Anyone Getting The Game?

BigPete7978

Yep... pre-ordered and am awaiting the arrival of my physical copy. Apparently there was/is an issue with the global shipping to the retailers and we will have to wait for our discs until Friday. :(   

they said that there is a chance it will arrive tomorrow or Thursday at my local eb games but they also said it is more likely to arrive on Friday.

I plan on getting a physical copy when they are available. I've heard from a few people that the PSN version won't activate tonight because of the shipment issues with the physical version, is there any truth to that?

Parker

Parker I can confirm via my local Gamestop manager that the PSN digital version will be locked for purchase until the physical copies ship. This is too make sure the retailers are not screwed over in the process.

Yes you can bet your ass I am getting this game! Pre-ordered the CE edition to get my clown mask and latex gloves lol

My copy arrived 2 days early from Amazon so I got a heist in last night. I didnt really have the time to play it, but I wont get near it all weekend so I figured the PS3 could sort patches etc for the next time I get a game in.

Seems to install a fair chunk to the HDD, but I didnt remember to check what size it was before I turned off for the night.

The first 3 trophies are got before you have even fired a shot in anger!

My copy arrived 2 days early from Amazon so I got a heist in last night. I didnt really have the time to play it, but I wont get near it all weekend so I figured the PS3 could sort patches etc for the next time I get a game in.Seems to install a fair chunk to the HDD, but I didnt remember to check what size it was before I turned off for the night.The first 3 trophies are got before you have even fired a shot in anger!

Wow! Two days early for you and two days and counting late for me. :S

Wow! Two days early for you and two days and counting late for me. :S

:( I even checked what you were at last night when I logged on to see if you were up for a game.

I would suggest a walk around before you head into Bodhi's cleaners, cause I wish I had, and I spent my first skill point on Ghost. My first mission was do $50K damage at a mall so take a walk around before you put the mask on as there is a sports car on the top floor that adds $10000 all by itself. It seemed that killing cops added to the damage total, but that may have been their shots wrecking stuff too.

Got me all excited but we have visitors all weekend so it will be most likely Tue before I get another heist in. :(

• Like 1

Got me all excited but we have visitors all weekend so it will be most likely Tue before I get another heist in. :(

The original release dates worked almost perfect around my work schedule. Tuesday will probably be my first chance to play it if it doesn't come in today. :|

The original release dates worked almost perfect around my work schedule. Tuesday will probably be my first chance to play it if it doesn't come in today. :|

If it doesnt show today then brother we can step out from safehouse on Tuesday with that silly 20round AMCar and 9mm pistol on our way to making money ;)

Is the collector's edition mask going to be plastic?  And is this game best played with friends?  None of mine are getting this game.

It's more of Halloween type rubber mask.

20130816_125425_zpsa4d63ab2.jpg

Playing with friends is the best way to play this game, imo. I have met some really cool randoms from the first Payday that are still on my friend list to this day. One of the best parts about the first game was that earning trophies was the fastest way to level up because the trophies are tied to in game challenges. Even non trophy hunters were after trophies in order to level up. You're sure to come across a few Rambos that think they're going to carry the team, but all in all, Payday had a pretty good community that I hope carries over to Payday 2.