ThatMuttGuy

It's 2020, where is Dark Mode for this site?

53 posts in this topic

Imo a dark mode theme would be nice considering that I have problems with brightness lol my eyes are pretty fucked up lately 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I wouldn't be against paying a modest yearly subscription fee if it meant we actually got the features we ask for.

 

But Dark Reader is definitely the way to go. I don't know how anyone can stand white backgrounds.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, EternalSophie said:

Imo a dark mode theme would be nice considering that I have problems with brightness lol my eyes are pretty fucked up lately 

They make glasses with a yellow tint to filter out light that causes headaches. Perhaps you should buy those or take breaks (every 15-20 minutes) from looking at the screen.

 

Edited by VoidVictory
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

 I don't know how anyone can stand white backgrounds.


Some of us don’t have a choice, like I said above, Dark Mode triggers headaches and migraines for me. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VoidVictory said:

They make glasses with a yellow tint to filter out light that causes headaches. Perhaps you should buy those or take breaks (every 15-20 minutes) from looking at the screen.

 


I used to have glasses with yellow tint years ago was going to get some this year but then that virus happened :/ 

 

and yeah I normally play games and look at my screen for only 30 mins each hour 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EternalSophie said:


I used to have glasses with yellow tint years ago was going to get some this year but then that virus happened :/ 

 

I’m not sure if they sell yellow tint, but eyebuydirect.com might have what you need.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I use a dark theme app for this site sometimes but I shouldn’t have to in my opinion as there should just be a dark theme option. 

Edited by BrettyBoy
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EternalSophie said:

Imo a dark mode theme would be nice considering that I have problems with brightness lol my eyes are pretty fucked up lately 

 

There's a program on PC called F.lux: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

 

https://justgetflux.com/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RemingtonInk said:

Using the word "unacceptable" when demanding something from a free service, is such a Karen move.

 

Ok, obviously it's a free site and the administration has no obligation to improve it or do anything they don't choose to do. I also get that it's only one person doing the admin work, so only so much can get done at a time.

 

It is just baffling to me that such a basic accessibility feature is ignored for so long and people are attacking someone because of a choice in words. Every single other site or app I use has a dark mode alternative so I don't see why PSNP shouldn't have it as well. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I'm an admin on a polish forum that looks basically the same as Psnprofiles, and its community is twice as small. Do you know who is responsible for running the site and doing all the Webdesign work for it? A 14-year-old brother of the owner, who learned how to do it by watching youtube videos. So please, do us a favor and stop writing bullshit. 

I'm confused. Are you defending people that don't know how to make a suggestion in a civil manner? Do you like being spoken to like shit on your site? 

 

I'm glad your friend's brother is enjoying himself and getting some good Web design experience. Go and tell Sly, shame him into implementing all the  features you want, I'm sure that will work out great. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

Yet another reason why I mostly use True Trophies now, as they have a native dark mode. Dark Reader is not perfect on this site. It ignores the platinum shade that's given when you have the platinum trophy in a game. It shows up as black, just like a game in which you don't have the platinum trophy.


You can use custom CSS overrides in Dark Reader. I do that so platinumed games are very visible (more visible than the current default here when not using Dark Reader too).

Simply click 'Dev Tools' in Dark Reader and then add some CSS like the following:

psnprofiles.com

tr.platinum td {
    background: #011338;
}

Play around with the colour if necessary, but for me that shade of blue works well with the default Dark Reader green for non-plat 100%s and rest of the site in dark mode.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CrestfallenAU said:


You can use custom CSS overrides in Dark Reader. I do that so platinumed games are very visible (more visible than the current default here when not using Dark Reader too).

Simply click 'Dev Tools' in Dark Reader and then add some CSS like the following:

psnprofiles.com

tr.platinum td {
    background: #011338;
}

Play around with the colour if necessary, but for me that shade of blue works well with the default Dark Reader green for non-plat 100%s and rest of the site in dark mode.

 

 

I couldn't get it to work. After applying it, an exclamation point shows up on the "Dev tools" button without any changes to the site. Dark Reader probably has this issue with the site because the default color is barely visible. That's yet another issue that has been brought up many times before.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been updates made to this site and the support of its members (game series lists, separation of game tagging for PSVR, the work involved with the PSN name change, addition of Discord, to name a few). Additionally, PSNP+ efforts by @HusKy are underway with updated versions being released by him. You just need to take advantage of the features that appeal/work for you and appreciate the efforts in maintaining one, if not, the best trophy hunting site around. The work of the admin and support staff are also appreciated by me and many others (guide writers, forum moderators, and the cheater removal team). Would I like more features and personalization? Sure, but I'm thankful to those who keep this site running and others who are passionate to add quality of life enhancements.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

 

I couldn't get it to work. After applying it, an exclamation point shows up on the "Dev tools" button without any changes to the site. Dark Reader probably has this issue with the site because the default color is barely visible. That's yet another issue that has been brought up many times before.


That's my fault, sorry. I forgot to include the separator for domains and the CSS tag.


Try this (including all the equals symbols):
 

================================

psnprofiles.com

CSS
tr.platinum td {
    background: #011338;
}

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CrestfallenAU said:


That's my fault, sorry. I forgot to include the separator for domains and the CSS tag.


Try this (including all the equals symbols):
 

================================

psnprofiles.com

CSS
tr.platinum td {
    background: #011338;
}

 

 

Thanks, that works. The platinum shade is the perfect color. It really should look that way by default.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 10:32 AM, Titanomachy_75 said:

Off topic here .. I remember this site talking about a APP.  Any info on that? 

 

When originally addressed, there wasn't enough support for it to justify its development last that I'm aware. Please refer to this thread here to read more about it. Perhaps with PS5's eventual release the idea might drum up interest again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 7:27 PM, HaserPL said:

*A site that besides using ads, also has an option to support it by buying Premium that basically gives you nothing useful. K.

You just nailed it yourself. It's a form of support. You are not PAYING for a product or service but showing your appreciation for the work done. Since its not a paid product you shouldn't have any expectation or request.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Kolm said:

 

The famous 'I have a <insert family member of friend> who can do this in 1h' comment... :(

 

Damn these family members. Not satisfied with only hacking your trophies they go on to fuck up the whole website as well :(

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HoongZai said:

Since its not a paid product you shouldn't have any expectation or request.

So, I cannot have any kind of expectations unless I pay a monthly fee? What xD

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

So, I cannot have any kind of expectations unless I pay a monthly fee? What xD

In short you can. But don't expect the other party to entertain or meet those expectations since they don't owe you anything.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 8:27 PM, DaivRules said:


Some of us don’t have a choice, like I said above, Dark Mode triggers headaches and migraines for me. 

 

Huh.. funny, to me its the exact opposite, white mode triggers migraines for me

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.