PS4 Remastered Version Coming! Am i the only person hyped for this?

With EA announcing the Remastered Version of Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010 today and seeing nobody on here talking about it i ask myself, if i‘m the only person that is actually hyped for this?

Can‘t wait on doing the platinum on this one again and also to do all the DLC‘s! ?

With the developers beeing the same that did the Burnout Remaster, we kinda already know what is coming to us.

For me the open question would be, if the Game runs on 60 FPS since the PS3 version didn‘t.

Edited by Jeffboy24
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffboy24 said:

With EA announcing the Remastered Version of Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2010 today and seeing nobody on here talking about it i ask myself, if i‘m the only person that is actually hyped for this?

Can‘t wait on doing the platinum on this one again and also to do all the DLC‘s! 1f60b.png

With the developers beeing the same that did the Burnout Remaster, we kinda already know what is coming to us.

For me the open question would be, if the Game runs on 60 FPS since the PS3 version didn‘t.

There are thousands of Need for Speed Games out there so we all are tired of this series a little bit, maybe.

Edited by Sikutai

25 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

There are thousands of Need for Speed Games out there so we all are tired of this series a little bit, maybe.

I agree generally, but Underground 1 & 2 as well as Carbon back in the day were all amazing. A remake of any/all of them (ground-up remake) would be beyond sick.

• Like 3

this was prob one of their best need for speed games. i dont like the ones where you crash straight into a wall and your car is fine. this one was really fun to race against friends. the dlc was bullshit though. there was 2 races that are pretty much impossible (one cop one rival). even if you ace them, which is nearly impossible, you still usually dont beat the record time.

• Like 1

I still haven't played this yet, but I have a copy on PS3 i've been meaning to get to. I should probably do it before they decide to shut the online down or something.

Publisher Electronic Arts and developer Criterion Games have announced Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered, It will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Origin on November 6 and Switch on November 13. It will cost $39.99 on consoles and $29.99 on PC.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/10/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-remastered-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc

Felt this game to be uninspiring and will definitely avoid the remaster.  Not quite as bad as Rivals but that same type of game. 

Would have preferred Underground 1/2 or MW from the PS2 days or if they needed to go the PS3 to allow for an easier remake, Carbon or The Run would have been much better.

8 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

.there was 2 races that are pretty much impossible (one cop one rival). even if you ace them, which is nearly impossible, you still usually dont beat the record time.

i remember those. close to impossible but could be done. it taken multiple tries (one of my first hard challenges to ps3 gaming) plus i didn't know the actual difficulty of the game at the time i went in blind.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

i remember those. close to impossible but could be done. it taken multiple tries (one of my first hard challenges to ps3 gaming) plus i didn't know the actual difficulty of the game at the time i went in blind.

a couple of my friends did it. i kept getting either really close, or totally screwing up lol. one set back in the cop car one was you cant take much damage, but the cars are so god damn fast and the graphics arent crisp so you start off in the woods with a narrow road and so much car traffic that you hit things way to much. i think maybe if i went back and retried with a ps4 controller i might possibly have a chance if i keep replaying....maybe. or maybe i just suck lol. i recently did sniper ghost 2 and before i was having issues with shooting and i decided to go back and use a ps4 controller and passed the level the same day that i was stuck on previously

also it would be nice if they somehow implemented the music player like in ps3. ps3 you could store mp3s and then make a playlist for the game. i use to love that

Edited by melodicmizery

11 hours ago, Jeffboy24 said:

Can‘t wait on doing the platinum on this one again and also to do all the DLC‘s! 1f60b.png

Agree with you! Very much hyped to fully play through this one again, and get 100% completion for the third time ? Love this one.

I think 60 FPS has been confirmed at 1080p. And 30 FPS @ 4K.

• Like 1

Sounds good, as long as they do what is the norm with remasters and remove the multiplayer trophies.

This is one of the better NFS games to remaster, The Run was awful. How about a double remaster next; either Underground 1/2 or Shift and Shift 2 Unleashed?. Most Wanted was awesome at the time and MW2012 was also good to play but I can't see a third MW title anytime soon (unfortunately).