Horizon: Forbidden West (Febraury 18, 2022)

Ghost

Qqi5f1u.jpg

keoeGsi.jpg

tKtMhJd.jpg

mhEEBbj.jpg

Pre-order Horizon Forbidden West now: Collector’s and Digital Deluxe Editions detailed

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/02/pre-order-horizon-forbidden-west-now-collectors-and-digital-deluxe-editions-detailed/

quYnIOn.png

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 4

So… 70€ for the PS4 version, 80€ for the PS5 version and 90€ if you want both…

It’s the PS5 version that will make this game truly stand out, so who would want to give 70€ for the PS4 version with no possibility to upgrade to the PS5 version?! ?
At least, all these editions will be much cheaper a few months or a year after release, but I find these prices heartbreaking, if you like to buy games close to the release date.

Edited by Carol
  • Like 4

After having the two collectors editions from Horizon Zero Dawn (Aloy and Thunderjaw statue) and the $1,200 Prime1 Polystone statue pre-ordered, I will be skipping this collectors edition. If anyone looks at my trophies for this game, I don't care for it too much but it's my girlfriends favorite game of all time which is why we have so much merchandise of the series so far. It doesn't even come with the physical game and I already have a focus replica from the first game. The stuff that comes in the CE this time is just disappointing. Hopefully the actual game isn't this bad because the first one was pretty good. Whoever compared this to the Assassins Creed Origins fiasco is correct lol. I'll grab the Special physical edition for PS5.

Also the fact that you don't get a free upgrade is surprising. I hope this doesn't become a trend because Spider-man for PS5 did that as well but at least in that case the game is only $20 instead of full price.

Edited by FrostyMcNugs
  • Like 1

So no dual entitlement for PS4 and PS5 if you only get the standard or steelbook/special edition.

Ok..

*Looks at collector's edition* 

No physical disc? WTF

This whole pre order business is so confusing. Can they not issue out free upgrades through physical discs? This just speaks of greed to me. If they really want to make players buy a PS5 upgrade if they got the game initially for PS4 (either physical or digital) then they'd just issue an upgrade dlc like GOT did, but no instead you have to go ENTIRELY digital and buy the digital deluxe or either of the two collector's editions (both digital as well). If you don't do that, then I guess you'll just have to buy the game again, and the PS5 version is more expensive. Kinda disappointed with this decision by Sony/Guerilla.

I was gonna get the collector's edition from the start, but the fact that it doesn't even have the physical copy of the game, and just some code makes me not wanna even bother. That's the first time I've seen a collector's edition go digital.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

Do you remember what Jim Ryan said? 

While it wasn’t mentioned in Sony’s official announcement, developers of certain games later confirmed that PS5 exclusives like “Horizon: Forbidden West” and “Spider-Man: Miles Morales” aren’t exclusive at all. They’re both releasing PS4 versions, which may irritate a few Sony fans who took to heart Sony’s commitment to “next gen” development. The belief is that developing games across generations stifles creativity, and hampers the technological ambitions of the game, since it has to cater to an audience with less powerful machines.

“No one should be disappointed,” Ryan said. “The PS5 versions of those games are built from the ground up to take advantage of the PS5 feature set, and we have an upgrade path for PS4 users to get the PS5 versions for free. It’s about people having choice. I’m really quite pleased about the situation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2020/09/16/ps5-retail-units/

Pathetic

• Like 3

Unpopular opinion but I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing they're doing. For the first year i can see why they'd let people have access to both versions upon purchase but did yall really expect to keep getting ps5 versions for free throughout the entire console generation? You're essentially getting a superior version for the same price so it was pretty obvious that sooner or later this would happen and I'm pretty sure more devs will follow as time goes on. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Unpopular opinion but I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing they're doing. For the first year i can see why they'd let people have access to both versions upon purchase but did yall really expect to keep getting ps5 versions for free throughout the entire console generation? You're essentially getting a superior version for the same price so it was pretty obvious that sooner or later this would happen and I'm pretty sure more devs will follow as time goes on. 

Ok but if you take away the gimmicky shit like Haptic Feedback, just imagine how ridiculous it'd be if the same thing happened on PC. 

And the issue isn't even so much that the upgrade isn't free - it's that the upgrade is exclusively LOCKED behind buying the more expensive editions of the game which are also ONLY digital. It makes PS4 players that are looking to transition to PS5 feel like their only option is, at the bare minimum, to get this more expensive digital deluxe edition because that's the only way they can upgrade the game down the line. GOT already set the precedent of how a paid upgrade can be done so it's confusing why they went this route. Well not really that confusing, the answer is always money. 

Also, a steelbook with no disc in the collector's edition is just a meme. If it's because they wanted the digital-only PS5 owners to be able to buy the collector's edition, then why not just sell all the collector's shit separately instead (akin to how Red Dead Redemption II handled its Collector's box)?. 

Sony has been anti-consumer for a good while now and their whole motto of 'Play has no limits' and 'For the Players' should really be 'Pay has no limits' and 'For the payers' lmao. 

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

I'll just be getting the PS5 Standard Edition. However I won't be pre-ordering. I absolutely refuse to support the price increase for games...I'll wait a little and get it off eBay for $40-$50. This is one of my my most anticipated games, so normally I'd wait for a steeper price decrease...so this will be more out of principal, I want to play it sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, PostGameBlues said:

Sony has been anti-consumer for a good while now and their whole motto of 'Play has no limits' and 'For the Players' should really be 'Pay has no limits' and 'For the payers' lmao. 

That would require an insane degree of honesty. xD

Think it’s stupid the super expensive editions don’t have a physical disc when they have a steelbook.

Despite that, it’s still going to sell a bunch.

Edited by MidnightDragon

2 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Ok but if you take away the gimmicky shit like Haptic Feedback, just imagine how ridiculous it'd be if the same thing happened on PC. 

Even if you take away haptic feedback the ps5 versions are still superior than the last gen ones. To me it's surprising that we're almost a year into the ps5 generation and still getting free upgrades as they didn't have to offer em to begin with so for that we should at least be grateful. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk

1 hour ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Even if you take away haptic feedback the ps5 versions are still superior than the last gen ones. To me it's surprising that we're almost a year into the ps5 generation and still getting free upgrades as they didn't have to offer em to begin with so for that we should at least be grateful. 

they do have to offer them, imagine a game releasing for Xbox Series S and X in different editions, it's the exact thing that is happening now, Horizon 2 is one game, released on PlaySttaion, that you have to buy twice, this is ridiculous, imagine a game releasing on PC without ray tracing, DLSS, etc. and then a whole separate edition with those things, this doesn't happen anywhere except in Sonyland, and people defend them for it, it's like you want to be abused, you get off on it or something, do you know that 99% of movies released today give you a Bluray copy, a 4K UHD blu ray copy, and a digital code in one package? there is no other industry that works like Sony is selling this game right now

Edited by LockheedPrime

1 hour ago, LockheedPrime said:

they do have to offer them, imagine a game releasing for Xbox Series S and X in different editions, it's the exact thing that is happening now, Horizon 2 is one game, released on PlaySttaion, that you have to buy twice, this is ridiculous, imagine a game releasing on PC without ray tracing, DLSS, etc. and then a whole separate edition with those things, this doesn't happen anywhere except in Sonyland, and people defend them for it, it's like you want to be abused, you get off on it or something, do you know that 99% of movies released today give you a Bluray copy, a 4K UHD blu ray copy, and a digital code in one package? there is no other industry that works like Sony is selling this game right now

Dumb comparison mate, series x and s are current gen consoles despite s being an inferior budget friendly version. Ps4 and ps5 aren't the same generation of consoles. On PC you're getting the same game, it just performs better depending on what kind of PC you own or how much you spent upgrading it and the folks that want better performance or features such as Ray tracing, 120 fps, etc usually have to pay more. You're technically getting the same game on consoles as well but one version will never get to the same level as performance as the other which is why console generations exist and  people go out to buy a ps5.

Not even defending Sony really, I'm just giving my point of view. It's great that they're offering free upgrades especially for games that came out last gen that are getting ps5 versions but I really don't see why they'd continue doing that for new releases especially if they're gonna be taking more advantage of current gen hardware. 

You mention blue ray and 4k coming together in one package yet forget that it's more expensive than regular edition despite being the same movie and also needing a 4k TV to even benefit from it lmao. Same way Netflix charges more for their 4k content and the list goes on really. If you think this is abuse then I'll assume you haven't seen much in the real world.

Edited by BrandedBerserk