Potential Glitches

bikeman223

Considering getting this game, but I read in PowerPyx's guide that there are one or two game breaking bugs that can break some quests. What's the likelihood of this happening? Just looking for some insight into people's experience. I've got no problem waiting a bit for a patch before buying the game. 

Edited by bikeman223

Happened to me twice, on first camp, when I killed every enemy nothing happens, reload last checkpoint, travel and travel back and the same, load an older manual save and finally can continue.

And just today, on third region, after one mission, a discover fox didn't appear, and I tried to pray on shrine, but nothing happens, again last checkpoint and travel, even exit the game didn't work, reload an older manual save did.

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

None issues here either whatsoever. A absolutley Great game everyone should get 1f44d.png

Minus side from me is that the boss and general fights were to easy 1f44d.pngThey  should of tweekd this so atleast you got more challenge .

Or just play on lethal difficulty

Edited by dannyswfc9

The only glitch I encountered was of the funny variety I brutal killed a general (cut his head off) and went to looting the room turn around and his headless body is slowly crawling around with the end his misery thing floating above 

So it apparently thought decapitation was a mortal wound but not bad enough to fully kill him so I had to end his suffering

57 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Or just play on lethal difficulty

That is what i did! To shame it was no Trophies for it ?

56 minutes ago, enclosed-hairdo said:

Lethal difficulty isn't easy, it's a good challenge, especially with the camera angles in combat and no lock-on options. 

The bosses werent a challange on Lethal, atleast for me?

I have experienced no glitches. However I've read on other forums of people thinking they've glitched out the "Body, Mind, and Spirit" bronze trophies, saying they "cleared out the map and it did not pop". In reality they missed the Bamboo chop, Haiku and Hot spring tutorials in Hiyoshi hot springs area.

1 hour ago, wackt1 said:

I have experienced no glitches. However I've read on other forums of people thinking they've glitched out the "Body, Mind, and Spirit" bronze trophies, saying they "cleared out the map and it did not pop". In reality they missed the Bamboo chop, Haiku and Hot spring tutorials in Hiyoshi hot springs area.

Or swear they got everything and don't realize the final haiku is mandatory last mission

57 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Or swear they got everything and don't realize the final haiku is mandatory last mission

That too

Also for the fox dens, Some players have said that foxes wont spawn. Though this is either because the person already honored the corresponding shrine before discovering the said fox den. or there is some side quests nearby that are not letting the fox come out.

But, for the most part there are no game breaking glitches that block trophy progress

Edit: just saw that you 100% the game already. GG

Edited by wackt1
  • Like 1

I had one ANNOYING Glitch myself... The Trophy for discovering a Pillar Of Honour didn't unlock like 3 times in a row (had to restart the game each time to make sure it was the first time unlocking one) in the end I had to delete the Install and got it on Version 1.00 off the Disc. Don't know what happened there since it wasn't a reported Glitch/Issue at the time ?‍♂️ other than that no problems for me. 

I didn't run into anything my first playthrough.  My second one I had a sidequest seem to glitch on me when I entered a hut to trigger the dialogue that pushes the next step in the quest forward.  I entered then exited immediately but the dialogue triggered and finished. The quest text didn't jump to the text step so I was stuck, even after going back into the hut to make sure.  Restarting checkpoint fixed it though.

Maybe someone can help me out. I went through and liberated the farms that the mongols took over. The ones that unlock as soon as you go into chapter/ act 2. I finished all 6 farms but only received 4 keys. I have the AOI, KUTA, OHAMA, and YAGATA keys but not the other two. All six locations are no longer red. Is this a glitch or did I miss something?

10 hours ago, StressEater said:

Maybe someone can help me out. I went through and liberated the farms that the mongols took over. The ones that unlock as soon as you go into chapter/ act 2. I finished all 6 farms but only received 4 keys. I have the AOI, KUTA, OHAMA, and YAGATA keys but not the other two. All six locations are no longer red. Is this a glitch or did I miss something?

Two of the farms in the second region give keys, have you done those yet? 

6 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Two of the farms in the second region give keys, have you done those yet? 

No I have not. Thank you. It just seemed weird to me that I got a key for the first 4 farms I liberated but not the last two. I am trying to avoid the internet so there are no spoilers. 

On 8/16/2020 at 0:07 AM, StressEater said:

No I have not. Thank you. It just seemed weird to me that I got a key for the first 4 farms I liberated but not the last two. I am trying to avoid the internet so there are no spoilers. 

The quest info also tells you the farm names that have them.

To add to the topic, I played on release day and played to platinum in almost a session, didn't hit a single bug or glitch. It was an amazing experience.

14 hours ago, Draps-1337 said:

The quest info also tells you the farm names that have them.

To add to the topic, I played on release day and played to platinum in almost a session, didn't hit a single bug or glitch. It was an amazing experience.

It is truly an amazing game so far. I am just into Act 2 and I am still really enjoying the game. I am taking my time with it and just trying to enjoy it for what it is. They really put a lot into this game. Some of the detail is amazing. I really enjoy the horse mechanics. It is such a breath of fresh air from RDR2. 

• Like 1

Ugh, I think I may have screwed myself over. I glitched out of bounds and got up into the third area before I was supposed to. While I was up there I grabbed a few sashimono banners in the ‘kill General Bartu’ area. Now when I’ve come back to do the mission during act 3 it doesn’t count the two I collected. Anyone know if there’s a way to fix this? 

I got a checkpoint glitch on the first castle, I first tried sneaking and killing everyone one by one, then after the third or fourth enemy, someone saw me so I restarted the checkpoint.

However, the checkpoint was already considering I killed everyone and cleared the area, and I had to do the next objective.

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2020 at 0:09 AM, postofficebuddy said:

Ugh, I think I may have screwed myself over. I glitched out of bounds and got up into the third area before I was supposed to. While I was up there I grabbed a few sashimono banners in the ‘kill General Bartu’ area. Now when I’ve come back to do the mission during act 3 it doesn’t count the two I collected. Anyone know if there’s a way to fix this? 

This was fixed with the Legends patch. I loaded the save with the 2 glitched sashimono banners and the game recognized that I had collected them and the Bartu duel started as soon as I blew up the powder cart. 

• Like 1