New PS5 Trailer But no price

DividedByMankind

8 minutes ago, Alayaes said:

The price arguably doesn't matter until the point comes where you have to pay.

I'd wager it's anywhere from $400-$600.

I think your high end is closer. I would guess it to be around $599.99. So, add another controller, a couple games, and a decent headset and you will be around a grand. 

2 minutes ago, StressEater said:

I think your high end is closer. I would guess it to be around $599.99. So, add another controller, a couple games, and a decent headset and you will be around a grand. 

There is no reason for it to be priced that highly. PS3 launched at that price due to having a blue-ray player and it failed terribly. They won't make the same mistake again. $400 bucks, doubt it will be any higher. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

There is no reason for it to be priced that highly. PS3 launched at that price due to having a blue-ray player and it failed terribly. They won't make the same mistake again. $400 bucks, doubt it will be any higher. 

I hope you are right. I would rather pay $400 than $600. 

Less than 4 months away?  More like 2.5 months away at this point.  Mid-November expected.

19 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

$600 in 2006 is far different than $600 today.   I bet $499 for digital and $579 for with disc which in relative dollars will be far cheaper than the 2006 release.

• Like 1

Here are my predictions for the price of the two SKU's.

Anti-Consumer (digital only): $429.99 to $479.99

Consumer Friendly (with disc drive): $499.99 to $579.99

I don't intend to pre-order since I lack the funds.  I do have a complete copy of the original Shantae on the Game Boy color that I could probably sell for enough money to by the system, a game or two and a 4K TV to play it with.  Assuming it sells for as well as some have reported it goes for (around $2,000.00 to $3,000.00 for a complete copy).

Yeah i am chilled? I am just really curious about the price. To me it does not matter if they charge 699 aswell for it. I pre ordered 2(disc version) anyways. One for me and one for my brother.But the price matters to alot of people i know. And understandable.

So if i was going to guess: My price Estimate would be either 399$ for digital and 499$ for disc(this price sounds more likely). And Uk 349£ for digital and 449£ for disc. 

But worst case scenario: They could charge 499$ for digital and 599$ for disc. And this really does not have anything to have to do with ps3 pricing. Not sure who has rights to blue ray today. But back in the day if i remember correctly alot of companies had rights to it. That is why MS didnt wanna pay for it since it got to expensive and also around 2006 blue ray was new, thats why their 360 console was cheaper i think. I could be wrong about it, but a quick google search should tell?

Also i think 600 in 2006 was like almost 700 today. I think

Edited by DividedByMankind

There's not going to be a price difference of $100.00 between the two editions.  The anti-consumer model should have identical hardware to the consumer friendly model aside from the loss of the disc drive.  The manufacturing cost of a disc drive is somewhere around $20.00 to $30.00 per unit on the scale Sony is manufacturing the machines.  Hence why I think the price difference will be somewhere between $30.00 to $75.00.  My guess is a $50.00 difference.

The more compact shell of the anti-consumer model might make a difference, too, but I doubt it would be anything more than negligible.

Edited by LordBilbanes

If they haven't announced an official price point at this point, my guess is that they're planning to whoa everybody with that a few weeks before release date...and not in a good way, lol. xD

But for real, most likely they're holding up on that to compete with Microsoft because they haven't announced anything either. The current climate is pretty tough too, what with COVID still going around, the recession, and whatnot.

I really don't care much about the price of this thing right now, nor I will care for a long time. What I DO want to know is if the PS4 Pro (and its games) will be going down in price after the PS5 is released. ;)