Rumor: Resident Evil 8/Resident Evil VIIIage coming

b1901b1d-1fdb-4b07-9279-15a7a90cf285.jpg

RESIDENT EVIL VIIIage

Rumors of the next Resident Evil game continue to come.

This time, according to the news of the Biohazard Cast site, Resident Evil 8 will be called Resident Evil VIIIage. In Resident Evil 7, Evil was written as 7 in the Roman numeral. Here, too, the same was done for Village.

Other details shared by Biohazard Cast site:

- The release date is the first quarter of 2021. It will be released for both the new generation and the current generation.
- The main character is Ethan Winters, but Chris Redfield will also play an important role in the game.
- The game will take place in a village in Europe. New gameplay mechanics such as hallucinations will make it difficult to distinguish what is real and what is imagination.
- The enemy character named The Witch will not chase Ethan. Like Marguerite in Resident Evil 7.
- Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 7 mix will have an inventory system.

No official announcement has been made from Capcom yet.

You can check the previous rumor news below.

Source 1

Source 2

Edited by DarkLordSHTR
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

Another one of these topics, huh.

First of all, this is not the source. The link you want to post is this one.

Secondly, the details came from an anonymous email.

First, this is a resource.
Second, as long as it is in line with the rules, I can open the topic I want.
Thirdly, all the titles I opened earlier were correct. Research and see.

Capisci?

20 minutes ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

Second, as long as it is in line with the rules, I can open the topic I want.

Did I say you couldn't? ?

23 minutes ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

First, this is a resource.

So? This is not the direct source. If you mean by "source" that this is where you saw the information, then fine.

25 minutes ago, DarkLordSHTR said:

Thirdly, all the titles I opened earlier were correct. Research and see.

Literally the first other topic I see when I scroll through your feed starts with "Rumor debunked".

16 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

That title idea is dumb as fuck.

Yep. And it also looks bad on that fan made banner.

Also, apparently Resident Evil 8 has been development, but has been scrapped in favor of Revelations 3, which is now repackaged as Resident Evil 8. 

https://www.gamesradar.com/latest-resident-evil-8-leak-suggests-it-is-a-retooled-revelations-3-set-for-launch-in-2021/

These are still all rumors so we should treat them as such. It's just fun to speculate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Void said:

will it be in third or first is the real question? i skipped 7 since i cannot play first person and i skipped the last 2 Re-Imaginings as well. If this was a Revelations 3 that was redone to 8 I might be interested. but until we get confirmed sources it is all just hearsay.

Pretty much all the reports say that it should be in first person mode. It would made sense, since they want to directly follow up on RE 7.

It's probably a placeholder or coded name. At most it may have "Village" as a sub-title much like "Biohazard" was for 7. The supernatural elements may come from the hallucinations if any of these leaks are correct, but I'm not sure if I'm behind the whole 4 mixed with 7 thing. 

Hope this isn't true since I didn't really like Ethan from 7. Also 'VIIlage' sounds really dumb, the 'Resident EVII' thing they did with 7 made sense since it fit really well. Here it feels like they just wanted to use a word where they could fit 'VIII' in. I will say that the setting has me a bit intrigued. Are there any hints at this being a first person like 7 was? I actually would quite like if it is first person since I thought they did a good job with 7.

Edited by PostGameBlues

Gematsu: Resident Evil 8 to Support PlayStation VR

37976c69-d390-46b2-a325-da2b782e94c6.jpg

As with Resident Evil 7, the next big game in the series seems to be playable on PlayStation VR.

According to the news of Gematsu, Resident Evil 8 will support the PlayStation VR virtual reality device.

Bloomberg's sources said that the new version of the PlayStation VR virtual reality device was prepared for PlayStation 5. It is said that the Resident Evil 8 will be released in 2021, when the PlayStation 5 is released.

Gematsu also stated that they heard the rumors about the Resident Evil 4 remake. Apparently the Resident Evil 8 and Resident Evil 4 remake is much more than a rumor.

RE4-Remake-Rumor_04-12-20.jpg

Source