Once again another shameless addition to the "Harvest Moon" brand

realm722

Looks kind of like Harvest Moon party more or less. Getting it and not expecting a ton, but hoping my niece and I can play it together. :) 

41 minutes ago, Burgins said:

Looks bad

Play Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, Graveyard Keeper, and that one shipwrecked pirate one that had its trailer recently (forget its name). Indie devs do Harvest Moon way better than Natsume could ever dream of these days

If you want more classic Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons is essentially the same thing, but it's exclusive to Nintendo IIRC.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Looks kind of like Harvest Moon party more or less. Getting it and not expecting a ton, but hoping my niece and I can play it together. :) 

If you want more classic Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons is essentially the same thing, but it's exclusive to Nintendo IIRC.

That cross over Story of Seasons is also on Steam. I wish they’d make SoS for PS4. That’s the only thing the Harvest Moon corpse has going for it. lol

edit: Doraemon is what the cross over is with had to look it up

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

That cross over Story of Seasons is also on Steam. I wish they’d make SoS for PS4. That’s the only thing the Harvest Moon corpse has going for it. lol

edit: Doraemon is what the cross over is with had to look it up

Yea, but main series SoS is on Nintendo only. They're remaking Friends of Mineral Town for Switch under the SoS banner.

Edited by ShadowStar83x
  • Like 2

I'm going to be a bit controversial here and say that I actually prefer this over Light of Hope, if only because this is so far removed from the concept and the charm of the original Harvest Moon series that it comes off as more of a cheap cash grab than a total mockery of what was my favorite video game franchise growing up.

That said, @Burgins is right. Indie developers have a much better understanding of what made these games so great.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

As a veteran Harvest Moon player. This is something you should stray away from. Don't let Natsume take your money by buying these trashy games. Yes, I played the Harvest Moon Light of Hope and beat it and it was lacking so much! It was awful! Sold that game to get Story of Seasons instead. Marvelous are the true company that actually built these Harvest Moon games and go by Story of Season's now. In fact Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town will be coming out in the west on the Switch very soon (already released in Japan). Don't be fooled by the name Harvest Moon because it's not made by the same developers anymore. Stick with Story of Seasons. Yes, the games may not be on Playstation but those are the newer farming games in the series or you can always buy the old PS2 Harvest Moon games on the Playstation Store. But stay away from any new "Harvest Moon" games to date. If you give them your money they'll just keep making these trashy mobile like games for you that aren't worth $50. Really it's not worth spending that much on shitty mobile like games. You'll be bored and find it uninterested within an hour, trust me. 

There are few things worse than seeing a favourite game series of yours being gutted like a hog and having its flayed skin be awkwardly stretched across an ill-fitting skeleton that looks nothing like the one it once belonged to.

But enough about Breath of the Wild...

• Like 1

The worst part about these garbage HM in name only games for me, is that I’m compelled to buy it. 

I’ve been collecting Harvest Moon games since my early teens. I own every game, in every variant. This however, has to be the first game I’ve been tempted to skip. 
I was even willing to give LOH a chance, and in all honesty that game didn’t totally suck, but it wasn’t good.

I would love to just skip this, and I know that I could. But having collected every Harvest Moon game, along with every Story of Seasons, and every game by Wada for the last 20+ years... I just honestly don’t think I can bring myself to not buy it. Although I do completely hate myself for getting it.

Strange, Natsume announced a 1 week delay, but released digitally on PSN and Switch. Guess they just meant on disc. They should’ve been clearer.

@AvengedEvil Looks fun, but how come you don’t have it on your profile? Use something else?

Edited by MidnightDragon