Two Point Hospital trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

5 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Fewer than on Steam.

Includes all the Steam achievements from the base game  except one (Peer-reviewed: Complete a Multiplayer Challenge), and all from the first two DLCs. 

The only other achievements missing are from the Close Encounters DLC, and the Superbug Initiative and REMIX updates. All of which aren’t on PS4. Hopefully they’re added later though. ?

8 hours ago, turniplord said:

Have you played the game...

It's not an easy game, it has a spik in difficulty as the majority of the game is random based on what patients you get and the natural events which occur on certain levels. I've played over 30 hours so far and had to repeat numerous missions to try and get three stars. Yes, it's a long platinum but it's also a difficult one - especially the DLC levels as they also ramp up the difficulty. 

A lot of people I talk to who also review games had given up on the game on PC after the first few islands due to the spike, I'm trying to stick with it but it's taking a very long time to even get one star in some places. 

Also, the game doesn't launch with sandbox, so you can't fudge a lot of the trophies like you probably could on PC - This is being added in March for free but I'm not sure if using that mode will disable trophies or not yet.

No, mine are speculations (I wrote "I read" because of not knowing first handly); reading that this is easier than Theme Hospital made me considering it easy, but if I'm wrong good to know.

I'll get this anyway, hoping I'll get plat/100% even for this (I 100%ed Surviving Mars and that's not easy nor user friendly).

Edited by gafpiratehook

8 hours ago, turniplord said:

I've played over 30 hours so far and had to repeat numerous missions to try and get three stars.

About this: maybe are requirements for 3 stars time sensitive? Asking because the need in retrying missions (I thought was only something like "cure 1000 patients in this hospital" or something like that). Difficulty is in the danger of bankruptcy or what? I'm trying to figure out what I'll need to deal with :D

3 minutes ago, gafpiratehook said:

About this: maybe are requirements for 3 stars time sensitive? Asking because the need in retrying missions (I thought was only something like "cure 1000 patients in this hospital" or something like that). Difficulty is in the danger of bankruptcy or what? I'm trying to figure out what I'll need to deal with :D

Nothing time sensitive in terms of the in-game star process. It’s basically achieve 3 or 4 tasks to get a star then complete another 3 or 4 harder ones to get the next, then the same for the last. However, unless you’re careful with your money, only build the things you need, train up staff and have enough but not too many of them, and always update your hospital to meet demand, you can easily fall into the red with your money. 

once you hit minus 300k, it’s game over and you either reload or start again. I found it easier to simply start again and try a different tactic or focus on different rooms and priorities to start with. 

the trophies themselves will come naturally (apart from a few like the mono beast one which will be a pain to get) over the course of all the levels. To achieve all of them, you need to get three stars in every hospital which isn’t bad at first until the natural disasters, epidemics, climate and increasing number of illnesses and unique rooms come into play. 

For me, theme hospital was much easier to complete as it doesn’t have anywhere near as many random occurrences as this game. However, if the sandbox mode (which is coming next month) doesn’t disable trophies, you could probably abuse that to get a few of them, just not the campaign-based ones. 

51 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

As a Theme Hospital vet the list looks good to me. I’m glad they took out the MP trophy tho.

I don’t care about the rng or length of plat, as long as it’s a great Hospital game I’m just going to enjoy my time with it.

The multiplayer that wasn’t included wasn’t really multiplayer. When it launched on pc you could initiate a challenge with your friends (even if they’re offline) and it would do a random event like see who cures the most people in a year on any level. It was easy and if you did it when nobody was online, you always won.

So, they totally remade the MP (well, co-op) aspect last year so it’s more involved but the same concept - taking challenges to work together and achieve something as a group. This is the superbug initiative, a mode which is being patched into the console versions next month.

So, they ‘may’ add a new batch of trophies for it, it all depends on what they decide to do. It is a free update though, so everyone will get it and I imagine you won’t need psplus for it as you’re not technically playing together at the same time. 

• Like 3

Someone knows what to do for the furry good review trophy? The yeti gives me random plus 15 or negative 15 ratings O.O I don't get what the yeti needs for a full 20 rating

/edit

OK nvm. Got it. But didn't change anything... 

Edited by M-3llo-W

Just a heads up it sometimes crashes when you quick save when exiting. I lost 21 stars and about 10 hours of gameplay as it corrupted my file. So make sure save before exiting with the save career option. Just managed to get back up to 15 stars....

• Like 4