New Trophy Designs for PS5

Taihou

This new design is yet another indication of society's imminent downfall. Jim Ryan is a cuck!

But seriously, while I much prefer the old platinum (new one looks like a cheap crystal ball or something), the others are alright. A minor change, in any case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trini said:

The platinum design is spectacular; my only minor complaint is, the bronze, silver and gold trophies should differentiate from each other with bronze having a more simplistic design whereas silver/gold would have a more upgraded look to them (like a rank icon system). 

They do, look at the handles and the base of the trophies. I know you probably mean more distinguishable, but they still look different.

15 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

They do, look at the handles and the base of the trophies. I know you probably mean more distinguishable, but they still look different.

Good eye, barely noticed the handle difference. Still, it could be more distinguishable as you pointed out; it's still not a huge deal though. 

They're a bit more simplistic. I think the platinum looks worst. Likely cause it's the one that's changed the most and I just preferred the design of the current one. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Edited by EIdain
  • Like 1

This might just be a flight of fancy on my part, but I wonder if they changed the design to make it more practical to manufacture physical versions of the trophies?

Bronze silver and gold were always possible, but the old platinum would have been very hard to make a physical version of that looked right, whereas this design is more physically practical to make. Maybe for prizes in some sort of competitions / giveaways etc?

Just a thought - based on nothing!

• Like 2

Looks like they took a design cue from their hardware team, adding new "levels" to the handles on the trophies from bronze to silver to gold, much like they did with PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro XDD

I don't mind the change of the platinum, I liked the unreal impossible floating-orb look of the old one, but the new one I'll get used to.

On a related note, have you noticed that they have changed the trophy icons on the app, but not the trophy level star they announced a couple of weeks ago? WTH? :D

27 minutes ago, MilanYildirim said:

I liked the old version better but l guess they will grow on us as well. Only thing l strongly dislike is the new sound of trophy popping. I want my DING!!!

Where did you hear the sound of a trophy popping? What does it sound like now?

This made me think... I like the current "ding" it makes, but I'd really like it if they made a different sound for the platinum given that it always comes preceded by a "ding" already. Something more hype :P

Edit: Nevermind, found a video.

Sounds... "fuller"? I don't know how to describe it 

Edited by Soraking1991
typo

LoL pure garbage, I would like to know what was going on in their heads when they approved this design. New design looks like if it was taken from a ratalaika game. Trophies had the same design on ps3/4/vita, so I don't see a reason to change it on ps5, another thing no one asked for 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stardroid said:

Considering you have been crying about every single fucking change for weeks now, I'd say they are right. Can you not like shut up once in a while? No offence but your constant moaning on the forum is really starting to irritate me again. I thought things were gonna change when you came back? You haven't changed at all. 

7 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol what? They look good, talk about ridiculous man, you seriously need to learn to adjust to change.

this is really wrong in my opinion, attacking someone for there honest opinion is just wrong, and I don’t the problem if he whines everyday, 90% of the forum members are like that lol but you are only irritated by spaz?

i agree with @timpurnat and @Spaz this looks horrible, and adjusting isn’t the answer for everything, some stuff needs to stay the same.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol what? They look good, talk about ridiculous man, you seriously need to learn to adjust to change.

I still maintain that you're a cleverly coded bot from Sony that has been sent here as a shill. Everything that Sony ever does is simply perfection and any other opinion is "ridiculous". The trophy popping sound could be changed to a 50,000 Hertz shriek inaudible to the human ear and you'd say it's a faultless design choice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Atoya said:

this is really wrong in my opinion, attacking someone for there honest opinion is just wrong, and I don’t the problem if he whines everyday, 90% of the forum members are like that lol but you are only irritated by spaz?

i agree with @timpurnat and @Spaz this looks horrible, and adjusting isn’t the answer for everything, some stuff needs to stay the same.

You really had to be his white knight didn’t you? He’s the only one I see that plays the persona every time he posts, he sounds miserable all the time, like seriously? Lol seriously? The trophy level needed to be adjusted, it had been stuck at 100 for a long time, not to mention the new trophy designs aren’t a big deal, change in life isn’t always bad, it’s much healthier to adjust instead of complaining all the time. 

2 hours ago, timpurnat said:

LoL pure garbage, I would like to know what was going on in their heads when they approved this design. New design looks like if it was taken from a ratalaika game. Trophies had the same design on ps3/4/vita, so I don't see a reason to change it on ps5, another thing no one asked for 

Lol what world do you live in? These look pretty cool, you people are so cringeworthy.

1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I still maintain that you're a cleverly coded bot from Sony that has been sent here as a shill. Everything that Sony ever does is simply perfection and any other opinion is "ridiculous". The trophy popping sound could be changed to a 50,000 Hertz shriek inaudible to the human ear and you'd say it's a faultless design choice.

Nah not a bot, and I don’t agree with everything they do, so because I have a different opinion than you I am a bot? What kind of claim is that?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

You really had to be his white knight didn’t you? He’s the only one I see that plays the persona every time he posts, he sounds miserable all the time, like seriously? Lol seriously? The trophy level needed to be adjusted, it had been stuck at 100 for a long time, not to mention the new trophy designs aren’t a big deal, change in life isn’t always bad, it’s much healthier to adjust instead of complaining all the time. 

Lol what world do you live in? These look pretty cool, you people are so cringeworthy.

We live in mars man, cringeworthy because we don’t like a feature?

Ok lol xD, enjoy your new features 

• Like 2