Horizon: Forbidden West (Febraury 18, 2022)

Ghost

I've long since grown out of the habit of pre ordering games, with the few exceptions here and there for collectors editions. But I can't remember ever being so excited for a game than I am Horizon, so the pre-order was a must. I know we can only go off trailers and such for now, but it really does look like they've improved on every aspect on the previous game, and the attention to detail looks amazing.Β 

Edited by ScintillaWolf
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

I think you can safely pre order sony published games. They never let you down and you know its not going to be a broken mess on release

Β 

To be fair this is true. I was just trying to think of a first party game I had pre-ordered previously and felt let down by, but struggled. But I have stopped pre ordering more due to not wanting to pay full price for a game that doesn't warrant it due to quality / game length, as opposed to it being full of bugs.

• Like 1

On 28/01/2022 at 5:06 PM, oxford_wolf007 said:

I'm so ridiculouslyΒ excited for this gameΒ that I finally caved andΒ pre-ordered it!!! I haven't pre-ordered since Ghost of Tsushima (which I absolutely loved), so really hoping this lives up to the hype!

Speaking of which, Ghost is definitely a game a must get back into as I have all the DLC trophies left to get. Finished the main game and got the plat and absolutely loved it also. Got me through the back end of the first lockdown in 2020.

• Like 2

Went back to Zero Dawn in preparation for Forbidden West next week. I never finished my NG+/Ultra Hard playthrough, so I'm attempting to get those last two trophies now.Β 

Β 

I am curious how HFW is going to explain Aloy not having the Shield Weaver armor anymore (best armor in HZD). Sequel always like to depower you so you can build yourself back up again, which is a practice I'm not fond of...would rather games take a DBZ approach, and just make you get EVEN stronger in a sequel.Β 

Edited by Viper

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Went back to Zero Dawn in preparation for Forbidden West next week. I never finished my NG+/Ultra Hard playthrough, so I'm attempting to get those last two trophies now.Β 

Β 

I am curious how HFW is going to explain Aloy not having the Shield Weaver armor anymore (best armor in HZD). Sequel always like to depower you so you can build yourself back up again, which is a practice I'm not fond of...would rather games take a DBZ approach, and just make you get EVEN stronger in a sequel.Β 

She doesn't have it, because it's optional. In AC2 it was mandatory to get the Altair armor to finish the game and then in ACB they destroyed it in the siege.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 4:49 PM, Cerber108 said:

She doesn't have it, because it's optional. In AC2 it was mandatory to get the Altair armor to finish the game and then in ACB they destroyed it in the siege.

Actually I watched JorRaptor's review.

Β 

Β 

**MINOR SPOILER**

Β 

Β 

He mentioned that you start the game 6 months after the end of the first game,Β with the Shield WeiverΒ armor, but it's not working anymore. But apparently the game doesn't tell you why...so things like that kind of annoy me, as it's just a way for the game to depower you for no other reason than "it's a new game". However I like that it's not just a throwaway thing because it was optional. I knew the armor felt more narratively important, so it's at least nice that it's acknowledged.Β 

Edited by Viper

27 minutes ago, Vendrik-Khoo said:

i just want to know if we will get the highest difficulty right from the start, or will get unlocked when we finish the game first in any difficulty ? like the previous games... ?

Β 

Reading this from the Playstation Blog seems like you'll be able to choose any difficulty at the start:

Β 

Difficulty Settings

Β 

We understand that every player wants their own type of challenge in the Forbidden West, so we have five difficulty settings that are tailored to give you the experience you prefer; from Story Mode which eases the combat experience so you can focus on exploration and story, to Very Hard which presents you with a tough, demanding combat experience and really tests your skills.

Β 

We’re also introducing the Custom Difficulty setting, which allows you to adjust damage levels that Aloy deals and receives to/from enemies, giving more flexibility in adjusting combat difficulty.

Β 

Horizon Forbidden West has a focus on hunting machines, then detaching and looting their resources to craft ammo and upgrade equipment. Many of these resources can be destroyed if not detached before the machine is killed. This can be challenging, so we have introduced an Easy Loot system. Turning the Easy Loot option on means that any resource components that are still attached when killing a machine are added to its loot inventory. This lessens the need to detach those components during combat. This system is the default for Story and Easy difficulties as well as an option in Custom mode.

Β 

Edited by Ghost
spelling

After having watched a few of the reviews, I'm more hyped than ever. As a huge dinosaur nerd, some of the machines shown have me overly excited, aha. I can't wait! It looks absolutely gorgeous. Think I'll spend half my time in photo mode again. Can't wait to try out the new mini game, Machine Strike. I'll also likely spend a ton of time playing it, just like I did with the incredible Gwent, from the Witcher. If you wanna chat and talk about anything and everything Horizon when it comes out, feel free to add me. I'll be playing this non-stop. I'll easily put 200+ hours in before I've even finished the main story, too. No regrets.

For the release of Horizon Forbidden West*, we want to do something to help nature... with you.

Β 

Just like how Aloy fights to save the Earth in the game, we can do something together to help our planet. Play Horizon Forbidden West and unlock the β€œReached the Daunt” trophy before March 25th, and we, in partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation, will plant a tree across the country to help complete 3 different reforestation projects.**

Β 

So let's grab our controllers and play for our planet!

Β 

*Available on February 18, 2022. **One tree donated for each β€œReached the Daunt” trophy unlocked, until all 3 reforestation projects are completed (based on estimated 288k trees required). No additional purchase necessary to unlock trophy. Promotion ends when maximum donation is reached or on 3/25/22 at 11:59pm Pacific, whichever is earlier. For more information visit www.playstation.com/en-us/games/horizon-forbidden-west/play-and-plant/ or the Arbor Day Foundation website at www.arborday.org.

Β 

Β 

• Like 2