ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

March Update:

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  Q+ R  S  T  U  V  W  X  X+  Y  Z  Z+

Spirit Hunter: NG

Start: 06.03.2020 | Finish: 12.03.2020

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Start: 12.03.2020 | Finish: 15.03.2020

Entire month be like:

"Hm... It's 1st March, I've almost got 100 plats, I would like to make it P5 plat, I so much like phantom thieves as a whole (I'm big fan of Arsene Lupin)."

*decides it's time to finally do 100% in Nioh, then instead of starting P5, is playing NG and Astrobot*

Around 15th March: "Oh, maybe I really should play P5?" *is still playing Nioh*, *finally starts P5 at 22th*

"I totally forgot about BL3 dlc is coming this month!"

This way idk when I'll finish it, lol.

• Like 3

It's been a while since my last update, and not much else got done.. 

I have been playing Conception 2 and got a new Sly collection disc, so, I started Sly 2 for real, that's about all... 

Also with P5R and FF7R soon, I expect to make 0 progress in the next 3-4 months... (well, unless this Virus goes away and I start doing my weekly trips, in that case, I expect to at least make some progress on the Vita games..). 

• Like 3

New month, new update!

After beating Assassin's Creed Odyssey I've decided to take a break from it and pick it back up in a few months.

I've completed 3 games this time:

Valiant Hearts: The Great War was a beautiful little game that I enjoyed more than I thought I would.

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture was a bit boring. If I wanted to go to a ghost town I would just go outside. Luckily it's not that long.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time had some issues (almost impossible to hear dialog, stupid princess that gets killed or shoots you instead of the enemies) but overal I enjoyed it.

This month I'm going to do the other 2 from the PoP trilogy for my Z swap, maybe do a few short games and start God of War.

With this stay at home thing still going till at least end of the month I should be able to make some good progress.

Completed Letters: E, J, P, V

• Like 3

A Quick Concise Update Where I don't Say Anything Particularly Interesting

I completed Trinity Universe and Ninja Pizza Girl since my last update. I enjoyed both games. I'm planning on completing Fallout 4 next. 

The game list is in the spoiler tag. 

Spoiler

198X (PS4)
A Rose in the Twilight (Vita)
Broforce (PS4)

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online (PS4)
Double Dragon Neon (PS3)
Everybody's Golf (PS4)

Fallout 4 (PS4)
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (PS4) 
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary (Vita)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (PS4)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (Vita)

Infinifactory (PS4)
Just Cause 3 (PS4)
Jet Set Radio (Vita)

King's Quest: The Complete Collection (PS4)
L.A. Noire (PS4)
Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4)
Ninja Pizza Girl (PS4)
Nekopara Vol. 3 (PS4)

Oddworld New 'n Tasty (PS4) 
Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4) 
Psychonauts (PS4) 
Quest of Dungeons (PS4)
Quantum Conundrum (PS3)
Riddled Corpses EX (Vita)
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (PS3) 
Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (Vita)
Spyro the Dragon (PS4)  
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (PS4) 
Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (PS4)

Trinity Universe (PS3) 
Touhou Genso Rondo (PS4) 
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (PS4)
Uncanny Valley (PS4)
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4) 
WILL: A Wonderful World (PS4)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition (PS4)
Xeodrifter (PS4) 
Yomawari: Night Alone (Vita) 
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (Vita)
Zone of the Enders HD Edition (PS3) 

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD Edition (PS3)   
+ Persona 3 FES but it doesn't really count since it doesn't have a trophy list.

• Like 2

Now that the New Year Resolution event is over, I should be able to put more effort into this list. 

Up to 6 now. C, U, and Z new completions since last update. 

A - The Adventures of Tintin (Movies)
B - Batman: Arkham Asylum (Batman) 
C - The Council (Choice & Consequence) -> Complete
D - Detroit: Become Human (Choice & Consequence)
E - Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (Artifex Mundi)
F - Forma.8 (Metroidvania)
G - G-Force (Movies)
H - Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (Hitman)
I - Iron Man 2 (Marvel)
J - Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (Shonen Jump)
K - Kingmaker: Rise of the Throne (Artifex Mundi)
L - LEGO Legends of Chima (LEGO)
M - Marvel's Spider-Man (Spider-Man)
N - Noir Chronicles: City of Crime (Artifex Mundi) - > Complete
O -- First Swap -- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (Ratchet & Clank)
P - Prince of Persia (Prince of Persia)
Q - Queen's Quest 3: The End of Dawn (Artifex Mundi) -> Complete
R - Ratchet & Clank PS4 (Ratchet & Clank)
S - Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Metroidvania)
T - The Walking Dead: The Final Season (Choice & Consequence) 
U - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (Uncharted) -> Complete
V -- Second Swap -- Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate (Batman) 

V+ - LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (LEGO)
W - Where the Wild Things Are (Movies)
X - X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Marvel)
Y -- Third Swap -- Timespinner (Metroidvania) 
Y+ - Spider-Man: Edge of Time (Spider-Man)

Z -- Fourth Swap -- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Price of Persia) -> Complete

Z+ - Steins; Gate 0 PS4 (Science Adventure) -> Complete

Project Platinums represented and progress below. Just wanted to keep track of how this event is also pushing my completions there

Movies: Started year at 10 (Gold). Currently at 10 (Gold)

Batman: Started year at 0, Currently at 0.

Choice & Consequence: Started year at 12 (Silver), Currently at 15 (Silver)

Artifex Mundi: Started at 9 (Silver), Currently at 14 (Gold)

Metroidvania: Started at 6 (Silver), Currently at 6 (Silver)

Hitman: Started at 1 (Bronze), Currently at 1 (Bronze)

Marvel: Started at 5 (Silver), Currently at 5 (Silver)

Shonen Jump: Started at 0, Currently at 0

LEGO: Started at 15 (Silver), Currently at 15 (Silver)

Spider-Man: Started at 2 (Silver), Currently at 2 (Silver)

Ratchet & Clank: Started at 3 (Silver), Currently at 5 (Gold)

Prince of Persia: Started at 0, Currently at 2 (Silver)

Uncharted: Started at 0, Currently at 1 (Bronze)

Science Adventure Started at 3 (Bronze), Currently at 4 (Silver)

• Like 2

I am so late getting started on this but better late than never:

A - Adventure Time Pirates of the Enchiridion (completed)

B - Bendy and the Ink Machine

C- Chaos on Deponia (completed)

D -Dishonored Death of an Outsider

E - Ether One

F - Final Fantasy XII

G - Grand Theft Auto 5 (ps4)

H - Hello Neighbor

I - Inner World The Last Wind Monk (completed)

j - Jak II

K - Kholat (completed)

L - Life is Strange 2 (didn't realize i put on the list and started it early, my loss. completed but doesn't count)

M - Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain

N - Nioh

O - Oceanhorn

P - Pix the Cat

Q - QUBE (completed)

R - Rime

S - Shadow of the Colossus

T - Typoman (completed)

U - Ultratron

V - Victor Vran

W - World of Final Fantasy

X - Dragon Quest XI (substitution)

Y - Yooka Laylee

Z - Zombi

Wish I had listed back ups so I could swap out life is strange but I didn't see a need at the time. Oh well. My fault.

Edited by cnine
  • Like 3

It's been a while hasn't it? I've got one more for the list now

L0024ed.png

R (1 of 1 completed) - RiME

I'm not sure what to say, at least in a way that avoids spoilers and because the ending has me feeling...feelings.

RiME is a game that can be easily completed. Some puzzles here, some puzzles there. Walk to a point, shout at jars and fires and orbs. Move some blocks, climb some cliffs, jump around. Follow a fox, follow a guide, follow a sentinel, don't follow a bird. Feed boars....or not. Swim. Avoid shadows. Don't drown. No dying. 

So why do I recommend it? Okay to be fair, it's not a hard recommend but for the gorgeous trophy images and ingame visuals, an easy enough plat, a beautiful soundtrack, and a pattern of following the Five Stages of Grief; there are worse ways to spend your gaming time.

I'll say this. The ending is worth sticking through and the collectables are a good way of telling a story without telling it. For a free plus game at one point it's certainly to be played. Just be aware you're in it for a story and not mindless fun (I think the right mindset is needed to at least give this a start in my experience, or else you'd think of putting it off like I did at the start).

But hey, it's now time to move on. 

Edited by flashpool23
  • Like 3

Update #2

Haven't done one of these in a while...

Beyond: Two Souls - The second David Cage game I've played and I liked it more than Heavy Rain. The plot held together better, though there were some pretty heavy-handed bits of railroading (why give you multiple opportunities to turn down a love interest if you ultimately don't get a choice?). As with Heavy Rain, having to play through parts of the game repeatedly make this a fairly exhausting platinum to go for.

Children of Zodiarcs - This is a strategy RPG with deckbuilding and dice rolling mechanics. I get the impression that it's not a very well known game. As a game, it's fine. The beginning is fairly challenging and it kind of stalls out mechanically in the last third. That is, once my party had leveled up sufficiently, I didn't really ever need to change my tactics or setup. Storywise, I was not expecting this game to be so bleak.

Hitman: Contracts - PS3 remaster of the PS2 version of the third Hitman game. As that description suggests, some of the mechanics/gameplay can be a bit clunky by modern standards, but it was still a lot of fun. I'm afraid I used a walkthrough rather than playing the game "properly". But between having already played it a decade ago on PC and the trophy requirements (get the highest rank on the highest difficulty without any saves), I wasn't willing to put in the effort to play the missions blind.

Prey - Dishonored meets System Shock, more or less. It's a little strange how, despite it coming from a well-known developer, I kept kind of forgetting that this game existed. I really liked the story and hope it gets a sequel eventually. The DLC was also surprisingly fun even if it was a little light on plot. It gave me an opportunity to actually experience the cool special powers that trophy restrictions kept me away from in the main game.

Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut - I didn't like this. A passable puzzle game combined with poor FPS platforming and not great controls. At least it was short and I got it for free.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - My 175th platinum. This game didn't get stellar reviews when it came out, and I can see why. I'm a huge fan of the Tomb Raider series and even I got a little bored by the end. Not a bad game but didn't really do anything exciting.

Wasteland 2 - A callback to the old isometric RPGs of the past, I backed this on Kickstarter when it was first announced. It was still a lot of fun, but the interface was... not great. It definitely played better with a mouse and keyboard. Here's hoping that that will be fixed in Wasteland 3 when it comes out later this year.

My complete list:

Spoiler

Anata no Shikihime Kyoudoutan
Beyond: Two Souls
Children of Zodiarcs
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Eiyu Denki Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evolution
Fallout 4
Greedfall
Hitman: Contracts
Infamous Second Son
Judge Eyes
Knack
Lords of the Fallen
Mutant Year Zero
NieR: Automata
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Prey
Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut
Resident Evil
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Uncanny Valley

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni
Wasteland 2
X-Blades
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Zanki Zero: Last Beginning

Edited by cckerberos
  • Like 4

Update #11!

I'm back with another weekly (sort of... more like fortnightly this time) update! I neglected posting the last couple weeks after I really made no progress towards this event at all- and I figured that while I've been trying to keep to posting once a week, it should really be relevant to the event at least a little... as much as I would love to talk about the Final Fantasy VII Remake hahah.

Anyway, I've just locked in my 6th platinum for the event with Minecraft Story Mode. I'm falling a little behind schedule but with the next big release I'll be looking to play not coming out until June at the earliest, I have some time to catch up on older titles. I definitely want to be looking at starting some of my longer titles on my list shortly, so I know I have plenty of time to finish them. As for what's in progress, I have stalled a little on Zero Escape. I don't know, but Virtue's Last Reward just isn't grabbing me like the first one did. I'm still loving the puzzles for sure, but I dunno. They've changed the entire definition of what the "Nonary Game" was in the first game and I just don't know if I'm enjoying it as much. I mean props to the devs for trying something different of course... I'm not really all too far in in comparison to the full thing so I may be swayed in the future.

That leaves Minecraft Story Mode. My thoughts on this one are a little bit of a roller coaster ride. I stalled on this one after the first 1 or 2 episodes as I struggled to get into it, but then I came back to it and quite enjoyed the next couple episodes after that. Essentially the main adventure arc ended in episode 4, of the 8 episodes made for this season. Each episode thereafter was a one-shot adventure- one even featuring several popular Minecraft (I assume) youtubers, however I found the use of their actual usernames a bit jarring when everyone else in the universe thus far  just has a regular first name. There were also some (I think) references to their personalities that I didn't understand since I don't follow any of them (the most obvious one being why Dan's hair kept changing colour, lol). I'm hoping it's not outrageous to assume that someone playing "Minecraft" Storymode doesn't necessarily follow any of the big name youtubers that play it haha. That being said, the plot of the episode itself wasn't too bad. Episode 7 was probably by far the most disappointing just due to how buggy it was (the story itself was pretty interesting) - a lot of voice lines were cut off before they finished and in some instances Jesse's (the main character whose gender you get to chose at the start) voice lines came out in the opposite gender from what I had chosen. This was disappointing as I didn't have these issues in any of the other episodes. Now I know I'm being critical but overall- not a bad game. If you like Minecraft especially then it's worth giving it a go (unless you really hate the more cinematic type of game).

I don't mean to be critical... but yeah! That's it for now. I feel like I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to games- so I always try to find little things to improve- or try to be genuine about parts that I didn't like- otherwise if you asked me what I thought overall it would probably be something along the lines of "it was good! I liked it! I enjoyed it!" etc. haha.

The list:

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey PS4 - 0%
Batman (Telltale) PS4 - 0%
Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 - 0%
Deus Ex: Human Revolution PS3 - 0%
Erica PS4 - 100% :platinum:
Fallout 3 PS3 - 0%
Guardians of the Galaxy PS4 - 100% :platinum:
How to Train Your Dragon PS3 - 0%
Infamous PS3 - 0%
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy PS4 - 0%
Kingdom Hearts PS4 - 0%
Late Shift PS4 - 100% :platinum:
Minecraft: Story Mode PS4 - 100% :platinum:
NieR Automata PS4 - 0%
Oxenfree PS4 - 100% :platinum:
Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight PS4 - 0%
Q.U.B.E 2 PS4 - 0%
Republique PS4 - 0%
Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands PS4 -  100% :platinum:
Trüberbrook PS4 - 0%
Unravel PS4 - 0%
Vampyr PS4 - 0%
Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler PS3 - 0%
XCOM 2 PS4 - 0%
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles PS4 - 0%

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games VITA - 28%

• Like 2

One more finished Game with Nier Automata. 

I am nearly 100% in Yakuza, than Legendary and its done, but FFVIIR first ?

At the moment I just want to know, if I there is work next week or not. ?

Spoiler

A A Plague's Tale: Innocence PS4 0%
B Beyond Two Souls PS4 0%
C Code Vein PS4 100%
D Disgaea 5 PS4 18%
E Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4 0%
F Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4 55%
G God Eater Resurrection PS4 / Vita 21%
H Horizon Zero Dawn PS4 0%
I Infamous PS3 100%
J Journey PS3 0%
K Kingdom Hearts PS4 100%
L Lost Dimension VITA 100%
M Marvels Spider-Man PS4 0%
N Nier Automata PS4 100%
O One Piece: Burning Blood VITA 100%
P Persona 5 PS4 100%
Q Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past PS4 0%
R Rune Factory: Ocean PS3 0%
S Steins;Gate Elite PS4 100%
T Tales of Arise PS4 0%
U Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Remastered PS4 100%
V Valkyrie Chronicle PS4 0%
W World of Final Fantasy PS4/VITA 100%
X XBlaze Code: Embryo  VITA 100%
Y Yakuza 0 PS4 82%
Z Zero Escape: The Nonary Games  VITA 100%

Edited by Salima-sensei
  • Like 4

Mirelurkers, Why Did Have to be Mirelurkers

I recently completed Fallout 4. It was a fun enjoyable time but my opinions overall are very mixed. For everything I liked, I had at least one thing I disliked.

The world of Fallout is has 1950s retrofuturistic setting, except after the world was destroyed in a nuclear war. In Fallout 4, you play as either Nate or Nora. Nate is veteran soldier while Nora has a law degree. You're allowed to freely edit both character's names and appearance to your liking. I renamed Nora to Fifi because your robot butler has a very long list of names he can say (voiced) and I really want to hear him say Fifi. The opening takes place before the nuclear war. You mostly explore your lovely house, fill out paperwork for the local fallout shelter known as a Vault while the game tries to get you emotional attached to a baby. After what feels like an eternity, you hear that nuclear war is going down on the television and run to the Vault for safety. A thing you should know about the Vaults is that while a few were made to protect people from nuclear armageddon, most just perform horrific social and/or scientific experiments on their residents. You kind of luck out since the experiment is just cryogenically freezing almost everyone. You get unfrozen once, to see scientists and a bald man named after a cereal company kidnap the baby you're totally emotionally attached to and shoot your (character's) significant other in the head before getting refrozn. Later you're mysteriously unfrozen again and tasked with escaping baby's first dungeon.

After beating baby's first dungeon, your set free into the post-war ruins of Boston and the surrounding areas. Your objective is to find the baby but you can ignore that and mess about if you want. The world is mostly inhabited by scary mutated animals, gaint insects, horrific arachnids, killer robots, killer crabs known as Mirelurkers, Super Mutants, hostile raiders that shoot you on sight, horribly irradiated humans known as Ghouls and Deathclaws. You may come across the occasional friendly farmer or trader but it's rare.

Fallout 4 is a combination of a FPS & RPG. Well, you can put the game into third person but nobody ever uses it in combat. Shooting is technically optional since you can use a variety of melee weapons. I can't really comment on how good the FPS controls are since most recent FPS game I have played is Duke Nukem 3D and I spent 98% of the game using unarmed weapons.

The RPG side of the game comes in earning experience points for killing enemies, passing charisma checks, building stuff and completing quests. Once you earn enough experience points, you level and get to pick a perk or raise a S.P.E.C.I.A.L attribute by 1 point. S.P.E.C.I.A.L has 7 different attributes, strength, perception, endurance, charisma, intelligence, agility and luck. Strength determines your melee and unarmed damage. Perception increases your accuracy in V.A.T.S. Endurance determines your maximum hit points and how long you can sprint. Charisma gives you a higher chance of passing charisma checks. Intelligence determines how many experience points you earn when doing anything (higher intelligence means more experience points). Agility determines how many action points you get for sprinting & V.A.T.S as well as improving your ability to sneak. Luck determines how fast your critical meter fills.

V.A.T.S is the game's "aim assist" feature with some benefits even if you have good aim. V.A.T.S is activated with a button press and will slow down time while you pick your targets. You can select what body part to aim at and your percentage chance to hit will change based on the body part you target. Every shot you land will fill the critical meter; once the critical meter is full you, you have the option to use your critical hit to deal extra or you can save it for later. Every hit you attempt in V.A.T.S will use up action points; if you run out of action points, you need to wait for them to regenerate over time or use an item to refill them. V.A.T.S is benefitcal to melee and unarmed characters too, since you can only do critical hits in V.A.T.S and it makes your attacks unblockable.

As far as gameplay changes are concerned, I enjoy the critical hit system and like how much intelligence was nerfed. In the older games, intelligence determined how many skill points you gained when leveling up. Without skills, intelligence kind of sucks. I miss having skills because you had more too look forward to when leveling up. Most of them are converted into a perk or two anyway, so there not truly gone.

As far as trophy hunting is concerned, you're free to build a character how you want, mostly. One perk is required for a trophy and there are a few that are helpful.

The major new game mechanic in Fallout 4 is settlement building and crafting. Well there was crafting in Fallout 3 & New Vegas but it was easy to ignore. Since the developers didn't feel putting in settlements, you now have to build them yourself. Well, they're are a many settlements but most of them are just a few farmers. The settlement building is pretty cool but it's hard to use the controls sometimes. I can't really manage to build anything better then a rectangle. You're also encouraged to build water purifiers, food, turrets and beds for the settlers that inhabit your settlements but nothing really bad happens if you don't.

Crafting in this game is mostly making modifications to your weapons, armor and power armor. Unfortunately, you need to get so many perks before you can craft anything of actual value; in addition to the materials you need. You earn crafting by collecting items classified as junk. The system is quite enjoyable and I usually hate crafting in games. I was more excited when I found a small pile of coffee cups then I finding good equipment.

Power armor feels pretty cool to wear. The HUD changes and you feel like a tank. It a lot better then older games, since power armor felt the same as any other armor but it had better stats. Power armor has a few downsides like taking fusion cores that drain over time to work, being the only equipment that breaks and being unable to use unarmed weapons while in power armor. That last one was the deal breaker and I only used power armor twice for that reason.

The plot in this game was very forgettable. I remember looking for the baby, working with 4 different factions, 3 of them hate eachother for reasons and two of them get wiped out depending on which you side with. I'll start with the first faction you met, the Minute Men. There the smallest one when you first meet them. It's only one guy who gives you limitless radiant quests, a drug addit and three people who don't matter. The Minute Men are the faction that wants you to build up settlements and the only one you can't get to hate you. The other more important factions pretty much ignore them.

The second faction is the Brotherhood of Steel. They're the OG faction that either hoards or destroys advanced technology because well, it caused the whole nuclear armageddon thing. They stroll up in their gaint airship after the first act and they're there to kill Super Muntants and Synths. Synths are androids made by a shadowy organisation known as the Institute. Most look like robots while there are some that are indistinguishable from humans. Occasionally the institute replaces people with Synths for reasons. 

The Railroad is that one faction that is trying to free Synths from the Institute because the Institute uses them as slave labor. They're a secret unground organisation thats more about espionage then pure firepower. You unlock the ballistic weave armor modification and get a rifle that makes train noises when you reload it if you side with them.

The Institute is the final base game faction. They are described as the evil faction before you meet them. Honestly, they're just a bunch of scientists that enjoy science, I guess. I honestly don't really know why they do bad things. Their base is clean, has plenty of coffee cups and that one bathroom luxury you can't live without, fluffy towels. (^-^)

Alright, I didn't enjoy the story or the quests too much. Mosts quests were just go to a location, recover a item or kill a boss and report back to the quest giver. I can remember only a few quests that were a little different then that, if I thought about it for a while. Charisma checks don't really help. Passing most of them just gets you more money. There are a few that are helpful but they're few and far between. I think my favorite quest was the one where you build a Vault. I remember the Overseer wanted me to preform horrific experiments to increase productivity in the vault while I just choose the experiments that were good and non-horrific. I ruined her dreams so bad that she rage quit, stormed out of the Vault and got brutally torn appart by Mirelurks, I assume.

I did like some of the characters. I liked the radio DJ with more anxiety then I have. He was quite funny to listen to on the radio and wonder about why he still has his job. There was that DJ for the raider radio station. He was entertaining to listen to and the music, was, interesting. There was one girl who likes Nuka-Cola a little too much, returning from Fallout 3. She gave me an annoying "find the hidden collectables" quest that I never completed because one doesn't get a trophy for completing it. Oh, I almost forgot about Cito. He was a nice lad who was raise by Ghoul-rillas. I helped him kill a bunch of Gatorclaws that were giving his family trouble.

Fallout 4 has a lot of DLC packs. There a couple that add pretty rad items to build your settlements. There is that one DLC where a girl accidentally unleaded a legion of killer robots because she was bad at programming. There is the one where you build a Vault. There are two major DLC packs that feel like proper expansions. Far Harbor is the first one I'm going to talk about. It's like a better mini Fallout 4. There are three factions but not trying to live on a island. You show up trying find a missing girl who think she's a Synth. You dock in a small port town called Far Harbor. Basically, there is this dangerous fog all over the island and the citizens in the town are all barely hanging on. You eventually find her in a nice peaceful Synth refuge ran by Synths called Acadia. Their leader is nice and wants everyone to get along. The girl you were sent to find thinks he's a bit shady, so you eventually have to recover his forgotten memories. He left them in a nuclear submarine that the Children of Atom own. The Children of Atom are religious organisation that believe exposing yourself to nuclear radiation is good. After you join their cul- religion, you get to play a not very puzzle game to recover the missing memories. After that, you're free to decide who you want to live and who needs to die. 

I really liked the environment of Far Harbor. I felt it was a lot more hilly then the base game. A lot of the new creatures added are aquatic based. To my displeasure, it also featured a lot of Mirelurks. I don't like Mirelurkers because they're very tanky and are very awkward to fight in unarmed combat. They're babies are annoying to kill too. They're crab like appearance also creeps me out. I really like the Hermit Crab Hermit creature; it's shell was the back of a truck. I found it kinda cute. I guess it's the one crab based monstrosity I like.

The other DLC is Nuka-World. It's a DLC were you travel to a Nuka-Cola themed amusement park and become boss of a few raider gangs. First you run through a gantlet of death before you fight their boss. Their boss wears a suit of unbelievably strong power armor, that I was only able to damage with critical hits. He is definitely using hacks, since he gets to use a unarmed weapon in power armor. After you beat the cheater, you get to be the boss of 3 raider gangs. There are the Operators, they like the money. The Disciples enjoy killing and torture. The Pack likes animals and I refuse to elaborate any further. After meeting all the gangs, your next task is to claim all the other areas of Nuka-World.

Nuka-World is split into 6 themed areas with some other locations in the outskirts. You have to reclaim 5 of them and each of them have their own "unique" quest. The space area has collecting items to pacify the robots around the area. There are a total of 35 items but you only need 20 to complete the area. The western area has you do a few wild west activities before you exterminate the new worm monsters that plague the area. The area for children has a fun house that made me sick. You're also being stalked by a charismatic Ghoul magician the whole time. There is the zoo area, where you exterminate Gatorclaws with Cito. The last area is terribly lazy, all you do is go through a Nuka-Cola factory and kill Nukalurks; Nukalurks are a pallet swap of Mirelurks. After you're done assigning the gangs their new territory, you get another task.

Nuka-World gives you the ability to have raider settlements. You're required to go through the tutorial for the main Nuka-World quest. This is were the DLC gets terrible. For some reason, the game requires you to travel between the Nuka-World map and the base game a lot. You can't directly fast travel to any location on the other map but there is a fast travel point that takes you to the other map; you basically need to fast travel twice to reach the location you want. After setting up 3 bases, the gang you gave the least territory to gets butt hurt and you kill them.

Nuka-World is the most annoying DLC to get all the trophies from. There are multiple trophies are a pain but the one requiring you to redeem 100,000 Nukacade tickets is the worst by a country mile. They're found in small amounts around park but you earn most of by playing the arcade games. Most of the games are borderline impossible to play the intended way. The shooting gallery is the only one that works well and pays out a decent number of tickets. Instead of playing the shooting gallery 100+ times, I did something clever that heard about in a forum post. You're allowed to build the arcade games in settlements and you can build conveyer belts. I built a device with conveyer belts that automatically played the basketball arcade game well enough to earn a decent number of tickets; then I built 5 more of them. It took me an afternoon to get the idea to work and to have my wonderful machines grind 100,000 tickets for me. The noise pollution of the process was a nightmare to listen to.

I've covered almost everything I wanted to talk about. Well, I didn't know where to fit my thoughts on the playable character having a voice in this game. It's alright. Sometimes the lines were funny and well delivered, while sometimes it was a bit awkward. I really like how when you initiated conversation while under the effects of a alcoholic beverage, your character sounded drunk and it made me chuckle. In the end game, I walked up Super Muntant Suiciders and let them explode in my face because I was so tanky, they could barely damage me. Okay, that's everything.

The full game list is still in the spoiler tag. 

Spoiler

198X (PS4)
A Rose in the Twilight (Vita)
Broforce (PS4)

Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online (PS4)
Double Dragon Neon (PS3)
Everybody's Golf (PS4)
Fallout 4 (PS4)
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (PS4) 
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary (Vita)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (PS4)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (Vita)

Infinifactory (PS4)
Just Cause 3 (PS4)
Jet Set Radio (Vita)
King's Quest: The Complete Collection (PS4)

L.A. Noire (PS4)
Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4)
Ninja Pizza Girl (PS4)
Nekopara Vol. 3 (PS4)

Oddworld New 'n Tasty (PS4) 
Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4) 
Psychonauts (PS4) 
Quest of Dungeons (PS4)
Quantum Conundrum (PS3)
Riddled Corpses EX (Vita)
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (PS3) 
Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls (Vita)
Spyro the Dragon (PS4)  
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (PS4) 
Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (PS4)

Trinity Universe (PS3) 
Touhou Genso Rondo (PS4) 
Touhou: Scarlet Curiosity (PS4)
Uncanny Valley (PS4)
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4) 
WILL: A Wonderful World (PS4)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition (PS4)
Xeodrifter (PS4) 
Yomawari: Night Alone (Vita) 
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (Vita)
Zone of the Enders HD Edition (PS3) 

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner HD Edition (PS3)   
+ Persona 3 FES but it doesn't really count since it doesn't have a trophy list.

• Like 4

Update 2: The Outer Worlds

lwwqUZA.jpg

Geez! Is it already April?  I am way behind.  I finished the Outer Worlds as my second game of the event.  The Outer worlds is one of those games that looks great, plays great, has interesting story beats and for some reason I still didn't really end up liking it as much as I should. Maybe it was the multitude (being dramatic here there are 2) playthroughs that are required to complete the trophy list.  Maybe its that many of the combat trophies require you to go out of your way for quite a long time to acquire, maybe its just that I was largely uninterested in the linear design of the quests.  For whatever reason, this game just didn't do it for me.  

Overall still  not a bad game though, and if you like Fallout, I still think I'd recommend it to you, especially if you are still reeling from the 76 debacle. 

Anyway letter O is put away. 

~TC 

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

• Like 3

Lbe4ea3.png

F (1 of 1 completed) - Fe

I would think F is for frustration or failure but what do I know? Initially I chose this game because I thought it looked nice and it does. You play as a creature that frees animals from being captured by what I thought were aliens at first. Once you free them, if they're the leader in their pack, you get their power. Otherwise you get abilities from collecting crystals scattered about in the world. 

The game is pretty simple with its controls. You move around, jump, and roar/cry. Glide and climb are unlocked later. Now the game is annoying in that it doesn't tell you anything but it shows you instead. You kind of have to figure out what to do, which isn't bad, but it can get you lost if you're not attentive. The story isn't much either as it's really just saving the forest.

However, the worst part has to be collecting crystals post game. A few are in hard to reach places that you have to stray a bit far to figure out how to get there and some require use of each ability gotten to that point. Honestly though, my biggest annoyance is the way it doesn't show the crystals on the map and instead gives you an ability where you have to stay in place approximately in the area where the crystal could be and look around in a zoomed camera just to get a glimpse of where a crystal is. At least the world map tells you what areas have all their crystals collected and what areas don't right? Yeah about that. I wasted an hour running around because a last crystal was needed in one area and then I reloaded the game because I just couldn't find it. Turns out I had everything collected there and it was in another area that had said I had completely covered before. The crystal counter is glitched which a reload may fix. But why isn't the location just a thing here in the first place? It's reminiscent of the inFamous blast shards where all you had was a radar to get an idea of where things were. At least it wasn't too many to collect in Fe. 

I wouldn't recommend this even if it is kind of short. If you want a game where you're a creature running around to save the forest with good visuals and a soundtrack, play Seasons after Fall instead. 

Oh and the best part is, after you collect every crystal you gain the ability to fly. Sure thanks for making travel easier after I've done everything and completely finished the game to the point where I won't get to use this ability. Maybe I'll use it to fly away from this forest.

• Like 4

So this is my first update, I started this late because I wanted to finish some games before I do that, so I finished Detroit, Division 2, Soul Calibur 5, that weren't on my list. 

After that it was time to start this event, starting with A, because well.. it's the first one. I finished A Plague's Tale, really liked the game, good story, a little bit too much for me at the end, but really enjoyable game, recommended. The plat wasn't hard, followed a guide for the collectibles tho.

After that I went to Skyrim, never played it eventho is in almost every console. I started played DnD a few years back, and since the problem with the virus right now we had to stop, this game was a good reminder of the fantasy world. really liked it, a little buggy (or a lot) but a fun game, platinum, but I'm maybe to lazy to do the dlcs becuase of a lvl based trophy, it's just such a grind. Maybe I'll be back to it. 

After that I finished Sims 4, because well, 2 hour plat, never played a sims game before, probably wouldn't do it again. wasn't even on my list. so it doesn't matter.

Right now I'm playing Hellblade and really enjoying it, a little weird at first, but it's starting to get my attention, love the combat. Also seems like an easy plat, following a guide for the collectibles because no chapter select (hate that) and I think that's it, planning on finish it tomorrow. EDIT. finish it today, It was only a chapter more to finish it, made the end harder than it is. Recommended 

Anyway I'm going at my rythm, not really trying to win this, just incentive for me to play a little more, Animal Crossing is not helping tho.

Will update later, maybe 2 or 3 games after. 

Good luck! 

Edited by piualan90
Finish a game.
  • Like 2

#1979 black friday
A- Assassin's creed 2
B- Bully
C- Cat quest 2 DONE
D- Dead space 2 (GER) DONE
E- The elder scrolls V: skyrim vr DONE
F- Final fantasy 8 DONE
G- God of war (ps3)
H- Harry potter & the half blood prince DONE
I- Illusion of L'Phalcia DONE
J- Jurassic the hunted
K- Kingdoms of amalur reckoning
L- Lord of the rings: Aragorn's quest
M- Mass effect 2
N- Need for speed: Rivals
O- Obduction
P- Paranormal activity: The lost soul
Q- Quest of dungeons
R- Reverie DONE
S- Saw
T- Tales from the borderlands DONE
U- Uncharted: The lost legacy
V- Vampyr
W- Wanted: Weapons of fate
X- X-blades
Y- Yesterday origins
Z- Zerotopian invasion DONE

9/27 Completed

Completed cat quest 2 for my 9th game done now. I'm officially 1/3 of the way there now. I'm about 50% done with need for speed Rivals, I keep chipping away at a few races periodically. 

• Like 3

OK, I've finally finished a second game (I think I'm way behind schedule here...) as I have finished the platinum for Medievil and made a little bit of progress on Baldur's Gate, Persona 4 Golden, and Zombie Tycoon II.  Considering that I missed almost a month with no gaming, I guess it could be worse but we'll see if I can make a bit more progress this month.

A-Z Game Status

Spoiler
A - Atelier Totori Plus
B - Baldur's Gate   (25%)
C - Catherine
D - Dragon's Crown
E - (The) Evil Within
F - Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion
G - Gravity Rush Remastered
H - Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
I - Infamous First Light
J - Journey
K - Killer Is Dead
L - Lost Sea
M - MediEvil :platinum:  ( 13 Apr 20  1f4af.png )
N - Nioh
O - Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
P - Persona 4 Golden  (14%)
Q - Queen's Quest 3 :platinum:  ( 2 Jan 20  1f4af.png )
R - Record of Agarest War
S - Salt & Sanctuary
T - Torment: Tides of Numenara
U - Unmechanical Extended
V - Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
W - Wasteland 2
X - Xeodrifter
Y - Yomawari: Midnight Shadows
Z - Zombie Tycoon II  (25%)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, FairyCal said:

@ArtikSkarab, I've noticed that my list wasn't updated last time - I've completed NG (spirit hunter: NG), and it wasn't checked. Also at main page there should be 13, not 11, games completed - N and X too

Fixed it. For the X game though, I had noted that you still needed to complete Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight to complete the letter; is that incorrect?

I should be getting back to my list this week. First, I need to take a little break because I've been working on Persona 5 for a whole month, which isn't included in the list. Since last year, it's been put aside for my 100th plat, and now I can do it. It took me 8 months to plat 10 games. I really wish I can finish games faster though. All those JRPGs take time though.

• Like 4

#1979 black friday
A- Assassin's creed 2 DONE
B- Bully
C- Cat quest 2 DONE
D- Dead space 2 (GER) DONE
E- The elder scrolls V: skyrim vr DONE
F- Final fantasy 8 DONE
G- God of war (ps3)
H- Harry potter & the half blood prince DONE
I- Illusion of L'Phalcia DONE
J- Jurassic the hunted