Sony Launching New PS Store on Web and Mobile This Month

Aranea Highwind

43 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

Just a suggestion for future articles: when posting news, always name a source. If you can't name a source for whatever reason then tell the reader how you got the information and how sure you are of its  validity. "A trusted developer who wishes to remain anonymous has shared this picture of an email which he received from Sony about the upcoming changes for the PS Store" for example. I'm sure that you have seen many fake leaks in the form of images without sources if you follow gaming and it really helps the reader to judge the validity of the article if you name a source. 

You're right and I agree. It's written at the beginning as "une source sûre" which means "a trusted source". 

Thanks for your suggestion :)

7 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

It's official..... Sony have lost their minds.

"Let's fuck with people's stats by totally resetting the trophy levels and values"

"Brilliant idea, let's do it."

"Nah, that's not enough.... how about we screw with the store, making it totally unusable and alienate a few million of our users?"

"Pure genius, that'll show Microsoft how to properly run a gaming business..."

I laughed so hard at this.

Sony sure is starting to make some pretty dumb decisions.  I do hope this is false as it makes no sense to alienate users.  While I do feel that the store needs a major clean up, removing certain content to purchase is not what I call cleaning up. 

It's almost like... people I work with are now working at Sony... Huh... ?

• Like 1

Welcome to the all digital world where platform holders can do anything with all content and customers just have to accept it. I cant wait when they shut down trophy upload for ps3 and vita eventually because it cost them money to maintain it. Sony is pretty cheap in that way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JesteR1701one said:

Welcome to the all digital world where platform holders can do anything with all content and customers just have to accept it. I cant wait when they shut down trophy upload for ps3 and vita eventually because it cost them money to maintain it. Sony is pretty cheap in that way.

I've been wondering about that lately. If they do shut it off then it'll just create massive disparity between the trophy level and the number of actual trophies. If all games became playable on the PS3 then it's not an issue. 

21 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I haven't been able to log into the browser store for like years anyways, so for PS4 at least (since I don't buy digital PS3 content anymore if I can help it) I've been buying on the console app.  No harm done.

That being said, if you're really into buying digitally and this news upsets you... this is just the beginning.  Even if it's just a rumor, wait until they take legacy console store apps offline entirely too because the pittance they make from it isn't worth the resources of maintaining it with backend overhauls over the next few generations.  I can see Xbox probably finding ways to make it work since Xbox Live is a finely tuned engine... though it'll probably succumb to it eventually too... but if the name change feature is any indication, the backends of PSN are held together with glue and duct tape and are due for some major restructuring down the road.  Most legacy platforms won't survive it.

My buddy had the same problem in Chrome. The problem is that sony changed the domain from the PSN store but still used the login part on the old domain which requires third party cookies to be allowed or an exception should be made in the settings for the site that violates this. Browsers started blocking third party cookies by default because it also contains a security risk. For that reason it's advised to only make an exception for the required site instead of completely turning it off.

Now my buddy only needs to delete his cookies for playstation and sonyentertainmentnetwork from time to time if he has problems again.

A better explanation:

With the recent change to the store only being accessible on store.playstation.com instead of store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, some users who use a PC, or even mobile, to access the store may have issues with logging in, like I did.

The reason for the failure is because the login is handled by sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, which is a third-party site when compared to store.playstation.com. If your browser is set to deny third-party cookies, you won't be able to login to the store on store.playstation.com, even though everything else will succeed, including www.playstation.com. Instead, every time you click the "Sign In" button, the login form will be reset to empty fields.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/playstation/comments/2zs7kh/playstation_store_and_thirdparty_cookies/

More details about the solution:

The fix was turning off "Block third-party cookies" on Chrome.

Or Still have on "Block third-party Cookies" but Add playstation.com, store.playstation.com, www.playstationnetwork.com, www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, auth.api.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com to "Allow".

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/827jdz/cant_sign_into_playstation_store_on_my_laptop/

Other browsers:
https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/fbhl9y/cant_login_to_playstation_store_sign_in_button/

I hope it helps you because the PC store is really a relief from the store on the consoles! Can't tell about mobile as I'm usually sitting behind my PC when I think of buying something :)

Never had that issue on Chrome. However, i was forced to use a completely different browser to login on a different account because i used the "surf anonymously" option to login in a different region while keeping the login from the main account. I don't know why but it doesn't work anymore with the same browser.

Edited by Lance_87

Not a good move, Sony. What's so bad about having a one-stop store? It can't be that hard to just have a filter for different PS systems, like kdogg_gamer_ just said.

Sony should consider adding legacy system compatibility to PS5 sometime. With the PS3 being complex, emulation of it on PS5 would probably take work but not necessarily be impossible. So I don't expect it right away. That said, it'd be a nice future addition... even if it is only available on a PS5 Pro. If my OG PS3 with the PS1/2 backward compatibility bites the dust, I would like to be able to play the older stuff on one system (and at higher rendering resolutions).

They could have perhaps changed the current store to an optional legacy version, while still removing the wishlist while introducing this shiny one as the default. Users would simply type in a different URL to access the legacy. Not dissimilar to what Reddit did with www.reddit.com & old.reddit.com

• Like 1

Makes me not want to buy a PS5, if this is how they treat Vita/PS3.

They removed the option for devs to put sales for the Vita. 2 Old 4 Gaming channel mentioned this.

Sometimes You the Publisher had to perma reduce select Vita games price.

Vita game store had problem with newest Vita games not showing up. Heard Utawaremono (3rd Vita game) won't show up on the Vita Store. 

Only through web store.

They could have had a hurrah last sale for PS3 and Vita.

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 7:24 PM, Faaip de Oiad said:

People are going apeshit over a rumour from PushSquare of all places? They are as trustworthy as Todd "syxteen tymez teh dee-tail" Howard.

PushSquare has been shit for years now. I’m surprised people still go to that place.

the ps5 is kinda doing more damage than improvements....

it's a matter of time and we will gonna hear that they will stop putting free plus games for the ps4 to put full attention to PS Plus Collection for the ps5, the freaking ps5 better be good after all these sacrifices, or this better be a rumor.. which I doubt it will be the reality sadly. 

Edited by yellowwindow7

I just find it hilarious they're taking away the option to buy PS4 themes and avatars on the mobile and browser web stores. Sony doesn't know what the fuck to do when it comes to designing shit. Microsoft obviously has a handle on it, because they have been in the software and programming business for far longer.

Business decision. Everything is focused on the PS5 making them loads of money. That's all they care about. It could be a steaming pile of shit and those worthless executives at the top will just see profit margins and trying to satisfy their shareholders.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eraezr said:

They could have perhaps changed the current store to an optional legacy version, while still removing the wishlist while introducing this shiny one as the default. Users would simply type in a different URL to access the legacy. Not dissimilar to what Reddit did with www.reddit.com & old.reddit.com

But aren't Reddit and Old Reddit the same thing? I mean, i don't think the new version has exclusive posts/subreddits.

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

PushSquare has been shit for years now. I’m surprised people still go to that place.

Again, the rumor doesn't originate from PushSquare. It's from a French website but confirmed by some devs on Twitter.

Edited by Lance_87

Still wondering if Sony could be sued especially because of that "certain Vita games aren't visible and cannot be bought from the Vita Store" thing. I don't give a **** if the console is old and whatever, it's just a matter of principle and certain games were released a few weeks/months ago.

Edited by Lance_87