Shadowman Remastered announced

Z1MZUM

Wait is this for real???? Oh dear lord what's with all the goodies lately? 

Shadowman is yet another awesome old game that I absolutely LOVED. They really are bringing up all the blasts from the past. 

Can't wait to get to the temples and get the toucher, marcher and nager power ups again. Loved those levels. 

• Like 2

Dreamcast version is fantastic, there is an audio fault which actually adds to the games atmosphere. Particularly when you are near any of the serial killers. I love this game and it seems surreal, I played it last night on the dreamcast through a vga cable and using an OSSC. 

Edited by Z1MZUM
  • Like 1

OMG! This is my 2nd favorite game of all-time. I can't believe this. To anyone who never played this, it's sooo good. You need to get a couple of hours into it, and you also need to be able to live with the... rough graphics, obviously. But it's such an interesting story and World. And the villains! Oh... the villains...

• Like 2

This is the last remaster I would have expected, but great. I was obsessed with this game as a kid; still have the N64 version on my shelf.

It'll be nice to play the game with dual analog for once. It was pretty awkward to control.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate
  • Like 1

Can't edit the title to Shadow Man, guess I was too excited ;) This is one of my favorite games ever made, I don't think I could compare the atmosphere. Since 1999 I've always viewed this game as receiving unfair criticism. I get it that the ps1 version was not great though the DC and N64 versions shine, I get that it's difficult and maybe a bit buggy. Releasing this more then 20 years later with unreleased content just blows my mind. I'm sure fans of the game get it, "Come On Slowpoke!"

37 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

I get it that the ps1 version was not great though the DC and N64 versions shine

Bit of an understatement, haha. The PlayStation version was utterly atrocious, and unfortunately, it gave a lot of people a terrible impression of the game.

I bought the PS1 version first, and still managed to have some fun with it, despite the horrendous frame rate and godawful visuals. But, man, once I switched to the N64 version, I just couldn't believe the difference!

On 8/7/2020 at 7:56 PM, ScarecrowsFate said:

Bit of an understatement, haha. The PlayStation version was utterly atrocious, and unfortunately, it gave a lot of people a terrible impression of the game.

I bought the PS1 version first, and still managed to have some fun with it, despite the horrendous frame rate and godawful visuals. But, man, once I switched to the N64 version, I just couldn't believe the difference!

My first experience was the DC version in CDI Iso format, I bought the game after that and remember the guy in the store laughing at the game. So I asked him, Have you even played it? He turned red. I recently bought the GDemu and have made it to the asylum so far, the experience is the same as it was 20 years ago.

An I know but I'm trying to be nice about the playstation version, It really was terrible. The N64 version is fantastic though as well.

• 8 months later...

For anyone interested, Shadow Man Remastered has released on Steam, and here are the achievements for the game!

A very straightforward list. The only thing that looks slightly bothersome is collecting all of the Cadeaux, but they've added a Cadeaux counter to the Remaster so you at least can keep track of how many you still need in each level. Let's hope there'll be a Platinum Trophy when it releases on PlayStation ?

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/1413870/achievements

Btw, I absolutely love the art of these achievements!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

For anyone interested, Shadow Man Remastered has released on Steam, and here are the achievements for the game!

A very straightforward list. The only thing that looks slightly bothersome is collecting all of the Cadeaux, but they've added a Cadeaux counter to the Remaster so you at least can keep track of how many you still need in each level. Let's hope there'll be a Platinum Trophy when it releases on PlayStation 1f60d.png

Oh damn the list is out! Yeah, looks like a pretty simple list :D collecting all the Cadeaux however will be quite some pain, they are quite well hidden or on stupid platforms.

Still can't wait for the PS4 port!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

A very straightforward list. The only thing that looks slightly bothersome is collecting all of the Cadeaux, but they've added a Cadeaux counter to the Remaster so you at least can keep track of how many you still need in each level. Let's hope there'll be a Platinum Trophy when it releases on PlayStation 1f60d.png

Absolutely freaking interested, Thanks Man.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Oh damn the list is out! Yeah, looks like a pretty simple list :D collecting all the Cadeaux however will be quite some pain, they are quite well hidden or on stupid platforms.

Still can't wait for the PS4 port!

Haha yeah, I just can't wait. It's insane how hyped I am for a remaster of a 22 year old game ?

It looks like you'll basically 100% (or Platinum) this game for completing it, except for collecting all Cadeaux and shooting all the Helicopters in Gardelle County Jail, which seem to be the only "missable" trophies.

Edited by Maahniac
  • Like 1

Hmm, never played this one but I heard the Dreamcast and N64 versions of it were great. Good thing it's getting remastered on PS4. A fitting retro game to add to the collection and experience nowadays. ^^

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Hmm, never played this one but I heard the Dreamcast and N64 versions of it were great. Good thing it's getting remastered on PS4. A fitting retro game to add to the collection and experience nowadays. ^^

You truly need to play this one, trust me :> I have that one in a million vibe that you will love it xD

And I don't think any of the trophies are missable. The helicopters appear during the night also and all cadeaux are achievable at any point. Although it's a massive pain, I am not looking forward to it. 

Also in advance, better save the good ol' map, you will definitely need it :D

5A86AC5313DCECD562933A8665F78DA0ECCAAB07

• Like 3

I only ever played the PS1 version and it was my first encounter with a game even my kid mind considered absolutely awful. If the other versions were better then hopefully this is good too, I was just never bothered looking into them.

i had this game on ps1. i was young so wasn't really on the level with everything that had to be done wasn't used to the gameplay was weird but i played it for months, not sure if i finished it though, i just remember it being like a weird voodoo duke nukem type thing.

i want parasite eve, nightmare creatures, soul reaver series.also the suffering!

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

One of my absolute favourite N64 games growing up. A very creative, weird, interesting and atmospheric hidden gem that will hopefully reach a wider audience with this remaster.

Recently got the Valiant comic as a birthday present so I am in the Shadowman mood and all in for this when it releases on PS4.

Collecting all the Cadeaux will be quite fun to go back and go for that for the first time. 

• Like 2