Finally getting a PlayStation and getting into Trophy Hunting!

SixsFury

Welcome on board!

That's a pretty good selection of games to get you started - a few of them are in my backlog as well.

I'd also suggest that you play The Last Of Us before the sequel arrives early next year (at least I think that's when it comes out), as TLOU is one of the greatest experiences that PlayStation has to offer. The multiplayer is a bit of a grind, but the story..... my God, the story....

• Like 1

Welcome to the PlayStation family. I'm the opposite of you. I have always been a PS gamer except for the occasional Nintendo console but never had an XBOX.

Nice list of games you have decided. Spider Man and Horizon would be good ones to start with in trophy hunting. Neither is difficult and both are excellent games. If third person action adventure games I would recommend the  Uncharted collection and 4 and Lost legacy. With God of War you would be ok but it does have a little back story to it from the previous games.

Good luck on your new adventure with PS.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies! It's cool to hear that people are digging my list. I'm so excited to work through it! 

@StewartBros Yes TLOU is absolutely incredible. I had the pleasure of playing through it with one of my best friends over a weekend session at his place a couple of years back. I may well pick it up and play it again to get in the mood for the next one. Seriously one of the best games I've ever played!

@snakebit10 I think I'll start with either Horizon or Aaero. Horizon was the game for me that actually made me pull the trigger on getting a PlayStation. Well, it was that in conjunction with all the other awesome exclusives, but HZD is the one I'm probably most excited to play (along with Bloodborne). Aaero is just a game I adore and have played many times. I'm always looking for an excuse to go through it again, but this time I might bag myself a Platinum! I'll definitely check out the Uncharted games though!

@DaivRules Good to know there's other older gamers getting in on the Trophy action! Even better to know I'm not the oldest! :)

Seriously though, I don't think gaming is something we ever grow out of. Well, I don't think I will anytime soon. Thanks for the welcome bud! 

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy PlayStation gaming!

If you're an older gamer at 30, some of us are are downright geriatric. Let's hope we're all around to enjoy gaming for as long as possible.

For real though. If @SixsFury thinks 30 is an older gamer than what am I? I'll be 45 next month.

• Like 1

Hey, welcome! I almost envy you, there’s so many games only on PS that you’ll now get to enjoy for the first time... cool! We won’t be seeing much of you here, you won’t have the time ?

Read up on the exclusives. For example I must insist you play the Uncharted series ?

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Welcome to playstation. Some sweet games in that list of yours. You'll definitely have a fun experience, hopefully meeting finding new playstation friends along the way. And 30 isnt old! You be surprise how many older farts are around here...me being one. xD

20 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

Welcome to playstation. Some sweet games in that list of yours. You'll definitely have a fun experience, hopefully meeting finding new playstation friends along the way. And 30 isnt old! You be surprise how many older farts are around here...me being one. xD

Hehe, I overlooked that! Pfff, 30! That’s nothing ? I’m close to 40... ?

You know what, I intend to keep on gaming for many more years and so should you. I can really tell that my reflexes are quicker than the average person’s, even quite a bit younger ones. I game for health reasons ?

Welcome @SixsFury 

It so nice to see another ex XBox gamer converting to PlayStation...  When my partner and I decided to start gaming we went for the XBox One but we both had our reasons to switch, for example, the XBox controller was to big for our hands and the home screen was so confusing.  When we switched to PlayStation we were delighted with everything about it and the trophy system makes it even more rewarding.

We also intend on playing some of the games on your list though we are working through some games on PS Now first.

I guess we were quite old to be new to gaming (I'm 37 and my partner is 39) around 2 years ago but we love it so much already!

Have a great time and maybe see you around  ?

I'm always late (as usual)... ? Anyway, welcome to this huge community. :wave:

The games you wrote will give you a lot of fun! And they'll keep you busy for a lot of time. :giggle:

Horizon Zero Dawn was my 2nd PS4 game, while Little Nightmares was the 3rd. Shadow of the Colossus is a masterpiece, both music and story. And the platinum is easier (compared to the PS3 remaster). NieR:Automata is another gem, especially for the soundtrack (maybe the second run could be boring due to the hacking minigame, but don't give up, the third run will be the best B)).

I know almost nothing about the Dark Souls game, except the difficulty -_- (usually I compare these games to the Nightmare difficulty in Ys Origin :lol:, a JRPG), but I saw you put Spyro. Well, this is a very iconic PS1 game. You should add also Crash and the coming MediEvil.

And don't call yourself "old" just because you're 30! :D I'm just a little bit younger (29), but I'm not feeling "old"... I mean, not yet! ;)