Xbox One Forum

SantaMonicaZero

18 hours ago, SantaMonicaZero said:

I also think Game Pass is like the best thing in gaming. It allows me to pay $15 for a month of Ultimate and play new game for a low low cost.

I agree with this. Been subscribed to Xbox Game Pass for PC for a year now for only 3.99 € / month and the first month cost only 1 €. Having access to over hundred games and new games added monthly is just way too good offer to pass. I've never paid for subscription services but this one is just insanely good value. Just finished Streets of Rage 4 yesterday and now playing Yakuza Kiwami on Game Pass.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I love my Xbox and use it a shitload more than PS4. I don't have much to say here, but I am in support of this thread and wish it well.

Thanks for the support.

12 hours ago, Starcade_Legend said:

I think you misunderstood me.

If you look on your PSNProfiles page, it shows ‘Games Played’ (343) and ‘Games Completed’ (9), where as for me it’s 259 ‘Games Played’ (a lot of those are 0%} and 130-something ‘Games Completed’.  That’s what the average trophy hunter defines as ‘completing’ or ‘finishing’ a game.  With those parameters, I can’t do both Xbox and PlayStation ecosystem.

Of course I could play and beat a game on both, no problem with that!  Is that what you call a ‘TRUE’ gamer, to just beat a lot of games?  1f633.png

No, I said it DOESEN'T matter if your a low level or what you play. The "true" gamer tag is dumb. Everyone who plays games is a gamer, it's that simple.

3 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

I agree with this. Been subscribed to Xbox Game Pass for PC for a year now for only 3.99 € / month and the first month cost only 1 €. Having access to over hundred games and new games added monthly is just way too good offer to pass. I've never paid for subscription services but this one is just insanely good value. Just finished Streets of Rage 4 yesterday and now playing Yakuza Kiwami on Game Pass.

That's awesome to hear. Glad you like it! I also love PS Now with access to The Evil Within 2.

On 07/06/2020 at 7:11 AM, SantaMonicaZero said:

I also think Game Pass is like the best thing in gaming. It allows me to pay $15 for a month of Ultimate and play new game for a low low cost. I see Forza 7 for $20, good deal. When you just say X I get confused since there's the Series X and the One X. I won't buy a Series X for many reasons including financial. 

UPDATE lol you know what, i'm buying Forza 7 right now. $20 is too good of a deal to pass up.

Yes I understand. I probably won't bother with a PS5 for awhile but I will go the next X, I really like how Microsoft are moving at this year so far.

Enjoy Forza 7, the price is crazy right :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, r3viladdict said:

This is a forum where we can talk about anything related to Xbox One yes? I recently got Xbox One Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition! I have to say that I'm really happy with it. It looks just so sick design! I still have an original Xbox for Halo Combat Evolved & 2 and this is the second Xbox system I have now. I'm still new to it. I'm going to play Halo 3 & Alan Wake. Not sure what's next. Got one-month of Game Pass.  unknown.png?width=1194&height=671

unknown.png?width=1194&height=671

Yes this is for ANYTHING related to the Xbox One/S/X.

21 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Alan Wake is awesome, I think it's one it the best Xbox exclusives. 

Definitely. I got AW in 2016 with my Quantum Break console bundle. Didn't finish it until 2019 lol, I was lazy. I wish it were remastered or even remade. The new Control DLC is called "AWE" which goes into aspects of Alan Wake and Bright Falls!

On 6/7/2020 at 4:40 AM, SantaMonicaZero said:

I don't think there's a site just like this for xbox.

Really dude? Ever heard of https://www.trueachievements.com/. One of the first aggregate site created. much before even playstation trophies system was introduced. It’s a big community out there with fun community events related achievements etc. I own all playstation systems including Handhelds but prefer Xbox over playstation any day. I go by the same name supkris on Xbox too. Add me up on TA if you ever consider joining. Or let me know your xbox GT and I will send over an invite

there is also a parallel (URL not allowed) for playstation but is very less populated compared to psnp. 

13 hours ago, supkris said:

Really dude? Ever heard of https://www.trueachievements.com/. One of the first aggregate site created. much before even playstation trophies system was introduced. It’s a big community out there with fun community events related achievements etc. I own all playstation systems including Handhelds but prefer Xbox over playstation any day. I go by the same name supkris on Xbox too. Add me up on TA if you ever consider joining. Or let me know your xbox GT and I will send over an invite

there is also a parallel (URL not allowed) for playstation but is very less populated compared to psnp. 

It doesn't LOOK like PSN Profiles at all. I know it has the same features but it LOOKS different dude!

@DaivRules, is there any way to get this thread from popping up on the recent posts section of the main page?

As someone that doesn't have any xbox console, or any interest in them, I dont really care to keep seeing this pop up on the main page of a psn related site.  

Is this normal for off-topic threads?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

@DaivRules, is there any way to get this thread from popping up on the recent posts section of the main page?

As someone that doesn't have any xbox console, or any interest in them, I dont really care to keep seeing this pop up on the main page of a psn related site.  

Is this normal for off-topic threads?

This is under Consoles, just as the very active Switch thread for Switch Players thread, and this is considered the correct location for the thread, so it does display on the main page. This category will display on the main page.

I understand not having those consoles or interest in them, but if they're active enough to keep appearing on the main page, then the community here has enough interest for it to display there.

• Like 1

I have an xbone that I got in 2018 I think ? I had an Xbox last gen and I loved it, but I decided to go back to PlayStation this gen as there were better exclusives out by the time I was ready to swap over. I didn’t really get into gaming on the Xbox this gen as I far prefer the trophy system to the achievements. I like the satisfaction of earning a plat rather than just increasing gamer score. I also struggled to play for a long time on the Xbox this gen as the controller hurt my hands, though in general I do prefer the offset analog sticks. There are a lot of features I like with the Xbox (backwards compatibility being the main one and the fact that their game pass is so much better than PS Now) but I don’t really have the desire nor time to sink into completing games on both consoles which is why PlayStation is my main.

That being said, the straw that broke the camels back was when I was playing through San Andreas and going for 100% completion, the vehicle school achievement glitched on me and never popped. I’d done driving school, flight and boat school on one save file and even went back and did a speedrun through to flight school on a new save and got all gold medals and it still never popped. It’s probably my all time favourite game so not being able to “complete” it really annoyed me and I put my controller down never to pick it up again ?

The halo games were pretty fun though so I’m glad I got to try them out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

This is under Consoles, just as the very active Switch thread for Switch Players thread, and this is considered the correct location for the thread, so it does display on the main page. This category will display on the main page.

I understand not having those consoles or interest in them, but if they're active enough to keep appearing on the main page, then the community here has enough interest for it to display there.

I remember it was only last week this forum had 0 posts. Now look at it LOL.

On 09-06-2020 at 0:43 AM, r3viladdict said:

This is a forum where we can talk about anything related to Xbox One yes? I recently got Xbox One Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition! I have to say that I'm really happy with it. It looks just so sick design! I still have an original Xbox for Halo Combat Evolved & 2 and this is the second Xbox system I have now. I'm still new to it. I'm going to play Halo 3 & Alan Wake. Not sure what's next. Got one-month of Game Pass.  unknown.png?width=1194&height=671

DAMN! it looks great :)

I miss playing on XB1 (currently on PS4), I'm so excited about Series X!

On 6/6/2020 at 5:11 PM, SantaMonicaZero said:

I also think Game Pass is like the best thing in gaming. It allows me to pay $15 for a month of Ultimate and play new game for a low low cost.

It's a tremendous value, and a great service... but in my physical/collector brain there's something so inherently wrong about a Netflix-like service where you need to not only maintain a subscription fee to play any of your games, but is constantly shifting games out when licenses expire.

If you're the type to play a new game once as cheap as possible, and don't mind it eventually fading away completely into the aether someday, I can see why people love the service... but it's a good example of why digital shouldn't ever completely replace physical.

Edited by Dreakon13

4 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

It's a tremendous value, and a great service... but in my physical/collector brain there's something so inherently wrong about a Netflix-like service where you need to not only maintain a subscription fee to play any of your games, but is constantly shifting games out when licenses expire.

If you're the type to play a new game once as cheap as possible, and don't mind it eventually fading away completely into the aether someday, I can see why people love the service... but it's a good example of why digital shouldn't ever completely replace physical.

I agree. I used to have over 200 physical games from PS3 to PS4. I understand that mindset but I moved on. I just wanna play games now, not matter how or where I get them. I also think PS Now has incredible value, $25 for 3 months!

Any chance OP could fix spelling in title  :blink:

On a related note. My wife doesn't know it yet but I plan on picking up both next gen systems at some point. I still have a bajillion x360 games Id like to go back to and my kid would be interested in getting into some of these as well. I may be sleeping on the couch downstairs for awhile but since that's where the gaming systems are, how is this not a win win. :lol:

4 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

Any chance OP could fix spelling in title  :blink:

On a related note. My wife doesn't know it yet but I plan on picking up both next gen systems at some point. I still have a bajillion x360 games Id like to go back to and my kid would be interested in getting into some of these as well. I may be sleeping on the couch downstairs for awhile but since that's where the gaming systems are, how is this not a win win. :lol:

What? OP spelling in title??? Never mind I fixed it!

Edited by SantaMonicaZero
More Context

Even though I haven't played my Xbox One X recently (mainly because I'm working through my ps4 backlog), I've really enjoyed it. Mainly got it to just play Halo MCC, Forza Motorsport and Gears of War games. Still hoping to getting around to finishing off Gears of War 4 this summer and playing Gears 5 if I see it on sale.

My biggest dislike about the Xbox though is how much they push that gamepass crap. Great for people who just want stuff to play but I'd rather own the games I play then temporarily rent them. That said, I have gotten game pass for a month at a time, just to try out some games like Vermintide 2 and Void Bastards, with the intention of buying them later on in a sale if I enjoyed them.

I have no intention to get a Xbox Series X for a least a couple years since I'm pretty sure they said that their exclusive games will still come to Xbox One X for a couple years, but I do plan on getting one eventually. 

11 minutes ago, Barbeqmeister said:

I just got a cheap One S used. As someone who's never owned or even played an Xbox in their life, what exclusives or backwards compatibles that aren't on older playstations are must haves?

Already bought Quantum Break and Halo MCC, are there others?

Gears of War, Sunset Overdrive, Recore, Rare Replay, State of Decay, Sea of Thieves (though that is MP). That's all I can think of right now. It's 4:30am ?

On 18/06/2020 at 11:11 AM, Barbeqmeister said:

I just got a cheap One S used. As someone who's never owned or even played an Xbox in their life, what exclusives or backwards compatibles that aren't on older playstations are must haves?

Already bought Quantum Break and Halo MCC, are there others?

Forza Horizon 4 and the Gears of War series are pretty good picks. Then there's Cuphead, Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps if you haven't played them on PC or Switch.

• 5 months later...

Yakuza Remastered Collection coming to Game Pass (PC and Xbox) in January and Yakuza 6 a couple of months later! The whole main series will be playable on the service except the newest instalment hasn't been added yet. Lots of other interesting games too. 

At the moment they offer 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for 1 € / 1 $. Even at its normal price, Game Pass is the best value in gaming IMO.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...