Legends Mode: Raid

Lanky-Lemon

On 11/8/2020 at 0:40 AM, PostGameBlues said:

There won't be anymore content to be added in this multiplayer mode apart from updating weekly Nightmare Story & Nightmare Survival. A Sucker Punch dev went on a Kinda Funny podcast discussing it. Thank god there's no more future patches since I really don't want to constantly have to go back to this game just to do new raids. I already do hardcore raiding in FF14 so I don't need another raid commitment lol.

Im glad that there is no more raids as im already keep having a hard time to keep balance with things. This is the third game that had me needing communications that involved coordination and communication. The other difficulty i had with coordination are destiny 2 and Uncharted 3  for me.

Edited by maurjen

Did the raids tonight with some new friends. It was extremely fun.

We obtained all bonus objectives for every chapter.

Our group comp for each chapter was:

Ch1: 2x Sam, Sin, Ronin

Ch2: 3x Sam, Sin

Ch3: 2x Sam, Sin, Ronin (however when going for the bonus objective we ran 3x Sam, Sin)

Chapter 1 of all things was the most annoying, doing the 4 attunments we just had a terrible time against the ghosts.

Chapter 2 ending... while Brutal we managed rather clean. We just had the Sin (me) run every crystal. With a mixture of team vanish, smoke bomb, and throw dirt, every door was easily opened and we just kinda strolled on our way.

Also had someone with no mic, so not all 4 people are REQUIRED to be vocal.

Chapter 3 is just the easiest of the 3, not much more to say. I wasn’t very good at dueling Iyo, but the 3 Sams did work on her and we managed the low corruption objective.

I think the idea of the “need” for Ronin isn’t valid. We had some close calls on rezzes where a Ronin would have been more helpful / was when we had one, but it certainly wasn’t needed by ANY means.

Took us around 4 1/2 - 5hrs for it all. Beautifully crafted and fun. Glad I met some cool guys to do this with. ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the_benne666 said:

Can someone help me out with chapter 2? we came halfway but we tried multiple hours and it didn't work. Do we have to kill everyone in the middle centre of in the rings? and does there always has to be someone in the outerpools? We came close but then IYO found us, it was very frustrating...

1 guy on each pool on the upper ledges and two in the middle pool. When you reach corruption level 8 in the middle pool (be sure to kill the enemies within the ring) then switch with the other two guys and repeat. Thats how you fill the door with blood while avoiding going to 10 corruption.

After doing all the raid chapter my team and I found chapter 3 to be the hardest. Chapter 2 wasn’t actually that bad and chapter 1 was the easiest. 

Idk maybe we didn’t have a good strategy for chapter 3 in the beginning but after getting some good parry window perks for gears after many failed attempts, Iyo was much easier to beat so that also did the trick I suppose. 

Hi everyone. I have a problem. I first start chapter 2 without finishing the one, i have the "V" of completion under chapter 2 but cannot start it until finishing chapter 1. Now i can start the 2 one but not the 3. I can do it by invite, but i'm not sure to pop the relative trophy (trascendence)... Do someone has the same problem and confirm that i can do only the 3 or i need to repeat the 2?

Edit: it pops the trophy trascendence but i cannot start chapter 3 on my own, only by invite

Edited by LanceTheSpartan
resolve my trouble

2 minutes ago, bigrake1 said:

Does the Raid have a weekly reset, like Destiny? That is, if I start tonight on a Thursday evening, and don’t finish, would I run into a weekly reset on Friday, requiring our team to redo the first Chapter of the Raid?

No. Once you unlock a chapter it will remain unlocked forever. The raid rewards reset each week (you can earn 1 level 110 item from each chapter) but it won’t reset your progress

On 14/11/2020 at 6:21 PM, LanceTheSpartan said:

Hi everyone. I have a problem. I first start chapter 2 without finishing the one, i have the "V" of completion under chapter 2 but cannot start it until finishing chapter 1. Now i can start the 2 one but not the 3. I can do it by invite, but i'm not sure to pop the relative trophy (trascendence)... Do someone has the same problem and confirm that i can do only the 3 or i need to repeat the 2?

If you have completed each chapter the trophy will pop. It doesn’t matter if you have joined other people and completed them out of order

On 14/11/2020 at 0:21 AM, Don_carlito94 said:

After doing all the raid chapter my team and I found chapter 3 to be the hardest. Chapter 2 wasn’t actually that bad and chapter 1 was the easiest. 

Idk maybe we didn’t have a good strategy for chapter 3 in the beginning but after getting some good parry window perks for gears after many failed attempts, Iyo was much easier to beat so that also did the trick I suppose. 

Use 1-2 ronin for the outer area and 2 competent samurai players to fight iyo - send them in twice each. Ronin can raise them in emergencies. If you are going for the cosmetics then the samurai can leave the lobby then rejoin to reset their corruption level and go in again but a decent player can hit max damage against her in 2 stacks. Use stone stance and parry window with +melee damage and leeching parry to regain health while fighting here and just spam the heavy attacks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I thought I'd ask here instead of making a new thread.

Ok so I'm kinda in a dilemma here, I got the platinum for this game a few weeks ago before legends was released and it was on disc, I sold my copy after I finished it cuz I got a good deal out of it + didn't expect NG+ and legends to come out so soon.

The problem here is apparently my disc copy was EU, and I bought the game digitally yesterday from my main account (US), I started the game and was confused why it's showing the beginning scene as if I don't have a save file already, I closed the game to check my save and unfortunately there was a new save file, which means I can't play on my old save file. (of course, I only knew about save files being region locked after this incident)

I thought I'd refund the game and buy it from an EU store and play it on my main but unfortunately, I'm no longer able to refund the purchase I made since I installed it on my ps4.
So it's either I pay an extra 40$ to play on my old save (which I really don't want to do), or play from the start.

Now luckily I already have the platinum so I was thinking I could just rush through the story on the easiest difficulty just to unlock NG+ then play the story again to unlock NG+ trophies.

My main concern here is the Legends mode, is it tied to your singleplayer walkthrough where it could give you advantages, or is it a whole different thing where everyone starts from 0 regardless of how much of completion they reached?

Hopefully, someone would fill me up.

Edited by LightningBreath_

2 hours ago, LightningBreath_ said:

Hey guys, I thought I'd ask here instead of making a new thread.

Ok so I'm kinda in a dilemma here, I got the platinum for this game a few weeks ago before legends was released and it was on disc, I sold my copy after I finished it cuz I got a good deal out of it + didn't expect NG+ and legends to come out so soon.

The problem here is apparently my disc copy was EU, and I bought the game digitally yesterday from my main account (US), I started the game and was confused why it's showing the beginning scene as if I don't have a save file already, I closed the game to check my save and unfortunately there was a new save file, which means I can't play on my old save file. (of course, I only knew about save files being region locked after this incident)

I thought I'd refund the game and buy it from an EU store and play it on my main but unfortunately, I'm no longer able to refund the purchase I made since I installed it on my ps4.
So it's either I pay an extra 40$ to play on my old save (which I really don't want to do), or play from the start.

Now luckily I already have the platinum so I was thinking I could just rush through the story on the easiest difficulty just to unlock NG+ then play the story again to unlock NG+ trophies.

My main concern here is the Legends mode, is it tied to your singleplayer walkthrough where it could give you advantages, or is it a whole different thing where everyone starts from 0 regardless of how much of completion they reached?

Hopefully, someone would fill me up.

For Legends everyone started from scratch so excluding some cosmetics which unlock through the campaign you will start the same way everyone else did.

• 1 month later...

Is KI level 110 mandatory for the raids, if I play ronin? I'm KI level 105 (all pieces epic and one legendary) with 5 resolve points, defence charm, smoke/sticky bombs and perks tailored for healing/defence following a guide. Anybody here cleared the raids at a level below 110? Doable or is it a pain?

22 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Is KI level 110 mandatory for the raids, if I play ronin? I'm KI level 105 (all pieces epic and one legendary) with 5 resolve points, defence charm, smoke/sticky bombs and perks tailored for healing/defence following a guide. Anybody here cleared the raids at a level below 110? Doable or is it a pain?

I completed the Raids at ki lvl 107 and it was doable. What helped me through the chapters was a competent team and always having 2 ronins for healing. I don’t think we could’ve done it if we didn’t have mics as it’s essential for coordinating throughout the chapters.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

The difference between 105 and 110 is minimal. You should be fine at 105. The most important thing is to have a team of good players on mics. If you need help feel free to add me. My friends and I have done the raid 2-3 times a week since launch but we always need to find a 4th player to join us!

Thanks for your offer, I've found a team of very helpful and experienced players from my country and I'm gonna attempt the raids in the coming days, I usually speak english at work and on vacation, but I'm not entirely sure I could communicate effectively on a remote communication, so better to stick to my native language. I'm level 105 now but with enough honor points in store to further upgrade/fine tune the equipment, so I should be up for the challenge.

• 1 month later...

Quick question about the Legends Mode - I've got just 7 days to play, as I'll be way less available in march, so - is it possible to upgrade ONE character (gonna go with ronin) & do the hardest stuff (survivals/raids) within 7 days? I can to the grinds solo/with randoms afterwards. Just wondering if I'll make it within a week, or is it best not to bother at all?

Edit: got to silver story mission & I thing I'll just give it a rest here. The grind seems immense, high level items I'm getting give shitty perks or take away those perks without which I could not survive, so I ether stay low level & get nowhere or die with a proud high lvl xD reforging items into other random stats also proved rather trash. This mode really done everything in it's power to make me hate it :P

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl

On 2/20/2021 at 4:44 PM, Kunegunda_GoRyl said:

Quick question about the Legends Mode - I've got just 7 days to play, as I'll be way less available in march, so - is it possible to upgrade ONE character (gonna go with ronin) & do the hardest stuff (survivals/raids) within 7 days? I can to the grinds solo/with randoms afterwards. Just wondering if I'll make it within a week, or is it best not to bother at all?

Edit: got to silver story mission & I thing I'll just give it a rest here. The grind seems immense, high level items I'm getting give shitty perks or take away those perks without which I could not survive, so I ether stay low level & get nowhere or die with a proud high lvl xD reforging items into other random stats also proved rather trash. This mode really done everything in it's power to make me hate it :P

I'd definitely recommend holding off on reforging items until your Ki is at or around 105.

On 21/02/2021 at 0:44 AM, Kunegunda_GoRyl said:

Yh dont spend any of ur honour, essense until u get everything to 105, get one character with a decent build, but u can deffo just hop into raids and use the preferences to find people with mics at 105 ki and u will most likely get trough it, once you have done chapter 2 ur basically done i did chapter 3 with randoms in like 10 mins

Never got past the blood ritual with the pools in chapter 2. As soon as I come down to the middle I can barely survive, not to mention killing op enemies that give me almost no window to attack & when I finally manage to attack there's so little time I only register a few hits & half of them gets blocked. Managed to get 3/4 of the ring filled & then the times run out & we die. This is as far as I ever saw this chapter. It's fucking impossible.

On 2/21/2021 at 1:44 AM, Kunegunda_GoRyl said:

I've leveled the Ronin and the equip to 105 KI by just clearing story on bronze then doing the first mission over and over on silver and gold until I almost puked, took forever but I've managed to make a 105 KI build by leveling the Ronin first and then working on the other chars by doing everything solo (and reforging only at 105). Then I've worked on gold survival and the raids with a team while bumping the equip to 109 in the process. The raids took two evenings, I'd say 7-8 hours all in all, with at least two experienced players each time.

Edited by Brightblade76

10 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

I've leveled the Ronin and the equip to 105 KI by just clearing story on bronze then doing the first mission over and over on silver and gold until I almost puked, took forever but I've managed to make a 105 KI build by leveling the Ronin first and then working on the other chars by doing everything solo (and reforging only at 105). Then I've worked on gold survival and the raids with a team while bumping the equip to 109 in the process. The raids took two evenings, I'd say 7-8 hours all in all, with at least two experienced players each time.

Finally did chapter2 today, took my team 1hr 47m. Seemed impossible, but found some random players with great knowledge of the level that carried me and told me what to do, Went really quick (1h 45m) & I even managed not to shame myself, although I was the most dying player in the team with 4-5 deaths overall :D

38 minutes ago, Kunegunda_GoRyl said:

Finally did chapter2 today, took my team 1hr 47m. Seemed impossible, but found some random players with great knowledge of the level that carried me and told me what to do, Went really quick (1h 45m) & I even managed not to shame myself, although I was the most dying player in the team with 4-5 deaths overall :D

Yeah the RAID has a steep learning curve in the beginning but once you get it down it can be done relatively fast with an experienced team.

Congrats on completing it!

Edited by JaneAusten69

On 24.02.2021 at 10:50 PM, JaneAusten69 said:

Yeah the RAID has a steep learning curve in the beginning but once you get it down it can be done relatively fast with an experienced team.

Congrats on completing it!

Thnx mate :)

OH BOI, I hooked up with some CRAZY speedrunners & we did chapter 3 in 6m30s & then the fabled chapter 2 in like 47 MINUTES xD (with me going down like only twice, which was my personal record. Went to lvl 30 with my Ronin, so decided to grind levels for Samurai & got from lvl16 to lvl20 in one game of chapter 2 :D

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/02/2021 at 0:44 PM, Kunegunda_GoRyl said:

Thnx mate :)

OH BOI, I hooked up with some CRAZY speedrunners & we did chapter 3 in 6m30s & then the fabled chapter 2 in like 47 MINUTES xD (with me going down like only twice, which was my personal record. Went to lvl 30 with my Ronin, so decided to grind levels for Samurai & got from lvl16 to lvl20 in one game of chapter 2 :D

Any chance you could pass on their PSN names? Struggling to find anybody with mics or anyone in general to do chapter 2 with