What the?...

RoxasOnFire

33 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

That wouldn't be because that's a BioShock 2 trophy and not 1, would it?

This is a Bioshock 2 trophy yes.. I am well aware of that.
I'm saying I beat Bioshock 2 without dying and never got the grand daddy trophy. lol

5 minutes ago, DerHerzeleid said:

This is a Bioshock 2 trophy yes.. I am well aware of that.
I'm saying I beat Bioshock 2 without dying and never got the grand daddy trophy. lol

OK good, just checking as this is a B1 forum :D

Maybe start a New Game and get it that way without any prior saves? It might have already thought you had it from a previous save.

5 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

Maybe start a New Game and get it that way without any prior saves? It might have already thought you had it from a previous save.

yeah I was going to suggest the same thing lol. It might be seeing the other versions save.

Hey there everyone :)

I can confirm that the difficulty exploit for "Worlds of Hurt" (relevant for WoH - Expert and WoH - Tough Guy) in the DLC of Bioshock 1 works on both versions of the standalone release. Both versions are currently patched to 1.01.

Sorry if this was posted already, I didn't go through the whole thread beforehand.

Greetings from Germany!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

i am about to do that..
I am going to delete all my saves and then start fresh. Since this is the only trophy I need.

1 hour ago, DerHerzeleid said:

i am about to do that..
I am going to delete all my saves and then start fresh. Since this is the only trophy I need.

UPDATE!

Still hasn't popped.. I have killed 5 big daddies in a row and still haven't gotten the trophy

3 hours ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Hey there everyone :)

I can confirm that the difficulty exploit for "Worlds of Hurt" (relevant for WoH - Expert and WoH - Tough Guy) in the DLC of Bioshock 1 works on both versions of the standalone release. Both versions are currently patched to 1.01.

Sorry if this was posted already, I didn't go through the whole thread beforehand.

Greetings from Germany!

wait...people use a difficulty exploit in the dlc for the trophies? C’mon now ?

@DerHerzeleid Regarding Bioshock 2: I have just earned Grand Daddy (and Unbreakable) in Minerva's Den in both versions of the standalone release. I've started the EU version without any savegames from the old ps4 collection (as posted here, the JP versions don't support the old saves) and I haven't played the main game yet.

I did not save the game between killing Big Daddies, but I guess that shouldn't cause a problem trophy-wise.

If you are having serious trouble with the trophy you could delete your saves and the game from your PS4, redownload the game and start off fresh.

Alternatively, in case you have access, you could download the game to a second PS4.

Hope this helps you.

Greetings from Germany :)

content wise these remastered version are the same as the collection? if yes, they should've just  patched the old version to 'separate' the files, or offered the license for free for the collection owners 

Edited by TalalHmd

I am actually unable to unlock the Historian trophy in Bioshock 1 standalone EU despite having collected all diaries in the "old" PS4 version and using the save.

Starting off with a New Game (not NG+) after having defeated Atlas with the Survivor glitch from my old save, I hoped that I would earn the trophy after collecting the first diary (like @Kaa-Bling stated on Bioshock 2), but this is not the case.

Therefore I'll collect the diaries in both EU & JP standalone.

56 minutes ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

I am actually unable to unlock the Historian trophy in Bioshock 1 standalone EU despite having collected all diaries in the "old" PS4 version and using the save.

Starting off with a New Game (not NG+) after having defeated Atlas with the Survivor glitch from my old save, I hoped that I would earn the trophy after collecting the first diary (like @Kaa-Bling stated on Bioshock 2), but this is not the case.

Therefore I'll collect the diaries in both EU & JP standalone.

The dairy trophy unlocked in Bioshock 1&2 after collecting the first dairy in the game on the EU versions. The Japanese version don't carry any saves over, so you have to do them again. The 3 big daddies trophy didn't pop for me till the area with Stanley, when I had to get rid of the little one's. After I defeated the 3 there, it popped. Pretty much all things popped in both games for the EU version when I completed a task from each trophy. Example: One trap kill unlocked 30 trap kills, bought one thing from a machine unlocked spend 2000 trophy. One dairy in each game unlocked the trophies in both games as well.  

I've finished all the Bioshocks again. :D

Hi there everyone!

So I've spent some time with Bioshock 1 and was able to get the platinum trophy for the EU standalone release without any issues.

Unfortunately, though, the JP-version doesn't let me earn "Research PhD". I made a save before completing my final research level in order to be able to trigger the trophy, but I didn't get it. Furthermore, I also installed the game on a second ps4 and loaded said save, but the trophy just doesn't pop. I'm certain that I have done everything the trophy requires (I played the game in the past already).

Currently I'm downloading the game to my third (and last :D )  ps4 in order to start a completely fresh game without downloading any of my saves. I'm even thinking about not synching the trophies when I start the game on this console so that the console which I'll put offline won't know the progress I already made. I could imagine that the unlocking of Research PhD might have something to do with the other trophies (though I know that there are the security bots, cameras and turrets which have no trophies tied to them).

Here's my question: Does somebody know whether the platinum trophy will unlock just fine if I have, just like now, 64 of 66 trophies, then earn the 65th offline without the console knowing that I have the other 64, then sync this 65th to the servers? Or would I then be stuck at 65 trophies without the platinum triggering?

Any pieces of information would be highly appreciated!

Edit: Of course I am aware of the fact that the platinum trophy would show a slightly different timestamp then.

Edit 2: Before the question arises, I am informed about the potential of Research PhD glitching, but I didn't die once (I played without the Vita-Chambers).

I honestly have no idea why some trophies could be glitched for some players because I earned the trophies DerHerzeleid didn't while others were able to earn Research PhD :S

I highly doubt that there will ever be fix or anything which is why I try to wrap my head around this issue.

Greetings from Germany!

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_

Dear @MMDE, would you kindly take a look at my question in the post before this one?

I would like to know whether my suggested approach would comply to the rules of PSNProfiles and I'd be grateful for your answer.

In the meantime, a friend told me that the platinum would be earned by synching the 65th trophy to the servers, albeit with the slightly differing timestamp.

2 hours ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Here's my question: Does somebody know whether the platinum trophy will unlock just fine if I have, just like now, 64 of 66 trophies, then earn the 65th offline without the console knowing that I have the other 64, then sync this 65th to the servers? Or would I then be stuck at 65 trophies without the platinum triggering?

You will not be stuck. It will say you got 65/66 on PSN, but just sync the console and boot up the game again and the platinum should pop.

Edited by MMDE

1 minute ago, Bizzy_Montana_ said:

Thank you for your answer @MMDE. And would the slightly differing platinum timestamp be flaggable?

This kind of platinum timestamp is okay, try not to have a lot of them or anything though. We know how this one happens. If you do get flagged and someone approves it, just send me a message (on discord) and I'll lift it. Or dispute it normally and just link to my answer. :P

Edited by MMDE

Hey there everyone!

So I just replayed Bioshock 1 JP standalone as stated in my post yesterday and I was now actually able to get "Research PhD" and then the platinum by synching  :)

What I did this time around was to not change any ingame settings, so I just started the game on easy and tried to get the research done as quickly as possible. I saved the game manually from time to time, did not die and got my research on turret, security bot and security camera done early (in between other researches which have trophies tied to them). The last research I completed was the Nitro Splicer. I finished it in Neptune's Bounty. 

Having played quite a few games in the past, I still don't understand the inner workings of this glitch, but starting off on another console with no other Bioshock (not even a different standalone version or the collection) installed and no savegames or settings data present seemed to have done the trick. On a side note, my first two tries were performed on two PS4 Pro consoles (Boost Mode off), while the successful run took place on the old model. I'm still of the opinion that not touching the game settings shouldn't have any influence on the trophy (it never did in the other versions), but it was just an idea I had. A good friend pointed out that I should ponder over whether there is any action I normally perform which might accidentally trigger a glitch.

I hope this information is of use to some people in case they encounter similar problems.

Greetings from Germany :)

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Guys does the survivor difficulty glitch still work at the end of the game?

Also, since i got all the trophies in the collection, which trophies actually auto pop? I’ve loaded my collection saves and i’ve noticed i basically have to do one of everything to get the trophies. I.e took a photo of a splicer and got the fully researched splicer and research phd trophies, collected a diary to unlock the trophy for collecting all diaries etc. 

How do i get the difficulty trophies to pop without starting a new game? I loaded a save right near the end of the game and completed it and didn’t get any difficulty trophies. 

Edited by Radford999

15 hours ago, Radford999 said:

Guys does the survivor difficulty glitch still work at the end of the game?

Also, since i got all the trophies in the collection, which trophies actually auto pop? I’ve loaded my collection saves and i’ve noticed i basically have to do one of everything to get the trophies. I.e took a photo of a splicer and got the fully researched splicer and research phd trophies, collected a diary to unlock the trophy for collecting all diaries etc. 

How do i get the difficulty trophies to pop without starting a new game? I loaded a save right near the end of the game and completed it and didn’t get any difficulty trophies. 

The exploit works with all versions of the PS4 release but the PS3 version requires a specific US release to make it work.