The "Oh god the PS5 is coming out soon and I have so many PS3 games left" Event [SIGNUPS ALWAYS OPEN]

Finally did some PS3 stuff again....it was all today, but it was something! Beat Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death and finally finished up Dragon Age. Now that that platinum is popped, it's time for DA 2 and DA: I so I should have some better progress for the end of September.

Mass Effect (100% complete)

Mass Effect 2 (100% complete)

Mass Effect 3 (100% complete)

Battle Vs Chess (100% complete)

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate  (100% complete)

Batman: Arkham Asylum (JP) (100% complete)

The Bridge (100% complete)

Sacra Terra: Kiss of Death (100%)

Dragon Age: Origins (100%)

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Dragon Age II

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

The Wolf Among Us

Zone of the Enders

Steredenn: Classic

Serious Sam 3: BFE

Bound By Flame

Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut

Sparkle 2

Master Reboot

Another World

Amplitude

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Divekick

• Like 2

21 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

So, if you feel you earned the Effort Badge, put it in your post! Outline what game(s) made you push yourself to your limits

Effort huh? That pushed my limits.. let's see. I'll add a block for each game I complete from now on.

First a retrospective on the previously completed, to give a bit of insight on results so far (in no particular order).

Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper.. nope. Fun, some parts a little tough, but still very much within my set of skills.

Ah, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood: the online slapping slog to level 50 and earning all bonuses. No. That's dedication to the cause, not overly difficult.. just tedious. I mean, slapping(stunning) other boosters for hours on end isn't exactly "pushing limits". Unless patience is a limit that can be pushed. Nah, I got plenty of that.

The same goes for the MP grind in Black Flag. It's not hard, just a little long. Even the do-specific-skill-combo trophies weren't that tough.

Tomb Raider (2013)? Same story: one 4 hour boosting session got all but the "buy all" and "max level" trophies. The grind was (once again) not that bad. Repetitive, safe, no real challenge other than maintaining sanity and a steady flow of experience.

Brutal Legend only had the MP trophies. Several sessions of boosting later they'd all popped. A fun revisit of one of the games Metalheads will enjoy.

Dante's Inferno: Platinum was obtained ages ago, so only the Dark Forest (a walk in the park) and the Trials (other than EA ones, also a walk in the park) remained. A little grindy having to play 100 different trials, but with most done in seconds.. not that bad.

Unless I dedicate a complete playthrough to learn the controls again, I don't see myself getting warmed up to do the brutally challenging EA trials. 40 hard-as-nails trials (of which 15 require another player) for a bronze? I have less frustrating games to play, thank you.

Tekken 6

Aha! Now that was a real doozy. A real challenge. Completing the Nightmare Train (and other secret stages) was the deal-breaker last time (April 2012).

Beating Azazel in the arcade definitely took a dozen tries, with several different characters (it might've helped). The worst of them all was beating 10 opponents in a row (with only a small amount of HP restored after each fight)... I got so close only to be full-combo'd to death.

And then there's NANCY.. what a beast! Even getting a shot at this 10 foot tall machine of death requires beating half the Arcade and then not dying, not falling through the hole in the ground (what a cheap way to lose!) and hitting it what feels like 3 times your health bar... oof.

Rarity says "that's not incredibly difficult" (11% :platinum:), but it's definitely a personal victory.

BioShock 2? The MP was a grind. The Hardest Difficulty playthrough was made significantly easier with the use of Vita Chambers (free, infinite respawn) because I had already done my no-deaths playthrough. The Trials in BioShock 1 were fun to go through, and with a little planning weren't too overly difficult.

Castle Crashers

Oh boy.. Insane mode. Everything has 10 times the health and does 10 times the damage. You, on the other hand, don't.

Most enemies will kill you in 3-5 hits, some even in less. There's even a boss that outright kills you in one hit. Another boss does normal damage (yay!) but has 20 times the original health (?!) and is the teleporting, running-away-while-you-dodge-crap-constantly kind of boss: Ice King.

It's made a little easier by playing with someone who cleared more levels than you. You can skip a bunch of non-essential levels that way. The downside is that you need to beat the final boss twice.

Unfortunately, I knew no-one who cleared more levels than me (or even started Insane mode). And I had (possibly) the worst character to start my Insane Mode playthrough (Grey knight). So I looked up the best one and realized I needed to play through the game with the Blue Knight to unlock the Industrialist. Then that character had to play through the whole game on Normal to unlock Insane.

So looking at two whole playthroughs before I could even start making progress on Insane.

Even with a maxed out character, that has boss slaying skills like there's no tomorrow.. I got stuck on several levels for hours. Lava World, Industrial Castle, The Groom boss, The Marsh, The Desert. Most of these (on normal) you finish in maybe 5-10 minutes. My successful ones took over 3-4 times that. And only after trying for literally 6 hours straight.

I had cleared 75% of the game before I could join up with others for a jolly co-op through Full Moon and beyond (like.. the last 5-6 levels?) and even then it took us a few attempts! Full Moon is the longest, toughest, player murdering level we played (with 4 of us!).

Insane mode is, quite fittingly, insane! The 100% completion is only at 1.15% and I can guess why.

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

My innate desire to go slow and take in all available information before continuing directly clashes with the breakneck rush of speedruns. I never gave them a shot (other than the Manor).

This time I did try, and after some retries succeeded. Other than a pat on the back it's not worthy of celebration.

InFamous: Keep track and make a dedicated effort to do ALL the stunts as soon as they become possible. Including the heavily missable "toss three enemies off the roof with one attack" stunt. Blasting through the story to unlock more abilities just to do the related stunts. A fun afternoon of eating lightning and crapping thunder.

Batman: Arkham Origins

This was done in two stages:

- DLC + MP (April)

- Cleanup of SP and difficulty-related trophies (July)

The first stage was troublesome but only in regards to setting up a big enough group to do the 7-8 people trophy. Communication was essential, but we got it done. The majority of the time spent went to grinding experience (step back, step forward) and was as mindless as most grinding goes.

The second stage entailed a grand total of three new playthroughs. My original save was messed up regarding the Worst Nightmare challenges. Highly missable, stupidly obscene, and worst of all: fixed order. Performing challenge 9 before having done challenge 8? Too bad. Doesn't count.

Most effort went into obtaining all upgrades,which requires almost everything anyway: main story, side missions, some collectibles, Dark Knight challenges..

And then.. once Normal game was done, it was time to complete the game on Hard: tougher enemies earlier, even tougher enemies later on, no "counter now!" icons, more damage received... the lot.

And once that's done, do it all again on HardCore (I Am The Night): You die, you lose all progress on that mode. A brutal challenge in and of itself, but... QTE (without do-something-now notification other than a slow-mo effect) that insta-kills you? Ouch.. glad I could save-scum because dying at (roughly) 80% completion is a slap in the face.

Definitely had to get in "the zone" to even complete that third playthrough. Death lurks in every combat. Snipers will kill you in two-three hits, any armored grunt needs a full 19-hit beatdown and they've thrown in a load of martial artists, stun-baton-wielders, knife-wielders in that IATK mode.

There's a reason these games have an ultra-rare platinum.

August 2021 Update

Previous Update:

Last Update as of 07/31/2021

Total Games of List: 56

New: 0

Eliminated: 3

Completed: 25

Fell into some malaise regarding gaming in August.  I only completed 2. I wanted to clear a couple other games, but I just didn't really feel very motivated. Until I started Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I think I really just needed a meaty game to sink my teeth into after a long string of lower commitment titles. Only just started Deus Ex, so I hope to add it to the completion tally for September. But really digging the style, the customization, the exploration vs stealth. Have yet to hit a boss, so that would be interesting since I have engaged in no combat yet. 

Otherwise, I did complete LEGO Indiana Jones 2 and Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. After LEGO Lord of the Rings in July, completing another LEGO game was not a wise choice, specially one that I do not have any affinity to the source material. Overall it was fine. The hub worlds and smaller levels were less daunting than Lord of the Rings. But the formula is too thin to consume so many hours in a short period of time. Down to just 1 LEGO game from the PS3 to complete, which is LEGO Star Wars III. I may be able to knock it out before the end of this event. 

My experience with Sly Cooper suffered as it came after a long stretch of platformers, including the 2 LEGO games. Pretty sure I was completely burnt out on the formula and did not appreciate the slower pacing of the game to tell the story it attempted. I enjoyed the first 3 a few years ago, but this one was not very enjoyable for me. 

Two months left and still a ton of games left. Pretty sure some of these will drop off forever, but I am not yet ready to cross them off just yet. More than likely, I will permanently shelve or delete some games at the end of the event. If over the course of a whole year, where PS3 games are getting my attention, the game did not spark enough interest to be completed, it probably won't ever be completed. 

Even though, I only completed 2 games this month, I need to continue aiming for 10 games to complete. Having 26 left, that is the only way to make a dent. Hoping to finish the remainder of the 7 Owned, plus Deus Ex. 

New Update as of 09/01/2021

Total Games of List: 56

New: 0

Eliminated: 3

Completed: 27

PSNOW List (10): Completed 5

Spoiler

Disney's Brave -> Completed
Eat Lead
G-Force
Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear -> Completed
Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - > Completed
Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Nitro Blasterz: Heroine Infinite Duel
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time -> Completed
Sly Cooper and Thieves in Time -> Completed

Owned (27): Completed 18, Eliminated 2

Spoiler

Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom -> Eliminated
Ben 10 Omniverse -> Completed

Dreamworks Super Star Kartz 
Generator Rex -> Completed
Goat Simulator -> Completed
Hannah Montana: The Movie -> Completed

Killer is Dead -> Completed 
LEGO Lord of the Rings -> Completed

Lollipop Chainsaw -> Completed
Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest -> Eliminated

Madagascar Kartz 
Madden NFL 11
Megamind -> Completed
Monster Jam Battlegrounds -> Completed
Murdered Soul Suspect -> Completed

No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise -> Completed 
Ratchet: Deadlocked -> Completed
Remember Me -> Completed
Rio
Saw II -> Completed
Shadows of the Damned -> Completed 
Sonic's Ultimate Collection -> Completed

Sonic Generations 

Tekken Tag Tournament 
The Adventures of Tintin -> Completed

The Godfather II 
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania -> Completed

Hard Mode (19): Completed 4, Eliminated 1

Spoiler

Batman: Arkham Asylum -> Eliminated

Deus Ex: Human Revolution 
Dragon Age Origins
Family Guy
Hitman 2
Hitman: Contract
Infamous
Infamous 2
Infamous Festival of Blood
Jak and Daxter -> Completed
Jak 2 -> Completed
Jak 3 -> Completed

Jet Set Radio

Just Cause 2 
South Park: Stick of Truth -> Completed

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Republic Heroes
Thor
Toy Story 3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

August is over already? This month's progress is:

MySims SkyHeroes [27%] -> [29%]

Alice: Madness Returns (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]

Max Payne 3 [64%] ->[69%]

Ratchet & Clank (Unstarted) -> [15%]

Making my total progress for the event:

Spoiler

Alice: Madness Returns (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]
Anna: Extended Edition (Unstarted) -> [100%]
BioShock 2 [71%] -> [100%][Plat]
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]
Doom Classic Complete (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires [95%] -> [100%][Plat]
Dynasty Warriors 8 (Unstarted) -> [54%]
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]
Hyperdimension Neptunia [48%] -> [61%]
LittleBigPlanet 3 (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]
Mass Effect 3 [80%] -> [100%][Plat]
Max Payne 3 (Unstarted) -> [69%]
MySims SkyHeroes [20%] -> [29%]
Ratchet & Clank (Unstarted) -> [15%]
Retro City Rampage [28%] -> [100%]
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - Episode 1: Ice Station Santa (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space Episode 2 - Moai Better Blues (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - Episode 3: Night of the Raving Dead (Unstarted) ->[100%]
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - Episode 4: Chariots of the Dogs (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space - Episode 5: What's New, Beelzebub? (Unstarted) -> [100%]
Vessel (Unstarted) -> [100%]
X-Men: Destiny (Unstarted) -> [100%][Plat]

Alice: Madness Returns is two games in one, as the DLC (American McGee's Alice) is the prequel ported to the PS3. Both games were a lot of fun, although the controls on the prequel were a little janky. I did like the way Madness Returns kept switching between London and Wonderland, and eventually started blurring the lines between the two. It really helped lean into the madness. Also, despite the title there was very little ice in the prequel, although that might have been referring the material composition of the director. The sequel improved on that slightly my having an ice area on the first part of chapter 2.

Max Payne 3 challenge mode was a psychological struggle to complete, but with that all the multiplayer content is complete. I think my problem is that each time I fail and/or die (and there are many, many times) I always think "Imagine if I had made it this far in New York Minute Hardcore only to fail here". I'm not sure what to do about that, but I don't think I'll be playing any more Max Payne for a long time.

I started Ratchet & Clank right at the end of the month, and it definitely feels like the PS2 port it is. I'm at least 3/4 through my first playthrough, and it's gotten more frustrating than entertaining. Auto-aim is more miss than hit, and going into manual aim pins you to the ground and makes you into a sitting duck. The few good weapons have very little ammo, and when you inevitably die and get sent back to the beginning of the level the game respawns all the enemies but not the ammo boxes. This game isn't quite Jak 2 levels of bad, but it's not far off.

Link to July update

August Update

Catherine (55% -> 100%) :platinum: 

Spent most of the month working on a PS4 game, but had time before the end of the month to come back for an unfinished PS3 game. I'm surprised I was able to knock Catherine out before the end of the month, on the last day too, no less!

No new PS3 games purchased this month.

Current progress on incomplete games

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (100%)  :platinum: 
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (2%)
Catherine (100%) :platinum: 
Demon's Souls (47%)
DJ Hero (10%)
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (26%)
PlayStation Move Heroes (2%)
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (100%)  :platinum: 
Rocksmith (4%)
Split/Second (100%) :platinum: 
Sports Champions (3%)
House of the Dead: Overkill - Extended Cut (5%)
The Shoot (8%)
inFamous [Digital] (4%)
Sonic Adventure [Digital] (3%)

Backlog for this month

Spoiler

Physical:
3D Dot Game Heroes
Bejeweled 3

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Dark Souls
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2

Get Fit With Mel B
God of War Collection
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (JP)
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Kung Fu Rider
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy HD
Record of Agarest War 2
Record of Agarest War Zero
Resonance of Fate
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes 
Sly Collection 
Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic Generations
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection 
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International 
Tales of Graces f
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
Valkyria Chronicles
Zone of the Enders HD Collection

Digital:

Alex Kidd in Miracle World [Digital]

Altered Beast [Digital]
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! [Digital]
Beyond Good & Evil HD [Digital]
Blade Kitten [Digital]
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD [Digital]

Comix Zone [Digital]

Fighting Vipers [Digital]
Golden Axe [Digital]

Gunstar Heroes [Digital]
Mamorukun Curse! [Digital]
Mirror's Edge [Digital]

Monster World IV [Digital]
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection [Digital]
RAIDEN IV: OVERKILL [Digital]

Revenge of Shinobi, The [Digital]
Record of Agarest War [Digital]
Sonic Adventure 2 [Digital]
Sonic CD [Digital]
Sonic the Fighters [Digital]
Sonic the Hedgehog [Digital]
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 4 Episode I [Digital]
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 4 Episode II [Digital]

Super Hang-On [Digital]

Wonder Boy in Monster Land [Digital]

• Like 3

On 4/30/2021 at 8:28 PM, Shikotei-kun said:

Link to original post

Update for September 6th

Dead Space 2: Severed

After a solid 9 years and 2 months I've finally come back to this franchise. I will not replay the main game again (twice) to start and complete the Hard Core mode.

I refuse to be limited to 3 saves, no checkpoints, death-around-every-corner and a recommended first save point after some 8 hours of gameplay.

I'm perfectly fine having done 'just' Zealot. And so I'm relieved to find there's no Hard Core mode for the Severed DL, 'just' Zealot.

So in I went, learning controls on easy (because dangerous challenges), wrapping up the story nicely. Then a second playthrough on Zealot (stuff kills you in 1-3 hits, instead of like 20). Got my head Severed (haha) multiple times by Slashers, Twitchers, Brutes, even got my whole being split into pieces by Exploders (dang their blast range).

But, like the main game, I overcame those odds and earned the last trophy of the DLC. A very fun experience, especially with the earlier darkness outside!

I'd say a 4/10 effort because video guides help a lot.

Dead Space

The biggest issue I have at this moment is the fact that the devs switched the "reload" and "stasis" buttons. A dangerous mistake I don't want to make once I wrap up the last 3 challenge trophies (shoot asteroids like a boss, shoot targets like a boss, shoot hoops like a boss) and start the Impossible difficulty playthrough.

Right now I've shot asteroids like a boss and got to the start of Chapter 7 (out of 12 I believe). Effort rating TBD.

[unrelated]

Updated the first post to separate completely done games and won't progress more ones. Ex: I won't be doing the Hard Core playthrough for Dead Space 2, so it'll never be :platinum:, but is considered completed in my book.

Shortlist
- Dead Space 2 (77% -> 92%)
- Dead Space (86% -> 88%)

Update #7

With only a month and a half left until the event is over, I’m happy to report I’ve completed two more games, and made progress in a couple others. I finished Rain and Fallout: New Vegas, spending more than 77 hours in the latter. I didn’t 100% the game as efficiently as possible, but spent a considerable amount of time meandering through the mojave and exploring the DLC, three of which were new to me. Despite the countless crashes and frame drops, the game still stands as one of the best in my opinion. I also picked up Sonic Generations again, but playing it on PSNow makes it more difficult than it needs to be, so I’ll probably skip it altogether. Instead, I’ll use the remaining time to either work on Dragon Age II or inFamous

Spoiler

Completed Games

1. Fallout 3 
  2. Mass Effect 
  3. Mass Effect 2 
  4. Mass Effect 3 
  5. Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom 
  6. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 
  7. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes 
  8. The Walking Dead 
  9. Rain 
  10. Fallout: New Vegas 

Games In Progress

1. Dragon Age: Origins 73% 
  2. Dragon Age II 20% 
  3. Sonic Generations 4%

Incomplete Games

1. All Zombies Must Die!
  2. Deadpool
  3. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  4. Grand Theft Auto IV
  5. GRID 2 [1%]
  6. inFamous [24%]
  7. inFamous 2
  8. inFamous: Festival of Blood
  9. LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4
  10. LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7
  11. Little Big Planet [16%]
  12. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
  13. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  14. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  15. Port Royal 3 [3%]
  16. Portal 2
  17. Rage
  18. Red Dead Redemption [2%]
  19. Sacred 3 [2%]
  20. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed [11%]
  21. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2
  22. The Darkness II
  23. The Sims 3
  24. Wet

Edited by be_minor
added a game

On 7/31/2021 at 1:16 PM, Rinoa_VIII said:

July Update

Lol-- well I guess it is interesting in that I haven't started up a new game. I've been quiet busy so it might look a bit like this until the 1 year is up lol. But! I am working on playing Resident Evil 5 again. 

August Update
As anticipated, my August had no real update, except that I was re-playing RE5 with a buddy lol.

Link to original post

Update for September 13th

Dead Space

Completed chapters 7-12 on Easy, earning the last two skill-based trophies (shooting gallery and zero-G basketball) along the way.

For some reason, when you immediately start a new game (on Impossible) you keep the suit you had at the end of the previous playthrough. So I started with the level 5 suit (extra inventory slots and 20% armor). This saved me at least a ton of cash (suits have to be bought).

I didn't get anything else. No gear, no upgrades, no extra health or stasis.. nothing. The tip about enemies not being so aggressive if you don't look at them did help out a lot. As did running away in an effort to funnel the swarms into a nice, cozy, safe kill box. Finding the optimal spots took lots of tries, often dying on purpose to redo the encounter with the newly gained knowledge.

In terms of effort.. this was harder to do than Dead Space 2: Severed on Zealot. I definitely died a lot more (deaths/hour played) and sorely missed the tactical advantage of placing mines in preparation of a fight. Because save points can be used after (almost) every fight, room, objective, with just a little more backtracking than on Easy (because dying is harder on Easy and ammo is everywhere), I'd rate it 6/10 perhaps.. The final few fights were definitely the toughest ones, if only because of the sheer number of enemies.

Shortlist

- Dead Space (86% -> 88% -> 100% :platinum:)

Time for another update

Games Completed: 5

Games Remaining: 164

New Games Purchased since last update: 3

Since the last update I have completed Peacewalker as mentioned and also knocked out some other completions. Notably, Medal of Honor, Medal of Honor Frontline, Minecraft and soon to be Assassin's Creed 2. I have also been very busy with multiplayer. I purchased 3 games, Catherine NTSC, Tales of Graces F NTSC and Tales of Zestiria NTSC.

The following games have their multiplayer aspects completed or will be completed soon. 

Completed:

AC Brotherhood

AC Revelations

Completed soon:

Assassin's Creed 2

AC3

AC4

Bioshock 2

Dead Rising 2

Ratchet and Clank Q Force

Next on my to do list are probably some easier completions, likely the Lego games and Ratchet and Clanks and mop up of Assassin's Creed games.

Spoiler

Aliens vs Predator

AC2

AC Brotherhood

AC Revelations

AC3

AC4

AC Liberation HD

AC Rogue

Batman Arkham Asylum

Batman Arkham City

Batman Arkham Origins

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate

Battlefield BC2

Battlefield 3

Bayonetta

Call of Duty MW2

Call of Duty MW3

Call of Duty Black Ops

Catherine

Dark Souls

Dark Souls 2

Dead Island Riptide

Deadpool

Dead Rising 2

Dead Rising 2 OTR

Dead Space

Dead Space 2

Demon Souls

Deus Ex HR

Doom 3 BFG

Family Guy

Far Cry 3

FF13

FF13-2

FF13 Lightning Returns

GTA 4

Harry Potter The Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and The Deathlly Hallows P1

Harry Potter and The Deathlly Hallows P2

Heavy Rain

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

Hitman Blood Money

Hitman Contracts

Infamous

Infamous 2

Just Cause 2

L.A. Noire

Lego Batman 2

Lego Batman 3

Lego Harry Potter 1-4

Lego Harry Potter 5-7

Lego Hobbit

Lego LOTR

Lego Indy 2

Lego Movie

Lego Marvel Avengers

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

Lego Pirates

Lego Star Wars TFA

Lego Star Wars 3 TCW

Medal of Honor

Medal of Honor Frontline

MGS2

MGS3

MGS4

MGS5 GZ

MGS5 TPP

MGS Peace Walker

Minecraft

Minceaft Story Mode Season 1

Monsters vs Aliens

MXGP

Mirrors Edge

NFS Rivals

NFS Most Wanted

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising

Prince of Persia 1

Prince of Persia 2

Prince of Persia 3

Rage

Ratchet and Clank 1

Ratchet and Clank 2

Ratchet and Clank 3

Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time

Ratchet and Clank All For One

Ratchet and Clank Q Force

Ratchet and Clank Nexus

Red Dead Redemption

Saints Row Third

Skyrim

Sniper Ghost Warrior

Splinter Cell 1

Splinter Cell 2

Splinter Cell 3

Split Second

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Symphoni Dawn of the New World

Tales of Xillia 

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Zestiria

Thief

Tomb Raider Underworld

Tomb Raider Legend

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Tomb Raider 

Toy Story 3

Saw 2 

Sega Megadrive Ult Collection

Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing

Uncharted

Wet

Wolfenstein The New Order

Yakuza 3

Yakuza 4

Yakuza 5

Yakuza Dead Souls

Japanese Games

Yakuza Ishin

Yakuza 0

Yakuza 1 HD

Yakuza 2 HD

Yakuza 3

Yakuza 4

Yakuza 5

Yakuza Kiwami

Yakuza Dead Souls

Bayonetta

Legend of Heroes Cold Steel 1

Legend of Heroes Cold Steel 2

Tales of Graces F

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Tales of Zestiria

One Piece Pirate Warriors 1

One Piece Pirate Warriors 2

Shining Resonance

Way of The Samurai 3

Zone of the Enders HD

No More Heroes

Lollipop Chainsaw

Atelier Ayesha Alchemist of Dusk

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

Guilty Gear X

Dragon Ball Raging Blast

12 Other Japanese games that I need to sort though.

Edited by Wahisietel_

Link to original post

Update for September 20th

Dead Space: Ignition

Having spent the last two weeks playing Dead Space: Severed, Dead Space (1) and watched a video on "the complete history of Aegis VII" I got curious in more of the lore and found myself buying Ignition. It's an interesting VN with some story choices (two choices with two options each leading to a different part of the Sprawl) and a different ending for one of the characters. I loved the little connection to Dead Space 2.

The puzzles were fun to figure out, as was the computer hacking (virus). Following a trace was tough, because you couldn't see that far ahead and got chaotic at times. Speedrunning through didn't take more than two playthroughs, both with a solutions guide because the time you spend to do the puzzles is what counts.

Effortwise I'd put it at a 2/10, just because of the Trace minigame and the speedrun.

Bentley's Hackpack

Speaking of minigames, I had almost forgotten I had this on the backlog (it slipped through the cracks when compiling the list).

The last of Sly Cooper games that awaited my attention, Bentley's Hackpack is a spin-off game that has the hacking minigames of the main series. This time Bentley's put them in an arcade hall and you get 20 levels of each of the three minigames. Later levels are unlocked by completing challenges of earlier levels.

The flying (Alter Ego) and the twin-stick shooter (System Cracker) were fun and fairly easy. The ball-in-the-maze (Spark Runner) was tough. Controls are simple: tilt the controller to steer your ball across the level.

For each level you can get 5 coins and unlocking all levels yields another 11 coins, totalling at 111 per minigame. You need 311/333 coins for the last trophy, which means all but 22 challenges need to be completed! Luckily they don't have to be done in one play (which is pretty much impossible anyway).

I ended up with 111 coins in System Cracker, 110 in Alter Ego, and only 90 in Spark Runner. A worthy 5/10 effort for Spark Runner.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

A decade old adventure with a beautiful environment in a post-war world filled with murderous mechs. You play as Monkey who's been enslaved by Trip. Not listening to her will get you killed, running away will get you killed, so you're helping her. Most of the first half of the game I can't remember too well (I did this over 6 years ago) and I probably won't remember for a long time as I had already done everything up to chapter 7 (out of 14).

I was missing the boss-related trophies (do-this-without-getting-hit, rescue Trip within x seconds) and the collectible cleanup (Tech Orbs).

The speedy rescues took some attempts and involved a lot of save-scumming to allow a swift retry (otherwise I'd have to replay the whole level again). The flawless fight took hours. Getting stuck on the environment was a nightmare, the camera was constantly resetting (center view) instead of keeping it on the boss so I could evade hit charge attacks.

Cleaning up the missed Tech Orbs took quite a bit of time too, replaying some levels multiple times and even reading about glitched orbs on two levels (one of which I had luckily already completed). One downside of coming back to old games is not remembering what you already did/got in terms of non-trackables.

Turned out I didn't miss the glitched orb, but some others a little before the end of the chapter (during the chase)that were poorly visible.

I wonder why I didn't do this "last time"... 6/10 for the flawless bossfight.

The DLC is delisted in my region (can't even find the base game in the PS store!)

Shortlist:

- Dead Space: Ignition (0% -> 100%)

- Bentley's Hackpack (0% -> 100%)

- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (77% -> 83% :platinum:)

Edited by Shikotei-kun

3 hours ago, Shikotei-kun said:

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

A decade old adventure with a beautiful environment in a post-war world filled with murderous mechs. You play as Monkey who's been enslaved by Trip. Not listening to her will get you killed, running away will get you killed, so you're helping her. Most of the first half of the game I can't remember too well (I did this over 6 years ago) and I probably won't remember for a long time as I had already done everything up to chapter 7 (out of 14).

I was missing the boss-related trophies (do-this-without-getting-hit, rescue Trip within x seconds) and the collectible cleanup (Tech Orbs).

The speedy rescues took some attempts and involved a lot of save-scumming to allow a swift retry (otherwise I'd have to replay the whole level again). The flawless fight took hours. Getting stuck on the environment was a nightmare, the camera was constantly resetting (center view) instead of keeping it on the boss so I could evade hit charge attacks.

Cleaning up the missed Tech Orbs took quite a bit of time too, replaying some levels multiple times and even reading about glitched orbs on two levels (one of which I had luckily already completed). One downside of coming back to old games is not remembering what you already did/got in terms of non-trackables.

Turned out I didn't miss the glitched orb, but some others a little before the end of the chapter (during the chase)that were poorly visible.

I wonder why I didn't do this "last time"... 6/10 for the flawless bossfight.

The DLC is delisted in my region (can't even find the base game in the PS store!)

nice one! need to get back to that one too. Which region are you in? Shame if the DLC isn't doable anymore as you cannot buy it

1 minute ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

nice one! need to get back to that one too. Which region are you in? Shame if the DLC isn't doable anymore as you cannot buy it

Mine is the EU/NL store. I heard the US still has it, so I'll have to dig up my US account from the graveyard (if I can even find the credentials and set up 2FA) for the Premium Edition. I don't even know if I can access the associated e-mail address. A shame, really.

The game is a beaut, it deserves the time and money spent on it.

37 minutes ago, Shikotei-kun said:

Mine is the EU/NL store. I heard the US still has it, so I'll have to dig up my US account from the graveyard (if I can even find the credentials and set up 2FA) for the Premium Edition. I don't even know if I can access the associated e-mail address. A shame, really.

The game is a beaut, it deserves the time and money spent on it.

...I am in NL too. Shame indeed. And there is no GOTY version of the game?

Eighth Update:

Games Completed:

Spoiler

Trine

Games I Started:

Spoiler

1. AquaPazza: AquaPlus Dream Match

2. BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

3. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

4. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND

5. BlazBlue: ChronoPhantasma

6. BlazBlue: ChronoPhantasma EXTEND

7. BlazBlue: Central Fiction

8. Deception IV: Blood Ties

9. Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess

10. Guilty Gear XX A Core Plus

11. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

12. Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator

13: Metal Gear V: The Phantom Pain

14: Risen 2: Dark Waters

Games I Haven't Started:

Spoiler

1. Battle Princess of Arcadias

2. Castlevania Lord of Shadow

3. Castlevania Lord of Shadow 2

4. Chariot

5. Dark Souls

6. Dark Souls II

7. Demon Souls

8. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

9. Final Fantasy XIII

10. Final Fantasy XIII-2

11. Just Cause 2

12. Kingdom Hearts

13. Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain Of Memories

14: Kingdom Hearts II

15. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

16. Lost Dimension

17. Monster Jam: Battlegrounds

18. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

19. Prototype

20. Prototype 2

21. Risen 3: Titan Lords

22. Sound Shapes

23. South Park: The Stick of Truth

24. Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

25. SteinsGate

26. Tales of Xillia

27. Tales of Xillia 2

28. Tales of Zestiria

29. XBlaze Code: Embryo

30. XBlaze Lost: Memories

31. Yakuza: Dead Souls

32. Another World - 20 Anniversary Edition

33. Capcom Arcade Cabinet

34. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD

35. Cloudberry Kingdom

36. Double Dragon Neon

37. Ibb & Obb

38. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

39. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded

Edited by AllSugarRain
  • Like 1

My final update, the only 100% obtanaible left is Catherine but I'll pass for the moment, now I'm focus on complete my A-Z platinum, 4 letters left!

I completed 23/29 PS3 games and 2 PSV/PS4 games during the event.

September update:

BioShock Infinite 37% -> 100%

Batman: Arkham City 60% -> 100%

KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories 4% -> 100%

Completed games:

Alice: Madness Returns 51% -> 100%

Remember Me 5% -> 100%

Quantum Conundrum 6% -> 100%

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning 1% -> 100%

Sleeping Dogs 2% -> 100%

Grand Theft Auto IV 60% -> 100%

Puppeteer 7% -> 100%

Just Cause 2 5% -> 100%

Bulletstorm 16% -> 100%

Dead Space 3 6% -> 100%

Dead Space 2 69 -> 100%

OlliOlli2 (PSV) 3% -> 100%

Call of Duty: Black Ops II 18% -> 100%

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record 2% -> 100%

METAL GEAR SOLID 4 73% -> 100%

VANQUISH 8% -> 100%

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE 19% -> 100%

Metro: Last Light 1% -> 100%

DmC Devil May Cry 6% -> 100%

Deus Ex: Human Revolution 2% -> 85% -> 100%

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen 1% -> 100%

Broken Age (PSV) 7% -> 100%

Backlog:

SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD 5%

Crysis 2 4%

Starhawk 3%

CATHERINE 2%

Mortal Kombat 1%

Darksiders II 1%

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 7:46 AM, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

...I am in NL too. Shame indeed. And there is no GOTY version of the game?

I do recall finding info that Enslaved has a version that comes with the DLC, at least in the US.  Can't speak for other regions though.  I actually did some digging on that to see if I needed to buy the DLC myself or not.  It's referred to as the premium edition.

But one thing to keep in mind, even if you buy the DLC on a US account, that doesn't matter much if you own the base game in another region.  DLC is almost always region locked with very few exceptions.  You could technically grab the US version of the game too, but your saves won't work on that version either and if the DLC requires getting to a certain point in story or a decently built character, that could take some time as well.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 10:00 PM, ladynadiad said:

I do recall finding info that Enslaved has a version that comes with the DLC, at least in the US.  Can't speak for other regions though.  I actually did some digging on that to see if I needed to buy the DLC myself or not.  It's referred to as the premium edition.

But one thing to keep in mind, even if you buy the DLC on a US account, that doesn't matter much if you own the base game in another region.  DLC is almost always region locked with very few exceptions.  You could technically grab the US version of the game too, but your saves won't work on that version either and if the DLC requires getting to a certain point in story or a decently built character, that could take some time as well.

thanks for this intell! Might as well search for a US disc version as that should work.

Link to original post

Update for September 27th

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Having played a lot of cleanup games recently, I wanted to play something a little more substantial. Something that won't be completed in an afternoon, or at least not in a day or two. So I picked this Borderlands game.

So far I'm at level 15, playing as FR4G-TP (a CL4P-TP I named PiH013) and have just got the assignment to find some AI for Jack's robot army. It's fun playing as "the annoying one". The randomness of the Action Skill keeps things interesting

Progress towards "Challenger" is pretty much done for most weapons except the rocket launcher, shotgun, grenades and the shields. Mostly because I haven't found the type of grenade/shield yet, and the shotgun has an undiscovered challenge. The rocket launcher still needs to be used far more often.

"But you're playing the PS4 version!"

Yes, I know. I have the base game on PS3 on disc. No DLC-included version ever came out (I think). In any case I don't have the DLC, and dropping €30 for the season pass (or €20 for the trophy DLCs) wasn't recommended by fellow fans.

Then I remembered I have the Handsome Collection (free on PS+ some time ago) for the PS4 which includes all DLC.

So.. yeah.. I hope it's okay with @SpaceCoresDad to let this count towards the event, otherwise I'd probably be out for a while. The guide may state this is a 50-60 hour platinum, but it took me far longer to platinum Borderlands 2 and I expect this to take quite a bit longer than the guide states too.

It's okay if it doesn't count. For now I'll not update the main post.

Shortlist:

- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (0% -> 10%)

Update!

Completed:

-XCOM: Enemy Unknown

-Lollipop Chainsaw (NEW)

In Queue:

-Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

-Metal Gear Solid 2

-Metal Gear Solid 3

-3D Dot Game Heroes

-Demon's Souls

-Dark Souls

-Dark Souls II

-Dragon Age Origins

-Dragon Age II

-El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

-Shadows of the Damned

-DmC Devil May Cry

..plus many many more ?

On 19-11-2020 at 5:18 PM, Last-_-Judgment said:

The event I'm truly looking for! Since the PS5 has been released, I started panicking like "crap crap crap" "can't Sony wait until I'm freaking finished!". I'm gonna try to solely focus on PS3 games for the next year or so as it is. There is still a few games I want to buy and get on PS3 so the list will probably have a few more games throughout the year but I'm not planning on anything crazy. Totalling 168 games so far

Here is my main post! (---)

Reveal hidden contents

Complete (34):

1. Tekken 6 :platinum: [16/11/20]

2. Sonic Adventure 2705.png [23/11/20]

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth :platinum: [06/12/20]

4. Sonic Adventure 2 2705.png [11/12/20]

5. Jak II :platinum: [20/12/20]

6. Prototype :platinum: [21/12/20]

7. Of Orcs and Men :platinum: [26/12/20]

8. Thief :platinum: [28/12/20]

9. Zombie Driver HD :platinum: [08/01/21]

10. WET :platinum: [10/01/21]

11. inFamous :platinum: [23/01/21]

12. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :platinum: [26/01/21]

13. The Lord of the Rings: War in the North :platinum: [18/02/21]

14. Kingdom Hearts :platinum: [15/03/21]

15. Jak 3 :platinum: [19/03/21]

16. The Last of Us :platinum: [17/04/21]

17. Race the Sun 2705.png [20/04/21]

18. Grand Theft Auto IV :platinum: [10/05/21]

19. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 :platinum: [13/05/21]

20. LEGO Movie: The Videogame :platinum: [24/05/21]

21. Toy Story Mania! :platinum: [31/05/21]

22. inFamous 2 :platinum: [05/06/21]

23. inFamous: Festival of Blood 2705.png [06/06/21]

24. Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus :platinum: [07/06/21]

25. Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi :platinum: [13/06/21]

26. The Raven :platinum: [23/06/21]

27. Rayman Legends :platinum: [27/07/21]

28. Magus :platinum: [08/08/21]

29. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel  :platinum: [09/08/21]

30. Sly 2: Band of Thieves  :platinum: [04/09/21]

31. Diablo III  :platinum: [13/09/21]

32. Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando  :platinum: [19/09/21]

33. Bioshock  :platinum: [23/09/21]

34. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands  :platinum: [30/09/21]

Currently Working On (3):

85% - Alien Breed: Impact

73% - Dead Space

2% - Dead Island

Started (36):

(Need DLC First)

91% - Yakuza 4

87% - Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

69% - XCOM: Enemy Unknown

66% - Borderlands

61% - Sound Shapes

59% - Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories

57% - Mass Effect

57% - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

55% - Max Payne 3

52% - Dead Space: Extraction

38% - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

31% - Final Fantasy XIII

29% - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

28% - CounterSpy

28% - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

22% - Batman: Arkham Asylum

20% - Dragon Age: Origins

18% - Soul Calibur 2 HD Online

16% - Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning

15% - Need for Speed: Undercover

14% - Tokyo Jungle

10% - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

9% - Darkstalkers Resurrection

8% - Naughty Bear

8% - Far Cry 2

8% - Far Cry 3

8% - Call of Duty: World at War

4% - Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

3% - Need for Speed: Shift

2% - Mass Effect 3

2% - Escape Dead Island

2% - Bioshock 2

2% - Prototype 2

2% - Tomb Raider: Underworld

2% - Saints Row IV

1% - Devil May Cry

Not Started (95):

(Need DLC First)

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Dead Space 2

Dead Space 3

Mass Effect 2

Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
XCOM: Enemy Within
Bioshock: Infinite
Metro: Last Light
Dishonored
Mafia II
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns
Dragon Age II
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas

Game of Thrones

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Heavy Rain

Megamind

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Devil May Cry 2

Devil May Cry 3

Legend of Kay: Anniversary

Call of Duty: Classic

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Far Cry Classic

Far Cry 4

Katamari Forever

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Tales of Graces F

Dark Souls

Dante's Inferno

Two Worlds II

Prince of Persia
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

LEGO Lord of the Rings

Farming Simulator 15

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed

Resident Evil Code: Veronica X

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Resident Evil 6

Demon's Souls
Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Batman Arkham City

Batman Arkham Origins

BEYOND: Two Souls

Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Driver: San Fransisco

XBlaze Lost: Memories
Handball 16
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Bayonetta
Mighty No. 9
Rayman Origins
Bound by Flame
Sonic Unleashed

Risen 2
Risen 3

Rogue Warrior

Spiderman: Edge of Time

The Amazing Spiderman 2

Rage

The Sims 3

The Sims 3: Pets

Nier

The Saboteur

Minecraft
The Evil Within
Chariot
Mugen Souls Z
Alien Breed 2: Assault
Alien Breed 3: Descent
Soul Calibur V
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Worms Ultimate Mayhem
Worms 2: Armageddon
Spelunker HD

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Aliens vs Predator

Persona 4: Arena Ultimax

Sacred 3

September Update 

It has been a pretty successful month, not only did I complete 5 titles, but I also did a bunch of PS4 titles too. Me anda friend are going to create a horror milestone for platinum 225 so I'm going to be doing many of my easier/quicker plats in order to get there on time with Dead Space being the milestone on October 31st. So I'll have at least one this month before the event finishes nonetheless. I have bought over 30 titles for PS3 this month on the cheap so I have added them to my backlog. Even though my precentage of completion drops for the event, I'm still happy to add them to my everlasting backlog.. Good luck to everyone on the final month!

Sly 2

Platinum #196

Event Progress #30

After playing its predecessor, I was expecting more of the same but Sly took a huge turn much like that of Jak and Daxter to prevent it being just another generic platformer. I completely understand from both series why they did it as they don't want to be called copycats. Sly 2 makes for a more action packed take and does it well by making us feel like we are playing a unique adventure like none other. I like the first game for different reasons, nostalgia for those PS2 platformers but I also like that they did make changes because at the end of the day, innovation is what makes for a great franchise. A good play but I wasn't a fan of the regional open world sections, it felt rather unneeded and made exploring all the more confusing.

Diablo 3

Platinum #198

Event Progress #31

I knew before buying this that without Reaper of Souls, Diablo 3 wasn't all that since I wanted to do all the stacks. You're missing adventure mode, the cube, seasons, rift etc but boy did they make the platinum a tedious one for such a limited title... 5 million gold loot... seriously? After the 5 required playthroughs for the platinum, you barely have 1 million. A ridiculous trophy which only makes you hate the game as a trophy hunter. Fortunately I've always been a fan of the game and despite this grind, I still love it but only with Reaper of Souls haha..

Ratchet and Clank 2

Platinum #199

Event Progress #32

My favourite adventure series from the PS2 era and it's no surprise why Insomniac have still kept the franchise alive too. The nostalgia is there but the ending felt rather anti climactic looking back at it. Other than that, a brilliant title which nonetheless shows why Ratchet and Clank is the strongest of its kind.

Bioshock

Platinum #200

Event Progress #33

I adore this game. A great twist with a very memorable phrase which keeps you remembering what a fantastic title this is. I had planned to have it as a platinum milestone for quite sometime and now it finally is. Amazing graphics even to this day, exhilirating gameplay and one of the most unique games I've ever played. Would you kindly give a try yourself. You won't regret it.

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Platinum #205

Event Progress #34

Probably an unneeded addition to the franchise since I felt Two Thrones had already ended the Sands series. But it's still a fairly fun game nonetheless. While the story didn't really add anything, the gameplay feels wonderfully revived. Unfortunately I seemed to experience a lot of input lag which became rather frustrating and definitely hindered my enjoyment. Forgotten Sands takes a page out of GoW's book and gave us abilities to use which definitely improved the trash combat of it's predecessors. Overall, its ok but only ok.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

Quick Update for September,

Good news I actually got my PS3 back, bad news only game I barely played wasn't even on my list and I might not be able to even finish it, I haven't even look at the trophy list or a guide but I remember that when my sibling did it it took what it felt like ages. It also might not even have online available anymore but whatever I will get as high % as I can and call it a day (or a year whenever I get around to it.) Everyone has been making such great progress that I feel kind of bad for not really moving forward at all. I keep getting distract by shiny new and not so new games

But alas, congratulations to everyone that's has been hitting their goals is been fun reading everyone's opinion/thoughts of the games and I will keep my list towards 2022 to keep slowly finishing the games.

Spoiler

1. [3%]  Batman: Arkham City  
2. [3%]  Beyond: Two Souls - :platinum: December 4th
3. [0%]  Bioshock - 7%
4. [0%]  Bioshock 2
5. [0%]  Bioshock Infinite
6. [1%]  Borderlands 2
7. [8%]  Call of Duty: World at War
8. [88%] Catherine
9. [4%]  Dark Souls
10. [4%]  Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
11. [28%] DuckTales: Remastered

12. [0%]  God of War - 11%
13. [0%]  God of War II
14. [0%]  God of War III
15. [28%] Gran Turismo 5

16. [7%]  Hitman: Contracts
17. [0%]  LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
18. [31%] Persona 4: Arena Ultimax

19. [1%]  Red Dead Redemption - 15% ----> 17%
20. [3%]  Resident Evil
21. [8%]  Resident Evil 5
21. [11%] Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

22. [0%]  Burnout Paradise - 2% NEW
23. [0%]  Toy Story 3 - 27% ----> 37% ----> :platinum: May 29th

Progress: 2/23

• Like 1

September Update:

Things went quite well for me in Sept. knocking out 3 games.

1La6cebb.png

Darksiders

This game was a pretty cool hack n' slash type of game.

I saw my brother play this game on 360 way back and I liked it then, I don't know what took me so long to get the game myself and play it.

I started on the hardest difficulty by recommendation which made things a bit harder (but not too bad).

I missed a couple of trophies and I had to do clean-up on a partial second run.

Definitely will play the other games in the series.

1L7836f7.png

Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear

This is (what looked like) a low budget on-rails-shooter.

I didn't have high expectations going into the game but it actually brought back memories of going to the arcade when I was younger which made it kind of fun.

I played this with the Move/Nav controllers. Tried it with Dualshock too but Move definitely felt better. Although some movements didn't seem to register all the time.

There's one trophy for shooting all radios that has to be done in one sitting which is a bit annoying especially if the game crashes (which it did).

It was worth the $1 I paid for it. xD 

1Lc3e6be.png

Skylanders Trap Team

I think every gamer knows the Skylanders games so it probably doesn't need an introduction.

I love these toys-to-life games (even if they can cost a fortune).

For this one they really ramped up the difficulty on Nightmare. You better have an armada of characters and a Kaos Trap.

Luckily I bought a lot of them by the bag for cheap some years ago and one of them had a bunch of traps for this game.

This was my last Skylanders game on the PS3.

Alright for the final month I have Metal Gear Solid 3 planned. I've only ever played the demo on PS2 so I'll be going in pretty much blind.

I still have F1 2021 to finish up on PS4 which means I probably won't have time to play any more games on PS3 before the end (other than MGS3).

List:

Reveal hidden contents

Disc:

• Blood Drive (15%)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Dragon Age: Origins (100%)
  • Dragon Age II (100%)
  • Dynasty Warrior 6: Empires
  • Dynasty Warrior 7: Extreme Legends (100%)
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
  • Falling Skies: The Game
  • Farming Simulator (100%)
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear (100%)
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • LEGO Dimensions
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (100%)
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (NTS)
  • LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
  • Mafia II
  • Medal of Honor: Airborne (NTS)
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 (100%)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (17%)
  • Need For Speed: Shift (100%)
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (NTS)
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
  • Resident Evil 6 (58%)
  • Resistance 3
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Silent Hill 3
  • Silent Hill Downpour
  • Skylanders Swap Force (100%)
  • Skylanders Trap Team (100%)
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Tales of Graces f
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  • The Saboteur
  • Yakuza Dead Souls

Digital:

• Darksiders (100%)
  • Darksiders 2 (UP)
  • Dead Space: Extraction
  • Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn
  • Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 (84%)
  • Minecraft (OT)
  • Monster Jam: Battlegrounds (100%)
  • Rainbow Moon
  • Ratchet: Deadlocked
  • Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty (NTS)
  • Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
  • Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (NTS)
  • The House of Dead 3
  • Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 (NTS)
  • Zombie Driver HD (100%)

PS+:

• Mugen Souls Z
  • Port Royale 3
  • Risen 3: Titan Lords
  • Steins;Gate (100%)
  • Yakuza 5
  • Zone of The Enders 2

NTS: No Trophy Support

UP: Unobtainable Plat

OT: Online Trophy

In Progress