cxool123

How to obtain glitched trophies

195 posts in this topic

Just now, cxool123 said:

@IsaacDK503 Yes they are. If your game crash its over.

 

 

 

I could update the guide, if someone can confirm me that 1.09 is not bugged (able to turn off the PS4, and the stats are actually carried over), I might give it a try (wanted to play the DLCs anyways), and update the guide with the downgrade.

The game never crashed to me, I just start playing again yesterday but I think by now I should have had 100 stealth kills

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FINALLY PLATTED

never again games from hangar13
good luck to everyone still trying this

Edited by thalles_63
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did my 6th walk trough and this stupid game crashes just before the last racket boss to obtain the trophy for flipping them. It's really frustrating 😠

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm that on version 1.09, I earned the following trophies even if I turned the game off while playing offline:

  • Family
  • Just You And Me
  • Big Earner
  • The New Boss
  • No Loose Ends
  • Can't Trust a Rat

I didn't experience any crashes or slowdowns that I did on the latest version but I was still backing up my save once in a while. The platinum trophy is finally mine and getting it has been the most ridiculous journey I've experienced on PS4. I won't play a Hangar 13 game again unless there are absolutely no glitches and performance drops.

 

To everyone who is still struggling: highly recommended that you downgrade Mafia III to version 1.09 and save yourself a lot of pain by trying to sit through the game in one go -- on the only one-sitting playthrough I attempted, the game crashed during the Santangelo mission near the end of the game on the latest version. Quite a few people seem to have had success with downgrading and it still boggles the mind that the developer broke trophies in the latest patch and didn't bother to fix it.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, l33sar54 said:

I can confirm that on version 1.09, I earned the following trophies even if I turned the game off while playing offline:

  • Family
  • Just You And Me
  • Big Earner
  • The New Boss
  • No Loose Ends
  • Can't Trust a Rat

I didn't experience any crashes or slowdowns that I did on the latest version but I was still backing up my save once in a while. The platinum trophy is finally mine and getting it has been the most ridiculous journey I've experienced on PS4. I won't play a Hangar 13 game again unless there are absolutely no glitches and performance drops.

 

To everyone who is still struggling: highly recommended that you downgrade Mafia III to version 1.09 and save yourself a lot of pain by trying to sit through the game in one go -- on the only one-sitting playthrough I attempted, the game crashed during the Santangelo mission near the end of the game on the latest version. Quite a few people seem to have had success with downgrading and it still boggles the mind that the developer broke trophies in the latest patch and didn't bother to fix it.

 

Still a shame. However people have told me the Mafia I remake that Hangar 13 also developed has been pretty good for the most part. No bad glitches or bugs preventing people from earning the platinum in it.

 

Will be picking that up in the near future.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, l33sar54 said:

I can confirm that on version 1.09, I earned the following trophies even if I turned the game off while playing offline:

  • Family
  • Just You And Me
  • Big Earner
  • The New Boss
  • No Loose Ends
  • Can't Trust a Rat

I didn't experience any crashes or slowdowns that I did on the latest version but I was still backing up my save once in a while. The platinum trophy is finally mine and getting it has been the most ridiculous journey I've experienced on PS4. I won't play a Hangar 13 game again unless there are absolutely no glitches and performance drops.

 

To everyone who is still struggling: highly recommended that you downgrade Mafia III to version 1.09 and save yourself a lot of pain by trying to sit through the game in one go -- on the only one-sitting playthrough I attempted, the game crashed during the Santangelo mission near the end of the game on the latest version. Quite a few people seem to have had success with downgrading and it still boggles the mind that the developer broke trophies in the latest patch and didn't bother to fix it.

I am about to attempt my next playthrough with the downgraded version as well. I wanted to ask if you have to be offline through the entirety of the game or can you pop occasionally online when the game is turned off? I've got the digital version.

 

Also, is it ok to change clothes? :D 

Edited by MarcusPunisher
More stuff to add
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

17 hours ago, l33sar54 said:

I can confirm that on version 1.09, I earned the following trophies even if I turned the game off while playing offline:

  • Family
  • Just You And Me
  • Big Earner
  • The New Boss
  • No Loose Ends
  • Can't Trust a Rat

I didn't experience any crashes or slowdowns that I did on the latest version but I was still backing up my save once in a while. The platinum trophy is finally mine and getting it has been the most ridiculous journey I've experienced on PS4. I won't play a Hangar 13 game again unless there are absolutely no glitches and performance drops

I was just logging in to share my results.

 

I can confirm as well version 1.09 no issues with turning off the game while playing offline for the following trophies:

 

  • Big Earner
  • Just You And Me
  • No Loose Ends
  • Can't Trust a Rat

Unfortunately for me the last 2 trophies I need Family and The New Boss will have to wait for another day, as I am 3 play throughs in on this game and I am no longer having any fun with it.  So I am thinking about a day or two off from it.  

 

As another note I had no problem playing other games with the network connected or even downloading the expansions as longs I didn't have the disk in it didn't try to update.  When I did play I just took the network offline before I put the disk in. There was no performance issues either for me.

 

12 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I wanted to ask if you have to be offline through the entirety of the game or can you pop occasionally online when the game is turned off? I've got the digital version.

 

Also, is it ok to change clothes?

 

You should be fine to go online with the digital as long as you never start the game while online, I would recommend putting the game in a folder on your desktop/main page so you don't accidently start it.  Also go into the setting and turn off the auto download for applications while you are working on this so it doesn't try to download it when the system is in rest mode.  And you can change clothes no issue either.  I even downloaded one of the add-on packs after I downgraded, but made sure not to start the game while connected that is the main thing.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to share my experience on this, i just got the platinum for Mafia III a few minutes ago and the first run was playing normally (with crashes, glitches and all) and the second and third run was the trophies that were affected by the trophy progress wiping crashes (in my case, flipping 16 racket bosses). The second and third run were both done on Ver 1.12 so I took a huge risk and heavily prayed that there were no crashes during these runs and luckily enough, there wasn't.

 

So while playing on the latest version of the game on a PS4 Pro, I did not play offline and had an internet connection running during both runs.

 

The second run (Flip) I was going for:

  •        Can't Trust A Rat *Glitched* (Progress wiped from crash during Signs of the Time DLC, so had to start from scratch)
  •        Big Earner
  •        The New Boss *Glitched* (Also progress wiped)
  •        Just You and Me (may or may not be glitched because for the trophy Family, I did exactly the same thing that cxool123 listed which were assigning districts equally to each underboss             and then doing all of their side-missions before the final mission. Popped after doing Vito's side mission despite having around 5 or 6 crashes during my first playthrough).

And the third run (Kill) was:

  •       No Loose Ends *Glitched*

For the second run (Flip), i speedrunned the entire campaign, skipping every cutscene up to flipping the last racket boss which earned me "The New Boss" while killing all informants that were interrogated which earned me "Can't Trust A Rat" around the 11th racket. I tried to see whether putting the game into rest mode frequently was what was causing the crashes so i refrained from rest mode for the entire run (even when taking a break). While the PS4 Pro was heating up, collecting fuses in intervals of 3 for wiretapping, giving all districts to Vito and killing Burke and Cassandra, this run took me about 9-10 hours. So while i prayed during the last 2 rackets that the game didn't crash, it luckily did not and i got all the trophies i needed for that run. 

 

In hindsight, from what I learnt from my third run, you do not need to wiretap the areas where you are going to interrogate the informant(s) as the spare or kill will appear regardless whether you wiretapped the area or not. However, you do need to wiretap the area where you're gonna Confront the racket boss, so this should clear most of the fuses you need to collect.

 

For the third run (kill), I did the same route as the Flip run except not collecting any fuses because they are not needed and killing every informant and racket boss. This was done immediately after finishing the Flip run but i closed the game, opened it and started new game just in case. Near the 10th racket done, my PS4 Pro's fans were pretty loud because it was a hot day as well so praying for the crashes were greatly increased. Like the second run, no crashes ever occured and after killing the 16th racket boss and seeing "No Loose Ends" and "Let The Good Times Roll (Platinum)" trophy popped, I closed and uninstalled the game. Without collecting fuse, the run took 8 hours.

 

So because I took a huge risk and did not downgraded to 1.09, I wanted to share with you guys that this is possible on the latest version although I cannot vouch that this is 100% guaranteed with no crashes for anyone else's run as possibly anything in the game can randomly warrant a crash the further you go in the run. I'm also wondering whether the crashes were related to playing the game for a long time, frequently using rest mode when necessary or both. 

 

Anyways, best of luck to those who are going for the platinum, whether you downgraded or tried your own method! Finally done with this mentally-taxing game (had a way easier time with Mafia 1 Definitive Edition and Mafia 2 just had graphical glitches and occasional falling through maps).

 

Edited by Piro
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2020 at 0:48 PM, MarcusPunisher said:

I am about to attempt my next playthrough with the downgraded version as well. I wanted to ask if you have to be offline through the entirety of the game or can you pop occasionally online when the game is turned off? I've got the digital version.

 

Also, is it ok to change clothes? :D 

Good questions. I left my console fully offline the whole time I had Mafia III installed in case the game wanted to update to the latest version if I pop online. Don't worry, the trophies will sync up just fine when you connect to the internet afterwards.

 

As for changing clothes: no idea since I played in the default outfit but I can't see why you couldn't do it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I didn't stop playing this game before lol. I had it when it first came out and stopped playing after my second play through and put it down until the trilogy came out. I would have had 100% completion a long time ago. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back to report on my progress with the downgraded version. Throughout my playthrough of turning the console off, restarting checkpoints, 0 crashes, and being offline the entire time, I was able to unlock the following trophies:

 

- Can't Trust a Rat

- The New Boss

- Big Earner

- No Loose Ends

- Just You and Me

Big thing was the glitched trophies that I was finally able to unlock and get the platinum. If anyone is trying to get the platinum, I highly suggest downgrade the game as it is the safest option without wasting your time and doing it in one sitting. The downgrade steps are easy to follow and it doesn't take very long. Trust me, if I can do it, ANYONE can do it. :D 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my game just crashed right after i finished river row.  i already grinded out all of the kill trophies earlier in my playthrough so I don't have to worry about them.  should i just restart from scratch and hope it doesn't crash again or should i finish the game and hope the trophies pop? thanks

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I'm back to report on my progress with the downgraded version. Throughout my playthrough of turning the console off, restarting checkpoints, 0 crashes, and being offline the entire time, I was able to unlock the following trophies:

 

- Can't Trust a Rat

- The New Boss

- Big Earner

- No Loose Ends

- Just You and Me

Big thing was the glitched trophies that I was finally able to unlock and get the platinum. If anyone is trying to get the platinum, I highly suggest downgrade the game as it is the safest option without wasting your time and doing it in one sitting. The downgrade steps are easy to follow and it doesn't take very long. Trust me, if I can do it, ANYONE can do it. :D 

What did you type in the "Map to path" I get an error when I'm trying to download the patch now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlessTheDead said:

What did you type in the "Map to path" I get an error when I'm trying to download the patch now.

I took a link that @Spinacheq provided from PS4database,copy paste that over, and it worked like charm. Just make sure that at the end it says json

 

Here is the link: http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA03652_00/73/f_cd2ab46d6e8f4f2c8f9b4e8653b83adcec07cb578ffc5278d41814381db047b8/f/UP1001-CUSA03652_00-MAFIA30000000001-A0109-V0101.json

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2020 at 6:59 AM, cxool123 said:

 

 

Disconnect internet, delete save files, play the game without leaving the game. Reloading a checkpoint and putting the ps4 on sleep mode is permitted. Family requires to give 3 districts to everyone, and then do all secondary missions in one go (or leaving by putting the PS4 on sleep mode). Most bugs can be fixed while reloading a checkpoint. If the Game crash, every stats reset to zero, so the racket related trophies are over and you have to restart a run.

 

 

Big thanks to everybody that contributed on the other topics and forums. I did my possible to bring everything in one post. It took me 7 playthrough to finally get them trophies. No Loose End is my last one for the platinum. Keep it up guys, with a bit of luck the Plat is obtainable.

 

Edit: Just got the platinum. It's doable with some willpower and a bit of luck.

Holy shitballs. This sounds like the biggest clusterfuck of all time. You would think that after making two whole games previously they wouldn't screw up the third in a trilogy trophy-wise. Anybody got any insight into why this is the case? 

 

I won't be adding this to my shortlist any time soon that's for sure.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got my Platinum for this worthless game... lol  I say that but the story wasn't bad the first time I played it.  I can confirm again that on this complete play through, I did Family, and The New boss at version 1.09 with network off.  I turned the system off and on several times over the last couple days as I could only stand to play my 4th playthrough in 2 hour doses.  I had no issues even with all the DLC downloaded and changing outfits or anything.  

 

Good Luck to anyone else out there trying to clean this trophy set up.  I would recommend downgrading to version 1.09 and save yourself a lot of hassle.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last update from 2K support

 

Andrei K., Nov 21, 2020, 4:49 PST:

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to 2K Support! My name is Andrei and I will be looking over your request!

The development team has been notified of this issue and are currently working toward a solution. However, we do not have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and therefore don't have a timeline on when a fix will be implemented.

As soon as that information will be available, our players will be the first to know - I suggest that you keep an eye on our @2K

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Andrei K.
2K Support

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Patch 1.00 (normal edition) can't do that? You need 1.09 where the counter is not defective? I don't know how to bring a downgrade to the PS4.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 2:59 AM, MushuHard said:

Did anyone tried on ps5? :)

 

I was wondering about this as well. I may have had enough time pass where I am willing to try to get my last couple of trophies... or maybe I will just downgrade. Seems like a pain though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2020 at 5:36 AM, londoss said:

Last update from 2K support

 

Andrei K., Nov 21, 2020, 4:49 PST:

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to 2K Support! My name is Andrei and I will be looking over your request!

The development team has been notified of this issue and are currently working toward a solution. However, we do not have visibility on their progress here in customer support, and therefore don't have a timeline on when a fix will be implemented.

As soon as that information will be available, our players will be the first to know - I suggest that you keep an eye on our @2K

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Andrei K.
2K Support

 

This is, verbatim, the update I got months ago. I don't think they are doing anything, haha.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RetroplayChief said:

With Patch 1.00 (normal edition) can't do that? You need 1.09 where the counter is not defective? I don't know how to bring a downgrade to the PS4.

No, me neither. Is it possible without a physical disk? Any help appreciated! Thanks! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started this 1 week ago and downgraded to 1.09 even when shutting down the game multiple times, not a single trophie glitches. Only need 2 more story trophies and the dlc done. Then a second walk-through to get the kill trophies. Will sync when it's all done. Also the game has not shut down with an error. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

No, me neither. Is it possible without a physical disk? Any help appreciated! Thanks! 

 

I have 2x Mafia III. Definive Edition and the First Edition. ^^ 

 

There is no instruction in my language how to downgrade to 1.09 and you can wait for a patch here in vain. With the patches after 1.09 have the trophy system only completely messed up. Most destroyed trophy system of all known games.

Edited by RetroplayChief
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30. 11. 2020 at 10:47 PM, JABing said:

 

I was wondering about this as well. I may have had enough time pass where I am willing to try to get my last couple of trophies... or maybe I will just downgrade. Seems like a pain though.

Lets see if anyone is willing to try it otherwise I surelly will but not before january :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.