Invincible Glitch

APCGrayLocked

5 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

you can use it everywhere, but i recommend to use it ONLY on the 4th and 5th Pantheons, because the main game is very easy (even the White Castle).

i stopped playing the game ages ago. i dont really intend on picking it up anytime soon. was curious how it worked though. Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...

Respect for everyone who beat 5th Pantheon without glitch, myself included. I didn't know about glitch and I'm ok with that, because it will encourage a lot of players and especially trophy hunters to play this masterpeace game without fear of not earning platinum. But I'm aslo sorry for those players, because they will never know the joy of beating every single one of those 42 bosses and the pride of having the skill to do it on their own. 

Bye bye Pantheon of the Hallownest :(

Edited by Cyberdyne-7
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Starlove said:

Nope. The main reason why we're all here it's because this and the other site (that i cannot mention because of the competition between them) are the main places where you can find the global and local leaderboards and compete to be the number 1 or one of the bests. And that's it. The rarity thing is just a plus, only a small chunk of people actually cares about having rare trophies. For the rest, it's a matter of accumulating to level up and entering in the Big Leagues.

You don't care about the Legends and the Real Pro Gamers and yet, you still talking about disrespecting. Funny :). For the second part, i play a game for myself and in my own way and, when it's possible, i use every trick to quickly finish the platinum. I don't play a game in a specific way because a "whole player base" has played it in that way and i must do the same, or i will disrespect them (what?). And as i said before, the pros understand that there are people who aren't interested in the challenge. So, even this point of yours falls off the cliff.

It's interesting that you say i can't do things legitimately when i told you that i've platinumed Aliens vs Predator and other hard games (OlliOlli 2 for example) and i've completed a good amount of hard games like Spelunky! or I Want To Be Human (or even Transcripted).

Mein Leben takes 4 hours of gameplay but there are also those cutscenes that can't be skipped for no reasons and they double the playtime so 8h. For the second part (the respecting the player's parts)... i don't give a damn :). They beat it legit? Wonderful, they are very skilled, no one will question that. But if there is a glitch that can save me some time, i will use it. And no, i'm not disrespecting them. Simply, i'm taking care of my garden :).

For the third part (the intended way and not deserving part)... maybe it's better that you take a cup of tea. It's almost an obsession for you. Seriously, no one cares about the "intended way". In those terms, boosting is also against the "intended way" to obtain the online trophies. So, putting in those terms, we (the boosters) are also disrespecting the players that play legit online? Because if the answer is yes, bro, all i can do is just laugh.

Next time, actually quote me mate, so I get a notification. 

That's not the main reason I am here. Therefore your generalizing claim that we are all here for this reason is faulty and can be dismissed. Besides, the motivation of why people on this website has very little to do with the act of using this glitch and why it's a good or bad thing anyway. 

Just because I don't care about the "legends" in the trophy hunting community doesn't mean I lack respect. Another faulty reasoning. It almost seems like your type of player is prone to them, this isn't the first time arguing with players like you and it's always back and forward between terrible arguments and misrespresentations. The fact that you play a game for yourself demonstrates my point of the selfish nature your type of player wallows in. It's no secret to me at all. I see PSNprofiles as a community, which it is. So therefore, being part of the community, I also want to do decently in it. If I wanted to play for myself I wouldn't be part of a community at all.

None of the games you mentioned are difficult and none of it excuses or argues against my stance as to why using a glitch to cheapen the accomplishment of others isn't a good thing. So, like in the FF9 thread and elsewhere, can you actually stay on the ball here instead of putting forward useless fluff just to have something to respond with? I made legit points as to why I believe using a glitch like this is a bad thing. The games you have completed yourself, the nature of your own playstyle, the people you respect etc, they don't have anything to do with this. 
You are a selfish player and it again shows in your last paragraph. YOU do not care for the intended way, not me and most certainly not WE or NO ONE. Self entitled and Selfish is what I said no? And would you look at that, selfish enough to only care about himself and self entitled enough to believe his stance on this counts for everyone. 

Boosting is a grey zone, I personally wouldn't do it and am against that as well. Just because it's done and accepted, just like this glitch, doesn't mean that it's a good thing. Let's just pick any online fighting game. It has a trophy for winning 20 games in a row without quitting. One does it legit, the other one just got free wins with a boosting partner. 
Chances are high the person doing it legitimately needed time to get good at this game to acquire such a consistent streak of wins. Meanwhile the booster can be plain terrible and have the skills of a five your old. Seems fair to you? Not really to me. Doesn't seem very laughable to me either. But hey, dude. It's as you say, you do you. You can stoop down to these low levels, doesn't mean I will. You can keep tending to your own garden, for all I know this community is one big garden, not just narrow patches of plastic grass.

Edited by STARLOVE

23 minutes ago, Tropikal said:

Give it a rest.

Okay, but only because you asked nicely. But yeah, I'm dropping this discussion. It always ends up the same. I've made my points. If people want to slap around them, that's fine. Think I'm going to start trophy hunting myself again. Have a nice day to you and Graylocked.

10 hours ago, Varhur said:

There's always a possibility of contacting devs and notifying them about the glitch, so they could fix it.

nope, because even if they patch it out, you can always revert to the 1.0 with the patch deleter or buy the physical edition and play offline (as i wrote in the main post).

This is the same situation as with Celeste, which is basically invincibility mode designed on purpose. Few people, including me, bitched about it a lot (it took one of my most anticipated game all the way down to bottom pile of games "to buy on a gigantic sale"), and yet the most praised opinions was like "screw trophies, just play the game". Yes, on trophy hunting website. So I decided to never rant about this again.

I understand both sides, however. In Hollow Knight case, I'm with @APCGrayLocked as I didn't find the game that incredible to spend countless hours on practicing bosses for all pantheons. I still have put a good amount of time into it (about 40 hours, because game is so big and I was trying to figure things myself for most part).

But on the other side, I understand other people being annoyed by those who got this plat with exploit. If suddenly Super Meat Boy would allow to get Impossible Boy without too much trouble (as on Steam version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g_KQrT6BPQ), I'd also be pissed off... But because using glitches (even used intentionally) are allowed here, why do anybody who want platinum only has to care? Blame the game, not the players.

And if somebody want a bragging rights platinum to put in his showcase, maybe he should go for a game which doesn't allow any workarounds.

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, STARLOVE said:

5 hours ago, STARLOVE said:

1. You do not speak for everyone as the start of this thread has shown there are plenty of people who are also against this glitch.

Those plenties of people were blasted off by another good chunk of people eh. Balance.

2. Nowhere in my post does it say that boosting is disrespecting. I am talking in terms of fair and unfair on level playing fields. 

Be unfair and be disrespectful are synonyms in your argumentations you know?

3. I am talking about people on a trophy hunting website pretending their way is the only way and there is nothing wrong with this. 

Nobody here said that glitching the trophies are the only pretending way, Starlove. From the start of this topic (as i wrote) no one will complain if someone do the trophy legit, and nobody must complain if someone use the glitch to reach the same goal (unlock the trophy).

This is my actual stance on using the glitch in the context of trophy hunting: 

1. I believe it isn't fair towards the people who completed this game legitimately. And again, why isn't fair? We unlock the trophy more easily, and they unlocked it legit, increasing their gaming skills. Everyone wins.

2. I think this is not getting the trophy the intended way. Captain Obviously. It's obvious that this is not the intended way, but we don't give a damn about that. Boosting is not the intended way to obtain online trophies. And still, we boosting regardless because i repeat, we don't give a damn about that.

Beating the Pantheon with this glitch makes it the trophy become meaningless in achieving it.

Meaningless because his deprivated of his hard nature, but it's not meaningless in the general scheme, because 1. is a gold trophy. 2. is required for the platinum the we all want.

I play games for completion too, but I do like to think that I actually did it through my own effort and in some cases, skill. Is there anything wrong with this stance? I don't think so.

No there isn't something wrong in your sentence. What is wrong is your complaint about us who want to use the glitch to save some precious time (in my case) or because we are not that skilled to beat legit the 3 exclusive bosses (Pure Vessel and Absolute Radiance mainly) but want the platinum anyway.

Let's take Super Meat Boy for example. Not even that difficult to platinum but okay, considered one of the more difficult plats. Now, you come along and share this glitch where Meat Boy just can't die, making it so every player can effortlessly complete all the worlds without dying. This devalues what is considered a hard platinum and as the word gets out, the once prestigious platinum of SMB becomes insignificant. I don't believe this is fair towards the people who were good enough at the game to complete it legitimately, which is why I would never use a glitch like that.

It will be a miracle if there was a glitch to render invincible the Meat Boy (although i would recommend using it just for Zombie and Impossible Boy runs, the most difficult ones). And yes, the glitch would devalue the plat and render it (from your point of view) insignificant but for us, the trophy hunters, it will not matter because it will be another platinum to the pile added (and in my case, a glitch will save so many hours of attempt for Impossible Boy). For the fair thing, once again, there is no connection. They have done it legit, we have done it with the glitch. Everyone wins (morally, the legit guys win too).

If you are playing only for completion, that is not an argument at all against what I am saying. You know, there is a simple fix for completion in that case... You don't have to play the game! If I was a 100 percent profile kind of guy, and SMB had this glitch, I would simply not play SMB! That's also not difficult to understand. I think it may be you who has a difficult time understanding that going for 100 percent no matter what and feeling a sense of satisfaction by obtaining what is considered a difficult trophy are two different things too.

Ah ok, i'm interested in playing the game (because i like the graphics, the story, the gameplay, etc) but because on the trophies that i can theoretically not unlock, i must not play it completely? What? And no, i don't have a hard time understanding at all, because i can perfectly divide the Trophy Hunter thing from the General Gaming thing.

I know I am unfortunately in the minority here, though. I am just someone who likes to get trophies because they mean you have achieved something in the game, even better when it's achieving a feat not a lot of players can or won't do due to the challenge. And so, I don't like it when that's being devalued, and there are others like me too, but they are a minority. Just don't pretend you speak for everyone, you don't. At the end of the day the difference between players like me and players like you is that you value getting the trophy itself more than the merit/skill/time behind it. You can see what kind of player I am then. Don't see anything wrong with that.

I speak for everyone because i repeat, YOU are the only one who is arguing very hard against something that is accepted in the community (using a glitch). And i repeat: the skill is not seen by a trophy. If you don't accept it, that's not my problem.

I believe trophies should be earned in the intended way. Do I have something against players that don't do this? Not necessarily. But I do think it's fishy and questionable. But don't worry, I won't call the cops on them.

No is not questionable. You can't criticize how people decide to do the trophies (hacking and downloaded saves excluded). Everyone is free to do whatever they want (using a glitch, using a bug, using the debug menu, boosting, etc). Again, if you simply divide the trophy hunting from general gaming, you will no more problems (because your complaint is absolutely sharable in a general gaming discussion).

The people that don't buy games because trophy list too hard, or no trophy list etc are the true people who take trophies too seriously. I never didn't buy a game because X trophy list. Even in this thread, there are people saying they are happy this glitch is here because now more people will try the game! How obsessed with trophies can one be?

On this i agree with you. I don't like the people that don't play a game because "there is no plat" or "no trophy list" (like Captain Spirit) or "hard trophies".

I may as well be shouting at a wall. Don't think I've been unreasonable, because I understand how you approach trophies, I just don't think it's particularly nice. That being said, I wish you the best, have a nice evening and have fun playing games, most importantly.

Have a nice evening too and have fun too while playing.

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

It doesn't matter how many people agree with your views. When you make a post here, you speak only for yourself. We all do.

The number of hearts that i received in various posts in this topic, tells something else.

It is not about separating "trophy hunting" from "general gaming". Players like STARLOVE and myself also do trophy hunt, we just have a different approach to it. You seem to care about inflating your trophy count, your number of platinums, and don't seem to care about how you achieve those numbers. And that's fine! You try to go up the leaderboards, which are a big part of this site.

Actually i play the games that i like and i platinum (and 100%) everything because i'm a completionist for nature. If i wanted to climb up the leaderboards, i would put on Hannah Montana, Shrek, Mayo, etc. But i don't like those games and i'm not interested in doing a game just for a fast +1. And yes, i like the Ratalaika games (before you ask me that). Some of them are really nice and some others are very good like "I Am The Hero".

I don't give a shit about my number of platinums or the leaderboards. I like to complete games that either requires some effort and skill, or games that I'm generally interested in. Now, using glitches like the one for Hollow Knight devalues my way of trophy hunting in the same way that the 5-minute Ratalaika stacks have devalued yours. That's not to say that I would not have played Hollow Knight had I known about this glitch earlier, but it still heavily devalues this platinum trophy for me personally, since by looking at my profile you cannot tell whether I did this one legit or not. In any case, trophy hunting is not exclusively about getting as many trophies as you can. That's only one way to trophy hunt, but this site is more than just the leaderboards. There are so many statistics to keep track of, and many ways to pursue this hobby.

For the devaluing part, once again, you have obtained the trophy legit and we have used the glitch to achieve the same thing. We have obtained the trophy, you have beated the Pantheon legit and increased your skills. Everyone wins. It's not that difficult to understand (once again, divide trophy hunting from general gaming and no problems anymore). For the trophy hunting and this site, actually no. Trophy Hunting, for the majority of people, is getting as many trophies as they could (and that's why they do the stacks) and climb the leaderboards to be in the Big Leagues (the first 5-10 places). The thing that you do it's not trophy hunting. The thing that you do is the same that i do: playing a game and complete it. The difference between you and me is that you do everything legit, and i use the glitches/shortcuts when they are available to save some precious time (because i have tons of other games to play and i cannot stay on a single game for 1 month or more because i have a life too, you know?). If i hadn't an immense backlog, i would have done the Pantheon legit. If you don't believe me, it's not my problem. There is a thing that is called TRUST and trust me, when i say those things because i don't like to lie to people. I like to share everything i know to help everyone and be, in general, helpful. Every time i've used a glitch or a walkthrough to platinum a game, i always tell that, because, again, i'm not a liar and i don't have to demonstrate anything. I know where i can shine, and where i can be in serious trouble (gaming skills talking here).

Edited by APCGrayLocked
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...