how to ruin my favorite game for over 10 years in half an hour.

11 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Ps3 and PS4 has always had this issue, to some degree, with multiple account progress. Resi 7 was completely ruined in exactly the same way - player 2 doesn’t get currency and isn’t able to upgrade weapons. There is a workaround where player 1 spends their cash on weapon then passes them to player two and gets them back before logging off, but it means you progresses at half the speed as on the 360 version the wife and I played. Sounds the same here. I can only presume it’s a system level issue. Only games I’ve played on PS that get it right have player progress saved on an external server.

False. White Knight Chronicles every player got drops and money, all online data was saved locally.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Fall Guys is a team of 40 people and they made that multi-player work for millions of people.

I mean they had tons of server problems so people couldn't play, and their online sucks so you get latency issues where you can "win" on your screen but actually you lost because you were behind. Really common on the tail minigames. So saying it "works", I guess, but it's hardly without it's own problems. But it is more understandable given the scope of each match and how many players and them being indie vs Square Enix who should know what they're doing but half the time seem like they let the janitor have a crack at programming.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

yeah.

how to ruin my favorite game for over 10 years in half an hour.

Just destroy the possibility to play with friends.

This "multiplayer" is BULLSHIT.

You cant join properly, only the host makes progress, to progress with all your friends (we play as duo or with 4 ppl together usually, all have fullversion of the game) you have to play with each person as a host once per level. otherwise the ppl without progress wont be able to follow to the next level. 4 times level 1, 4 times level 2 aso. BULLSHIT.

The best part of the game is in pieces. We were SO DAMN looking forwards to experience this again, and then they took all the good features from the game.

fuck this 2020. Everything that happens this year goes south.

Ughhhh I know right!!! God damn 2020!!!!

Pandemics....floodings....race riots... then just when you think things cant get any worse, SquareEnix goes and fucks up the multiplayer in Crystal Chronicles.

It truly is the end of days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

Ughhhh I know right!!! God damn 2020!!!!

Pandemics....floodings....race riots... then just when you think things cant get any worse, SquareEnix goes and fucks up the multiplayer in Crystal Chronicles.

It truly is the end of days.

yeah really, keep your sarcasm, i was talking about the remaining parts of my life, and didn't even include WW3 or covid, but yeah there is that as well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

yeah really, keep your sarcasm, i was talking about the remaining parts of my life, and didn't even include WW3 or covid, but yeah there is that as well.

I would think of a witty reply to this, but unfortunately Im far to busy building a nuclear fallout shelter in my garden.

12 hours ago, technole said:

False. White Knight Chronicles every player got drops and money, all online data was saved locally.

I didn’t say it was impossible to work around. This isn’t even a topic of debate. Many games where it’s an issue on ps systems and not Xbox. Where achievements unlock for player 2 but trophies do not, where progress is saved for player 2 on Xbox but not on ps. I guess you don’t play much LOCAL CO-OP. I haven’t played white knight chronicles, but are you sure you aren’t talking about ONLINE CO-OP?

Edited by thefourfoldroot

Started this last night with 2 friends. Had to run the first dungeon 3 times... Yeah this sucks.

Seemed like this is one of those things that never got playtested or something.

Another thing they could've done is update the control scheme. It was great when played on a GBA but it feels soo rough with a ps4 controller.

1. Levels are NOT that big
  2. Every time you finish a level you get a power-up, a broader opportunity if you complete the Bonus
  3. You might still need to redo certain levels for materials, recipes or power-ups

People are SO ANGRY about this issue, I can't understand the problem. I never got the opportunity to play with friends so I'm way ahead of all this hate, yet I admit that this is very unfortunate because I wanted to play with friends (guess what, I CAN STILL PLAY WITH FRIENDS DESPITE ALL THIS).

The only real problem is Connectivity Issues, which I've heard do exist.

I'll keep the Lite Edition until next week, hopefully the devs will address all of this problems in no time.

Edited by YORGOS_PB
typo

44 minutes ago, YORGOS_PB said:
  1. Levels are NOT that big
  2. Every time you finish a level you get a power-up, a broader opportunity if you complete the Bonus
  3. You might still need to redo certain levels for materials, recipes or power-ups

People are SO ANGRY about this issue, I can't understand the problem. I never got the opportunity to play with friends so I'm way ahead of all this hate, yet I admit that this is very unfortunate because I wanted to play with friends (guess what, I CAN STILL PLAY WITH FRIENDS DESPITE ALL THIS).

The only real problem is Connectivity Issues, which I've heard do exist.

I'll keep the Lite Edition until next week, hopefully the devs will address all of this problems in no time.

The issue isn't the gameplay or the grind as fans of the original already knew what to expect. The big issue is the way they took such a beloved game for the fans of it and crushed the soul out of it from the multiplayer side. The absolutely atrocious decisions made by the QA team is beyond me. Having to re-form up every single time you finish a dungeon to move onto the next one is ridiculous, host only progression, cannot visit towns together, lakes or travel through streams together, absolutely ridiculous loading screen times where even the Gamecube could load faster than this... Not to mention you can't drop many items or designs for friends like you could in the original.

It's a big deal to people who played with their friends because all the stuff that made it so fun has been ripped out and replaced with this hollow, single player-dungeon-queuesqe game that just doesn't bring it when it comes to being anything like the original in terms of satisfaction on a full adventure. Ya know, what the game is built around.

And then yes, the connectivity issues are a big thing as well. 

I'm just not impressed at all because I bought this to travel TOGETHER with my sister like the old days. Laugh at NPC's, run around towns together, go through those streams together, tell each other to hurry up crafting or even just see each other's idle animations. It's just all this little stuff that matters and it's just all gone. 

Single Player though is fine and not that big of a deal at all for anyone doing the SP route. 

And there's no Platinum. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sword said:

The issue isn't the gameplay or the grind as fans of the original already knew what to expect. The big issue is the way they took such a beloved game for the fans of it and crushed the soul out of it from the multiplayer side. The absolutely atrocious decisions made by the QA team is beyond me. Having to re-form up every single time you finish a dungeon to move onto the next one is ridiculous, host only progression, cannot visit towns together, lakes or travel through streams together, absolutely ridiculous loading screen times where even the Gamecube could load faster than this... Not to mention you can't drop many items or designs for friends like you could in the original.

It's a big deal to people who played with their friends because all the stuff that made it so fun has been ripped out and replaced with this hollow, single player-dungeon-queuesqe game that just doesn't bring it when it comes to being anything like the original in terms of satisfaction on a full adventure. Ya know, what the game is built around.

And then yes, the connectivity issues are a big thing as well. 

I'm just not impressed at all because I bought this to travel TOGETHER with my sister like the old days. Laugh at NPC's, run around towns together, go through those streams together, tell each other to hurry up crafting or even just see each other's idle animations. It's just all this little stuff that matters and it's just all gone. 

Single Player though is fine and not that big of a deal at all for anyone doing the SP route. 

And there's no Platinum. 

I understand and agree that it was a big mess of a release, I just don't understand the quality of hate I've found so far.
Like, seriously, give it a break, it literally jut released. Flame Squenix all you want if they do nothing in 1 week.

I was also hoping to play with friends but that will have to wait, and it's completely fine. I'm really hoping they fix the game because as much as I love playing solo I want to play with friends.

I'm also surprised by the amount of original solo players, I didn't had the Tingle Cable and it felt like a privilege to play this with friends back in the day

Edited by YORGOS_PB
autocorrect

On 8/28/2020 at 1:33 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

I didn’t say it was impossible to work around. This isn’t even a topic of debate. Many games where it’s an issue on ps systems and not Xbox. Where achievements unlock for player 2 but trophies do not, where progress is saved for player 2 on Xbox but not on ps. I guess you don’t play much LOCAL CO-OP. I haven’t played white knight chronicles, but are you sure you aren’t talking about ONLINE CO-OP?

You implied it's a Playstation issue and it's not. My trophy card speaks for itself.

White Knight Chronicles is online co-op and all 4 players get trophies, progress, money, and drops. Even a more simpler game, Dungeon Hunter Alliance on Vita everyone gets progress and drops.

Edited by technole

28 minutes ago, technole said:

You implied it's a Playstation issue and it's not. My trophy card speaks for itself.

White Knight Chronicles is online co-op and all 4 players get trophies, progress, money, and drops. Even a more simpler game, Dungeon Hunter Alliance on Vita everyone gets progress and drops.

It is a PlayStation issue, just not the issue you we’re assuming. 
Yes, online games are fine when everyone has their own local PS, that’s obvious, when multiple accounts are using the same console is when the very well known issue arises. 
Hope Sony sort this out for the PS5 system.

2 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

It is a PlayStation issue, just not the issue you we’re assuming. 
Yes, online games are fine when everyone has their own local PS, that’s obvious, when multiple accounts are using the same console is when the very well known issue arises. 
Hope Sony sort this out for the PS5 system.

Incorrect, local player 2 can earn trophies on PS4. It requires signing into a unique account.

2 hours ago, technole said:

Incorrect, local player 2 can earn trophies on PS4. It requires signing into a unique account.

Don't forget that the games must support it that the second player can earn trophies too.

I hope that it will become standard with the PS5.

8 hours ago, technole said:

“Can”. Yes. But it requires workarounds. Simply signing in as a unique account is not enough and hasn’t been since the days of PS3.

I’m genuinely confused about how you are an active member of a trophy focused site and don’t know the everyday issues of player 2 trophy inconsistency in local multiplayer games.

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I actually think the multiplayer works for the story. In the story, you are ONE caravan from ONE town. Your caravan can consist of up to eight characters but only four can go into battle. If I take my character and join another caravan, I am joining them on their quest to collect drops for their town. Makes sense I wouldn't progress my caravan's collection, you only get one drop from a tree every two years. Not being able to collect loot? Ok, that is a sham, I should get something or there is no incentive to play with others. Playing dungeons multiple times? You are probably going to do that anyway to collect all the artifacts for either the trophy or just wanting to have the best character you can. Plus, collecting material and gil needed for supplies/equipment upgrade. Trading out after every dungeon completion (especially among four players) would be annoying and time-consuming. Maybe round robin days, each day you have a different host. It is how I do my multilayer. Agreed it is not the best that it could be but on the Gamecube, you had to have multiple GBAs and their special cords to play multiplayer, you only played one file, and I do not know if multiple players could collect artifacts or not. Agreed it is not ideal with the multiplayer or not collecting loot, but it works for how this story exists. I do hope it gets better for you either through a workaround on your part or an upgrade for the game.

14 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

his is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I actually think the multiplayer works for the story. In the story, you are ONE caravan from ONE town.

I disagree indeed. ONE Caravan never consists of only one Character. All caravans have multible members, the story of the black knight even stated "A single person as a caravan attracts attention" something like that, I didn't play in english but in german so the original sentence will be a bit different.

A lot of stuff that was particularly for MP wasn't properly changed into SP too storywise, like back in the days everyone got mails and mogry always told how many mails he had with him, but this function is not required since he can NEVER havemore than onemail in the remaster now. They just left it as it is, and that implies to me that they didn't put much work into the game.

15 hours ago, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

I disagree indeed. ONE Caravan never consists of only one Character. All caravans have multible members, the story of the black knight even stated "A single person as a caravan attracts attention" something like that, I didn't play in english but in german so the original sentence will be a bit different.

A lot of stuff that was particularly for MP wasn't properly changed into SP too storywise, like back in the days everyone got mails and mogry always told how many mails he had with him, but this function is not required since he can NEVER havemore than onemail in the remaster now. They just left it as it is, and that implies to me that they didn't put much work into the game.

I didn't say one character. I said one caravan for one town with eight members in the caravan and only four of them taking part in the battles. Someone came and helped you on your gamecube, then they played one of the eight members attached to the caravan.  I agree though. They didn't put the work into the game to fix the problems that are obvious with porting a game with local multiplayer to internet multiplayer. However, story-wise, only one of the four internet players collecting a drop from a tree makes sense, is logical, and the way it should be. Better MP connectivity, load times, grouping options/staying group, and collecting artifacts for all players should be fixed.

• Like 1