Attack on Completion 2020 (sign ups Closed)

13 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

My monthly update. 

Ive managed to make some progress with my % this month 

- Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (100% and plat)

- Gris (100% and plat)

- Fe (100% and plat)

- Seasons after Fall (100% and plat) 

- Uncharted:Drakes Fortune (plat)

I’m working my way through Uncharted 2 at the moment clearing remaining trophies. Hoping to get the Plat for them all before The Last of Us 2 ?

I'm well on track with regards to the goal I set for myself, and also got 2 platinum trophies.

Got to clear some of the other games since in June I will shift my focus to Last of us part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima?.

Making sure I don't fall back in the progress.

• Like 3

Okay, so I wrapped up the games I started to be filler to get to 150 plats and got the Nier plat.  Now am back to being positive.  Going to start working on finishing up Tales of Symphonia and then Rune Factory once that is done.  Also chipping away at FFX-2 and got a few trophies in that.  At least now good progress is being made and I'm hoping to avoid starting anything else until I wrap up Tales of Symphonia and Rune Factory at least.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Whelp, rip my progress. The kiddo wanted to start Minecraft Dungeons with me, so that got added. I also added a new vita game, Day of the Tentacle, but I should be able to knock that one out before the months end. And I should be able to at least get a good portion of MD done, as well as some of the other games I have been playing. Was up to 85.88, down to 84.76, but I think I can get to about 85.5 before the months end.

Since I am making this post, might as well give the reminder:

Friendly reminder! I will be doing the next update on Monday, before 9AM EST. Make sure you have your updates done before then, as (always) I will NOT be doing profile syncs.

Thoughts on Minecraft Dungeons? I'm on the fence wether to get it or not. 

2 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Thoughts on Minecraft Dungeons? I'm on the fence whether to get it or not. 

I'm not very far into it, but so far it has been fun. I don't think there will be missables (maybe one, but not sure), and I do think there will probably be a grind at the end. But it is just a dungeon crawler Minecraft game. So far, so good though.

• Like 1

Well... First month where I will not have earned a single platinum trophy or made any significant trophy progress at all. Terraria came out with their 1.4 update for PC near mid-month. My sister and I have been playing it pretty much since it has come out and I have barely been on my console for the past 2 weeks.

Still making minor progress in a free game I started called Clicker Heroes. Basically some free trophies (literally, the game is free) in a click based game made for PC like Cookie Clicker. Buy upgrades, get gold, get more heroes, buy more upgrades, lose it all when you ascend/transcend, but your next run is far faster than the last, keep going higher and higher in the zones, yada yada, boom unlock all trophies. It's pretty fun mathematically and will take well over 200 hours to complete. However those 200 hours are basically spread across 10-20 minute sessions every morning and evening then you gotta wait for the gold to rack up before you can buy more stuff (plays itself even while you're offline), so honestly it's not that bad at all. Check it when you wake up, check it when you go to bed, play whatever you want in between. 

Still though my progress has flat lined. Since this is my sisters last year in college (winter graduation!!) before she gets a job, I really wanted to spend some game time with her. :) Unfortunately, there's a high chance I might not get ANY progress done next month too (depending on how long we want to play Terraria!).

And of course, we're both waiting for Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered to be released as well (cross play for PS4 and Nintendo Switch, hell yes!) She can play on her Switch and I can play on my PS4 for those sweet sweet trophies in a game we both absolutely ADORED as kids on the Gamecube. Summer release, it says. I really really hope that still holds. Come on June. Give me some sort of news.... xD 

• Like 4

I thought I'd finish FF7 Remake by now, but I've been playing Ragnarok Odyssey Ace. I don't know why I started the game again, but I'm glad I did. There's not many people in Europe playing the game right now. Thankfully, I have someone to do the online quests with for the trophies. The only thing is that as the story quests get more difficult (it's a monster hunter type game), the more I need help with them. I'm going to have to find 2 people who are going for the plat to be able to finish the game. Not an easy feat. If only the online mp wasn't region-locked, I would've easily found people to play with.

I'm going try to finish a chapter a day or two, so I can play FF7R again. To be honest, I really want to wait until my sister gets her hands on it because I'd love to talk to her about it. She's not sold on the idea.

• Like 3

This month needs to be about 2 weeks longer..... I am 0.32% lower than last month....

Work has smashed me this month - meaning late finishes and early starts. Plus, I began a saltwater aquarium at the beginning of this month and it has taken up the limited time that I have for me time. I whinge but I love it. It's nice to have a slice of nature next to your T.V. when you need to relax after a long day. 

Anyway, back to the reason we are all here..... I have almost finished Jedi Fallen Order. If you have not played it yet, I cannot recommend it more. It does nothing new and borrows heavily from a plethora of games but the fan service is there and really hope they continue to make the single player Star Wars experiences like this one. Having the force pull ability unlocked later in the game makes up for the finiky platforming in the earlier sections. Ice sliding to a rope is very annoying.

• Like 4

I figure I better post an update now - currently sitting at 54.51% — which is a fairly substantial increase for me. I’m still thinking 60% as an end goal was probably a bit too high of a goal- but we’ll see.

This month I did take a focus to trying to finish off old games instead of starting new ones, and a few of the new games I did start I also finished. One of the special mentions of the month being Superhot VR, locking in as my new rarest trophy and platinum, and I am so glad and proud that I managed to finish it.

The reason I post my update now is it’s looking like I’m going to start a new game or two heh... which is surely going to see my percentage for the month finish lower than it is now.. but we’ll see.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

Anyway, back to the reason we are all here..... I have almost finished Jedi Fallen Order. If you have not played it yet, I cannot recommend it more. It does nothing new and borrows heavily from a plethora of games but the fan service is there and really hope they continue to make the single player Star Wars experiences like this one. Having the force pull ability unlocked later in the game makes up for the finiky platforming in the earlier sections. Ice sliding to a rope is very annoying.

I completed Jedi Fallen Order this month and loved it. It really is a good Star Wars games. 

I totally agree about the ice sliding to a rope.... So annoying 

Anyway enjoy, also an easy plat if your going for that ?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

I completed Jedi Fallen Order this month and loved it. It really is a good Star Wars games. 

I totally agree about the ice sliding to a rope.... So annoying 

Anyway enjoy, also an easy plat if your going for that 1f606.png

I am 100% going for the plat. I just need to finish the last two planets and earn the explosives trophy and the plat is mine. hopefully I'll earn that after work tonight. 

• Like 2

I really want another Star Wars game like the quality Fallen Order had. That was my first Star Wars game in quite some time (since Lego Star Wars or Battlefront 2 way back in 2006) and I was impressed. Loved every second of it. :) 

I guess we're getting Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga later this year. I hope it's not too bloody expensive but definitely a must buy for me cause Lego characters are just too funny and I love Star Wars 1-6. :')

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sword said:

I really want another Star Wars game like the quality Fallen Order had. That was my first Star Wars game in quite some time (since Lego Star Wars or Battlefront 2 way back in 2006) and I was impressed. Loved every second of it. :) 

I guess we're getting Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga later this year. I hope it's not too bloody expensive but definitely a must buy for me cause Lego characters are just too funny and I love Star Wars 1-6. :')

Mate, Lego games are life....... I never pick them up when the first come out and I always say this one is the last one........ but i always come back for more. I have Marvel Avengers 2 and Lego HP waiting to be finished.

And Fallen Order has been the best game I have played this year by far.... I am going to start Nier: Automata next month so i will see if my tune changes.

Edited by Gumby114
  • Like 2

Down month for me.  Started P4 and P5 and played some Trackmania Turbo.  Once I clean up Persona 5 though, I should be back in shape.  Probably going to try and do some of the Survival Mode stuff for Uncharted 4 this month and maybe try to finish up The Last of Us which should help since they are already on my profile.  

~TC

• Like 3

@Squirlruler Thanks for the update. 

I felt I did quite well last month! Bagged 6 plats and completed 4 games ?

That pull up trophy was a nightmare, Goodluck on getting it. Not sure how many attempted it took me! Spent a good HR I think ?

I also need to go back and clean up trophies on FF7R! Really into playing uncharted at the moment. Working my way through 3 cleaning up trophies and then onto the next two games. 

(helps that I did crushing mode for 2 and 3 in like 2016) 

Don’t think I’ve done that for 4 and lost legacy! Hoping to get them all done before TLOU2 is out. 

• Like 3

Slower month for me I think. I say that cause I felt like I haven't done as much as I was doing at the start of quarantine. Still on the up though, and making my 85% goal seem more and more attainable.

As for what I'm working on there's quite a lot to get through;

I am still working on Doom 3 BFG Edition, currently on the Doom 2 stuff which is fun but a little challenging. I'll be honest, I don't like Doom 2 as much as Doom 1, I feel like they added too much to an already amazing formula. Which is exactly how I feel regarding Eternal and 2016. Once I've finished Doom 2 off I'll be back to the main Doom 3 campaign to tackle the infamous nightmare difficulty. 

Also on the PS3, I resurrected Rag Doll Kung Fu from about 10 years ago. Cleaned up all the miscellaneous trophies so now just have to get gold on all challenges. It's really tough due to the dodgy control scheme and mandatory Sixaxis stuff but I'll get there with enough practice.

And lastly for the PS3 I've been playing (and loving) Mass Effect. I really wish I got into the game when I started it 5 years ago but I suppose it's never too late. Can't wait to get the platinum so I can start the sequel. 

On the PS4 I've been playing The Crew, praying I don't get hit by the Extra Mile glitch which will lock me out of the platinum if I get it. If I had known that was a thing 6 years ago I would have never started it but at least it's actually a fun driving game. 

Lastly, Minecraft Dungeons which I've been playing co-op with my girlfriend. It's a good laugh and the platinum doesn't seem too difficult. I picked up the hero edition too so I'll be ready for the DLC when it drops. 

It's all just biding time until Last of Us Part II comes out though isn't it? 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Anyway, looks like we had a pretty decent month overall. Total Monthly Percent Earned is waaaay down though. Everything else seems to be pretty good though :D

Bet that's because more games were started than completed overall and that tends to bring completion gains down.

I know for me my biggest issue is the whole starting new games thing.  Last month I did well and completed all the games I started that month and only started a few to get me to 150 plats so I could have NieR be plat #150.  Trophy earning progress is probably going to be a bit slow in June since I'm going to be working on finishing up the last game left that I started in 2020 for the moment and it's a lengthy UR plat.  Also working on FFX-2 after years of putting it off and everything I have left besides Last Mission is going to be a bit time consuming.  If I can finish that though it will wipe out the oldest game in my incompletes and that would be awesome.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gruffiiti said:

@jonesey46 Nice and good luck with The Extra Mile.

I have been thinking of starting The Crew again. I had a ton of fun with that game on my last account a few years back.

I've been having a blast with it but I'll be really upset if The Extra Mile fucks me. I'm not looking forward to doing the online stuff or grinding out 100 police evades but everything else has been super fun so far! 

• Like 1