(Discussion)should you get flagged for late syncs?

Should you get flagged for syncing very late?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Should you get flagged for syncing very late?

• Yes
    • No

24 minutes ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

Also serious question, bc I just saw 2 ppl using that point: Do you all keep your trophy screenshots?

For me the trophy screenshots are treasures like the trophies themselves, I keep all of them and were one of the greatest addition of PS4 for me (I even took screenshots of my trophies on PSV)... But well, its just me...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Taking your own savefile from your main PS3 to another one because you can't save in the cloud and then unlocking trophies in seconds can be done by accident too but people got accostumed to see that as cheating... I don't know why late syncing couldn't be treated on the same way, nobody is talking of 1 week late syncing, maybe one year as someone said above is more than enough...

I'm very sure that the day that Sony put their hand in all this everything will be f***** up forever xD

I did a boost on my Dad's PS3 (we have 3 in my house) and I earned 1-2 trophies up there and forgot to sync (or maybe didn't see the trophies pop) it at the end of a long boost session (I believe maybe NFS or something, I don't remember the game... Anyway, fast forward a year and a half later when I played another game on his PS3 because my PS3 was being used for netflix, I sync a few more trophies from the current game I was playing and the game I boosted appeared next to the current game I was playing.

Shit happens. A one-size fits all situation just isn't going to work.

As for me, the most important thing is that the trophies were not taken in a bad way, with impossible dates and other bullshit. Personally I find the sync strange after 2-3-20 years, more than anything else I do not understand the reason, apart from this believing on the words a person is quite difficult, so if you want to defend against the accusations, well put the proofs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Starcade_Legend said:

So 10 years and later is the obvious CFW ban for you, in relation for trophy syncing?  And everything else is a pass/should be given the benefit of the doubt?  ?

Not quite. A user who has waited 10+ years to sync a game with online and a looong online at that, where the servers have shut and no proof. I think there is a need to be suspicious there. As I said, it should be a case by case basis.

Ultimately I don't think there should be a "sync time limit" - but if it were to be implemented, that's how I'd want it done. Case by case.

There has been one(!) recent case of somebody getting flagged, who allegedly only synced their trophies late. Why is the whole thread acting like it's the norm on PSNP? 

28 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

1: There's plenty of people that sync late with no issues at all. It's not against the rules. It's CFW usage that is flagged, and as a result of that CFW, have the symptom of being "late." Nobody's being flagged for syncing late, just for using CFW.

Also, why does everyone on here have the habit of burying old consoles with unsynced trophies in their backyard? And stop going to college for fuck's sake!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I did a boost on my Dad's PS3 (we have 3 in my house) and I earned 1-2 trophies up there and forgot to sync (or maybe didn't see the trophies pop) it at the end of a long boost session (I believe maybe NFS or something, I don't remember the game... Anyway, fast forward a year and a half later when I played another game on his PS3 because my PS3 was being used for netflix, I sync a few more trophies from the current game I was playing and the game I boosted appeared next to the current game I was playing.

Shit happens. A one-size fits all situation just isn't going to work.

As we have said since the beginning, there is always a reason for late synced trophies, auto popping and everything you want if you really put your imagination to it (the evil cousins are the best solution in most cases), so if we go with that line so better to don't flag anyone... Because shit happens...

2 minutes ago, saki said:

There has been one(!) recent case of somebody getting flagged, who allegedly only synced their trophies late. Why is the whole thread acting like it's the norm on PSNP? 

Also, why does everyone on here have the habit of burying old consoles with unsynced trophies in their backyard? And stop going to college for fuck's sake!

BeCaUsE tHiS iS a BlOoDy CuLt

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1

People shouldn't have to prove they didn't cheat.  you should have to prove they cheated.  If you can prove somebody that synced their trophies late cheated than they should be removed.  If not than they shouldn't.   The top spots across the leaderboards are reserved for smut gaming.  It's the ratalaka leaderboard anyway so unless there is substantial evidence someone cheated leave them the hell alone.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, saki said:

We were told to stop discussing it on the dispute and "take it elsewhere" 

Also if one person gets flagged for it then that sets the standard for future disputes.

Edited by charxsetsuna

42 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

I think if your going to suddenly sync a unobtainable trophy then you do need to be prepared to give evidence. That much I can agree on.

But these are the exact situations the team is looking for and when a rule for late syncing would even apply (and a few extreme cases for SP games that 99.9999% of the trophy hunter population wouldn't even have to worry about).

They are not going to just flag someone strictly for syncing trophies late which is why I think this whole thing is being blown out of proportion. 

1 hour ago, LupusLance34 said:

What's next? Are we gonna flag online trophies that were boosted instead of being done legit? Seriously people, what tha' hell?

I mean, especially if we’re talking about ranked leaderboards, that might be what’s next, who knows.

Understand this, everyone.  ‘Fair’ is a place where kids eat cotton candy and pigs get judged (so says Stephen A. Smith).  There’s no real such thing as ‘fair’; what one leaderboards deem as fair another says it is not.  It’s all subjective; what are the guidelines that best promotes transparency, is what I believe this site is aiming for.

Edited by Starcade_Legend
Grammar/context.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

We were told to stop discussing it on the dispute and "take it elsewhere" 

If you're going to use quotes, at least do it correctly:

Any discussion about rules can exist elsewhere. 

18 minutes ago, saki said:

Because this has to do with Leaderboards and the Cheater Removers so naturally, people get cranked up to 11.

27 minutes ago, Nitro said:

A user who has waited 10+ years to sync a game with online .....

What about someone who waits 6 months after online shuts down who never started the game? Now compare vs someone who waits for 1 year for a "regular" trophy. Assume both have other CFW indicators. Both can be explained by syncing late as being 'possible' which forces us to make a judgement call, and if 6 months is okay for flag in one scenario, why isn't a year good for another? Case by case isn't really a good solution. 

The problem is there is no defined parameters on what "CFW usage" is, but its pretty damn obvious on the backend, and then actual cheaters use the sympathy from casual hunters to try and legitimize their cheating. We're not always right, as recently shown, but i guarantee 99 / 100 times we are correct.

Essentially, specific defined rules need to be established, which unfortunately are "necessary" to include CFW usage as a flaggable rule, even though nobody "likes" them.

Edited by B1rvine

17 minutes ago, odb_mk2 said:

I’ve got a ps3 with a whole bunch of un-synched trophies on from I-don’t-know-when ago If I synch them, is this going to cause me problems?

Depends are any of them unobtainable nowadays?

I like the thought that if you've got unsynced trophies on a really old ps3 that means that you cannot use that ps3 for any future trophy hunting because that means syncing. Thats quite comical.(not targeted at you, website merged my posts when I didnt want it to)

Edited by charxsetsuna
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

Also serious question, bc I just saw 2 ppl using that point: Do you all keep your trophy screenshots? I delete most of them after I deleted the game from my drive, I only keep the nice ones for my blog, also I have more than one console and I only keep those screenshots on my main console anyway. To not have those screenshots can't be seriously a prove of anything oO

Hell no. I turned the function off, even deleting feels like wasted time. So many useless screenshots, I wonder what people do with them, especially if they have ten thousand of them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, charxsetsuna said:

Depends are any of them unobtainable nowadays?

Wait...is that the measurement for ‘problems’ when it comes to trophy syncing?

Let’s say (now THIS scenario I might very well entertain in reality, to be honest) I get the online trophies for Knights of Valour (NA) on a 3rd PS4 (attached to my login ID, but at the time of getting the trophies I was not connected to the internet) in June, but only those few trophies.  Fast forward 3 years later, the servers are turned off for the game, and for whatever reason, I turn on the PS4, complete the game (receiving trophies offline still).  All of this was deliberate and purposeful, for my own sick, maniacal reasons...?  Should I be flagged, in your opinion?  ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Starcade_Legend said:

Wait...is that the measurement for ‘problems’ when it comes to trophy syncing?

Let’s say (now THIS scenario I might very well entertain in reality, to be honest) I get the online trophies for Knights of Valour (NA) on a 3rd PS4 (attached to my login ID, but at the time of getting the trophies I was not connected to the internet) in June, but only those few trophies.  Fast forward 3 years later, the servers are turned off for the game, and for whatever reason, I turn on the PS4, complete the game (receiving trophies offline still).  All of this was deliberate and purposeful, for my own sick, maniacal reasons...1f605.png  Should I be flagged, in your opinion?  1f914.png

I said that more in a sense that it would get you flagged,  not that I agree with it.

I ended up with this on my profile during that glitch where things weren't moving around properly: BfpQNAt.png

There's no way to determine whether that's caused by late syncs, CFW or by a glitch.

Things shouldn't be flagged if it's just one of many possibilities. It should be for things that are definitely impossible without cheating.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

I ended up with this on my profile during that glitch where things weren't moving around properly: BfpQNAt.png

There's no way to determine whether that's caused by late syncs, CFW or by a glitch.

Things shouldn't be flagged if it's just one of many possibilities. It should be for things that are definitely impossible without cheating.

I'm actually intrigued to see if my account was ever effected by that glitch. I've never paid that close of attention to it.

5 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Oh no, all of that should be flagged.  How do you see fit to go to sleep at night?!  ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Starcade_Legend said:

Fair enough.  Do you agree with me being flagged, in that scenario?  ?

No not really, its common practice to do online trophies first because offline trophies have no time limit. You would have done nothing wrong. I know people who like to keep their ps3/ps4 in offline mode, so that's not unrealistic. Only thing I would find unrealistic is having a spare ps4 those things are expensive.

Wait don't you need to be online to get online trophies, how would that work?

Edited by charxsetsuna