Proposals for removing games and trophies from the playstation account

Carmanitooo

I wanted to remove stuff from my 'purchased' list as well but I saw a very good comment by someone basically saying, that leaves someone wide open for having their entire inventory deleted if they ever do get hacked. Hiding purchased from the PS4 inventory was a great idea. But you've already thought about this so that's a voided point. Just felt like mentioning it. I hid Bloodborne and MGSV from my PS+ library because I already owned those, seeing 2 of the same thing in purchased was beyond annoying, and confusing, so I understand you there. 

I like the idea of your 4th proposal. I didn't know you could actually do that, thank you. I bought Nier Automata via a cheap CDkey but I never played it, so I can sell it. I wanted to give it to a friend but I don't know if you can do that? Anyway. 

There was another trophy site online that still showed games I had removed due to the fact that the disks didn't work/hadn't played them yet but I think it's like the Xbox, that you can delete games with 0 trophies unlocked, like how I delete Fortnite from my trophy list after my sister plays battle royale. I don't think there would ever be a way to remove trophies though because it'll mess up leaderboards, such as this, and your own player score. I played Last of Us 1 just to play it and only got 1 trophy. Yeah I dislike the fact that I have that thing in my archive but deleting it or hiding it just messes up my ranking so I'll just leave it. It's also a little archive that I've played the thing. I've read some comments on here talking about how you can delete your profile on PS3 and get the trophies again but a) I don't know if that works or is true as I haven't found any information about that and b] I don't know if you have a PS3.

So what's the issue? You made an account on your friend's PS4 and then used that same account when you got your own one? I couldn't quite get that part!

4 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

This should be addressed to Sony, not this site. I believe this site is basically just set up to mirror PSN account data.

EDIT: Yes, I see you addressed that in your last paragraph, but I personally don't see much point in discussing beyond that, sorry.

I think it's just for discussion purposes? 

99% of us have spam in our backlogs, either from games that suck, trophies that won't unlock, games that don't sync, and that game you wanted to try for 1 minute and the developer decides to give you some god-awful trophy just for launching the game.  Don't obsess over it.

Unfortunately, even if you start a new account that doesn't guarantee you won't get a glitchy trophy.

When I have a great idea to speak to Sony about, I just use the live chat box that pops up, and I can just see the rep on the other end rolling their yes and going "yada, yada, yada". Yep, I've broached this idea to them, and they just say "nice idea, we'll keep that in mind"  for the past 5 years......

2 hours ago, Carmanitooo said:
  • THIRD PROPOSAL would be to do it just like STEAM does. For those who don't know it, you go to the support page, select the game and choose the option to permanently remove it, so you confirm and that's it, the game is no longer in your account, you can even buy it again at store if you want, but at ANY time you can go back to support and request to restore the game, and it will automatically go back to your account. That is, you can REMOVE (not hide) the game from your account, without fear of losing it forever, of someone breaking into your account removing it and you cannot recover.
  • FOURTH PROPOSAL is to do as STEAM does again, but with the item market. For you to put an item from your inventory for sale, it is mandatory to confirm by the application, that is, there is no way for someone to enter your account and sell for you. The same thing would be with the removal of games and trophies, you would select what you want to remove from your account and you would receive an email or something in the app to confirm, a two-step confirmation, but to confirm the removal. Extremely safe.

You seem to have some mistaken impressions about what Steam allows:

1. While Steam does allow for games to be removed from an account, that doesn't remove the achievements.  The only way to remove achievements is via the usage of a third party tool typically used for cheating.  Doing so does not change the fact that the game will affect your average completion, and in fact removing the achievements makes the effect worse.  Steam support cannot do anything about this.  The removal from the library is because any game you own is part of your library, but they aren't added to affect your average completion until you earn an achievement.

2. You also assume that with the item market a hacker can't go sell your stuff without permission.  If you can't authenticate with the mobile authenticator, then there is a 15 day waiting period to put items up for sale, one day if you are trading with someone who has been on your friends list for a few months.  I can't add a phone number because I don't have a cell phone and I still can sell items if I don't mind dealing with that waiting period.  Two step verification is also not foolproof.  People are always the weakest link when it comes to account security because people forget info and fail to update it, so there have to be methods of retrieval and those are the weaknesses.

36 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Hey the leaderborads dont matter anymore.

So why not make it to wear you xan remove trophies and give everyone 100 compltion accounts while were at it.

Just make trophies pretty much ponitless I guess. lol

How would that make them pointless? Trophy collecting is not a competition...... so you're correct, leaderboards mean crap anyway.

Also, completion % means NOTHING, except for people with OCD (which we all have, at some level... even if just a tiny bit lol). But really, % means nothing. I would take an account with 50% completion with an average rarity of 35%, over someone with a 100% completion and average rarity of 70%. All those accounts with 90%+ completion, and with 45%+ average rarity are pointless. All that means if you have too much money/time on your hands. Nothing more than that. 

We should be able to delete any trophies (yes, any individual trophies) that we want. At the VERY LEAST, be able to delete any games off our lists. So what if it gives everyone 100% completion? Like i just proved above.... Completion % is meaningless.

Also, for those few (and believe me... it's VERY few) who actually consider trophy hunting a competition: They do not take completion % into account. They take number of trophies, trophy level, fastest to platinum a game, etc. Trophy hunters make up less than 1% of gamers on Playstation. Those who consider trophy hunting a competition probably make up 0.000001% of gamers on Playstation.

We've already seen the kind of overhaul Sony can do with trophies. So it's very much in their power to let us delete whatever we want.

If i have a collection of baseball cards.... i can pick and choose ones I want to throw in the garbage. MY trophy collection is MINE and i should be able to decided how I want to organize it, and I should be able to decided what MY collection consists of.

I've argument the point of being able to delete whatever we want (trophy wise) many times before... and have never read a counterargument that beats my argument and logic. There really is no reason why we shouldn't be able to delete whatever we want. There is no harm in it. It doesn't take away from the 0.0001% that consider trophy hunting a competition. Completion % is meaningless. It's MY collection.

One extra thing: I know I wrote "at the very least above"...... but honestly, AT THE VERY LEAST: We should be able to delete a game's trophy list before starting up the game. Lets say I want to play an online game on my main account, but don't want to worry about stupid online trophies. I should be able to delete the trophy list completely. I should be able to play the game without a trophy EVER popping up......without the list ever showing up on my account. We should at least have the option to do that. And no, I'm not talking about Hiding trophies and that crap.

• Like 2

This type of issue or proposal comes up somewhat regularly here, and I think these counterarguments are pretty solid:

1. The potential for abuse outweighs benefit. I've had my account compromised and while it was briefly nerve-racking, I was quickly able to change passwords and reactivate my console as primary. All the abuser could do was play my games and access some of my information -- not delete my purchased games, trophies, etc. This weakens PSN account and financial security.

2. This is a personal preference, and it isn't the majority opinion. The community reacts more against this notion of trophy list manipulation than in favor of it. The sense is that it takes something away from trophy hunting more than it enhances it. It wouldn't benefit Sony to do on their own behalf, and the community backlash would probably cost them favor, customers, $.

3. Why should it matter? 100% profiles methodically achieved it. Not having 100% doesn't mean you suck (check the top of the leaderboard). Trophy hunting is meant to be fun! Completion %, rarity, trophy count, and leaderboard position aren't necessarily meaningless, but they are totally subjective. Stats won't define your gaming experiences, and there's a great community to share those experiences with here regardless of what and how you hunt.

Anyways, this has been talked about for years and I will confidently say ~trophy deletion is not going to happen anyways~. What I once considered flaws in my profile I now just consider stories.

I guess my main point is that if you change your perspective to be more positive and (perhaps) less self-critical, you may find that you already have what you're asking for:

22 hours ago, Carmanitooo said:

I would really like to feel that I have freedom and control over MY OWN account

Happy hunting @Carmanitooo, and nice work on that UR :platinum: for Star Wars Battlefront II. You're a trophy hunter in my book ??

• Like 1

I understand the reason why removing trophies is kind of a cheapening idea to the whole ordeal, but as someone who had an ex who used their PS4 in the past, there are a small handful of games that have plagued my mind for years that I would never ever want to play as well. ? I almost jumped ship and created a whole new account because of it, but there's too many platinums I am proud of that I NEVER want to get again.

But really, it isn't a big deal. I've hidden them from my PS profile so its kind of a big nothing burger really. Also not to mention, no one is looking at individual profiles like "Wow...3% on tom clancy. what a TERRIBLE PERSON"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingjavs said:

But really, it isn't a big deal. I've hidden them from my PS profile so its kind of a big nothing burger really. Also not to mention, no one is looking at individual profiles like "Wow...3% on tom clancy. what a TERRIBLE PERSON"

1% on star ocean cough failure cough

On topic

Deleting games and trophies leaves too much of a liability for Sony I bet.  This is the wrong place for that anyway.  "Your" account/profile still has to abide by Sony's rules and restrictions

Edited by AJ_-_808
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ya_Boy_James said:

My father, Tom Clancy, definitely does this 1f61c.png

You can't win em all I guess!

Them rainbow six six six games or whatever are just not my thing. I was already peeved that my ex couldn't even commit to finishing the game they wanted so bad, but alas, commitment was a game they lost in life anyways. ?

1 minute ago, AJ_-_808 said:

1% on star ocean cough failure cough

LOL, one of those "I'll get to it later games" that I never got to it later. At least I'm fine with displaying my own failures. ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingjavs said:

LOL, one of those "I'll get to it later games" that I never got to it later. At least I'm fine with displaying my own failures. 1f62d.png

I have 2 myself- solitaire (game is broken) and gwent (f u cdpr).

It is what it is, cant change history

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I have 2 myself- solitaire (game is broken) and gwent (f u cdpr).

It is what it is, cant change history

Yeah, I've grown not to mind them. They also serve as reminders to myself that I don't need to trophy hunt on games I don't like, so perfection is futile anyways, these blemishes aren't going away LOL

I've been saying it for years, if I don't want a game on my profile let me delete it.

Here's the thing, it's my account I should be able to control every aspect of it. I've hear the phrase, "gaming history" brought up every time a thread like this appears, but do people really think a game you tried for 5 minutes reflects anything?

Edit: Just to be clear this needs to be from Sony, not this or any other website.

Edited by sepheroithisgod