ABC of Unstarted Games 2020 (Sign-Ups Closed)

Knocked another one of the list this morning with Bully. Great ps2 classic that is basically a gta lite. Takes around 20-25 hours, someone's managed to do it in 6 which blows my mind.

#1979 black friday DONE
A- Assassin's creed 2 DONE
B- Bully DONE
C- Cat quest 2 DONE
D- Dead space 2 (GER) DONE
E- The elder scrolls V: skyrim vr DONE
F- Final fantasy 8 DONE
G- God of war (ps3)
H- Harry potter & the half blood prince DONE
I- Illusion of L'Phalcia DONE
J- Jurassic the hunted DONE
K- Kingdoms of amalur reckoning
L- Lord of the rings: Aragorn's quest
M- Mass effect 2 DONE
N- Need for speed: Rivals DONE
O- Obduction
P- Paranormal activity: The lost soul
Q- Quest of dungeons
R- Reverie DONE
S- Saw DONE
T- Tales from the borderlands DONE
U- Uncharted: The lost legacy
V- Vampyr
W- Wanted: Weapons of fate
X- X-blades
Y- Yesterday origins
Z- Zerotopian invasion DONE

16/27 Completed

• Like 4

Ye Olde RPG!

Knights of Pen and Paper +1

1La9324b.png

Welp, turns out I completed something else. I wasn't expecting this to be as short as it was, but it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be. This game is an 80's style RPG: build your party, level them up with their simple abilities and gear and do quests and monster slaying. It's not what I would call a deep game and I consider that a positive. The biggest mechanic in the game is the notion of Threat and that's laid out in your stat screen. If you don't mind a really simple combat system, 2 playthroughs (1 being, weirdly enough, a speedrun) and a good amount of grinding, it's a good enough game to play. If you're unsure, I know the second game is available as a free-to-start phone game.

Total up to 16/27. Next game is, once again, Enslaved.

4 hours ago, iXanon said:

Thank you to those who reached out and sent me a PM. Things are slowly settling again, and my new "normal" is taking shape..

Those who haven't.. I'm going through marriage separation.

I'm honestly in two minds whether or not to continue participating in my own event. My current thinking is that I'll try and finish what I've started when I have a bit of time (I've been working two jobs since lockdown), and see how things go..

Good luck to you Xanon. As far as the event is concerned, feel free to put it on the backburner; it's not a priority. I can try to take care in the meantime, but I'm definitively not an event runner (I'm always a support person). The people that are still taking part in the event are mostly just popping in here to put in their completions and then move on so the only really big things that are left to manage are the spreadsheets, that me and Kristycism are taking care of, and the badges, which can wait. So, overall, do whatever you need to do for yourself first and foremost and after that, if you want to come back in, we'll be here for you.

• Like 4

And Rune Factory Ocean is also done. So its 2 Games left, but I will take a bit Time with them.

A A Plague's Tale: Innocence PS4 100%
B Beyond Two Souls PS4 0%
C Code Vein PS4 100%
D Disgaea 5 PS4 100%
E Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4 0%
F Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4 100%
G God Eater Resurrection PS4 / Vita 21%
H Horizon Zero Dawn PS4 100%
I Infamous PS3 100%
J Jurassic Park PS3 100%
K Kingdom Hearts PS4 100%
L Lost Dimension VITA 100%
M Marvels Spider-Man PS4 100%
N Nier Automata PS4 100%
O One Piece: Burning Blood VITA 100%
P Persona 5 PS4 100%
Q Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past PS4 100%
R Rune Factory: Ocean PS3 100%
S Steins;Gate Elite PS4 100%
T Tales of Berseria PS4 100%
U Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Remastered PS4 100%
V Valkyrie Chronicle PS4 100%
W World of Final Fantasy PS4/VITA 100%
X XBlaze Code: Embryo  VITA 100%
Y Yakuza 0 PS4 100%
Z Zero Escape: The Nonary Games  VITA 100%

• Like 4

So. as pretty unlucky fellow, today (well, actually yesterday), just by lifting one light thing I've broken caphoid bone in my left wrist (my doctor said that my hands are slim even for a female). Since there is no chance that I'll start anything in a near future (I'm happy that I've just finished everything I've played, except for Batman), I'm on hold with this event and I hope that my hand will heal properly ?

• Like 4

Fast update: I am still working on SAO RE: Hollow Fragment for this event and hope to get it done soon. My playtime is already near 150h. Most of the implements are done, Hollow Area story is cleared and I arrived at Floor 97 of Aincrad today. 

I got the strong feeling that I should have chosen the Vita version. 

This game is not really hard, it is just full of grinds. 

• Like 3

not updated for a while, I guess that’s the problem when you have to pre-select your games in advance as I’ve been playing plenty of others not on the list. 

currently playing Spider-Man though now 

Abzu - Complete
Back to the Future The Video Game
Carnival Games VR
Dead to Rights Retribution - Complete
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Far Cry 3
Ghostbusters The Videogame
Horizon Zero Dawn
Infamous Second Son - Complete
Judgement
Killzone HD
Life is Strange - Before the Storm - Complete
MX vs ATV Supercross Encore
Nights into Dreams
Onrush
Planet of the Apes - The last frontier
Quantum Conundrum
Rage 2
Spider-Man
Terminator Salvation - Completed 
Uncharted Drakes Fortune
Vampyr
We Happy Few
X Blades
Yooka Laylee
Zombie Driver HD

• Like 3

L8cb1c4.png

K (1 of 1 completed) - Killzone

So I finally completed this one. I kinda have a love/hate thing for it though upon completing it.

The good? I particularly enjoyed the typical action plot that comes with games like this. While the characters were kinda the usual tropes from military games they didn't take away from the experience. Weapons were pretty cool and gameplay was done well for its time (minus the pressing and holding L3 to sprint thing along with a stamina system for it.)

Teammates were more helpful than standard bot AIs in this one. The environments were my favorite part however, as they varied extremely from snow, space, desert, jungle, military bases, swamps. It felt like a mini star wars experience to me.

The bad/unenjoyable part? I had frequent occurrences of being kicked out of playing this on PS Now to the point I was mad at the game for that. I had also played the following games in the series before this original one, which made the clunky parts that much more noticeable to me. Four playthroughs (though not complete) made this drag a bit more than it should have. Honestly though my biggest gripe is the old style checkpoint system where you kinda lose enough noticeable progress if you die. It was demotivating at times. The AI was off at times too in that I shot the enemies and they were still spinning around looking for me. But on the other hand some spawn points were unfair in that the ai had a lock on you with missiles which needed careful planning around to avoid dying.

Overall it's fine missing out on this experience, especially since it's the only one with an obtainable platinum in the whole trilogy now.

• Like 3

July Update:

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  Q+ R  S  T  U  V  W  X  X+  Y  Z  Z+

Erica

Start: 08.07.2020 | Finish: 12.07.2020

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Start: 15.07.2020 | Finish: 24.07.2020

Since there are no other games left that will let me play with broken wrist, there is big chance that's it for me for now... 

Edited by FairyCal
  • Like 4

It's the end of the month, I just finished the last platinum for July (since I'm gonna play Carrion on my Switch next, hype for that), and I'm really excited for this one. This event's really coming along well now, and we're well beyond the halfway point. Plus, I got some games I was really kind of dreading when I put them on the list out of the way, so I'm super happy about that. Updated chart under the cut!

p2gtinF.png

F is For Honor (I've been waiting seven months to make that joke) was... well, I'm just going to say, I better get that fucking "hard work" achievement at the end of this, lmao. This game was nuts. For the 100% which is required for this event you have to get a Wu Lin hero to reputation 7, which took fucking FOREVER, pretty much my whole gametime in getting 20 wins with each of the types of matches. I'm glad Jiang Jung was somewhat fun to play, because I got quite familiar with him by the end of it. Also, for those of you unaware, this game's trophies take real world time to do. You have to compete in 50 "battles," each of which takes 11 real world hours to pass before the next one happens. Plus there's campaigns, which are a couple weeks each, and then you have to take part in two "seasons" which can be months apart. I'm glad I started in March, since any later and I don't know if this would have been possible this year. I'm glad I got it done though. When this went on PS+ it seemed like one of those things that would be forever out of reach, but I did it, and that's fucking awesome. Even if I complete 0 other games from this event, I'll at least be happy I got this one.

U is for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered was also really good! I see why people consider it the best of the trilogy, since I've now played 1, 2, and 3 and this one has been the best so far. It was a lot of fun, even on Crushing, which is interesting since the last game really was not. Brutal was stupid as usual, but at least the game itself was still good. Even the speedruns weren't too bad! I managed to beat it with a half hour to spare, which I don't think is too bad all things considered. Overall glad I finally did this, I can now officially say I've played all of the original Uncharted trilogy, and eventually I'll get to go back and do 3 for real! Glad this event motivated me to finally get on this.

The Vita Backup that is Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 wasn't too bad! I'm really not one for JRPGs, so when a friend recommended this to me I put it on the list to make myself finally play it, and it was fine. The story and characters were super cute and funny, which I always enjoy, even if the gameplay was a little subpar. The grind at the end for 100 million credits was SUPER stupid and I hope the sequels don't have those problems, but I'm glad I played it all the same. And hey, now if I somehow don't complete one of the others on the list this'll be there to make up for it! Hopefully that won't be the case though, we'll see.

Hoping to get a bunch knocked out in August since I'm doing another event where I'll be earning points for a team that month. We'll see where it goes, as usual. I'm just really happy with my progress this month and I hope everyone else has done well too!

• Like 4

Update:

A: Alice: Madness Returns

B: Batman Arkham Asylum

C: Costume Quest 2

D; Datura

E: Enigmatis 3 (PS4)

F: Fallout 3

G: Green Lantern

H: Heavy Fire: Afghanistan

I: I am Alive

J: Jettomero (PS4)

K: Knack II (PS4)

L: Lost Dimension

M: Metro Redux Last Light (PS4)

N: Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones

O: Of Orcs and Men

P: Prince of Persia

Q: Queen's Quest 3

R: Remember Me

S: Sly Cooper 2

T: Tekken Tag Tournament 2

U: Unholy Heights (PS4)

V: Virginia (PS4)

W: World to the West (PS4)

X: XBlaze Lost Memories

Y: Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles (PS4)

Z: Zone of the Enders

Backups: 

Spider-Man: Edge of Time

Ratchet and Clank 3

Deadly Premonition

Haven't updated my finished games in awhile. I just finished Nightmares from the Deep 3. Now, I'm up to 9/26 done.

• Like 3

Pretty good month

The grind in Death Stranding wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

Child of Light was as lovely as I remembered

Tales from the Borderlands was easy like any other Teltale game but fun as well.

I've beaten the normal levels of King Oddball but still have to do most of the special levels

I also started Overcooked which is pretty fun

Completed Letters: A, C, DE, J, G, L, P, R, TU, V, X, Z

• Like 3

More 5 games done, 13 to go.

D - Destroy All Humans! :platinum:

F - Far Cry Primal :platinum:

I - Infamous: Festival of Blood ?

V - (The) Vanishing of Ethan Carter ?

Z  - Zombie Driver HD :platinum:

Complete list:

Spoiler

A - Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry ?
B - Batman: The Enemy Within
:platinum:
C - Child of Light [PS3]
D - Destroy All Humans! :platinum:
E - Erica
F - Far Cry Primal :platinum:
G - Gravity Rush Remastered :platinum:
H - Horizon Chase Turbo
I - Infamous: Festival of Blood ?
J - Journey (PS3)
K - Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep
L - Life Is Strange 2 :platinum:
M - Mafia III
N - Nihilumbra
O - OnRush
P - Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones
Q - Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut
R - Ratchet & Clank :platinum:
S - Submersed :platinum:
T - Type: Rider [PSVita] 
?

U - Until Dawn
V - (The) Vanishing of Ethan Carter ?
W - (The) Wolf Among Us :platinum:
X - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [SWAP]
Y - YS Origins
Z  - Zombie Driver HD :platinum:

Backup Game #1: Flow (PSVita)

Backup Game #2: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Backup Game #3: The Witness

• Like 4

''Stop monkeyin' around!''

L0249eb.png

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West + DLC

I have conflicting feelings about this game. It has some good points about it, but it's mostly average.

On the gameplay front, it's an action/hack-and-slash game in a post-apocalyptic Earth. You have some basic melee combos and limited ranged ammunition, but' it's not that fluid. The platforming controls are okay with the only saving grace being that you can't throw yourself into oblivion. The game engine doesn't run that well; the game stutters often, especially during cutscenes. Overall, I would put this game as an inferior God of War.

On the story/aesthetic side, which is more important to me, I really liked this project. The main character, Monkey, has a really good rapport with Trip, his 'master'. They feel like actual characters that can have multiple emotional arcs to go through and I really grew attached to them... for two thirds of the game. The last third is a little bit wobbly and has a weird ending, but I still enjoyed my experience through. Aesthetically, this game is gorgeous with a lot of greenery, which is uncommon in apocalypse games from back then, but it hasn't aged well.

As far as the Plat goes, the main game is decently short (14 stages, so about 8-10 hours), but needs to be done on Hard, which starts roughly, but ends up being okay. The biggest barrier is the fact that you need to collect every single red orb (Upgrade currency) in the game and there is a total of 1600 of them. So, expect to explore every single corner of the maps to find them.

Overall, it's an interesting game, but not a recommendation from me. I would suggest watching the cutscenes and enjoying the dialogue only.

That puts me at 17/27. 10 games left in 5 months. The spreadsheet has been updated on the 1st, but I might be a bit slower on updating it, since Kristy isn't available  to give me a hand updating it. I should be okay, since there aren't as many people taking part in this event anymore, but feel free to message/ping me if there's any mistake.

• Like 4

Hello all, hope you are all feeling well and are making some progress in this and/or other events.

New update from me: Finished..

Sword Art Online: Re Hollow Fragment [PS4]

.. finally after 236 hours in the making.. maybe some AFK hours are included. Also this is my rarest platinum with 1.62% atm.

I like this game very much and took a slower pace at the beginning to acclimatise with the gameplay of it.

Also I needed a lot of research because not everything in the PS4 version is the same as in the VITA version.

What also caused some problems is that the "newer translation" the PS4 version was shipped with had most of the location and skill names changed.   

11,5 more game need to be completed, backups not included (Ys VIII is 0,5 because I only need one complete playthrough on an higher difficulty). 

Letters: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z B1 B2 B3

Spoiler

A Assassin's Creed Origins [PS4] 100% AVG : 6.92% [LINK]

B BACK TO THE FUTURE [PS3] [DISC] 100% AVG: 50.72% [LINK]

C Concrete Genie [PS4] 100% AVG: 12.59% [LINK==> ▶️ 04.03.2020 ? 05.03.2020

D Day of the Tentacle Remastered [Vita] 100% AVG: 38.17% [LINK==> ▶️ 07.02.2020 ? 07.02.2020

E Everybody's Gone To The Rapture [PS4] 100% AVG: 17.84% [LINK

F FINAL FANTASY VII [PS4] 100% AVG: 24.16% [LINK] ==> ▶️ 01.01.2020 ? 13.02.2020

G GAME OF THRONES [PS3] [EU] 100% AVG: 10.52% [LINK]

H HELLBLADE SENUA'S SACRIFICE [PS4] [EU] 100% AVG: 40.4% [LINK==> ▶️ 17.04.2020 ? 18.04.2020

I I Am Alive [PS3] 100% AVG: 5.21% [LINK]

J Journey [PS3] 100% AVG: 16.05% [LINK==> ▶️ 07.03.2020 ? 08.03.2020

K KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX [PS4] 100% AVG: 12.87% [LINK]

L LEGO Legend of Chima [Vita] 100% AVG: 49.44% [LINK==> ▶️ 24.03.2020 ? 27.03.2020

M Moss [PS4] [EU] 100% AVG: 6.25%

N Never Alone [PS4] [EU] 100% AVG: 7.05% [LINK==> ▶️ 28.02.2020 ? 28.02.2020

O Onrush [PS4] 100% AVG: 9.82% [LINK==> ▶️ 20.04.2020 ? 25.04.2020

P Puzzle Agent (Nelson Tethers:) [PS3] 100% AVG: 38.77% [LINK==> ▶️ 11.01.2020 ? 11.01.2020

Q Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut [PS3] 100% AVG: 13.28% [LINK] ==> ▶️ 02.01.2020 ? 02.01.2020

R Risen 3: Titan Lords [PS3] 100% AVG: 8.25% [LINK]

S Sword Art Online: Re Hollow Fragment [PS4] 100% AVG: 1.57% [LINK==> ▶️ 25.05.2020 ? 05.08.2020

T The Council [PS4] 100% AVG: 31.51% [LINK]

U Until Dawn [PS4] 100% AVG: 18.67% [LINK]

V Valiant Hearts: The Great War [PS4] 100% AVG: 11.04% [LINK==> ▶️ 06.03.2020 ? 06.03.2020

W World of Final Fantasy [PS4] 100% AVG: 10.85% [LINK]

X Xeodrifter [Vita] [EU] 100% AVG: 10.85% [LINK==> ▶️ 08.02.2020 ? 08.02.2020

Y Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA [PS4] [EU] 100% AVG: 17.7% [LINK==> ▶️ 08.03.2020

Z Zone of the Enders HD Edition [PS3] 100% AVG: 11.32%  [LINK]

Backup:

A Atomic Ninjas [PS3] 100% AVG: 8.61%

M Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 [PS4] 100% AVG: 21.07%

W Windstorm [PS4] 100% AVG: 55.87%

Edited by Geridian
  • Like 3

Update #4 (I probably should have done these more often than bimonthly)

Fallout 4: I played the base game on PC when it came out but this was my first experience with any of the DLC. It's still a fun game, better than Fallout 3 in a number of ways. The overall plot doesn't really hold up, IMHO, but I don't have very high expectations on that front when it comes to Bethesda. As with Skyrim, it ran much better on PS4 than I would have thought (though I did have a lot of crashes during the last DLC).

Infamous Second Son: So now I have the most common platinum on the PS4. This was fun and really straight forward. There were a lot fewer collectibles than this type of game usually has, though. Living in Seattle, it was a little strange to see their very loose interpretation of the city, though. I'm not sure why they didn't call it something else.

Judge Eyes (Judgment): It had been two years since I last played a Yakuza game, so it was nice to get back to the series. Not all of the new additions hit but this was overall one of the better entries and I really liked the plot.

Nier Automata: Really stylish fun game like I imagine most everyone already knows. I wish it hadn't been 9 years since I played the first Nier game as I bet I would have appreciated the references more. 

Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni: I knew this was a fan service heavy game going in, but... geez, I felt kind of dirty playing this at times. I also ended up more upset with the main character's anime logic actions at the end of the story than I really should have. The game also had what was probably the most offensively grindy trophy I've ever encountered. Gameplay-wise, it was serviceable.

Ys: Memories of Celceta: This was great. I was worried going in that this was going to be like one of the dev's Trails games where you have to bend over backwards not to screw yourself with missable trophies, but it wasn't like that at all. My only complaint would be that I'm not sure why the game had a fixed camera.

Completed Letters: A, B, C, D, E, F, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, PQ, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y

With only 3 games left to go (Greedfall, Oreshika, Zanki Zero), I guess I'm on the home stretch. I decided I wanted to play the Greedfall dev's previous game The Technomancer before starting it, though, so I guess things will take a little longer than I'd thought.

• Like 3

Game 18/27 done with God of war ps3. Great game that's still as good as it was 15 years ago when I first played it. 1/3 of the year left and 1/3 of my games to go, almost seems like I know what I'm doing. 

#1979 black friday DONE
A- Assassin's creed 2 DONE
B- Bully DONE
C- Cat quest 2 DONE
D- Dead space 2 (GER) DONE
E- The elder scrolls V: skyrim vr DONE
F- Final fantasy 8 DONE
G- God of war (ps3) DONE
H- Harry potter & the half blood prince DONE
I- Illusion of L'Phalcia DONE
J- Jurassic the hunted DONE
K- Kingdoms of amalur reckoning
L- Lord of the rings: Aragorn's quest DONE
M- Mass effect 2 DONE
N- Need for speed: Rivals DONE
O- Obduction
P- Paranormal activity: The lost soul
Q- Quest of dungeons
R- Reverie DONE
S- Saw DONE
T- Tales from the borderlands DONE
U- Uncharted: The lost legacy
V- Vampyr
W- Wanted: Weapons of fate
X- X-blades
Y- Yesterday origins
Z- Zerotopian invasion DONE

18/27 Completed

Edited by Redbeard-Rik
Words
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I updated, so here I am!

I recently transitioned to working full time, so that has put paid to a lot of of my gaming hours. At this stage I probably won't finish the event, but I think the important part is that it's allowed me to knock off a lot of games from the backlog that I probably wouldn't have prioritised otherwise, as well as help me on my way to my goal of having a platinum for every letter of the alphabet haha. Nonetheless I have been chipping away at AC Odyssey for a few hours every night, managing to bring my percentage up from 5% when I last updated to 71%. I have the platinum, and I'm just finishing off the several DLC packs. I just read recently that a lot of people disliked it, which was surprising, as I have been loving it. Kassandra is such a strong and fantastic protagonist she definitely tops out as one of my favourites. (I'm also very easy to please, which could be a factor). Other than that I have decided to swap Cyberpunk for Claire, which was nominated as a swap in my first post. Hearing a little while ago that Cyberpunk was delayed again sort of set that in motion. I ended up starting Claire and I'm nearly finished with it. I will 100% be playing Cyberpunk as soon as it comes out, but I'd rather not have to rush it to finish it before the end of the year (as it seems like it'll be a pretty big game). 

That's me for now! Hope everyone is doing well :)

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey PS4 - > 71%
Batman (Telltale) PS4 - 0%
Claire PSVITA - > 90%
Deus Ex: Human Revolution PS3 - 0%
Erica PS4 - 100% :platinum:
Fallout 3 PS3 - 0%
Guardians of the Galaxy PS4 - 100% :platinum:
How to Train Your Dragon PS3 - 100% :platinum:

Infamous PS3 - >67%
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy PS4 - 0%
Kingdom Hearts PS4 - 0%
Late Shift PS4 - 100% :platinum:
Minecraft: Story Mode PS4 - 100% :platinum:
NieR Automata PS4 - 0%
Oxenfree PS4 - 100% :platinum:
Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight PS4 - 0%
Q.U.B.E 2 PS4 - 0%
Republique PS4 - 0%
Stranded Sails: Explorers of the Cursed Islands PS4 -  100% :platinum:
Trüberbrook PS4 - 0%

Unravel PS4 - 100% :platinum:
Vampyr PS4 - 0%
Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler PS3 - 0%
XCOM 2 PS4 - 0%
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles PS4 - 0%

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games VITA - 100% :platinum:

• Like 4

One more down

# - 198x (PS4)

A - American Ninja Warrior Challenge (PS4) :platinum:

B - Broken Age (Vita physical) :platinum:

C - Captain America: Super Soldier (PS3) :platinum:

D - Detroit: Become Human (PS4) :platinum:

E - The Evil Within 2 (PS4) :platinum:

F - Far Cry 3 Classic Edition (PS4) :platinum:

G - Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered (PS4)

H - Hasbro Family Game Night 4 (PS3) :platinum:

I - Ice Age: Scratt's Nutty Adventure (PS4) :platinum:

J - Just In Time Incorporated (PSVR) :platinum:

K - Kick-Ass 2 (PS3) :platinum:

L - L.A. Noire (PS4) :platinum:

M - Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3) :platinum:

N - Narcos: Rise of the Cartels (PS4) :platinum:

O - Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD (PS3)

P - Phoenix Wright Trilogy (PS4) :platinum:

Q - Queen’s Quest 3: The End of Dawn (PS4) :platinum:

R - Republique (PS4)

S - Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition (PS4) :platinum:

T - The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners (PSVR) :platinum: 

U - Uglydolls: An Imperfect Adventure (PS4) :platinum:

V - Vampyr (PS4)

W - Wasteland 2 (PS4)

X - X-Men Origins Wolverine (PS3) :platinum:

Y - Yooka-Layle (PS4) :platinum:

Z - Zerotopian Invasion (PS4) :platinum:

21 down. 6 to go. 

Also looks like my T was missed on the spreadsheet for some reason. I did get approval for that switch if thats why it didn't get marked. Thanks.

• Like 3

It's the end of the month, and since it's looking like I won't have any more games done before the end, here's my update! Spent a LOT of this month playing Fall Guys, it's way too addictive and I got the craving for that Infallible trophy, but I still got a couple in! I think I'm meeting my quota anyway; if I can get a lot done next month I'll even be ahead. Would love to have all this done before December.

VssX03A.png

My PS4 Backup was Life is Strange 2 which was... disappointing? I really was expecting a lot from this, since I LOVED Life is Strange 1 and Before the Storm, but this one really fell short for me. Felt like none of my choices mattered at all, and because of the whole "road trip" scenario none of the characters ever came back. Plus, the whole thing sort of felt like torture porn the whole time, since of COURSE neither of these kids ever catch a break the whole way south. It was kind of sad, since I had really wanted to play this. Guess that's why I never heard much about it despite sleeping on it for a while. This means I have even more leeway on the list, but again, I plan to do them all, so yeah.

L is for Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole, which was surprisingly good! I really didn't expect much from a movie game of a book movie, which wasn't even that great to begin with, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I read the Guardians of Ga'hoole books back when I was a kid, so I already knew the story, and this was actually different? You play as someone totally unrelated to the movie, sort of working alongside the story of the movie as a background character. Was an interesting premise, and the flight controls were actually quite good for a game like this. Combat was simple but effective, and despite having to play the game four damn times, it actually didn't get old until the very end. Plus it brought me back to my childhood, which is always nice.

We're nearing the end of the year, so it's time to kick it into high gear. I'm optimistic! I definitely feel like I can get the rest of this done and I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 3

6th game completed, problem with this is that I’m playing other games that take my fancy at the time rather than completing a particular game on my list. I could see this event being improved by not having to submit a list beforehand but still completing games beginning with letters of the alphabet. It would certainly work for me anyway! 

Abzu - Complete
Back to the Future The Video Game
Carnival Games VR
Dead to Rights Retribution - Complete
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Far Cry 3
Ghostbusters The Videogame
Horizon Zero Dawn
Infamous Second Son - Complete
Judgement
Killzone HD
Life is Strange - Before the Storm - Complete