Is it possible to connect to someone with a VR set for assistance in completing the VR DLC trophies?

dieselmanchild

1 hour ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Clearly I did, as evident in my previous post, I just didn't agree with it. I mentioned trophy OCD but I don't think a minority within a minority should dictate how trophies are done for the vast majority. Additional bonus trophies for VR owners is a nice small plus in my eyes and ultimately you can either get on board with that and ditch your trophy OCD or stay trapped by it, but the world isn't going to change just for you 1f615.png

Man, did you even read what I said? What difference would it make to have a separate list ? (with more trophies, in addition...) This would satisfy EVERYONE. Just like MM did with LBP2 back in the day (before introducing a DLC which required the Vita...)

19 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

Man, did you even read what I said?

Not gonna lie, finding it slightly insulting how you keep telling me I've either missed the point or haven't read what you've said when I demonstrably have, especially since you don't appear to be giving me the same courtesy and have overlooked much of my previous posts.

Your proposed solution doesn't make sense to me if I'm honest and certainly wouldn't satisfy the majority in practice, paid DLC and free update trophies are already seperate via the split of Base Game/DLC. I understand what you're saying about a clean game list split (yes, see, I have read and understood what you said) but let's be real, how silly would it be to have a seperate game list entirely for a handful of trophies which are tied to a pre-existing game. It's messy and where do you draw the line? All peripherals? All paid DLC get seperate lists? Any additional trophies at all? I have played (according to a competitor) 230 seperate DLCs, imagine how messy my trophy list would look with all those listed as 230 game lists, and that's probably not including early PS3 titles which didn't split the DLC from the Base Game.

There's a few examples where it's been necessary to split off (Hitman 2, Train Sim etc.) because it appears Playstation can only support so many trophies/expansions in one game listing. But all content whether paid or free for the game in question should be tied to the game in question unless it's a standalone such as VR versions of some other games or standalone DLCs having their own lists.

There are exceptions to the rule, as with any rule. But a well structured trophy system with clear rules like this benefits the majority, or, at least the majority who are aware of trophies. The more casual audience who play a couple rounds of FIFA or CoD on a weekend would be completely indifferent to any of this, I admit that.

• Like 1

When I bought “Concrete Genie” I knew that, probably, I was never going to have a VR set. The fact that the 100% would be unachievable for me never bothered me.

I’m glad I bought the game and I definitely recommend it. I urge PS Plus subscribers to not skip this game, because you don’t have a VR set. “Concrete Genie” is a wonderful and unique experience.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I mentioned trophy OCD but I don't think a minority within a minority should dictate how trophies are done for the vast majority.

You’re right, of course, and at the end of the day the VR stuff is just free extra content which we should be grateful for.

However, that doesn’t change the fact that it’s annoying as fk leaving a game unfinished (probably forever) because of 3 piddly little trophies that cost $500+ to unlock if you really want them that bad. No matter what the reason is, it always annoys me when I have to leave games unfinished. But the VR trophies in this game were particularly irksome to me. ?

10 hours ago, whittle181 said:

Are the VR trophies part of a paid DLC or a free in-game update?

I believe it was a free update they patched in. So that’s a plus at least. But afaik there’s not a lot of content there, it’s something like a short tutorial and then a VR free paint area.

EDIT: I should also add that I hope this thread doesn’t put anyone off trying this game when it’s on PS+ this month. Unless you’ve got crippling OCD or something, it’s worth it because it’s quite a wonderful experience and beautiful, vibrant little game. Easy platinum too. There’s little reason not to check it out!

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 4

Does it kind of annoy me that the 100% is locked behind VR? Yes, but I’ll gladly play through the game and snag the platinum, February’s gonna be a great month as I own none of the PS+ offerings for once so I’ll be able to finally play through Control (plus it’s two DLCs) and Concrete Genie. And then I’ll have the car arena game in my library if I ever pickup a PS5

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Does it kind of annoy me that the 100% is locked behind VR? Yes, but I’ll gladly play through the game and snag the platinum, February’s gonna be a great month as I own none of the PS+ offerings for once so I’ll be able to finally play through Control (plus it’s two DLCs) and Concrete Genie. And then I’ll have the car arena game in my library if I ever pickup a PS5

Haha for me it’s the opposite. This is the first time since I joined Ps+ that I’ve owned and completed all the games on offer. But regardless, this is a pretty fantastic month (especially for trophy hunters) so I’m excited for all the people who get to experience these games for the first time.

I am excited to be able to 100% Control though! As I said above, I hate leaving games unfinished. I was waiting for a sale down the line, but getting the DLCs for free will save me some cash. I just hope my save file is compatible with the ultimate edition.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Haha for me it’s the opposite. This is the first time since I joined Ps+ that I’ve owned and completed all the games on offer. But regardless, this is a pretty fantastic month (especially for trophy hunters) so I’m excited for all the people who get to experience these games for the first time.

I am excited to be able to 100% Control though! As I said above, I hate leaving games unfinished. I was waiting for a sale down the line, but getting the DLCs for free will save me some cash. I just hope my save file is compatible with the ultimate edition.

Yeah, it definitely is different for everyone, it’s months like these where those that own the games are happy for the people who get to experience them. Also, on the note of ‘being good for trophy hunters’ I don’t know why but I swear a few months ago I looked into getting Control and thought it was like a 7+/10, tons of mis sables, insanely difficult DLC trophies, etc. Don’t know what game I’m miss interpreting it for. Can’t wait to check out these games once again!

47 minutes ago, shai_sr12345 said:

I have one question, is the vr require for in game main story 100% save data?!. Or it's just for the 100% trophy list?

If it's for 100% main game save data, it's time to Buy one, i did plan to get it on disc but dud get it free now so i will play it eventually. 

Only the DLC has mandatory VR, the core game has no VR functions at all.

• Like 1

I'm just glad you can get the platinum without VR as that would be extremely annoying. Really looking forward to playing through it.

100% means very little to me when I have so many other games in my backlog. If I really enjoy a game, I'll try to 100% it post-plat, like TLOU1, Rocket League, Minecraft DLC and even Mafia 3 (as they gave the DLC out for free). 

But then there are games like Arkham Knight where the plat was fairly simple, but the DLC would be a chore to 100% lol.

I bought this game last summer fully knowing I will never get the VR mode trophies.  Frankly, to be blunt, I don't give a flying fuck about VR or trophies tied to VR modes.  As long as not doing it doesn't lock out a platinum trophy for a game that isn't primarily VR, I am fine with it being DLC trophies.  I generally don't bother with DLC unless it's interesting and missing out on completing it doesn't bother me. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 7:44 AM, bosstristan said:

You didn't get the point. The issue it not the game supporting VR or adding VR content. The issue is that a game which can originally be played and completed without a VR, adds trophies which require a VR to its list.

The ideal would have been to have a seperate list, like MM did with Sabckboy's prehistoric moves, and everyone would have been satisfied.

Also, you speak about the platinum accessibility, well you'll be shocked to know that there are completionists out there (which I'm part of) who see these 'extra' trophies as a malus more than a bonus. (Those who do not own a VR of course).

If developpers cared at all about even the minorities out there, they would have added a totally different list, or would have made the add-on playable without VR, or would not have added any trophy unobtainable without a VR.

Super Stardust Ultra was one of the first to do this. It introduced DLC that requires a PS VR to play it, and this was over a year and a half after the game was released by Housemarque.

For everyone else they look at this argument as every bit as stupid as those who avoided Ghost of Tsushima because to get to 100 percent they have to play the Raids DLC which requires them to play online with other players.

I feel for the people that want to maintain their 100 percent. I will be happy with just keeping mine in the 90s because I know I won’t be talented enough to solo those dlc achievements in uncharted. Also, I think getting a platinum in every game you play is a good enough goal, especially with the random dlc that gets released on great games. Not gonna pull my hair out for perfect completion, but respect people that choose to avoid games with crazy difficult dlc. Not for me, but can understand people that do it.  Too bad you couldn’t play the VR mode without VR just like watching a 3D movie without the glasses, I wish they would let you try at least. 

• Like 3

On 1/31/2021 at 4:12 PM, bosstristan said:

Man, did you even read what I said? What difference would it make to have a separate list ? (with more trophies, in addition...) This would satisfy EVERYONE. Just like MM did with LBP2 back in the day (before introducing a DLC which required the Vita...)

Can always play it on a different profile. Ya know. To enjoy the game itself. That is what gaming is for.

Edited by Sn1per666999
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/13/2020 at 10:56 PM, rolltideroll157 said:

No the only thing stupid here is the fact that the only reason you won’t buy it is because of that. trophies should never determine what you play or don’t play.

Well said. Also, it's stupid to not buy it because of devs supporting VR.