Horizon: Forbidden West (Febraury 18, 2022)

Ghost

• 3 weeks later...

A Horizon Forbidden West build has leaked, weeks before release

AN UNFINISHED VERSION OF THE GAME IS CURRENTLY IN PUBLIC HANDS, WITH MEDIA SHARED ONLINE

On Monday images of what was claimed to be the PS4 version of the PlayStation exclusive sequel began circulating on social media.

VGC has since been told that the leaked build is indeed legitimate and, other than some missing art assets, contains the entire core content planned for the final game.

Following the publication of images claiming to show the leaked Horizon Forbidden West build on Twitter, the media was eventually removed hours later due to “a report from the copyright holder”, which adds further credence to their legitimacy.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/a-horizon-forbidden-west-build-has-leaked-weeks-before-release/

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 3

Do we know anything about the plot yet? The new footage is nice...but I don't feel much hype for this because I have no idea what its supposed to be about. So far it looks like the same game, at the beach! My favorite part of the first game was slowly discovering the connection to the old world.

7 hours ago, kingjavs said:

Do we know anything about the plot yet? The new footage is nice...but I don't feel much hype for this because I have no idea what its supposed to be about. So far it looks like the same game, at the beach! My favorite part of the first game was slowly discovering the connection to the old world.

Spoiler

The "Metal Devils" mentioned and seen in the first game appear to be waking up, hence why everything is starting to die as they feed on all organic matter. 

There's also a tribe(s) who've learnt how to control machines, presumably under Sylens' supervision. This all ties into and continues from the ending of the first game.

This is a shortened summary of what appears to be going on so far, of course.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Zephrese said:

Hide contents

The "Metal Devils" mentioned and seen in the first game appear to be waking up, hence why everything is starting to die as they feed on all organic matter. 

There's also a tribe(s) who've learnt how to control machines, presumably under Sylens' supervision. This all ties into and continues from the ending of the first game.

This is a shortened summary of what appears to be going on so far, of course.

Ah okay, thanks. I may brush up on some first game plot points.

• Like 1

Damn I really need to stop slacking off and come back to 100% HZD. I still have not done Frozen Wilds (I bought it when it came out ffs :facepalm:) and NG+. Ugh I really need to do those before this comes out, also a good way to refresh my mind in terms of what happened in the first game's story as well as the game's mechanics so I don't have to relearn everything when this sequel comes out.

Edited by PostGameBlues

On 1/19/2022 at 10:53 AM, ZachBoardyHD said:

So will this get 2 platinum trophies (one for the PS4 and PS5) or will they share one list. If 2 separate lists I'll get the deluxe edition if not I'll wait till PS5 as I would love to go for platinum twice as the first game was amazing. 

No PS5 trophy lists are shared with PS4 versions, so this should get at least two plats.