Resident Evil 8 Village

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm sure it'll still be a very impressive showcase for the PS5 hardware and that's where I intend to play it, even though I probably won't own one by the time this game comes out. Still looking forward to it though.

same. The only thing that would get me to play it on PS4 is if VR support was announced for the PS4 version only or something. What a shame it would be if there was no VR support for any console after how incredible and gamechanging RE7 was in VR.

A few hints and nods to RE 4 Remake in the showcase. Come on, announce it already.

Will be pre-ordering and buying the physical Deluxe edition. Want the collector’s edition steelbook though to add to my collection.

Downloading the demo now. Love the franchise. Big fan

Edited by MrTrofyHunter
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Trini said:

Y'all know if the Collector's Edition is up for preorder yet? It doesn't seem to be as far as I can tell but it doesn't hurt to ask

I've been refreshing My game store over here in Australia for the last 7 hours and it still hasn't dropped yet. I would assume over the next 12 hours hopefully that it will be available but i could be wrong though 

5 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

A few hints and nods to RE 4 Remake in the showcase. Come on, announce it already.

Will be pre-ordering and buying the physical Deluxe edition. Want the collector’s edition steelbook though to add to my collection.

Downloading the demo now. Love the franchise. Big fan

Little early for that isn’t it? With RE8 not even out yet, I don’t think we’ll see RE4 remake for a few years, but who knows? RE8 looks pretty cool. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

5 minutes ago, jakD_710 said:

I've been refreshing My game store over here in Australia for the last 7 hours and it still hasn't dropped yet. I would assume over the next 12 hours hopefully that it will be available but i could be wrong though 

Yeah it seems likely it would release later on today at this stage, it's weird though considering Amazon/bestbuy are the only stores that's accepting preorders on both standard/deluxe editions of the game, unlike GameStop. The only news I heard is the CE is priced at $219 US which is roughly 285AUS I'm assuming for you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trini said:

Yeah it seems likely it would release later on today at this stage, it's weird though considering Amazon/bestbuy are the only stores that's accepting preorders on both standard/deluxe editions of the game, unlike GameStop. The only news I heard is the CE is priced at $219 US which is roughly 285AUS I'm assuming for you. 

Here in au we only have the standard editions available so far so rip. Also Yeah ive put some money aside this week since im gonna assume its gonna gonna be around $400 AUD since the Re3 CE was i think $429 here ?

• Like 1

Dumb question, I was going to pre-order this (digitally) but no where in any of the editions says that it includes a season pass. Is there none available for this/PS4 version, is future dlc going to be free, or is it going to be sold separately? 

(Also hoping that it doesn't just get one 1 side update and focuses on RE-Verse)

Edited by BestUsername----

9 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Little early for that isn’t it? With RE8 not even out yet, I don’t think we’ll see RE4 remake for a few years, but who knows? RE8 looks pretty cool. 

To be fair, there were specific details throughout the showing that highlighted a possible RE4 reveal like the new merchant/inventory system in RE8 which was clearly inspired by RE4, not to mention the Netflix movie which takes place after the events of RE4, so I won't say it was entirely farfetched to expect some form of announcement tbh (it was announced sometime back assuming you didn't receive the news yet).

On the flip side I would assume 

1) they aren't ready to reveal any details yet since they might still be working on it

2)they didn't want RE4 to be the main focus of the showing

3) is saving the news for the 25th anniversary in march. 

1 minute ago, BestUsername---- said:

Dumb question, I was going to pre-order this (digitally) but no where in any of the editions says that it includes a season pass. Is there none available for this, is future dlc going to be free, or is it going to be sold separately? 

(Also hoping that it doesn't just get one 1 side update and focuses on RE-Verse)

I'm in the same boat as you are, from what I've seen nothing so far on a season pass unless they plan to announce one in the future or the base game itself is the final product. For all you know RE: Verse is probably the reason why we possibly won't get one since its bundled with the game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trini said:

To be fair, there were specific details throughout the showing that highlighted a possible RE4 reveal like the new merchant/inventory system in RE8 which was clearly inspired by RE4, not to mention the Netflix movie which takes place after the events of RE4, so I won't say it was entirely farfetched to expect some form of announcement tbh (it was announced sometime back assuming you didn't receive the news yet).

On the flip side I would assume 

1) they aren't ready to reveal any details yet since they might still be working on it

2)they didn't want RE4 to be the main focus of the showing

3) is saving the news for the 25th anniversary in march. 

I would suspect that they will save RE4 news in March like you said, but won't show progress until near the end of the year, and then release it in 2022 to coincide with another Resident Evil game project. Probably revelations 3 or another risky game move like Resistance and Re-Verse.

Just now, BestUsername---- said:

I would suspect that they will save RE4 news in March like you said, but won't show progress until near the end of the year, and then release it in 2022 to coincide with another Resident Evil game project. Probably revelations 3 or another risky game move like Resistance and Re-Verse.

Give me a Revelations 3 over another resistance/RE: Verse game anyway, we're definitely in need of one IMO. 

• Like 2

I was actually blown away by how gorgeous RE8 looks in that showcase and if the gameplay relatively the same as what we had in RE7 i'm all in (what am I saying?! I'm all in anyway!). I will say though, this looked a little faster and more frantic than RE7, can't quite place my finger on it though.

Not hearing about a possible RE4 remake stung a little, I think that was my fault though as I was hyping myself up stupidly with little to nothing to base it on. I think it was the mix of it being the 25th Anniversary and that they put alot of fanfare around a general franchise showcase that made me think we'd get a big announcement.

So there we go - my plan was to buy a PS5 alongside the release of RE8 and now the May release month is announced - looks like i'll be upgrading to the current gen then :). I just hope I can actually get my hands on a PS5 by traditional means by then because after Cyberpunk, I am wary of anything that is releasing on both PS4 and PS5 simultaneously. I outrightly refuse to contribute to the human-tumour scalper economy either. So we'll have to wait and see if they are still buying up thousands of units by then.

• Like 1

I think the showcase itself seemed a little underwhemling other than the RE8 stuff the rest could have just been announced as normal in a basic news article and to be honest the RE8 stuff could have been as well, not everything needs to be a showcase these days but I guess that's what we've gotten to.

11 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Is there seriously an edition (Deluxe/Trama) that includes another difficulty? What is that shit? Why is Capcom locking actual content behind a paywall? Can’t wait for a season pass & having to pay for NG+... geez

It's probably like RE7 where you could unlock madhouse early instead of having to finish the game to unlock it at a guess.

While the game looks great visually, I'm struggling to fall in love with it. I've got RE7 but haven't yet played it but I will. I hope my opinion will change when i play it.

As for the RE:Verse nonsense, I will deffo not be playing that. When will capcom understand that we want an outbreak style resi standalone game make a comeback and not just generic garbage multiplayer shoehorned into the main game release for free. I worry that the single player length will be shortened because of this, ala R3make.

The Netflix film i have high hopes for since netflix never lets me down. 

Division 2 outfits? does anyone genuinely care for them?

Edited by shakie19