of the PvZ 2 DLC packs. were there all limited, but due to being a bit rarer then others, it's bassically waiting for months until 'hopefully' the rare events comes back up; and if they don't, well heheh.

However I do say that in the MLB case, they sneaked it in the main list. It's not like Sony will question every trophy there is. Also kinda the same with this --> an update with a trophy; I've seen that many times before. Nowhere in the trophy lists does it state limited. As well as been an update actually looks not limited tbh and the only thing I really see were 'special event' is stated is in the twitter post.

Could it be a slip up from sony? Or did sony (or squanch games) actually noticed and made a decision about it (saying that it should come back permenantly later)? We don't know until we see it!

If the first one is true, I will say that it fits nicely in sony's lack of trophy quality control.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

In theory you can also say kinda the same of the PvZ 2 DLC packs. were there all limited, but due to being a bit rarer then others, it's bassically waiting for months until 'hopefully' the rare events comes back up; and if they don't, well heheh.

However I do say that in the MLB case, they sneaked it in the main list. It's not like Sony will question every trophy there is. Also kinda the same with this --> an update with a trophy; I've seen that many times before. Nowhere in the trophy lists does it state limited. As well as been an update actually looks not limited tbh and the only thing I really see were 'special event' is stated is in the twitter post.

Could it be a slip up from sony? Or did sony (or squanch games) actually noticed and made a decision about it (saying that it should come back permenantly later)? We don't know until we see it!

If the first one is true, I will say that it fits nicely in sony's lack of trophy quality control.

Guess only way to find out is if someone can tweet at them. Yeah, I've heard about PvZ. I don't play it, but I've heard some specific event hasn't been out since February. That's gotta suck for people. Wish there QA people at Sony, or if there are, that they would be fired and replaced, since bullshit like Borderlands Japan getting dlc trophies for PS3 shouldn't have happened.

On 8/16/2019 at 3:25 PM, Bumperklever said:

I just did the trophy and for the people wondering. You are able to reload and finish 'glorkon's base' and the trophy will pop; no need for a whole playthrough.

For people wondering I didn't noticed anything other except of trover name been replaced by JOOOPOOOOO.

Yeah, I even went through the final chapter but it just seemed like a new skin for Trover.  Anyone know if Jopo was mentioned in the game prior?  Such a weird little update.

5 hours ago, Jounochi said:

Yeah, I even went through the final chapter but it just seemed like a new skin for Trover.  Anyone know if Jopo was mentioned in the game prior?  Such a weird little update.

Just some more of that bizarre Roiland humour. They just reskinned Trover into this new character and pretend like he’s been the main character the whole time. Not much deeper than that, unless it’s setting up more jokes with future dlc. 

They added Jopo mode in a patch so they'd have to patch the game again to disable it. I however have a feeling that calling it a "limited time event" is just another joke. But you never know.

What I'd imagine is they'll patch the game at some point so it doesn't have the Jopo thing all over the title by default but they'll probably leave the character toggle as an option somewhere.

Edited by IDiivil

6 hours ago, IDiivil said:

They added Jopo mode in a patch so they'd have to patch the game again to disable it. I however have a feeling that calling it a "limited time event" is just another joke. But you never know.

What I'd imagine is they'll patch the game at some point so it doesn't have the Jopo thing all over the title by default but they'll probably leave the character toggle as an option somewhere.

even if jopo gets removed, i'd assume people can just downgrade the game.