New Trophy Designs for PS5

Taihou

I don't really care about the new trophy looks. But Sony needs way more "PSN level badges" (Bronze/Silver/Gold 1,2,3 and Platinum badge).

The ones we have are not enough. Only very few people will ever get that Platinum Badge at Level 999. Most people in their whole life will never see it.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Yeah, they dont look that great but whatever

Hopefully trophy icons / images will make up for this and ill be able to look past these horrible designs

We need better level badges. We only have 10 badges total... It’s absolutely stupid. Who’s gonna get level 999? Most people will never see the Platinum Badge in their whole life, less than 0.0000001% of all the total players on PSN. (Idk how many zeroes didn’t even bother to calculate)

I’ve been rushing trophies endlessly since the pandemic started... 300 platinums in 7 months to be exact, but late start means impossible to catch up. I don’t think I can magically get another 550 platinums to reach the cap. It’s just ridiculously stupid requirement for a very ugly icon.

Edited by mvpeast

• 3 weeks later...

The actual trophies popping look a bit better. Old platinum trophy design was still better in my opinion, the gold, silver and bronze trophy cups all look a bit too tall. Old trophy design better resembled actual trophies athletes would win at sporting events.

On 10/31/2020 at 5:14 AM, mvpeast said:

We need better level badges. We only have 10 badges total... It’s absolutely stupid. Who’s gonna get level 999? Most people will never see the Platinum Badge in their whole life, less than 0.0000001% of all the total players on PSN. (Idk how many zeroes didn’t even bother to calculate)

I’ve been rushing trophies endlessly since the pandemic started... 300 platinums in 7 months to be exact, but late start means impossible to catch up. I don’t think I can magically get another 550 platinums to reach the cap. It’s just ridiculously stupid requirement for a very ugly icon.

I would say realistically the people who hunt trophies resemble anywhere from 1 to 5 percent of the gaming population for Sony. You also have to consider the fact that there are many people who do not have a profile on PSNP, there are other trophy communities, though they are albeit smaller.

On 10/31/2020 at 5:14 AM, mvpeast said:

I hate to burst your bubble but it is NOT worth it. I could of easily spent a thousand dollars on EZPZ games starting in March this year when the COVID-19 quarantine started... but would I really enjoy myself going after all those platinum trophies? Very unlikely.

A Ratchet and Clank platinum trophy is worth more than 20 Ratalaika stacks in my opinion. Sure not all Rat games are bad but I feel a good number of them just outright borrow from old 8 bit/16 bit era games without providing all that good of gameplay.

It's a numbers game. I will suggest getting off that addiction, because it'll only make you feel more miserable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...