ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

On 11/26/2019 at 6:28 PM, Cassylvania said:

Right. It requires a bit of a different philosophy than most other community events.

I think the problem some people are going to have is that they may have multiple games in mind for certain letters, so being locked into a particular choice may have the opposite effect as intended. For example, I put down Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon as my C. I'd also like to play Child of Light and Children of Zodiarcs. If I'm never in the mood to play Chocobo's -- and neither of the others will count for this event -- then aren't I more likely to leave this blank? Isn't it better to allow players to focus on ANY game from their backlog, so long as it fits the alphabet criteria?

One thing I think is interesting about this event is that there are several letters that I have zero games in mind for. Yeah, I put some choices down, but am I really going to want to play Uncanny Valley or Valkyria Revolution? I don't know. I did a bit of research on them, but I'm not sure how I'll feel next November or December. On the other hand, if I'm nearly done with the alphabet and just have U and V left, maybe I'll have that extra incentive to go out there and find a game on sale or from my deep, deep backlog.

If I could make a suggestion, what if players may commit to either the game on their list OR the first game they begin in 2020 with that letter? For example, I have Chocobo's listed for C, but I decide to play Child of Light instead. As long as I haven't started Chocobo's, that's OK. I'm still working on a game from my backlog. But I can't just play Chocobo's for a few hours, decide I don't like it, and switch my pick to Child of Light. That will prevent people from beginning a bunch of games they won't finish, but it allows them the freedom to swap their picks if something looks more appealing at the time.

Just some food for thought. I know it's supposed to be a laid-back event, but the length of it, the number of games involved, and the rigidness of the rules may scare off some members.

It isn't a chill competition, its a chill group of people in an intense competition. 27 platinums, with a badge prize for the person who finishes it first like that's a lot. 5 more than ive ever gotten in a single year it's gonna be fun. but i highly agree without switching out while the competition is going on unless a server shutdown happens alot of people have games on their lists that require specifics date batman arkham city, pscyhonauts, etc etc. Good Luck to everyone I'm excited to be playing with and against all of you 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I don't remember PC1being that big of a grind (the SP, ya, that's a huge grind, and why I'm still not done with it),

I'm an idiot.. I just saw Project Cars and grind, and thought "hell yeah it was!". I didn't notice the online part was being referenced.

5 hours ago, iXanon said:

Welcome along! Yes, for updates and discussion simply continue to reply to this thread ?

I think most lists are going to be quite ambitious unless loaded with POWGI / TT titles. I admire everyone wishing to participate with me!

..and speaking of backup games, I guess I should add some really (though I don't intend to use them).

So did we make a final decision to allow back ups? If so @iXanon, would you mind updating the OP?

Updated my list 

- Replaced Bioshock 2 with 1 (Don’t remember too much of 1 and I haven’t played it on PS4)

- KH 2 replaced with KH Chain of Memories (I should probably go in order and have only played KH1

My backups are going to be stuff I haven’t gotten around to but have wanted to.

- Kingdom Come Deliverance

- Dragon Age Inquisition

- Danganronpa 3 

• Like 2

Edited my list a bit for X, T, K, and H. Anyone know if the first Killzone has online? I know 2 and 3 have discontinued servers. If it does, I'll put Knack back again. 

As for the question of how I'm planning to start, I might do an easy game first just to get the ball rolling for myself. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I don't remember PC1being that big of a grind (the SP, ya, that's a huge grind, and why I'm still not done with it), PC2 is the one with the nig online grind (really big...). 

Not sure what One Piece game you are talking about, but if it's PW1 on ps3 (I started it, but is on standby), I can help, same if it's World Seeker (I have the game, but wasn't thinking in using it because it's to long, but if you want, we can do the online. 

Also on 428 Shibuya, it's currently on sale for 15€ on EU!! (lucky me!).. Didn't it got a sale on the US too? It's part of the Christmas sale that started on Monday. 

Sorry for the confusion; my selected P game is Project Cars 2, not the 1st one. The big online trophy I'm seeing is the 350 clean races which seems like a chore. For the One Piece, I have Burning Blood so I'm just hoping it dosen't have region-locked servers (like Jojo: Eyes of Heaven has...).

Also, I chcked for 428 and it apparently last sale on it was back in September, but no big deal. I found an alternative that looks pretty interesting.

1 hour ago, flashpool23 said:

Anyone know if the first Killzone has online? I know 2 and 3 have discontinued servers. If it does, I'll put Knack back again.

Looking at guides, no online trophies. A second controller will be required though.

Edited by ArtikSkarab
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Sorry for the confusion; my selected P game is Project Cars 2, not the 1st one. The big online trophy I'm seeing is the 350 clean races which seems like a chore. For the One Piece, I have Burning Blood so I'm just hoping it dosen't have region-locked servers (like Jojo: Eyes of Heaven has...).

Also, I chcked for 428 and it apparently last sale on it was back in September, but no big deal. I found an alternative that looks pretty interesting.

Looking at guides, no online trophies. A second controller will be required though.

Ok, ya, the 350 races (no need to be clean), after I don't even know how many  clean laps to acheave the good driver rating (forgot the name). 

It's best to do multi-laps on the short almost over track to achieve the clean rate (it counts clean laps, and unclear laps, not races), then do 1 lap races to achieve the Legend status or whatever it is (it requires completed races, laps don't count). 

I actually already did it, just the races took us 6 or 10 hours over 3-4 "Saturday long nights".. I didn't plat it because I want PC1 plat first. The SP trophies on PC2 aren't that long to get. 

Ok, I forgot that Burning Blood was also on PS4, can't help you with it, unless it's crossplay, since I only own the vita version. 

Ok, good that you found a suitable alternative! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Okay that doesn't sound bad! I'll keep Killzone since I haven't played it yet, as well as 2 (though I'm not adding that since it has no servers), but have played 3 and Shadow Fall.

I added a number game as well for myself and just checked your spreadsheet and for all the ones you don't have a system for, it'll be on PS4.

Still subject to change though! 

• Like 1

Here's my list. Not decided on my back ups yet.

#- 1979 Revolution: Black Friday

A- Assassin's creed 2
B- Bully
C- Cat quest 2
D- Dead space 2 (GER)
E- The elder scrolls V: skyrim vr
F- Final fantasy 8
G- God of war (ps3)
H- Harry potter & the half blood prince DONE
I- Illusion of L'Phalcia
J- Jurassic the hunted
K- Kingdoms of amalur reckoning
L- Lord of the rings: Aragorn's quest
M- Mass effect 2
N- Need for speed: Rivals
O- Obduction
P- Paranormal activity: The lost soul
Q- Quest of dungeons
R- Reverie
S- Saw
T- Tales from the borderlands DONE
U- Uncharted: The lost legacy
V- Vampyr
W- Wanted: Weapons of fate
X- X-blades
Y- Yesterday origins
Z- Zerotopian invasion DONE

Edited by Redbeard-Rik
Added # game
  • Like 2

Alright, here's my list:

Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
Batman: The Enemy Within
Call of Cthulu
Demetrios
Ellen
Frisky Business
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
Intruders: Hide And Seek
The Journey Down: Chapter One
Kona
The Liar Princess And The Blind Prince
Massira
N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure
Oceanhorn — Monster Of Uncharted Seas
Path of Sin: Greed
Q The Town of Light
Randal's Monday
State of Mind
Thimbleweed Park
Unfinished Swan
Valiant Hearts
Wailing Heights
Xeodrifter
Yesterday Origins
Zero Time Dilemma

• Like 3

I've edited in the three back up games to my original list noted by a parenthesis after the main game. Most of these were added for the sake of having them, just in case.  Don't intend to use them. 

Not sure if I want to do Darksouls or Death's Stranding for D.  I gave Dark Souls the nod because I already have it, but I may swap it if I pick up Death's Stranding before we start up and swap Dark Souls to back up.  Anybody have a compelling reason I should do one over the other? 

• Like 2

A A Plague's Tale: Innocence 
Bully
Chasm
 Deracine 
Erica
 Final Fantasy 7 Remaster
G Ghost of Tsushima 
Here They Lie
Inside
Just in Time Incorporated 
Kona
Lego Marvel's Avengers
 Metal Wolf Choas xD
Night in the Woods
Observation 
 Persona 5 Royal
Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past
Red Dead Redemption 2
Song of the Deep
Trails of Cold Steel 2 
Uncharted The Lost Legacy
Valkyria Chronicles 
What Remains of Edith Finch
 Resident Evil 3 (sub)
Yoku's Island Express 
The Raven Remastered and Republique (subs)

• Like 3

Count me in, this sounds great and will help to clear about 1% of my backlog haha

I'm going to try and mix in some longer plats with some shorter experiences to break it up. Switched out X as I don't have any other than XCOM 2 and I think I am nowhere near skilled enough to platinum that. Also switching out Y for two other games

Choose your games!

A - Assassin's Creed Origins
B - Burly Men at Sea
C - Child of Light
D - Dear Esther
E - Ether One
F - Far Cry 3 Remastered
G - Gris
H - Headlander
I - Indivisible
J - Jak and Daxter Precursor Legacy
K - Kona
L - LA Noire
M - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
N - Narcos Rise of the Cartel
O - Okami HD
P - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Q - Q.U.B.E 2
R - Return of the Obra Dinn
S - Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
T - The Division 2
U - Unravel
V - Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
W - (The) Witness
X <=> Gravity Rush Remastered
Y <=> Forgotton Anne and Telltale's Game of Thrones
Z - Zombi

Backups:

Gravity Rush 2

Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Need for Speed (2015)

*Edit* Swapping out Owlboy and Jurassic World for Okami and Jak and Daxter as I annoyingly already a couple of trophies on each of them

*Edit 2* Swapping The Division 2 for Torchlight 2 as I want to start the Division over Xmas

*Edit 3* Undoing Edit 2 as I am not going to have chance to start the Division before January

Edited by Juxta-Dowgle
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, TheIndru said:

Any chance we could also add games that have 1-2 trophies opened? I have lots of games with 1-2 trophies opened, but very few without.

Sorry, you'll need to find another event/challenge for those. This is for Unstarted games only.

@MidnightDragon tends to run such events for Backlogs, his current one runs until the end of February ?

So here I am then with a list of Unstarted Games, joining this challenge.

A - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (PS4)
B - Blacksad: Under The Skin (PS4)
C - Code Vein (PS4)
D - Dynasty Warriors 9 (PS4)
E - Earthlock: Festival of Magic (PS4)
F - Full Throttle Remastered (PS4)
G - Gone Home (PS4)
H - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4)
I - I Am Setsuna (PS4)
J - Just Cause 3 (PS4)
K - Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (PS4)
L - Lost Sphear (PS4)
M - Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4)
N - Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered (PS4)
O - Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (PS4)
P - Persona 5 Royal (PS4)
Q - Queen's Quest 2: Stories of a Forgotten Past (PS4)
R - Ratchet & Clank (PS3)
S - The Saboteur (PS3)
T - The Raven (PS4)
U - Until Dawn (PS4)
V - Vampyr (PS4)
W - Wheels of Aurelia (PS4)
X - Xing: The Land Beyond (PS4)
Y - Yokaa-Laylee (PS4)
Z <=> Asterix & Obelix XXL 3 (PS4) (This is a swap)

Backup #1: Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 1 (PS4)

Backup #2: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PS4)

Backup #3: Assassin's Creed: Origins (PS4)

Edited by TheIndru
  • Like 3

As we get closer to the start of the new year I looked at my list and saw too many cop outs on my part. So I've made my list a bit beefier. 

A - American Ninja Warrior Challenge (PS4)

B - Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)

C - Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4)

D - Detroit: Become Human (PS4)

E - The Evil Within 2 (PS4)

F - Far Cry 3 Classic Edition (PS4)

G - Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered (PS4)

H - Hasbro Family Game Night 4 (PS3)

I - Ice Age: Scratt's Nutty Adventure (PS4)

J - Judgement (PS4)

K - Kick-Ass 2 (PS3)

L - L.A. Noire (PS4)

M - Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3)

N - Nioh 2 (PS4)

O - Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD (PS3)

P - Persona 5: The Royal (PS4)

Q - Queen’s Quest 3: The End of Dawn (PS4)

R - Resident Evil 3 (PS4)

S - Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (PS4)

T - Transistor (PS4)

U - Untitled Goose Game (PS4)

V - Vampyr (PS4)

W - Watch_Dogs Legion (PS4)

X - X-Men Destiny (PS3)

Y - Yooka-Layle (PS4)

Z - Zerotopian Invasion (PS4)

Kinda worried about Watch Dogs since it technically doesn't have a release date but I hope it'll be out in 2020. I really wanna play it.

With that in mind i'm only listing one backup in case it doesn't come out.

Backup: Final Fantasy VII Remake

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 3