Will you be buying the PS5 day one?

Venocide

29 minutes ago, Juzota said:

Nope. I'm gonna start next generation with Xbox. I'm going to get PS5 as well, but not immediately.

Xbox just confirmed Thanksgiving 2020 release date. No coronavirus wont delay it.

Ill get both at launch, also 1year warranty at EB for both. Did it with a ps3, when the newer model came in i got it swapped haha.

i'll pre order the moment it arrives. if it doesn't work I'll get shipped a replacement or whatever if it's faulty. Ubisoft have put back several games to be released as ps5 launch titles, and watch dogs legion is one idc about cash I got the money already saved, and considering the solution they've chosen for hard drives and third party support I imagine the console will be 500.

whenever the upgraded nvme solid state drives are released, I imagine a 2TB upgrade will cost around 400, and half that for a 1tb. maybe 250. as it will be cutting edge at launch. But i imagine it will be 2-3 months after ps5 launch before you see them.

but yeah for the first time ever consoles are receiving cutting edge pc tech around the time of it's first appearance instead of running off of older tech using cut down speeds, it's going to be mental overkill and probably wouldn't be possible for any one game to max out it's capacity.

I have never bought ANY console on day one! Most of the time I don't like the launch titles. I don't see the point buying a console just to have it. If it can play ALLLLLL my ps4 games I might buy it faster than if it can't. But still... Without any new launch games that I'm interested in?? I'll just wait. I didn't buy a ps4 until Bloodborne came out. That was a system seller for me! And I think if I remember correctly the ps4 at that time was out for almost 2 years. 

• Like 1

A little disappointed the released info recently didn't say much about ps3 compatibility. Still hoping its something Sony is looking into thru software wise. If not I just really need to find fully compatible controllers for ps3. With all that is known atm, yes still getting on launch. Would be great if Ps5 Pro is optional right at the start. I'd probably get that instead.

13 hours ago, DeathNyx said:

Very unlikely. 90% sure the first version will have problems. Better wait for updates.

Plus i'll be still playing games in my backlog. Heard PS5 will support backward compatibility, this is a good news.

Retrocompatibility is not a good thing because who would do again the same game if you don't get new trophies from this ? 

7 hours ago, BossZombieMan said:

Retrocompatibility is not a good thing because who would do again the same game if you don't get new trophies from this ? 

Uhm, it's about playing older games on a better hardware. I do not own a PS4 Pro and would gladly play some games in higher quality on the new system. Most players see games as a source of entertainment and enjoyment rather than just a source of trophies. Your stance towards games seems pretty unhealthy.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Todd Coward said:

Uhm, it's about playing older games on a better hardware. I do not own a PS4 Pro and would gladly play some games in higher quality on the new system. Most players see games as a source of entertainment and enjoyment rather than just a source of trophies. Your stance towards games seems pretty unhealthy.

While I personally agree with you, please remember that this website is primarily dedicated to trophies, so this part:

59 minutes ago, Todd Coward said:

Your stance towards games seems pretty unhealthy.

Is likely to derail this thread.

On topic: no probably not day 1.  I feel the info released was underwhelming  and less than it was hyped to be, particularly the hard drive and backwards compatibility.  Still got a truckload of ps4 games to enjoy 

Edited by AJ_-_808

33 minutes ago, BossZombieMan said:

Then ok. Because i find playing for fun is boring and unproductive. I could never go back to lambda gaming. 

Playing for fun is boring. Am I the only one struggling to find the logic in this sentence? Also.. What would be the example of so called "productive" gaming? I'm truly curious.

Edit: I think I understood what you mean. Always when I'm playing a game, I have some specific target in mind for which in the end I will get a trophy for. But I would not really call it "productive". It's just part of the fun.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Not for 2 years after release. I'll wait for a better version, unless my ps4 breaks down. Since ps5 will play ps4 games, i won't be forced to buy a second ps4, like i did with my ps3 on 2015

How are you people not excited about next-gen games? I know there are plenty of great games for PS4, but still.. Wait 2 years to try PS5 games?

• Like 1

Probably not at all. I have my backlog for PS3, PS4 AND Vita games to get through and I seem to be only getting to games 4 or 5 years after they came out. I haven't even played Resistance 3 yet.

What doesn't help is these online only games. Essentially if you buy those day 1, it's a race against time to Platinum/100% it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Playing for fun is boring. Am I the only one struggling to find the logic in this sentence? Also.. What would be the example of so called "productive" gaming? I'm truly curious.

Edit: I think I understood what you mean. Always when I'm playing a game, I have some specific target in mind for which in the end I will get a trophy for. But I would not really call it "productive". It's just part of the fun.

If your main objective is fun, then after playing, you realize you achieved nothing. 

With trophies you progressed. And this progression includes all your games. That's why trophies are awesome.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BossZombieMan said:

If your main objective is fun, then after playing, you realize you achieved nothing. 

With trophies you progressed. And this progression includes all your games. That's why trophies are awesome.

I agree with this 100%. I guess I just didn't understand wording.

Excited? About what? SSD?

There is not great games announced on ps5. Backwards compatibility is only working with small percentage of games (forget that every developer will test their game to ps5)

Sony has more interesting games at this moment for me than Microsoft, but you see for me Sony fucked up, 9 teraflops is far worst than 12 (10 tera in boost mode) so how many great games from Sony we will get? 5? 6? Rest of games mostly played by players are multiplatform, like assassin's creed, fifa, cod etc. and those game will works better on Xbox.

Sony plans was to make as cheap as possible console, and funny thing is that Cerny was talking about compatibility in new ps5, so they couldn't bring too much powerful processor but even compatibility with ps4 is fucked up.

This is basically ps4pro upgraded version.

Sony knows that price of console is important so they have created budget console for casual players, to those people who plays only fifa on boring Sunday.

After 1-2 years they will bring ps5pro, with maybe 11.5 teraflops.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BossZombieMan said:

What the hell? Why shouldn't I use retrocompatibility to get trophies I didn't get on the ps3/4, alongside all the ps1 and ps2 remasters  with trophy support (and believe me, there's a lot)? There is literally no downsize to retrocompatibility.

19 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

What the hell? Why shouldn't I use retrocompatibility to get trophies I didn't get on the ps3/4, alongside all the ps1 and ps2 remasters  with trophy support (and believe me, there's a lot)? There is literally no downsize to retrocompatibility.

First of all, it would only be for ps4 games and what's the point of doing these games while you can still do these on other consoles ? 

And this retrocompatibility stuff will provoque less new games from developers. It will be worse than remastered. Today nothing is created, everything is recycled. New original games would be better.

different people play for different reasons. some for fun, some have played so many games over the years achieving specific tasks is more fun then your average game, for others the challenge is the fun. do you honestly think ultra rare hunters play shitty broken glitchy games because having to restart entire sections, or games again is fun? no.. they hunt for URs because for them achieving that is the fun.

1 hour ago, NeoMesjasz said:

Excited? About what? SSD?

There is not great games announced on ps5. Backwards compatibility is only working with small percentage of games (forget that every developer will test their game to ps5)

Sony has more interesting games at this moment for me than Microsoft, but you see for me Sony fucked up, 9 teraflops is far worst than 12 (10 tera in boost mode) so how many great games from Sony we will get? 5? 6? Rest of games mostly played by players are multiplatform, like assassin's creed, fifa, cod etc. and those game will works better on Xbox.

Sony plans was to make as cheap as possible console, and funny thing is that Cerny was talking about compatibility in new ps5, so they couldn't bring too much powerful processor but even compatibility with ps4 is fucked up.

This is basically ps4pro upgraded version.

Sony knows that price of console is important so they have created budget console for casual players, to those people who plays only fifa on boring Sunday.

After 1-2 years they will bring ps5pro, with maybe 11.5 teraflops.

I regret the day companies used word "teraflop" in front of casual audience. If this - "This is basically ps4pro upgraded version." - is what you took away from Cerny's presentation, I have really nothing more to tell you. Also, Sony is testing backwards compatibility, not developers.

Edit: I don't know why I even need to write this, but Sony will obviously announce PS5 games in upcoming months.

Edited by BloodyRutz

the series x has 52 compute units, and a gpu clock speed of 1.8mhz so, in fanboy terms. 1.8x52 = 12 teraflops. 52 CUs will allow the series x to multitask like a god.

ps5 has a gpu clock speed of 2.3mhz (no boost) and 32 CUs. in fanboy terms 2.3 x 52 = 10.28 teraflops and as any pc overclocker will tell you, 500 mhz boost in gpu clock speed will take a load off of the cpu and allow for a serious kick to overall power.

you could run tlou 2 in 4k aswel as horizon zero dawn in 4k at the same time and still get well above 30 fps in each.

the only downside to the ps5 at all is the crappy HDD capacity, but they are allowing full third party support from nvme drives which couldn't be better, but i imagine a 2tb hdd nvme when it launches will be close to 400 dollars.

the only real difference between the two consoles is, you might find on a game to game basis the ps5 version looks better, but the series x can run 4 games at once.also both machines uses BRAND NEW gpu architecture, the real shit is there, what links all the parts of the gpu together and runs it all, optimises it all, for the first time ever consoles are getting a real technological leap at launch, instead of running off old software and hardware.

imagine putting your ps1 aside, and getting a ps3 instead of 2. that is this generation.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

How are you people not excited about next-gen games? I know there are plenty of great games for PS4, but still.. Wait 2 years to try PS5 games?

I'm not buying buying games at release, i'm waiting for complete editons (with dlcs i mean).Haven't done it since 2013 (GTA V) and i will do it only for Last of Us 2 and maybe FF7 Remake this year.

Also my backlog from ps4,ps3,psv and the games in my wishlist for those 3 systems can last me till ps6 release date. Completion takes time

• Like 1