Trophy Thoughts

oh wow, 7 playable players(and one of them is a dog on a machine?? *throws money*). Any idea how much it is going to be? I can't find the game in US PS store.

No difficulty related ones? Either no difficulty choices or you can get all trophies on whatever difficulty you want.

I guess finishing the 8 stages = Episode 1? Then maybe the other episodes are like re-runs? It looked like there are multiple endings so I will not be surprised if multiple runs are needed (hmmm, but it looks like it will have stage select).

29 minutes ago, JaM said:

oh wow, 7 playable players(and one of them is a dog on a machine?? *throws money*). Any idea how much it is going to be? I can't find the game in US PS store.

No difficulty related ones? Either no difficulty choices or you can get all trophies on whatever difficulty you want.

I guess finishing the 8 stages = Episode 1? Then maybe the other episodes are like re-runs? It looked like there are multiple endings so I will not be surprised if multiple runs are needed (hmmm, but it looks like it will have stage select).

I believe I saw that it will be $14.99

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaM said:

Perhaps it'll be similar to "Nightmare mode" in the first game, where after the first full run you unlock this mode and have to re-run most of the same levels with some differences at the final level and boss.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Warmachine0341 said:

The original game was pretty tough.

It really wasn't. Part of what made the game great was it's even handed difficulty and not being overly punishing when you fail. Current impressions from Twitch streamers is this one is more of the same.

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

It really wasn't. Part of what made the game great was it's even handed difficulty and not being overly punishing when you fail. Current impressions from Twitch streamers is this one is more of the same.

Agreed. The only thing I found annoying was Ultimate mode I think? Where you could only use Zangetsu and the bosses were tougher. Had a hell of a time against the Lady in Red and Gremory.

Looks a bit easier than the first Curse of the Moon. I’m not seeing any trophies where you need to get several different endings. The sequel having a platinum is a pretty nice surprise. But for $15, it should have a platinum ? Regardless, we gotta support our good friends at Inti Creates every time ?

EDIT: Boy, was I ever so wrong. There were several different episodes and endings to go along with them. A brutal challenge more challenging than the first Curse of the Moon. At least if you play on veteran ?

Edited by ShonenCat

16 minutes ago, ShonenCat said:

Looks a bit easier than the first Curse of the Moon. I’m not seeing any trophies where you need to get several different endings. The sequel having a platinum is a pretty nice surprise. But for $15, it should have a platinum 1f602.png Regardless, we gotta support our good friends at Inti Creates every time 1f619.png

So far I’m on my third playthrough and there are multiple endings. I believe to get the platinum you will need to play it 6 or 7 times like the first one

Edited by ShadowSigmaX

So, basically it is a hybrid of MegaMan and Castlevania? Love them both so good for me. 

16 hours ago, RangyRV said:

What about coop mode? Do both players get trophies?

There are no online co-op.

I have already bought the game on Day1 but I think I will wait for the boss rush update before I start playing this one. 

Oh, might be off topic but, is there any update on Zangetsu DLC for Ritual of the Night?

Edited by JaM