Trophy thoughts?

MegaPhantomThief

9 minutes ago, LesWriggles said:

I'm after picking this up, never got round to vanilla P5. I only want a single playthrough to the platinum though, should I wait for a trophy guide in regards to missable trophies? Also, how long for the plat as a complete newcomer to the series?

You could probably Platinum this game without a guide, and yes you can do it in a single playthrough unlike vanilla P5.

That being said, there's a guide on GameFaqs that relies a lot on save scumming, but it does make sure you get to the new part and max your social stats. I honestly don't think there are missables, and also a lot of the new trophies are gained automatically.

The Reaper is the only tricky one if you don't level up a bit, everything else is piss-easy compared to vanilla P5.Time to platinum, without skipping dialogues, events or cutscenes?

100+ hours if you do the bare minimum, I guess. Hard to say, it has more story content but way less mandatory missions/minigames and "grindy" elements.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 8:13 PM, ToaElnida said:

I am glad that they removed the Golden Finger and Guardian of the Pond trophies, as those were the absolute worst trophies to get.

But I am sad that I cannot get another Futaba trophy ToT

Lets not forget the Passionate Listener trophy! First playthrough, got it no problem. Replaying it and it was the bane of my existence!

On 3/23/2020 at 3:43 PM, MinatoIsDeadLol said:

They seem very simple compared to the base game, the only challenge I see is facing the reaper without the the Flu Season exploit. Even then, Safe mode exists, so these seems like a 3/10 for me, with a confirmed 150 or so hour playthrough

Reaper isn't too bad with the right persona setup. You'll definitely want a persona that's almost immune to everything though

On 3/24/2020 at 5:29 PM, T-R-M_GameWiz said:

Holy shit I love this list compared to the original. Seems like it’s focused on just enjoying yourself whilst in P5 half the time I was micromanaging everything to make sure I didn’t miss something and it made my experience worse. This is awesome

Exactly. I am fine with hard trophies but trophy lists that require you to have your head stuck in a guide lest you miss something are not fun. 

With all the grinding trophies taken out, this could be platinumed in less than 30 hours, or even 20 probably if one was to know what they were doing or using the right walkhrough.

I want to put something together for this, just not quite sure yet what, its great not having the grind.

Im going to see what I can do ;)

• Like 2

No '250 dialogue lines', no 'Read every book, play every game, watch every DVD and Max every social link', no '100% compendium'. I actually think this one is a bit too easy. Which is strange. All of the usual time-consuming trophies that required meticulous time-management or just straight-up grinding are all gone. It's probably easy to do this in one playthrough. Forget doing that in 4 and 5, NG+ was almost essential for the platinum. Probably shaves about 40 hours off the time-to-beat

On 3/26/2020 at 8:14 AM, RGCommander said:

So without spoilers, on 1-10 scale, how important/involved is Kasumi to the story? I was considering playing this (platted vanilla) but if shes just a side character for like 1 palace or so it's not worth me redoing the whole game.

She's important for the Royal true ending

Incredibly simple plat and done all in one playthrough. I was originally worrying about the Reaper since the Flu Season exploit was patched but it turned out rather simple after letting it ambush me and using Thermoplyae. I'm going to try and get all the Thieves Den awards to make up for the easyness of the plat, I'm somewhat happy it isn't a 2/3 playthrough plat like Golden or the base game but I'm also a little sad too.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:40 AM, Optinooby said:

With all the grinding trophies taken out, this could be platinumed in less than 30 hours, or even 20 probably if one was to know what they were doing or using the right walkhrough.

I want to put something together for this, just not quite sure yet what, its great not having the grind.

Im going to see what I can do ;)

I absolutely love your guide, so this would be very welcome to the community!

17 minutes ago, NoxRaijin said:

I absolutely love your guide, so this would be very welcome to the community!

Thanks bud, im putting it up in video format as I make my way through, the video guide is more optimal than you would think as I am editing out all unneccesary story elements:

I have been sort of doing the text one, will see how it goes, just so time consuming to keep the quality up.

Edited by Optinooby

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...