Do you think should Infallible trophy be removed/altered?

Realtione

On 14/02/2021 at 10:53 AM, djb5f said:

Played a few rounds as I like Jump Club/Jump Showdown.  

Very easy to make the finale.  Had no issue with grabbers honestly.  But I can’t seem to outlast 1 or 2 others on the finale.  These rounds go on forever.

I thought someone posted before there is a time limit and there could be multiple winners?  I guess not as some of these Showdowns last over 5 minutes.

Easy(ish) mode but it does get repetitive quickly, much like the rest of the game.

There IS a time limit. Here's video of me winning jump showdown with the other guy (skip to the very end of the video) :

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Draexani said:

Today I won some episodes in Jump event, but one episode I was chasing the crown with other guy. It was spinning crazy hard and while I was jumping fast I got suddenly win. I didn’t saw him falling, maybe it was because of time limit? I can’t confirm. 

Interesting.  Wonder what the time limit is because I have been in a couple of really long matches and spectated a couple of more.

14 minutes ago, serpent_guy said:

There IS a time limit. Here's video of me winning jump showdown with the other guy (skip to the very end of the video) :

Thanks for posting.  Do you know what the time limit was.   You fast forwarded through it so we don’t know but yeah that was a long one.  

3 hours ago, djb5f said:

Thanks for posting.  Do you know what the time limit was.   You fast forwarded through it so we don’t know but yeah that was a long one.  

As the others have said, I think it was around 5 minutes. But really, you shouldn't bother with it because you won't have time to blink your eyes to your stopwatch next to your TV or something. Just do your best & hope you dont get grabbed or tossed.

7 hours ago, serpent_guy said:

Thanks for posting! Interesting! That final of yours was comparable to my final. There is one difference; at the "winner" screen you see your competitor, while I saw myself at my "winner" screen.

Platinums should be difficult, a really difficult trophy is exactly what every game should have. A platinum trophy should be an achievement you earned and not something that you just get. Earning platinums has lost its way over recent years due to them becoming easy because the developers know if it’s a hard platinum people won’t buy and play 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, mickbelfastefc said:

Platinums should be difficult, a really difficult trophy is exactly what every game should have. A platinum trophy should be an achievement you earned and not something that you just get. Earning platinums has lost its way over recent years due to them becoming easy because the developers know if it’s a hard platinum people won’t buy and play 

I don't think so, we trophy hunters are just a small part of the overall playerbase, and also this game is not even a year old, has 200K players only tracked here and is the most downloaded PS+ game of all time, and this is despite the huge backlash Infallible caused.

By the way with this jump event I came up short again, I reached the final like 9 times out of 10 and always reached the final 4, but only won once, I thought it would have been easier than in the Hexagone only event but I was wrong, maybe next time :lol:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, xIRockyRock said:

All the lies on twitter:

“there will be easier ways to earn that trophy.“

or

“maybe we remove/change it, but first we observe the situation.“

Actually it’s way harder now, since the „leave game“ glitch doesn’t work anymore.

They were just saying anything to silence us trophy hunters. Now they don’t give a fuck anymore.

I don't know why people keep saying they were lying on this tbh. The "leave game" glitch was never intended to be in the game, so that's not your comparison point. They have added modes like the hex-a-gone trials and jump show, which make infallible easier compared to main show, so they didn't lie when they said they would implement easier ways. As for "maybe we will remove/change, first observe", they have since observed many players get the trophy. They did say they wanted it to be hard but doable, and the current rate of achievers seems to reflect that. If nobody was earning it and they didn't change it, then you could call them a liar.

Btw, I agree with you that the trophy is unreasonably hard, and I would like them to go further than hexa trials and jump show to make it easier, but you can't say they've lied re adding easier ways & monitoring the situation.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, StacFace92 said:

I don't know why people keep saying they were lying on this tbh. The "leave game" glitch was never intended to be in the game, so that's not your comparison point. They have added modes like the hex-a-gone trials and jump show, which make infallible easier compared to main show, so they didn't lie when they said they would implement easier ways. As for "maybe we will remove/change, first observe", they have since observed many players get the trophy. They did say they wanted it to be hard but doable, and the current rate of achievers seems to reflect that. If nobody was earning it and they didn't change it, then you could call them a liar.

Btw, I agree with you that the trophy is unreasonably hard, and I would like them to go further than hexa trials and jump show to make it easier, but you can't say they've lied re adding easier ways & monitoring the situation.

There are also people winning in lottery daily. Just saying.

Also the special playlists don’t change anything. It’s still incredible amount of luck needed. You still need to survive 4 games and win the last one for only 1 out of 5.

They could do a mode where a whole team/squad can win, or last 5 players win, or something.

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, xIRockyRock said:

There are also people winning in lottery daily. Just saying.

Also the special playlists don’t change anything. It’s still incredible amount of luck needed. You still need to survive 4 games and win the last one for only 1 out of 5.

They could do a mode where a whole team/squad can win, or last 5 players win, or something.

Yes, like I said I do agree with you that they should go further, and squad mode is a good example of that. I was just pointing out that they have added something that makes it easier (lower number of people per match and no team rounds if nothing else), so they haven't lied. They just haven't made it as easier as we would have liked.

Edited by StacFace92

2 minutes ago, StacFace92 said:

Yes, like I said I do agree with you that they should go further, and squad mode is a good example of that. I was just pointing out that they have added something that makes it easier, so they haven't lied. They just haven't made it as easier as we would have liked.

I understand your point. And I agree with you. But for me it’s still a lie, because they haven’t changed enough.

Example:

Putting up the Titanfall 2 Training speedrun from 18 seconds to 20 seconds  = Easier

Removing 2 Roulette numbers and want you to guess right 5 times in a row = same bullshit as before.

But that’s only my opinion. I rather bet on skill, than luck. That’s what I learned from life ?

On 1/8/2021 at 11:37 AM, BRKs_Eagle said:

How are the devs "gatekeeping" if it's their game and they can literally do what they want? And the platinum isn't near impossible to obtain - it's at about 1.5% rarity last time I checked, and it's probably still gonna increase a little bit more. Also, it's ironic how you say "trophies are supposed to make it more challenging," but then you say you don't want a challenge right afterwards.

I consider trophy hunting a hobby. So I can be passionate about this topic but ultimately I'm not that bothered. I also respect every opinion apart from childish remarks like 'it's fun to watch people cry'. Also as a side note I don't think you understand what quoting someone means because you are calling me out based on sentences you made up and then you call it ironic. 

I disagree with the notion that devs can do whatever they like because it's their game. You can put hundreds of achievements obtainable in-game and that's fine but the trophy system we're talking about is literally Sony's property. Obviously there is nothing stopping a game creator from making in-game challenges that the game tracks and rewards you for. But there are some rules for any game released on a Sony console when it comes to trophies. Like the total value of all the trophies cannot exceed some arbitrary value. I don't know any other rules for trophies but I would like to see devs be reasonable. A team that bragged from the start about their platinum being impossible is not reasonable.

People can argue about the purpose of trophies all day. In my opinion 'Infallible' isn't fun, it isn't challenging, it doesn't make the game more interesting, it doesn't give it a longer life. I can safely say I'd still be playing Fall Guys from time to time if not for this useless trophy that left me with a distaste for otherwise great game.

• Like 3

On 19/02/2021 at 7:01 PM, sci-fi-math said:

I consider trophy hunting a hobby. So I can be passionate about this topic, but ultimately, I'm not that bothered. I also respect every opinion, apart from childish remarks like "it's fun to watch people cry." Also, as a sidenote, I don't think you understand what quoting someone means because you are calling me out based on sentences you made up and then you call it ironic.

I disagree with the notion that devs can do whatever they like because it's their game. You can put hundreds of in-game achievements and that's fine, but the trophy system we're talking about is literally Sony's property. Obviously, there is nothing stopping a game creator from making in-game challenges that the game tracks and rewards you for. But there are some rules for any game released on a Sony console when it comes to trophies, like the total value of all the trophies cannot exceed some arbitrary value or something like that. I don't know any other rules for trophies, but I would like to see devs be reasonable. A team that bragged from the start about their platinum being impossible is not reasonable.

People can argue about the purpose of trophies all day. In my opinion, Infallible isn't fun, it isn't challenging, it doesn't make the game more interesting, it doesn't give it a longer life. I can safely say I'd still be playing Fall Guys from time to time if not for this useless trophy that left me with a distaste for an otherwise great game.

I believe it's been shown by the almost 3k achievers that it's clearly not impossible. Go complain about Attacking Zegeta 2, a game which many believe to have actually impossible trophies because, well... it's a meme game. Or The Stanley Parable, which also had a trophy supposed to be unobtainable and that people could only get by using Notepad to change the game's files. And even if it was impossible, who cares? It's not breaking Sony's rules or anything, and, speaking of those, they're getting more and more lax with every console. So yeah, wouldn't really count on them to make significant changes on that front soon.

Also, if you're not playing a game you enjoy because of a simple trophy, then maybe, just maybe, you're playing the games you have for the trophies and not for the games themselves. Some food for thought.

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 0:07 PM, BRKs_Eagle said:

I believe it's been shown by the almost 3k achievers that it's clearly not impossible.

Of course trophy is not impossible but it's not fun. I see that as a complete failure on developer side. I play games with trophies in mind because it's an extra layer of enjoyment for me. I gave up on Fall Guys precisely because devs boast and joke about their shit trophy which spoiled the game for me, rather like when a friend told me a story about the lead singer of a band that made me stop enjoying their songs. I'm not taking a stand, I'm simply disgusted. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Satsarn13 said:

Would be interesting to know how many of the recent achievers are from boosting and how many are from playing solo. These 3 players I did the "Squad Goals" with recently all got the Infallible with just a few days between which seems a bit fishy. 

I'd say the most of the achievers at the moment, maybe all, got infallible with boosting-sessions. We started a boosting-group at the beginning of the year with about 20 players and got everyone to platinum since now.

This took us while, because it's also quite hard if you try to boost it. Much RNG can kill every streak. Even if you search a game at the same time, it might be, that the boosted guy goes into another lobby and has to fight for his/her own.

At the moment, winning solo 5 wins in a row will be nearly impossible. If somebody wants to have infallible, he/she should find a boosting group. Which is quite legit, in my opinion.

Edited by sn4pper92
  • Like 2

On 15/03/2021 at 11:55 AM, Satsarn13 said:

Would be interesting to know how many of the recent achievers are from boosting and how many are from playing solo. These 3 players I did the "Squad Goals" with recently all got the Infallible with just a few days between which seems a bit fishy. 

The game was so full of different boosting groups last weekend for hex trials, that at one point there was actually a group using EU of all servers to boost on. ? I'm pretty sure most, if not all, the recent achievers will be from boosting groups.

With that said, if you do decide to boost, please just pick an existing group to join. Don't set up a new one. There are plenty going now to choose from, and people creating even more groups just complicates things for everyone.

• Like 1

Just read this on IGN

https://t.co/5sBiZR6aDe?amp=1

One thing that will definitively be easier however, is Fall Guys' notoriously most difficult achievement and trophy. 'Infallible' asks you to win five entire episodes of Fall Guys in a row. And yes, Squads wins will count towards that – "In theory, we've made it four times as easy for people to achieve that trophy," says Walsh. "I said in an interview six months ago, I was like 'We're going to make it easier over time, for players to get that trophy.' And this is the future I was talking about. So we're finally there."

I for one am soo happy about this ?

• Like 2

Sounds great

By the way I played the Thin Ice event during the last days and I always got to the final three every time, so the Trophy is definitely doable solo, if one is skilled and lucky enough :P Also, I am surprised I did that well, I used to think Hexagone was my best final, and instead...