PlayStation 5 Showcase | Discussion and Information

Sword

Okay, so Demon's Souls is a launch title. I don't know why they didn't just say that during the showcase, but whatever. It's the only real significant launch title from the looks of things too. The only other one that stands out is Miles Morales, but that's just a standalone expansion and is also releasing on PS4.

Hello everyone, 

I've been trying to update the OP of this thread as new information comes along so that you don't have to go hunting for pieces of info/you can look back and find stuff later on when you want too. 

Hopefully it helps compound all the information together. I'm sure more stuff will come up and I'll try to add it to the OP when I can!

I thought it was a pretty decent showcase all things considered. Sony brought big names to the table like Final Fantasy, Spider-Man, Resident Evil, Call of Duty, Harry Potter, the fan favorite Demon’s Souls and even teased an upcoming God of War. Big names to capture a large selection of gamers.

I kind of expected the disc drive version of the console to be $500 for a while now, so it’s nothing too surprising. The hype is big right now and there probably won’t be plenty of units at launch. I’m better off waiting for a while. I still have a lot of PS4 and PS3 titles to tie me over until I think about picking up a PS5. Hoping an all black console comes out, I think it would look more aesthetically pleasing to me.

Considering how much I loved RE7, there is no way I’ll live thru this lifetime and not play RE8. I like how FF16 has a medieval setting, almost like it’s a fantasy game and not sci-fi :awesome: I’ll be keeping a close eye on that one. Demon’s Souls looks super epic but I’m not sure if I’m skilled enough to tackle it. Wish there was some more information on Gran Turismo 7, but at least I know it’s on the way. Wish they’d set their sights on more backwards compatibility too. Oh well, I still liked what I saw ?

Edited by ShonenCat
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Havok_Knight said:

Heavily disagree with this sentiment, solely based on the visuals and gameplay of Demon's Souls. The other games just add onto it hard.

I really don't like to explain jokes.

49 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Can anyone give me a logical explanation why the games are 70 dollar but 80 euros?

Cause that makes no fucking sense whatsoever, euro being worth more than dollar. What is this shit?

$70 is pre tax. However, US dollar being worth less, this is still a pretty bad joke.

Edited by HusKy

54 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Pre-orders are live here in Australia too! Just got mine in through EB! Pre-ordered with Miles and Demon's Souls.

Waiting on JB Hifi for PS5 game pre orders lol. Ordered my PS5 + charging station + 1 extra controller bundle from EB Games but I'm still hoping that JB Hifi is gonna be selling games cheaper. Also, I love to get special/collector's editions so I'm waiting on those to be available if there's any. There's no rush for pre ordering PS5 games since they're not limited like PS5 consoles are.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

Just now, PostGameBlues said:

Waiting on JB Hifi for PS5 game pre orders lol. Ordered my PS5 charging station and controller bundle from EB Games but I'm still hoping that JB Hifi is gonna be selling games cheaper. Also, I love to get special/collector's editions so I'm waiting on those to be available if there's any. 

Did you know EB price match? JB is always cheaper but I pre-order everything in EB and they price match other stores. You just tell them where it's cheaper and at what price and when they confirm it you're good to go. I prefer the standard editions (I don't like steelbooks etc.) so happy to order mine now ?

3 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Did you know EB price match? JB is always cheaper but I pre-order everything in EB and they price match other stores. You just tell them where it's cheaper and at what price and when they confirm it you're good to go. I prefer the standard editions (I don't like steelbooks etc.) so happy to order mine now 1f60a.png

I prefer buying games through online shopping, and I've always found price matching to be dodgy to be honest lol. If your stores are willing to price match other retailers, why not just bring your prices down to immediately match them instead of making consumers do the work for you? I know the answer to that question though and its that a lot of people that buy from EB Games tend to be either casual gamers or people buying games on behalf of others. They buy games at these much higher prices since they think EB Games is the go to shop, not being aware of other options. Anyway, all's well that ends well. We luckily both got our preorders!

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

I prefer buying games through online shopping, and I've always found price matching to be dodgy to be honest lol. If your stores are willing to price match other retailers, why not just bring your prices down to immediately match them instead of making consumers do the work for you? I know the answer to that question though and its that a lot of people that buy from EB Games tend to be either casual gamers or people buying games on behalf of others. They buy games at these much higher prices since they think EB Games is the go to shop, not being aware of other options. Anyway, all's well that ends well. We luckily both got our preorders!

Absolutely mate! Looking on the EB site now, both consoles are sold out! And yeah, I see what you're saying about the prices. I never really looked at it that way but it 100% does take advantage of people not in the know like parents, partners etc. trying to buy gifts.

Damn, games are now $125 here in Australia, across all available retailers. JB Hifi used to sell new games for 70-80, now they're the same price as EB Games. I hope some retailers will eventually sell PS5 games for cheaper. I was expecting $110 to $115, but $125 for a standard edition is kinda yikes. I sympathise with my fellow Kiwi and European gamers because I know the prices are fucked up there too.

Edited by PostGameBlues

The showcase was pretty good in my opinion, and Demon’s Souls looked gorgeous.

Now.. look at those 80€ price tags.. I was considering a digital console but now I don’t know.

They don’t even pay taxes digitally in my zone (unless i’m missing something) and the prices remain the same, I think it’s going to be a disc console again this generation, 100€ is something you can recover in 2-3 games borrowed for example.