DeathlessVoid

Don't Let the Lack of a Plat Deter You

19 posts in this topic

Just finished it, and it’s indeed GREAT - especially the last episode. Highly recommended, and no excuse not to get it at the current sale price.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^ thanks for those advices, this title seems to be nice though

It's actually on discount for just $2.49 plus tax until April 29th

So yeah, bought that right now.

theGoon44.png

2021/04/21

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had my eye on this for a while now, it's written by the same folks who did Observation. Which is another one I would recommend not sleeping on :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all caught my attention with:

 

On 01/11/2020 at 1:46 AM, DeathlessVoid said:

one of the best modern horror games out there!

 

Got the hooks in deeper with:

 

11 hours ago, visighost said:

no excuse not to get it at the current sale price.

 

10 minutes ago, theGoon44 said:

It's actually on discount

 

and had me at 

 

5 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

 same folks who did Observation.

 

 

Bought and downloading to console right now ☺️

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I'm really tired of indie devs

 

building up an interesting supernatural / alien setting

 

only to then

 

reveal that oops, there was actually nothing supernatural going on, it's all in your head and usually mental health related

 

It's not new, it's no longer novel or interesting, you didn't have something insightful to say. You were building up something good and brought it all down for a reveal that has been done to death already.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

Honestly, I'm really tired of indie devs

  Reveal hidden contents

building up an interesting supernatural / alien setting

only to then

  Reveal hidden contents

reveal that oops, there was actually nothing supernatural going on, it's all in your head and usually mental health related

It's not new, it's no longer novel or interesting, you didn't have something insightful to say. You were building up something good and brought it all down for a reveal that has been done to death already.

 

I agree with this. I was hooked for the first three chapters and then the ending was such a disappointment.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I agree

Spoiler

you could totally see it coming, I loved the way it was brought forward, how every detail was tightly linked, the visual aspects, the game, etc. Those items floating around in the title sequence... It clicked for me!

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 9:41 AM, NamoPh said:

Honestly, I'm really tired of indie devs

 

  Hide contents

building up an interesting supernatural / alien setting

 

only to then

 

  Hide contents

reveal that oops, there was actually nothing supernatural going on, it's all in your head and usually mental health related

 

It's not new, it's no longer novel or interesting, you didn't have something insightful to say. You were building up something good and brought it all down for a reveal that has been done to death already.

 

At this point, everything, and I mean everything, has been done to death.

It's important to remember that it's not about reinventing the wheel. It's about making the story be atmospheric enough, immersive enough, and captivating enough to leave a memorable impression.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeathlessVoid said:

 

At this point, everything, and I mean everything, has been done to death.

It's important to remember that it's not about reinventing the wheel. It's about making the story be atmospheric enough, immersive enough, and captivating enough to leave a memorable impression.

 

Missing the point completely. The game was atmospheric and immersive, until the final chapter, which proceeds to demolish the lasting impression. And since it demolishes what came before, it's expected to bring something to the table that makes it a net positive overall. Thing is, this particular type of reveal by default brings no new intrigue to the table, and as a result the only positive it can offer is a "huh, I did not expect that I guess, neat" reaction, the first time you see it, and only the first time.

 

It's the same reason people hate the "it was all a dream" reveal. Nothing was ventured, nothing was gained, none of what drew you into the plot mattered.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2020 at 9:46 PM, DeathlessVoid said:

I played this title years ago on PC, and it's honestly one of the best modern horror games out there! Really fun, and it has a great 80's aesthetic. Well worth the experience if you enjoy horror games, and the trophy list itself is easy (I'd rate it 1/10 personally)

 

Was already considering it but you convinced me to go ahead and buy it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2021 at 1:44 PM, NamoPh said:

 

Missing the point completely. The game was atmospheric and immersive, until the final chapter, which proceeds to demolish the lasting impression. And since it demolishes what came before, it's expected to bring something to the table that makes it a net positive overall. Thing is, this particular type of reveal by default brings no new intrigue to the table, and as a result the only positive it can offer is a "huh, I did not expect that I guess, neat" reaction, the first time you see it, and only the first time.

 

It's the same reason people hate the "it was all a dream" reveal. Nothing was ventured, nothing was gained, none of what drew you into the plot mattered.

 

I mean, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But don't state it as fact. My opinion is that it was good the whole way through and left a lasting impression on me for years.

 

Not everything is meant to be enjoyed over and over and over with the sense of it feeling "brand new" again as you seem to want it to. You watch a movie once, you're going to have a reaction the first time you see it, and generally only the first time. So no, I guess I don't really get your point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot simpler and shorter than Observation but I enjoyed this a lot. The people at No Code definitely know how to build a proper atmosphere in a video game. Also, the audio is really well done in this one -- definitely play with headphones if you can. 👍

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Observation is on sale too. Should I grab that too? Is it good? It sounds like an interesting concept. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Observation is on sale too. Should I grab that too? Is it good? It sounds like an interesting concept. 


I absolutely loved Observation, for what it’s worth!

 

my little write up thingy here if you’re interested :) 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Observation is on sale too. Should I grab that too? Is it good? It sounds like an interesting concept. 

 

If you like sci-fi with old school esthetic, go fo it. It's a walking simulator in its core but a damn good one. The atmosphere, visuals and audio is top notch in my opinion. I would recommend to play both games in evening hours with headphones.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw it on sale and the title interested me, once I saw it was developed by No Code I immediately bough it. 

 

Their other game, Observation, was really good so my guess is that this one won't fall short. It's currently on sale for $2.50. At that price, it's totally worth it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2021 at 0:51 AM, DeathlessVoid said:

 

I mean, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But don't state it as fact. My opinion is that it was good the whole way through and left a lasting impression on me for years.

 

Not everything is meant to be enjoyed over and over and over with the sense of it feeling "brand new" again as you seem to want it to. You watch a movie once, you're going to have a reaction the first time you see it, and generally only the first time. So no, I guess I don't really get your point.

 

It's a point regardless. Movies are in the same vein. Some leave you awed and speechless, like Lord of the Rings: Return of the King with Elijah Wood and Ian McKellen. Some leave you wholly disappointed.

 

It's never going to be the same reactions the second or third time around.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.