My PS5 is dead or bricked

SarumanDooku

On 11/15/2020 at 9:52 AM, LoveInHell said:

Walmart first, they will probably say “go to Sony”, you go to Sony and they will say “go to Walmart” and then you can say “I just came from there” and thats how you end up speaking with the big boss.

Walmart usually gives refunds for the first week after buying something, I even returned my VR headset because it made me uncontrollably sick and no questions asked they just took it.  Just make a little fuss and your good to go.

2 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Walmart usually gives refunds for the first week after buying something, I even returned my VR headset because it made me uncontrollably sick and no questions asked they just took it.  Just make a little fuss and your good to go.

I don't think anyone wants a refund on their PS5!

2 minutes ago, FFATMA said:

I don't think anyone wants a refund on their PS5!

Haha ya but worst case if it's broken and no one will fix it atleast you can get your cash back.  I'm scared mines going to get bricked and I bought it from a scalper if it breaks I'm out 900 bucks.  

Just now, iGGTheEnd said:

Haha ya but worst case if it's broken and no one will fix it atleast you can get your cash back.  I'm scared mines going to get bricked and I bought it from a scalper if it breaks I'm out 900 bucks.  

Couldn't you still go through Sony on a 1 year manufacturer's warranty?  Even if they counted the starting point as the launch date, I think you could convince Sony to help you.  Unless they don't do the 1 year warranty of course!

8 minutes ago, FFATMA said:

Couldn't you still go through Sony on a 1 year manufacturer's warranty?  Even if they counted the starting point as the launch date, I think you could convince Sony to help you.  Unless they don't do the 1 year warranty of course!

I didn't realize they did that I assumed I would need a receipt that's good to know I've been kinda worried about it haha.

24 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

I didn't realize they did that I assumed I would need a receipt that's good to know I've been kinda worried about it haha.

I can't obviously guarantee anything but if you do end up having an issue, I would probably just tell them that you don't have the receipt and leave it at that.

29 minutes ago, FFATMA said:

I can't obviously guarantee anything but if you do end up having an issue, I would probably just tell them that you don't have the receipt and leave it at that.

Ya I'd most likely do that and if it doesn't work out guess I'm getting a disc drive on my next one haha. I doubt it'll break tho.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Ya I'd most likely do that and if it doesn't work out guess I'm getting a disc drive on my next one haha. I doubt it'll break tho.

In most cases, there's usually a one-year warranty with every system shipped, so chances are they should be able to cover it, assuming you received a defective model that is. 

5 hours ago, QQQ_AX said:

Was it in an enclosed cabinet or space? Was Rest Mode on or off?

Not enclosed. I was playing a game, then the game froze. I can go to safe mode but in normal mode, the console hang before I can get to the UI. I tried everything in safe mode, including reinstall of the latest system software.

I'm sending it to Sony today, and they say it takes 7 to 10 days to service.

On 15-11-2020 at 7:07 PM, yellowwindow7 said:

Pro Gamer Tip: even if you got the money, Try To Avoid the Early Launch Consoles, 85% chances they're faulty!

to me I only got a faulty console when we first bought the ps3, not during launch day but the store I bought it from did told me they had one of the launch line 40GB ps3 that he will sell it to me cheap brand new and I took it, it'seems only works properly in the first month then it started to get too loud with its fan noise, then start to get overheated and shut itself off.

Stop lying fool

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 11/15/2020 at 0:02 PM, PermaFox said:

Do an online chat with Sony, with the purchase date and S/N.  They can help you.

Not true anymore. They will tell you to call and when you call it will be full capacity most of the time and they’ll hang up on you but tell you to use live chat instead lol. 
the entire process is about the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen especially for a big business support line.

On 8/4/2021 at 0:29 AM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Not true anymore. They will tell you to call and when you call it will be full capacity most of the time and they’ll hang up on you but tell you to use live chat instead lol. 
the entire process is about the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen especially for a big business support line.

Nice thread necro.

Sony likes the US. so if you live there.. even if it's a shitshow... you have hope. here in the uk they couldn't give a fuck. one dude i spoke to said his ps5 sounded like a chainsaw whenever a disk was put in it, after some back and forth 2 weeks later a box arrives so he can send it off. and then 1.5 months later he gets it back, in the exact same shape all they did was factory reset it. More back and forth and another 2 months  he finally got a replacement.

under this "new" leadership all the unspoken rules of sony are pretty much done for, except the quality of the games, however if that declined they would be done for, so that is their incentive I suppose.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

Necroing a thread isn't against the rules, in fact it's preferred over starting a new thread. Your off-topic post however...

So in a year and I have a different experience with Sony customer support I should reply to his post again to get back on topic?