Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Target Achieved! Finally managed to raise my percentage over 85%.

Now...not sure if I should be greedy but anyway ,why the hell not, it's not like I have anything better to do anyway: 

NEW TARGET : 90% COMPLETION

Words of a true Gamer ?

Congrats on 85 and good luck with 90! 

• Like 3

On 1.6.2020 at 2:48 PM, Squirlruler said:

@RikuKelev
Original Starting PCG: 80.58%                    May Earned Trophies: 31
Goal PCG: 90%                    May Earned Platinums: 1
May Starting PCG: 84.47%                    May Games Started: 3
Current PCG: 83.1%                    May Games Completed: 1
Month Increase: -1.37%
Total Increase: 2.52%

Well... I'm currently at 84.32% again.

Not sure if I'll be able to do much more this month. I shouldn't, but I probably will to procrastinate more important things.

• Like 3

Well my 100% goal is not gonna happen now for 2 reasons:

1) Super Meat Boy is a pain in my butt. Though I'm so happy I've made such progress, it would break me to try and attempt the platinum before years end. I just... I need breaks. Oh my goodness I need a break or you'll find me in a corner shaking daydreaming about pixel perfect jumps and muttering to myself.

2) I was planning on doing a Dark Souls series rush for some other event... but with Demon's Soul's being announced for PS5, I really want to do the whole series back to back because I LOVE Dark Souls and want all of the plats in order on my profile. Unfortunately... since it looks like Demon's Soul's may (?) not be released before the years end (after PS5 launch) and because I'll probably net a PS5 for Christmas... well even if Demon's Soul's was released I want to go through it slow, steady and enjoy it. Sooo... Not gonna happen. The Dark Souls game's I've already started I could get 99% of the trophies in, but no way now I'll be getting 100% cause otherwise I'd ruin my series dream. Sigh. :(

I'll try to go for 98-99% though! In the meantime I'm starting yet another new game, Disgaea 5... because... well... I really want to play it and it's bugging me. I'll dedicate the latter portion of this year to filling out my actual backlog (Skyrim, Star Ocean, Dark Souls 2 to 99%) at that time. But for now... time for some fun. >:D

Edited by Sword
  • Like 3

I took a hit by starting Mass Effect 2, The Outer Worlds and Resident Evil 7. Add on Last of Us Part 2 this Friday and I'll have lost almost a whole 1%, which is huge. I'm not bothered though cause I'll get them all done in due time and I'm having a great time with all of them. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

I took a hit by starting Mass Effect 2, The Outer Worlds and Resident Evil 7. Add on Last of Us Part 2 this Friday and I'll have lost almost a whole 1%, which is huge. I'm not bothered though cause I'll get them all done in due time and I'm having a great time with all of them. 

The Outer Worlds is a great game. It is one of those slow trophy games since I want to take my time and explore each area. I spent alot of time on the first planet just to find all the outposts. I found some really good gear doing that. 

• Like 1

Been awhile since I posted so I thought an update is in order. I am zoning on reaching 70% by the end of the month. Will still be off a pace to reach my goal of 75%l by the end of the year but significant nonetheless. For the last 3 months I have been focusing on achieving trophies already existing on my account rather than starting new games. I have finished Frycry Classic which was hanging on my account since Sep 2017. Finally figured out regardless of anything the game says, it is NOT a stealth game & the AI can always see you thru earth, grass, water, etc. but not thru "some" large trees or rocks. Never hears you either. Maybe this helps someone.

Earlier this month I made a list of about 18 games which I had earned only 1 or 2 trophies for the most part. My focus will be those for the next 2 months.  I have already knocked out 2 of them. Two others, SR the Third & SR IV will be wrapped up by the end of the month. Not sure if I will do the Genki Bowl DCL - love to hear your thoughts. Those have been on my account since Jan 2018. I have spent an enormous amount of time on Killzone 2. Elite mode is no joke. Finished up the next to last area twice now & my ps3 has locked up in the same place... after killing the last opponent but before triggering the save!!! I don't know if I want to keep at it. Afraid it is not the system but the disc. Killzone 2 completion is now up to 92%. Really wanted that 100%...

Currently working on Littlebigplanet which as has been on my account since 2011! Platforming games are outside my comfort zone...I am happily using Community missions to avoid hours of platforming deaths trying to collect prize bubbles!

I had wanted to play Control before it left PS Now but it has 2 expensive DLC packs, 1 of which is not yet released. I am not wanting to add to my percentage deficit. Any thoughts on the game anyone?

Speaking of expensive DLC, Titan Quest after years of being out released 2 DLC packs which made my completion percentage dive some more. That entire game is just 1 horrific grind already. If anyone could help me knock off some bosses in the second playthrough I would be extremely grateful!

• Like 2

Currently I am just 4 trophies away from my goal. The good news is, one of them is a platinum, so I am practically 3 trophies away from my goal. The bad news is, 2 trophies require a ultra hard difficulty run through Horizon Zero Dawn and with so little useful information out there I have no idea whether this will be a pain in the ass or not, or how long it will take. The worst news, the then remaining trophy is Impossible Boy from Super Meat Boy, and that one could very well turn out to be impossible for me. These upcoming days will definitely get interesting.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

The bad news is, 2 trophies require a ultra hard difficulty run through Horizon Zero Dawn and with so little useful information out there I have no idea whether this will be a pain in the ass or not, or how long it will take. 

Do not worry about that one! Get the Shieldweaver armor and the best bow avaliable with the best upgrades and blitz through the game, skip cutscenes etc. Should take roughly 5 hours if i am not mistaken, been a long while since I did that. I think I died only 3 - 4 times, my bow was already ridiculously OP. 

Best of luck with SMB though xD

• Like 3

Finally I have gotten back into the positive! it's not by much (0.025) but I am there. I will finish Batman: The Enemy Within and play some more backlog games over the next 5 days to get even further along. I should be at 4.5% improvement at the moment, however I am sitting at 2.6%. Only 1.9% to improve in 5 days ........ easy..........?

But i did hit an average of S ranking!

Edited by Gumby114
  • Like 2

After earning some trophies in The Last of Us I have reached my goal of 84%

It was a little easier than I expected. I'm moving my goal to 85%, because why not. There are still more trophies to earn in TLOU, MGS2 and MGS3.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 6:17 PM, Gumby114 said:

But i did hit an average of S ranking!

Congrats on that!  I know that is actually pretty hard to work up to.  At least you're making good progress and you're close to a nice milestone of 80%.

As for me, I'm sitting at slightly negative from last month, but only by 0.02% and that will be fixed once I earn another trophy in Devious Dungeon 2.  Mostly I was just dissatisfied by how slow the progress is in Tales of Symphonia and Final Fantasy X-2 so I went and played both stacks of Devious Dungeon 2 so I could have some more trophies and completed games.  It's also a pretty fun short game.  Have the PS4 one done, just three more trophies in the Vita stack.  Am at least closing in on getting to 97%.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

After earning some trophies in The Last of Us I have reached my goal of 84%

It was a little easier than I expected. I'm moving my goal to 85%, because why not. There are still more trophies to earn in TLOU, MGS2 and MGS3.

How'd you get on with the VR missions in MGS2? 

Just now, jonesey46 said:

How'd you get on with the VR missions in MGS2? 

Most of them were fine and even fun. The missions I had most trouble with were MGS1 Snake hold-up missions and elimination missions. Hold-ups with M4 particularly made me rage quit because of the use of pressure sensitivity of the square button you aim with. I either wasn't pushing it enough and getting spotted, or was pushing it too hard and shooting people. I returned to finish them after a long 10-month break and a motivational push and some tips from @panikooooos (RIP) and completed those.

There were 2-3 difficult missions in other modes as well. I died in the survival missions many times. I failed the sniping missions where you have to defend someone/something probably close to 100 times ?. In those cases I just watched Youtube videos where people beat those missions to see if there was a better strat or whatever.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Alderriz said:

Hold-ups with M4 particularly made me rage quit because of the use of pressure sensitivity of the square button you aim with. I either wasn't pushing it enough and getting spotted, or was pushing it too hard and shooting people.

Those are pretty easy on Vita. Because the buttons aren't pressure sensitive, they just mapped aiming to d-pad down, while shooting is still mapped to square like on PS3. There's no risk of accidentally shooting the enemies, making those missions a breeze.

• Like 1

Just a short progress update from my side.

I think this month I will just be slow in my completion percentage. 
The only games I focused on were Death Stranding and The Last of Us part 2, and it was busy at work.

Both games have quite a lengthy campaign as well, so hopefully I can get back on track and grow in July since I also have some time off from work.

It does seem that both games have a high trophy completion rate.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

I am giving up on reaching my 100% goal, it is just not doable for me. Sitting at 99.85% completion, but Impossible Boy has proven itself to actually be impossible for me to get, after many hours I am not even close, I am not even close to being close, in fact I stopped making any measurable progress a few hours ago, the levels are just that ridiculously insane, there is just no way. I lack the natural skill to get this trophy, I thought about it and decided to accept it, not an easy decision for someone as stubborn as me. Sure I could have just let some freak of nature shareplay this for me and act like I got it myself, but I rather come to terms with how far my skill brought me, which is a lot further than I anticipated when I started doing these ironman runs. Well some things are just not meant to be, I wanted this game to be my 50th plat and get back to 100% with it, but I will start new games soon and try to forget about this one. I also decided against hiding it, 100% completion with hidden games is worthless.

I can technically still get closer to 100% by the end of the year if I time it so that I have all new games finished at that point, but I haven't decided whether that is worth doing or not. Anyway, good luck to you all, maybe you can reach your goals at least:dunno:

Super Meat Boy is one hell of a game to beat. I'm in the same position where by the end of the year, it's probably going to be the only game I have incomplete on my profile. You're much, much farther into it than I am and I think that speaks volumes about your ability. I still can't even beat Cotton Alley 20 in the par time to unlock 20x, so the platinum is literally impossible for me right now. I thought about shareplay too but in the end... the journey of getting those ultra rare trophies will probably last a lifetime, no? I do have days where I go "man I wish I could have 100%" but honestly, a true 100% account would never play games again... cause once you play a game your % completion is 99% again. xD I know, I know. That's a scapegoat mentality I have to admit I'm just not skilled enough for Super Meat Boy. But it does ring truth to it. A vast majority of your time, accounts are 99.xx% or lower cause you're always cycling through games.

I do hope you eventually reach that 100% completion though. It's gonna be one hell of an achievement. I'll probably stick to 99% myself, cause my confidence in beating Zombie Boy, Girl Boy much less Impossible Boy is about 0.1% atm. So. Damn. Hard. :(

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sword said:

Super Meat Boy is one hell of a game to beat. I'm in the same position where by the end of the year, it's probably going to be the only game I have incomplete on my profile. You're much, much farther into it than I am and I think that speaks volumes about your ability. I still can't even beat Cotton Alley 20 in the par time to unlock 20x, so the platinum is literally impossible for me right now. I thought about shareplay too but in the end... the journey of getting those ultra rare trophies will probably last a lifetime, no? I do have days where I go "man I wish I could have 100%" but honestly, a true 100% account would never play games again... cause once you play a game your % completion is 99% again. xD I know, I know. That's a scapegoat mentality I have to admit I'm just not skilled enough for Super Meat Boy. But it does ring truth to it. A vast majority of your time, accounts are 99.xx% or lower cause you're always cycling through games.

Took me years to get this far, I took several long breaks after I made some progress, then a few days or weeks of occasional play to get some practice in, then the marathon sessions to actually get the tougher ironman trophies. True a 100% profile will only be at 100% after the games that got started are finished, but that is still very nice to see, also not having one or several A ranks sit right in the middle of all the S and mess up the streak. 99% is still great, but I can't deny that it really annoys the hell out of me that its not 100. On the bright side, I can start other annoyingly hard games more freely now because, if I can't complete them, who cares, 100% is dead so not really that big of a difference whether its 99.9% or 99.4%. I kinda curse the day I casually started Super Meat Boy years back but what can I say, I was under the impression of being good at platformers, but a total of around 13k deaths just to not be able to make the last trophy says otherwise?

I daresay almost anyone can get the majority of the ironman trophies, most worlds have only a few tough or tricky levels, and you can do a LOT with different characters to make it easier, everything up to Demon Boy is perfectly possible even if you suck at this game. Zombie Boy is a massive upgrade in difficulty, and Girl Boy is even harder, I struggled a lot with these two but I like to believe that they are doable with enough time. Impossible Boy is not doable with practice alone though, the levels are too insane, too random, too demanding, I am 100% certain that people who lack the skill for it, like me, could spend 100+ hours on it alone and wouldn't get it. Game is still absurdly rare for good reason. You will most likely be unable to plat it, but I am sure you can beat at least Demon Boy, maybe even Zombie Boy and/or Girl Boy, but Impossible Boy is for freaks and machines, and I don't mean that in a negative way.

I will have my hands full with Jotun in the upcoming days. Its no Super Meat Boy, but it will no doubt be challenging as well, and hopefully more fun than the nasty Cotton Alley.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 3

I killed it this month, I raised my completion percentage  0.7 pencent. 

However, I have like 40 games I haven't started. most notable final fantasy 7 remake, god of war, greedfall, savage planet, death stranding, doom eternal and outerworlds. plus I have ps now which also adds much more options. by doing this challenge im trying to find balance. I want to play new games, but I have been tyring to bring up my precentage up before this challnge last year. In last june 2019 my completion was like 32% and now today it is 38.97 percent 

im open to people making suggestion on which game i should attaclk next on my list

im working on diablo 3 atm, if any wants to join

Edited by ChuckDNorris
wanted to add
  • Like 4