Trophy Thoughts?

I just had a quick glance, and it looks like they didn't bring back any campaign challenges like Black Ops II or Black Ops III had. Which is good. Those completely killed the fun for me. I find it interesting how there are trophies for DLC 1 already. This game much like Modern Warfare doesn't have a season pass (thank god) so it's not like this is a bonus launch map like Classified from Black Ops 4. I find it strange how there are only three DLC trophies too, assuming it's a zombies map. Since every zombie's map in existence (aside from Nuketown and variations) they've always had 10 trophies.

Edit: I'm thinking the DLC 1 trophies might be from the extra Zombies mode from the post-launch content, that the gameplay roadmap showed.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 2

Looks much easier than Bo4 or Bo3, however a tad harder than MW. Entamaphobia seems like it might be a bit hard, and there is a grind on some of the multiplayer trophies but the list should be a 5/10 at worst. 

Edited by Grunking1212
  • Like 1

Looks like the standard Treyarch CoD list with the extra mp trophies. The Onslaught mode is exclusive to Playstation until Nov 2021 @OmegaRejectz I'm sure that's why it's a separate part of the trophy list. It's basically zombies on multiplayer maps, but it looks intense. The zombies trophies for the main map are in the base game list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NomadDragon said:

Looks like the standard Treyarch CoD list with the extra mp trophies. The Onslaught mode is exclusive to Playstation until Nov 2021 @OmegaRejectz I'm sure that's why it's a separate part of the trophy list. It's basically zombies on multiplayer maps, but it looks intense. The zombies trophies for the main map are in the base game list.

I see. I wonder if we'll continue to get the standard 10 trophy DLC lists as we have for prior CODs.

1 minute ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I see. I wonder if we'll continue to get the standard 10 trophy DLC lists as we have for prior CODs.

Honestly I do see that happening, as treyarch loves their zombie trophies and they have been pretty consistent in recent years with Black Ops 1-4 and World at War. Infinity Ward was the only one who changed that.

27 minutes ago, misty1falcon said:

If my game platform is changed from ps4 to ps5, can I continue to get the trophy from the ps4 list instead of the ps5?  I don't want to complete 100% twice.

Yes, you can. Just make sure not to upgrade the PS4 version.

Source:

If I don’t upgrade my PS4 game to the PS5 version, or if there is no PS5 version, can I still play the PS4 version of the game on PS5?

Yes, if the PS4 version of the game is compatible on the PS5, it will be playable on PS5 without upgrading. More than 99% of the 4,000+ PS4 games are compatible with PS5. Refer to this guide for more information.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/09/ps5-the-ultimate-faq/

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WOLFHEARTGUY said:

Love CoD campaigns. Hate zombies. I’m shit at zombies and that always stops me getting the Treyarch plats. Gutted... again. Total waste of 50 quid 1f641.png

I actually love zombies and would be down to help you (or anyone else) out! Just let me know homie.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NordicSaiyan said:

They seems good but it really put me off that the games is not totally out yet and there is already the dlc trophy list :/

Still I do enjoy mp and don't care to much about completition so when I got the chance I probably will give it a shot

It has been added as DLC because it’s a PS4/5 exclusive mode. But all DLC for this game has been confirmed to be free anyway.

• Like 3

I like Campaign trophies, pretty standard set, glad there isn't the usual collectible hunt. Shame there isn't separate Realism mode trophy, it was tough as nails in BO3 but worth it, at least for me. Guess I'll stick to Veteran this time.

I don't like Zombies trophies and coop trophies in general, but who knows, maybe they won't be that bad.

Suprised to see 5(?) Dead Ops Arcade trophies, no idea how hard they'll be but the first one was fun as far as I remember.

Glad to see some Multiplayer trophies, not too stoked about Fireteam one though, Ground War mode was absolute mess in MW and pretty much anything above 12v12 doesn't interest me in CoD game.

Onslaught is the same as Zombies for me, but might be a bit more solo-friendly since it's only 2 player coop, but who knows.

Overall, it doesn't seem too bad. I'm glad it's closer to piss easy MW trophies than the masochistic experience that BO3 was, but one or more of the Zombie trophies might prevent me from Platinum.

8 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I have never played a Call of Duty game, but the Cold War setting in this one looks interesting. From a trophy point of view - do they tend to be enjoyable platinum journeys?

In my opinion, yes, but this might be biased as a long-time Call of Duty fan. The platinum is pretty much dabbling in Zombies and Multiplayer, with a bulk of it being Campaign. It's fairly easy with some hiccup trophies in Zombies (Easter Egg ones, *shudders*) and Multiplayer ones, but the majority are definitely fun and doable. I have to admit though, CoD to me has always been more of a natural trophy journey because the game is so arcade oriented. Don't expect the trophy to be easy to get, you'll have to ACTUALLY be interested in the game, can't bullsh*t it, you know? Hope you enjoy it if you play it though! I'll be starting my trophy grind when it releases here, at about 11 PM.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gxxvin said:

In my opinion, yes, but this might be biased as a long-time Call of Duty fan. The platinum is pretty much dabbling in Zombies and Multiplayer, with a bulk of it being Campaign. It's fairly easy with some hiccup trophies in Zombies (Easter Egg ones, *shudders*) and Multiplayer ones, but the majority are definitely fun and doable. I have to admit though, CoD to me has always been more of a natural trophy journey because the game is so arcade oriented. Don't expect the trophy to be easy to get, you'll have to ACTUALLY be interested in the game, can't bullsh*t it, you know? Hope you enjoy it if you play it though! I'll be starting my trophy grind when it releases here, at about 11 PM.

Makes total sense, thanks for the summary there @Gxxvin - my friends have been telling me to give the franchise a shot since forever, so i might actually give this a shot.

• Like 1