Trials of St. Lucia Online Not Working

Afro_Gear

6 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

I see people earned a few of the trials trophies a few days ago, are the servers back up, can anyone access them? I don't have the trials DLC atm.

I logged in last night and it's not working.

11 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

The trophies for the 1P trial upload, 2P trial upload, and 10 favorites can be earned without the server working. Those are the only ones being earned recently.

These are the ones I was able to still do.  Even though the upload fails, it still gives you those 2 trophies.

Wai,

18 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

The trophies for the 1P trial upload, 2P trial upload, and 10 favorites can be earned without the server working. Those are the only ones being earned recently.

Wait, this DLC can be played offline? I've always thought it's online-only!

2 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Wai,

Wait, this DLC can be played offline? I've always thought it's online-only!

The Trials menu can be accessed, the trial editor can be used, and the list of uploaded trials can be viewed regardless of server function. If you create and attempt to upload the gold 1P and platinum 2P trials, trophies will unlock before the upload window later says that it failed. From what I saw on the recent players, you can add trials to your favorites even if they aren't able to download and play them. It's not a good situation, as some of us have started a game we hope has not exhausted its last chance. The EA website says they stop supporting games that dwindle to <1% of the player base participation, but they also say they announce online feature retirement after a 30 day notice.

This sucks. I have a UK account and last I checked you can purchase the complete edition on Dante's Inferno on their PS Store.

I highly doubt I would get the two player co-op trophy but I probably would of gotten everything else. Looks like a fun God of War clone, even if EA published it.

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

and last I checked you can purchase the complete edition on Dante's Inferno on their PS Store.

You can-- just did it last night. Downloading trials right now just isn't happening, presumably because server instability/neglect/shutdown.

1 minute ago, Fiikra75 said:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Dante-s-Inferno-Trials/td-p/5704914/page/15

Someone from EA finally responded to the thread by closing it .. Guess we might never see the servers open again 1f612.png

That's EA to T, if something is broken, ignore the problem completely and shutdown any sign of descent, then quietly erase any mention of it from history.

• Like 3

Oh no ? I can’t believe it. He could have at least bothered to explicitly state whether action will be taken or not. How do they abandon games that are still up for sale. ?‍♂️ 

I suppose our last hope is for a genius’ fanmade server, hopefully that’s still a thing.

Edited by EqualityEarth

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Not a GameSpy game.

Ah, so the Dungeon Defenders game mentioned in that thread in June was in fact related to the other affected games, so it’s not a free server ?‍♂️ Oh what a world, I have much to learn. That would have been too easy. So now it’s just a new project for a custom server. I’m sure SSX 2012 (as it’s also EA?) will inspire such a project when it shuts down.

Just now, Kristen Danielle said:

So, I downloaded this DLC and purchased a physical UK copy of the game for nothing? What if I have two PS3s? Can I co-op with myself to get the trophies?

I don’t want to say that you did. The majority of the online trophies are done solo. A partner is needed only for a total of 15 2P EA trials and

to give you 4 stars on your own trial.

6 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

I don’t want to say that you did. The majority of the online trophies are done solo. A partner is needed only for a total of 15 2P EA trials and

to give you 4 stars on your own trial.

I just want them for the 100%. I don't want any game on my profile to not have a Platinum/100% (unless it's still in progress, of course). I can rate myself for the 4-star thing with two PS3s, right? What do I have to do to get the other one? I want this so bad that I am willing to buy a second PS3. lol

• Like 1