Rumor: Resident Evil 4 Remake Coming on 2022 and Resident Evil 1 and Code: Veronica X Remake may be coming

DarkLordSHTR

11 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

It should be 0 next, it's the last fixed camera game other than the first Remake. And we haven't seen Rebecca in a long time other than that CG movie, unless they are saving her for Revelations 3 or 8 I would understand why they wouldn't want a Remake and new entry featuring the same character.

Although if it isn't Resident Evil, I hope it's Dino Crisis like the others here.

My stance on 4Remake is: I don't think it's needed. You can say that Resident Evil ended with 3 and was Rebooted with 4.
While first 3 games stories are somewhat up for debate, 4 made it more concrete and created a start of an actual timeline.
The gameplay is also fine in my opinion. Moving and shooting in 4 will break the game and take away all atmosphere is creates. The tank controls aren't really a problem as strafing isn't really needed as it is in RE5.
Just my two cents.

This is what i agrreee with 110%! Re0!! Should be next! Rebecca chambers is my fav re character of all time and then jill and LEON ?

YEAH!we dont need re1,re4 or veronica remade! Their allready as remasters on ps4 with plats exept 4 tho(ro shame it didnt get a plat) when all these 30sec ugly stacks gets an plat...

But your post i really agree with about re0!

They can do dino crysis 1 and 2 tho , i wanna re experiance those 2 ?

22 hours ago, majob said:

Re4 honestly doesn't need a remake since its gameplay still holds up well to this day. This is starting to get out of hand, they could be making a new game or at least remaking an older franchise we haven't seen in a while at the very least like Dino Crisis or Breath of Fire ( and no that mobile game does not count)

Bruh, the entire Resident Evil storyline is bad, it's supposed to be since it's in the vein of horror B movies. Re4 had spot on characters and great over the top moments and that's why it's still considered one of the best entries in the series

yeah I know it's just re4 was too action for me!I mean I remember playing the first 15' of the game and suddenly I see Leon make a back flip from the 1st floor and land on the ground...pfff give me a break...I didn't say it wasn't good but we all know that it is the reason that many crappy games followed...

Also I don't agree about the storyline that it is bad...it's just a zombie game it has decent storyline for what it is

Capcom asks if you want to see more Resident Evil remake

Shortly after the release of the Resident Evil 3 remake, Capcom conducted a survey about Resident Evil and asked if the players were interested in more Resident Evil remake.

Two questions stand out in the survey.

"If there was a new remake from the Resident Evil series, would you buy it?"
"If there was a new sequel from the Resident Evil series, would you buy it?"

According to recent rumors, the developer of the Resident Evil 3 remake, M-Two is working on a new remake project for Capcom. However, Resident Evil 8 is also being developed.

The biggest candidate for the next remake after Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 is the Resident Evil Code Veronica, originally released in 2000. Resident Evil 4 is already less likely to be ported to existing platforms.

Source

You can join the survey here.

RE4 is my favorite game of all time and to me it's already too good to be remade. I really want to see a Code Veronica remake. It's story could be done really well with a more serious, modern take. As much as I love CV, its characters and story are very much a product of the late 90's. It's really cheesy. It adds to the charm, but it wouldn't fit today's standards. I just hope they don't butcher Alexia's story like they did in Darkside Chronicles. 

Edited by Lilseb93

I would pay for a Resident Evil Code Veronica remake and also for a Resident Evil 1 remake as it was with 2 and 3 (yes, I don't f¨cking care what haters say, I liked the game even if I prefer the original). But as it is for myself, I'm not very interested on a Resident Evil 4 remake, I think the game is perfect as it is even for the present generation, perhaps the graphics could be the only thing they could update, but other than that I would suggest not to touch that game.

Kudos to Capcom for their work on the recent re-imagining of their franchise product line, Resident Evil!

But the ‘perfect’ scenario for me would be to see a remake of CV:X in early 2021 for PS4/PS5, and then a full-blown next-gen remake of the Dino Crisis series, starting in 2022.  That would be ‘Miracle on 34th Street’ magical...?

13 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

So it is RE4 Remake. Development led by M-Two (RE3 remake) with support from Capcom, slated for 2022.

I would prefer Code Veronica.

I wonder what is on the chopping block in re4, will they remove the castle level and the parts in the underground where you fight the boss IT. as if what I saw with re2 and 3 they seem to be removing a lot of stuff from the game.

I'm kinda torn on a remake of RE4. A lot of that game's charm comes from the campiness like the crazy melee moves you can do, the cheesy dialogue, and the ridiculous characters/boss battles. If they went down the route of RE2's remake with its focus on survival horror and realism, it would feel like a completely different game, and I don't know if that would be for the better. I guess you can say the same about the remakes of RE2 and RE3 as well, but unlike those games, RE4 has always had an over the shoulder camera and it still feels like a "modern" game (just with some finicky controls), so it would be much easier to directly compare the two if it got remade. It would feel more like an outright replacement.

A remake of RE4 does have the potential to be something great, but I don't know if Capcom can be trusted to do the original game justice, especially after what happened with RE3. But then again, RE2's remake was pretty amazing... I'll definitely give it a chance.

Well it seems to be official. 4 is getting a remake by the guys who did RE3Remake.

https://gamerant.com/resident-evil-4-remake-2022/

I just hope they don't make it grounded in reality. I want Leon to do suplexes and unwarranted roundhouse kicks. Hope they also keep "Hasta Luego."

Edited by BestUsername----

On 4/7/2020 at 5:41 PM, DarkLordSHTR said:

Capcom asks if you want to see more Resident Evil remake

Two questions stand out in the survey.

"If there was a new remake from the Resident Evil series, would you buy it?"
"If there was a new sequel from the Resident Evil series, would you buy it?"

Source

You can join the survey here.

I took the survey myself, I really do not see a reason to do a Re-Imagining of Re1 when there is a Great Remake already. RE4 depending on how much they cut out i might try it. I think they should try to make new games, I would be more interested in Revelations 3. Though I would probably play remakes or Re-Imaginings of the outbreak games as i never played those before.

Edited by Void