List of all DLCs with notable 'hard' events

AJ_Radio

On 4/1/2020 at 11:28 AM, StanPortrBridges said:

I struggled with Elements, but I feel like it prepared me for Finish Line as that was the first one I started. I truly didn't think I'd beat any of them after starting finish line, my thoughts were "holy shit no one actually played these DLC's except the car nerds" as I was NOT prepared for how hard this was gonna be. I was thinking I might as well go play GT Sport if I'm gonna struggle and rage over a racing game. I beat Elements last night, venom hot lap 2 I got super lucky that I finally got the car to not break down and barely scrounged a win. But it did take like 2 hours... I went to finish line afterwards and did most of it but it's still a pretty big challenge. Right now this Clocking Off ghost is driving me nuts, the car goes airborne on every slight bridge and it spins me out, I watch videos the people going faster than me aren't spinning out!! Ugh. Idk How I completed the one event where it was literally 0 visibility and it was a 10 person race in a championship I think, venom hot lap 2 wasnt bad in terms of visibility as I had the ghost lighting my way basically.

The amount of game owners for Driveclub in contrast to the amount of game owners for Driveclub Bikes is astounding.

I basically bought everything including Bikes since it's basically the same goddamn game application for fucks sake. Finish Line is easily the toughest DLC on that list, I already made mention of that in my OP.

Gran Turismo Sport? No thanks. I may pick up Gran Turismo 6 in the future once this C Virus crap dies down and people finally go outside, though it's a little doubtful since I don't like racing simulators much to begin with.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:28 AM, StanPortrBridges said:

If I get this finish line done, Im moving onto the other hard ones so I can snooze through the rest of the DLC's. Though tbh nothing is sticking, I'm just kinda tailgating the ghost and then seeing certain parts that he slows down at and I instead speed up and scrounge a win, I don't actually know what I'm doing lol. So far I highly prefer the non super/hyper car events as I can actually hold down the gas and turn or drift without the car doing donuts. I still highly prefer this over something like Need for speed unleashed 2, that game was literally unplayable with how hard it was and its brutal perfect AI. I'd do anything to delete that one trophy I have from it <:(

My dumbass has OCD and I spent money on these DLC's so I have to finish them to avoid clawing my skin off. I'm considering opening a fruitless gaming session where I can shareplay a event or two.

10 minutes later edit: Beat the Clocking Out event on finish line. The theory that Complaining on the internet boosts power level continues to be proven true. Onto Torque!

Don't share play this one. You'll get much more satisfaction and fun out of beating these events yourself.

The only Need for Speed games I might pick up are Need for Speed Rivals and Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Not interested in any of the new NFS games, but I think arcade racers are much more fun than simulators.

Bitching will boost your power level, as anyone who follows my posts has seen over the past few years.

3 hours ago, StanPortrBridges said:

losing the driving lines the online provided does make the game a tinge harder though. The driving lines the game would randomly give during venom hot lap helped a lot.

This French Connection race in Torque is no joke, barely beat it. Youtube videos say its as hard as the elements DLC so hopefully after this DLC it's all easy street...hopefully.

Yeesh neither is this Atomic Theory race. This go kart with a rocket loves spinning out when you even go near the R2 button. Luckily you can crash into the first corner at 160 mph and gain a huge lead over the ghost that way.

Torque is done. The AI here were super competitive, the championship races I could barely stay ahead in 1st if at all, would settle for 2nd place and squeak out a 1st place in the next race. I'm getting real sick of rain...

Rage edit: 2:31.782...2:31.398... for One Man One Engine...I just dont understand the last part of the track, its like the rain gets replaced with oil and I just lose all control of my car and the other car activates its nitro and blows by me...how in the world is it not spinning out???

Hour later edit: One Man. One Engine. DONE. Def the 2nd hardest event I've done so far, hot venom lap took like 2 hours and this took an hour, prolly cause hot venom lap forced me to git gud. 2:30.413, doesnt sound like much but that guy was RIGHT behind me

Torque is pretty tough, I'd probably rank it above Elements since Venom Hot Lap 2 was the ONLY event I really struggled with. In the Elements DLC the AI was pretty easy to overtake, in the Torque DLC they were pretty difficult. That endurance race was one of the toughest races I did in Driveclub.

I basically mentioned that One Man One Engine is easily one of the toughest events in the entire game. Took me nearly three hours to do alone, the same time it took me for Venom Hot Lap 2.

AMG is the toughest DLC in Driveclub, followed by Torque. I'd place Elements, Pacesetter and Velocity somewhere below them.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

On 1/4/2020 at 0:28 PM, StanPortrBridges said:

10 minutes later edit: Beat the Clocking Out event on finish line. The theory that Complaining on the internet boosts power level continues to be proven true. Onto Torque!

Alright! I fanlly beat this game! I got my 96%, and man, this is so satisfaying... Thanks to all you guys who helped me with this quest with your insights, tips and recommendations! This quest is over for me, and damn.... Never expected to be finally here!

VHL2 wasn't that difficult, because I used all my force, wisdom, skills, tricks and abilities that I gather from doing all the goddamn DLC (incluiding all my rage, which made me enter into my Gear Second stage). Really. It took me around and hour to understand the track, and get used to the vehicle again: 3 slight curves, 2 closed ones following; then a huge lap that you need to take it wide open, followed by 2 small corners; then a brief straight that face you agaisnt a crooked right-turn; following a slight turn by the final semi-curve that precedes the end (gave me PSTD but fuck it). 

If I can give any advice to anyone trying to 100% this game, the key is to beat first the Main Campaign Tour, as it allows you to get the learning curve properly, then hop into medium difficulty DLCs like Ignition or Turbocharged. Then move directly to AMG. The struggle that you're going to face is unforgettable, but shit... It's like muscles when you are sore: due the fatige, the recovery will give you the gains. Simple as that. Once you get the main thing, you now how to throttle properly, to smash R2 repetedly as doing it as a freaking fighting game within a red curve and sometimes in green ones, and when to just hold it down in straight sectors. 

And obviously yes, rampaging, making tantrums and bitching around with unknown people who feel the same amount of pain and striffe boost your power af!!

Thank you all!?:platinum:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Alright! I fanlly beat this game! I got my 96%, and man, this is so satisfaying... Thanks to all you guys who helped me with this quest with your insights, tips and recommendations! This quest is over for me, and damn.... Never expected to be finally here!

VHL2 wasn't that difficult, because I used all my force, wisdom, skills, tricks and abilities that I gather from doing all the goddamn DLC (incluiding all my rage, which made me enter into my Gear Second stage). Really. It took me around and hour to understand the track, and get used to the vehicle again: 3 slight curves, 2 closed ones following; then a huge lap that you need to take it wide open, followed by 2 small corners; then a brief straight that face you agaisnt a crooked right-turn; following a slight turn by the final semi-curve that precedes the end (gave me PSTD but fuck it). 

If I can give any advice to anyone trying to 100% this game, the key is to beat first the Main Campaign Tour, as it allows you to get the learning curve properly, then hop into medium difficulty DLCs like Ignition or Turbocharged. Then move directly to AMG. The struggle that you're going to face is unforgettable, but shit... It's like muscles when you are sore: due the fatige, the recovery will give you the gains. Simple as that. Once you get the main thing, you now how to throttle properly, to smash R2 repetedly as doing it as a freaking fighting game within a red curve and sometimes in green ones, and when to just hold it down in straight sectors. 

And obviously yes, rampaging, making tantrums and bitching around with unknown people who feel the same amount of pain and striffe boost your power af!!

Thank you all!1f603.png:platinum:

After reading Spaz's break down, I was literally about to say that AMG was what I cut my teeth on.
When I first bought DriveClub on launch day, I was horrific at the game and didn't even beat it. Over the years, I got some of the base game done and when I started to take the game seriously and bought all the DLC, instead of going by the order listed on PSNProfiles, I went in the order that appeared in the DLC list. AMG came first so I had to bust my balls to learn the game and actually clear it.

AMG is the DLC that literally teaches you control because it was near impossible to drift with any car. You literally have to learn how to corner and break, which then translates to better technical skill in managing other cars.

AMG is like the DriveClub version of Dark Souls. Once you understand the fundamentals, the rest of it is pretty easy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShianKiri said:

AMG is like the DriveClub version of Dark Souls. Once you understand the fundamentals, the rest of it is pretty easy.

Couldn't have been better described. Beat "Back to Black" first. It teaches you everything. "One Man, One Engine" is tough, but honestly in my opinion BtB IS the crème de la crème. Far from doing OMOE or VHL2, that one will show you the thing with cornering. timing, acceleration and so on. Also, hop inmediatly to Velocity or Pacesetter. Not because is difficult, but it can save you time because you're now ready for the rest of the game. Then, follow the order that I put in other post here, or the one from Luke

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 11:07 PM, StanPortrBridges said:

M9adfbb.pngDifficulty - 8

This was the first DLC I started, and man was THAT a mistake. The very first event is a very fast, unwieldy car, on a wet course with a fast ghost AND you need a good drift score. I tried the other events and they weren't any better, this honestly made me drop the whole game and rethink why I even got the DLC in the first place if it was going to be this hard. BUT, after reading this thread and a similar one, I went to Elements, beat that came back here and cleared it though it was still pretty difficult.

I saved this one for last because for me it was the toughest DLC pack in Bikes. It wasn't as tough at that point because I played enough of the game to get it done in a few short hours. It's pretty difficult starting out.

On 4/2/2020 at 11:07 PM, StanPortrBridges said:

M8f3863.pngDifficulty - 9

Very competitive AI. Atomic Theory was a huge curveball with a strange vehicle that controls like no other. I actually had to cheese that event with a crash in the very beginning because it was faster than slowing down and then barely inching out the AI. Then theres French Connection, where its a 1v1 but the opponent has a MUCH better car than you. This will put your cornering abilities to the test as there is NO other way of catching up. Once you get near him you HAVE to ram him and just stay ahead. This will teach you about defending your position and how to exploit and bully the AI.

The endurance race here is very difficult. You're on a windy track with a lot of sharp turns and you have to be in the top 2 finish. You have to drive very well in this event. I thought Torque was more difficult than Elements when it came to competitive AI, only Venom Hot Lap 2 edges it out, but just barely.

Probably the second hardest DLC pack for me to finish behind only AMG.

On 4/3/2020 at 2:30 AM, Lance_87 said:

Nah, the worst car ever is the Ariel Atom on rainy tracks xD

You can just cheese that time trial by crashing into the walls. I gave up trying to do it legit, that vehicle was too frustrating to control with precision.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Every Driveclub dlc took about 1-2 hours (except AMG), so they were pretty easy i would say, but AMG dlc was definitely the hardest and it took almost 4 play hours, One Man One Engine time trial really took some skill and patience to get the 3 stars.

I really liked Driveclub and enjoyed playing it.

Underrated racing game imo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TuomasH92 said:

Every Driveclub dlc took about 1-2 hours (except AMG), so they were pretty easy i would say, but AMG dlc was definitely the hardest and it took almost 4 play hours, One Man One Engine time trial really took some skill and patience to get the 3 stars.

I really liked Driveclub and enjoyed playing it.

Underrated racing game imo.

I wasn't and still am not that experienced with racing games, so it took me a bit longer to finish each DLC.

Definitely agree with AMG. One Man One Engine tested my patience. The wet track made it difficult to be ahead of the ghosts.

I've looked at Riptide, Beach Buggy Racing, Crash Team Racing, Sonic Team Racing and Monster Energy Supercross as potential racing games. Don't know if they're any good or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I wasn't and still am not that experienced with racing games, so it took me a bit longer to finish each DLC.

Definitely agree with AMG. One Man One Engine tested my patience. The wet track made it difficult to be ahead of the ghosts.

I've looked at Riptide, Beach Buggy Racing, Crash Team Racing, Sonic Team Racing and Monster Energy Supercross as potential racing games. Don't know if they're any good or not.

CTR and Sonic Team Racing are great fun, especially with friends, but both are arcade kart racers. Beach Buggy Racing is as well, but is definitely a low budget experience. I haven't played Riptide nor Monster Energy Supercross yet

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ConAir said:

CTR and Sonic Team Racing are great fun, especially with friends, but both are arcade kart racers. Beach Buggy Racing is as well, but is definitely a low budget experience. I haven't played Riptide nor Monster Energy Supercross yet

Most indie games are low budget, they don't have the resources to make something like Dirt Rally 2.0 or Driveclub.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

Most indie games are low budget, they don't have the resources to make something like Dirt Rally 2.0 or Driveclub.

Yes, I know, but I had some friends over last year when we played it. Everybody confirmed the experience, but we also agreed that it was definitely fun to play. So, the presentation didn't hurt the experience. 

14 hours ago, Spaz said:

I've played only Riptide games, GP2 and GP Renegade.

They were decent games for the price. On Renegade there was some challenge too.

Edited by TuomasH92

7 hours ago, TuomasH92 said:

Doesn't look like anything overly challenging.

May pick them up down the road sometime.

• 6 months later...

@Spaz Just wanted to say thanks. Your list was very helpful! When I started to go for 100% I wasn't sure if I could make it but I just scrolled through your list and started with the DLCs you marked as "easy" and got a feeling for the game event by event. I'm not trying to brag but after getting better and better all hard DLCs were pretty doable, most events can be aced on first try and even Venom Hot Lap 2 took me less than 10 tries. Would've been impossible without playing all the "easy" events first and getting confident with the racing, cars and tracks. The only event that took me 1 or 2 hours was this Scotland time trail in pouring rain where you had to beat the time and ace two out of three sectors at the same time. Damn, that event looked gorgeous but was really stressful. ?

So if anyone is struggling or afraid of starting play the DLCs Spaz listed as easy or easier first, it makes a huge difference. Thanks again.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2020 at 8:13 PM, TuomasH92 said:

I still haven't managed to finish the final challenges in GP Renegade. I mean i managed to complete the Ultimate races but that's it. I just hate the Slaloms.

GP2 was a lot easier though. I don't even why but i thought that GP Renegade was a remake/remastered/updated version of Riptide GP, but it's actually a third game. I've played GP Renegade before GP2 without knowing that lmao.

Edited by Lance_87

On 11/28/2020 at 3:16 PM, woggly4 said:

@Spaz Just wanted to say thanks. Your list was very helpful! When I started to go for 100% I wasn't sure if I could make it but I just scrolled through your list and started with the DLCs you marked as "easy" and got a feeling for the game event by event. I'm not trying to brag but after getting better and better all hard DLCs were pretty doable, most events can be aced on first try and even Venom Hot Lap 2 took me less than 10 tries. Would've been impossible without playing all the "easy" events first and getting confident with the racing, cars and tracks. The only event that took me 1 or 2 hours was this Scotland time trail in pouring rain where you had to beat the time and ace two out of three sectors at the same time. Damn, that event looked gorgeous but was really stressful. 1f605.png

So if anyone is struggling or afraid of starting play the DLCs Spaz listed as easy or easier first, it makes a huge difference. Thanks again.

Really appreciate the input. Sorry it took me this long to make a response. I definitely tried to list what would be hard in each DLC pack.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great thread, AJ_Radio. Appreciating hearing everyone's experiences with Driveclub and its DLC.

Good update, too, @StanPortrBridges.

I've been saving Driveclub for my next Platinum trophy milestone. I've been trying some of the DLC, and the road races I've played are tough. I'll be coming back to this thread for advice this year.

So gutted that I missed out on the Driveclub Bikes DLC. Still, I'm looking forward to cleaning up all the Driveclub trophies I can this year.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Spaz said:

Appreciate the input @DK33per

Only a few people have access to this game now due to the delisting over a year ago, which is a shame. 

Nice one, @Spaz.

Yep. When I spotted Driveclub was going to get delisted, I picked up the base game, season pass, and what I assumed was all the DLC, during a spring or summer sale in 2019. At the time, I hadn't intended to play Driveclub Bikes, and didn't know the version I bought would force me to play with the Bikes update activated.

In hindsight, I should have just grabbed the Bikes DLC for full price and/or double checked all the DLC packs before the game was delisted in August 2019.

It bugs the completionist in me that I'm missing content and may never get to enjoy ticking off both trophy lists 100%. But, it's a lessen learnt.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Many thanks for the guide @AJ_Radio It was well written and braced me for the hard events in each DLC.

I referred back to it every time I started a new DLC. I found AMG not as hard as it was cracked up to be. By the time I got round to it I had been through the absolute worst races to the lead up and had gotten used to racing with a supercar that doesn't handle well in the rain. 

I really disliked the rain events and Venom Hot Lap 2 can go fuck itself. That was the hardest event for me. Been a few years since I did Venom Hot Lap 1 but I also remember that being a bugger to complete.

The tour finale in Elements also deserves a special dishonourable mention for having thr worst conditions for racing in any game I have played. Pure darkness and heavy snowfall with extremely poor visibility tested my patience, especially given the fact it was 4 gruelling laps of increasing hazardous weather conditions.

Glad to finally get the 100% in the first PS4 game I got back in 2014. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2022 at 6:16 PM, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Many thanks for the guide @AJ_Radio It was well written and braced me for the hard events in each DLC.

I referred back to it every time I started a new DLC. I found AMG not as hard as it was cracked up to be. By the time I got round to it I had been through the absolute worst races to the lead up and had gotten used to racing with a supercar that doesn't handle well in the rain. 

I really disliked the rain events and Venom Hot Lap 2 can go fuck itself. That was the hardest event for me. Been a few years since I did Venom Hot Lap 1 but I also remember that being a bugger to complete.

The tour finale in Elements also deserves a special dishonourable mention for having thr worst conditions for racing in any game I have played. Pure darkness and heavy snowfall with extremely poor visibility tested my patience, especially given the fact it was 4 gruelling laps of increasing hazardous weather conditions.

Glad to finally get the 100% in the first PS4 game I got back in 2014. 

Really appreciate the shoutout. I won't update the OP anymore because I think it contains everything people need to know about.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I bought the season pass after the delisting so i wasn't able to 100% the game due to the unavailability of certain cars like the Lambo's but i finished Elements, Velocity, Torque, Pace Setter and Evolution among others so i'm satisfied with what i've been able to salvage after the game was basically terminated. 

I have to say after all the dread i've been reading about Elements, i didn't find it harder than usual. There are dozens of rain tracks throughout the DLC's so the rain in Elements wasn't anything new or difficult. I had quite the shock after playing the third stage of the Elements GP when it's pitch black with snow but it's a very slow track and if you know the angles you can block the other cars once you're top 3. I finished Venom Hot Lap 2 in 15 minutes because i struggled a lot when playing the original Venom Hot Lap so i had to memorize all the angles, the only difference being a  slight adjustment due to the rain. Now, if i hadn't played Hot Lap 1 and went straight to Hot Lap 2 i can imagine the terror.

It's basically like a Souls game. The late game bosses are more difficult than the early ones, but you're also a lot more skilled, a lot more practiced and a lot more attuned to the patterns when you reach them, that you can beat them more easily. 

Great game, i'm really sad that i can't 100% it but it's my own fault for not buying the season pass earlier.