Z1MZUM

Shadowman Remastered announced

12 posts in this topic

It's real, I saw it announced on Xbox one a few months ago. Hopefully off Dreamcast, looooooved that game. 

Wait is this for real???? Oh dear lord what's with all the goodies lately? 

Shadowman is yet another awesome old game that I absolutely LOVED. They really are bringing up all the blasts from the past. 

Can't wait to get to the temples and get the toucher, marcher and nager power ups again. Loved those levels. 

Dreamcast version is fantastic, there is an audio fault which actually adds to the games atmosphere. Particularly when you are near any of the serial killers. I love this game and it seems surreal, I played it last night on the dreamcast through a vga cable and using an OSSC. 

Edited by Z1MZUM

very nice, here's hoping for a physical release

OMG! This is my 2nd favorite game of all-time. I can't believe this. To anyone who never played this, it's sooo good. You need to get a couple of hours into it, and you also need to be able to live with the... rough graphics, obviously. But it's such an interesting story and World. And the villains! Oh... the villains...

I enjoyed this on the N64 back in the day, I was trying to get all the Souls but gave up after about half way through. Good to see this game revived for the current gen. 

This is the last remaster I would have expected, but great. I was obsessed with this game as a kid; still have the N64 version on my shelf.

It'll be nice to play the game with dual analog for once. It was pretty awkward to control.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate

Shadowman. Indeed. A pleasant, pleasant surprise. Loved it in the N64. "Now we are hunting."

Can't edit the title to Shadow Man, guess I was too excited ;) This is one of my favorite games ever made, I don't think I could compare the atmosphere. Since 1999 I've always viewed this game as receiving unfair criticism. I get it that the ps1 version was not great though the DC and N64 versions shine, I get that it's difficult and maybe a bit buggy. Releasing this more then 20 years later with unreleased content just blows my mind. I'm sure fans of the game get it, "Come On Slowpoke!"

37 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

I get it that the ps1 version was not great though the DC and N64 versions shine

Bit of an understatement, haha. The PlayStation version was utterly atrocious, and unfortunately, it gave a lot of people a terrible impression of the game.

I bought the PS1 version first, and still managed to have some fun with it, despite the horrendous frame rate and godawful visuals. But, man, once I switched to the N64 version, I just couldn't believe the difference!

On 8/7/2020 at 7:56 PM, ScarecrowsFate said:

Bit of an understatement, haha. The PlayStation version was utterly atrocious, and unfortunately, it gave a lot of people a terrible impression of the game.

I bought the PS1 version first, and still managed to have some fun with it, despite the horrendous frame rate and godawful visuals. But, man, once I switched to the N64 version, I just couldn't believe the difference!

My first experience was the DC version in CDI Iso format, I bought the game after that and remember the guy in the store laughing at the game. So I asked him, Have you even played it? He turned red. I recently bought the GDemu and have made it to the asylum so far, the experience is the same as it was 20 years ago.

An I know but I'm trying to be nice about the playstation version, It really was terrible. The N64 version is fantastic though as well.