Dragon's Crown General Discussion (With A Favorite Character Poll)

Parker

Who Is Your Favorite Character?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Favorite Character?

I've been running Elf for the past 19 and a half hours. I'm really enjoying the game. If you haven't spent much time on the sidequests, you should do them due to the fact you get skill points as well as artwork. IIRC, online co-op started 9-10 hours in for me. The artbook is really nice too.

I got it within 5 hours. I kinda just motored through, and I am a kick machine with the elf. Now that I am level 18 though, I am getting my ass handed to me on some fronts. and all my helpers die too much.

I got it within 5 hours. I kinda just motored through, and I am a kick machine with the elf. Now that I am level 18 though, I am getting my ass handed to me on some fronts. and all my helpers die too much.

Have you been upgrading your items at all? If you're mainly kicking, throw some into the one that adds your boot's defense* x% to the attack power. It took me some time due to the fact that I took my time and focused on some of the quests instead of the story for a little bit, which is what I'm doing again at 57.

I am really contemplating getting this on my Vita as well. The game looks absolutely gorgeous and I think it would play great on the Vita too. 

Also, I added some pretty cool .gifs in the OP. 

Parker

I only have it on my Vita. Would you recommend getting this on my PS3 also? I'm concerned I may be missing out on this games full potential. 

http://www.realsg.com/2013/08/guide-dragons-crown-quests.html

Here's a link that's helped my work on some of the quests. It doesn't have all of them, so you may have to do some of your own research to get all of them.

I only have it on my Vita. Would you recommend getting this on my PS3 also? I'm concerned I may be missing out on this games full potential. 

I would recomend doing it, especially since you can upload your save from one version to the other through the upload/download menus. I don't have a Vita, so all of my work has been done while watching my tv. I've heard that there's more slowdown on the Vita version compaired to the PS3 version also.

http://www.realsg.com/2013/08/guide-dragons-crown-quests.html

Here's a link that's helped my work on some of the quests. It doesn't have all of them, so you may have to do some of your own research to get all of them.

I would recomend doing it, especially since you can upload your save from one version to the other through the upload/download menus. I don't have a Vita, so all of my work has been done while watching my tv. I've heard that there's more slowdown on the Vita version compaired to the PS3 version also.

Ive played this game a good bit on the vita and I havent experienced any slow down. It plays very well on the vita

Edited by man_with_wdjat

I am interested in this game, will probably pick this up for vita at first price drop.  Funny thing is though, I think this is the first game that has been on both platforms that shares a trophy list that wasn't cross buy.  Usually there is seperate trophy lists unless it is crossbuy.  Very odd IMO.

How exactly do you get talismans? I've been choosing the "A" path as I'm nowhere near a high enough level to do the "B" path and I've cleared quite a few stages one after another (without going back to town) and haven't gotten a talisman yet. I'm confused as to how we earn them. 

Parker

How exactly do you get talismans? I've been choosing the "A" path as I'm nowhere near a high enough level to do the "B" path and I've cleared quite a few stages one after another (without going back to town) and haven't gotten a talisman yet. I'm confused as to how we earn them. 

Parker

Its the B Path, just kill each boss and they should come to you.  Though for Medusa, you have to kill it in the area you first meet it, kill the Kraken before it destroys the cave. Don't let the Chimera fall in the lava.  Kill the Wraith instead of the alt exit, Red Dragon has to be killed in the throne room. Killer Rabbit has a time limit where NPC will come help you, so kill it before they show to get the talisman.   Every other boss is a straight kill and doesn't have any alternate areas to cause you to lose the talisman

Parker

Each "B" path boss awards you with one of the 9 talismans.  By the way, I tried to send you a friend request to co-op but it said you were full.  Popular guy.  :eyebrow:

Dammit... got :ninja: 'd

Edited by skidmarkgn

Its the B Path, just kill each boss and they should come to you.  Though for Medusa, you have to kill it in the area you first meet it, kill the Kraken before it destroys the cave. Don't let the Chimera fall in the lava.  Kill the Wraith instead of the alt exit, Red Dragon has to be killed in the throne room. Killer Rabbit has a time limit where NPC will come help you, so kill it before they show to get the talisman.   Every other boss is a straight kill and doesn't have any alternate areas to cause you to lose the talisman

Granted, if you're fast enough, you can still get the talsiman for Red Dragon prior to it falling off the bridge at the end, which I did in Normal the first time I played. Also, there's a quest that has you let the Kraken destory the cave and you have to click on the fish on the shore right next to the exit, which became a pain for my Elf, since by the time I went to work on it she was in the 60's and on Hard.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Started playing this this week. Started with the Fighter but have done a couple of levels with the Elf, Wizard and Sorceress just to try out the different gameplay on offer.

Not sure who to make my main; I do enjoy the "run & gun" gameplay of the Elf, and the almost pure offence of the Wizard. Hmmmm.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I might pick up this game again but I wanted to know if the speed kills.

If I kill the dragon on normal for example, can I fight him again on normal later on when im stronger ? 

Yes.  Normal mode level caps at 35 I believe.  So you will only be level 35 when you fight him on Normal no matter how high a level you are.  But the key to speed kills is using really high level NPC's as they stay the same level no matter what game mode.  You will have to collect the 9 talismans each time you want to fight him though.  I fought him with Lvl 95 NPC's and beat him in a matter of seconds.