How "bad" is this platinum and why is it so hated?

I've just finished liberation and got the platinum and moving to assassin's creed 3 and i see so many people say the (platinum is a nightmare it broke me it's the worst trophy list ever the grind is terrible this game sucks) so is this platinum as bad as everyone says along with people saying the game sucks.

Now since i'm going for the platinum to raise my completion percentage (yeah I'm trying to improve ?) is this game really a 5/10 and what should i watch out for cause i'm bad at the assassin's creed games mostly 100% synchronization even though i've played most

16 minutes ago, CypressJDX said:

AC III is my favorite AC game. The trophy list is as straight forward a list as it gets. You have collectible trophies, story related trophies, miscellaneous trophies, grindy trophies, and fun trophies with no benefit. People complain about this game because of a particular spoiler at the end because of something that happened in the real world back in 2012.

Yeah i heard a long time ago when rand al thor 19 said it was a slap in the face to the ac fans with such a terrible ending. They could of ended it a better way i suppose

19 minutes ago, Copanele said:

The ones that really give a huge headache in this game are Perfectionist, An Extraordinary Man and Completionist. Basically the Homestead activities completion is a nightmare because most of the artisans won't do the tasks you are  waiting them to do.

Also 100% the entire game is a pain in the ass for some missions and there's a Club activity I believe which requires you to discover 90% of the map or something like that. You have to travel with your horse through the Frontier and unfog yourself, since the Sync points don't uncover the entire map.

The game is not as bad to complete imo, however I would advise to periodically back up some saves. Game can bug out at some sidequests locking you out of the completion. Didn't happen to me personally, but many people experienced that. Other than that, it's your average AC experience.

Are the possible bug side quests random ones or well known ones that bug

On 22-11-2020 at 1:27 PM, Copanele said:

and there's a Club activity I believe which requires you to discover 90% of the map or something like that. You have to travel with your horse through the Frontier and unfog yourself, since the Sync points don't uncover the entire map.

I really love unfogging maps tbh, I must be the only one in the world who enjoyed exploring the entire Frontier by horse/foot in this game.

• Like 3

Its not as bad as people make it out to be, 100%ing the homestead is a tedious wait to get everything done and the absolute worst bit is the homestead mini games..  its the mini games that are bullshit to do and take so damn long to do as everything has to line up perfectly.

• Like 2

On 27/11/2020 at 1:58 AM, Wedjwants said:

I cant remember the trophies particularly, I just remember the game was so fucking atrocious that I binned it at approx 30%. I hear the Remaster fixes many of the long long list of issues the game had so hopefully is OK. So weird considering ACII and Brotherhood were two of the best games of that generation and then this absolute tumour came along, huge mis step.

I hate so say it but Valhalla might now take the raspberry award, and surpass III. 

• Like 2

On 11/22/2020 at 6:27 AM, Copanele said:

The ones that really give a huge headache in this game are Perfectionist, An Extraordinary Man and Completionist. Basically the Homestead activities completion is a nightmare because most of the artisans won't do the tasks you are  waiting them to do.

Also 100% the entire game is a pain in the ass for some missions and there's a Club activity I believe which requires you to discover 90% of the map or something like that. You have to travel with your horse through the Frontier and unfog yourself, since the Sync points don't uncover the entire map.

The game is not as bad to complete imo, however I would advise to periodically back up some saves. Game can bug out at some sidequests locking you out of the completion. Didn't happen to me personally, but many people experienced that. Other than that, it's your average AC experience.

100% AGREE!!!! I dont have the remastered one ..But it broke me I played alittle a few months ago.. Just to get some easy trophies outta the way lol that's all LOL

Getting 100% is painful and getting the folks on the Homestead to do all the activities is down to a lot of patience and luck. It was a chore on PS3 but I'm gonna do it again on PS4 anyway since I want the plats for the whole series. I thought going into it that the Multiplayer would be the worst part but it was easy, glad it's out of the Remastered version all the same. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

37 Homestead missions

A few hours sitting and waiting for an NPC to do a specific task.

Complete all 4 clubs that are extremely tedious

100% sync all Naval missions 

100% sync all Main Story missions 

Collect over 100 collectibles

Level all 6 assassin recruits to max

Do all the delivery missions

100% sync DLC Boston in a single session

100% sync DLC Frontier in a single session

100% sync DLC New York in a single session

That doesn't seem too bad until you get to the bugs.

Lighting bugs that leave some full syncs left entirely to luck.

Some homestead missions simply might not appear

Some homestead missions that you have already unlocked might disappear if you finish the Main sequence before completing them

Having to restart and do a mission again since you didn't have the equipment needed for the optional objectives, or screwing up and having to leave the mission and go to the store since death or reload doesn't replenish your items.

Naval mission optional objectives are really hard to get since your ship does too much damage that you sink ships before you're able to expose the areas you need to specific hit to get the kill

Doing anything other than the main missions as Haytham will cause your progress trackers to disappear when you get to Connor but the overworld objective is gone. Nothing worse than getting 99.99% and the only thing missing is that single almanac page you got as Haytham by accident right outside a mission start...

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Completed this plat a couple weeks ago, and it was a GRIND. A lot of boring tasks to complete that honestly feels like a job at some points. It’s pretty much a step down from rdr2 plat but I’d rather plat rdr2 again than ever play this game once more. Rdr2 is polished and beautiful to look at, this game is not, glitches are everywhere and can ruin your progress at any point, definitely the worst ac plat I have done. 

On 5.5.2021 at 1:45 AM, MaeveWileyy_ said:

37 Homestead missions

A few hours sitting and waiting for an NPC to do a specific task.

Complete all 4 clubs that are extremely tedious

100% sync all Naval missions 

100% sync all Main Story missions 

Collect over 100 collectibles

Level all 6 assassin recruits to max

Do all the delivery missions

100% sync DLC Boston in a single session

100% sync DLC Frontier in a single session

100% sync DLC New York in a single session

That doesn't seem too bad until you get to the bugs.

Lighting bugs that leave some full syncs left entirely to luck.

Some homestead missions simply might not appear

Some homestead missions that you have already unlocked might disappear if you finish the Main sequence before completing them

Having to restart and do a mission again since you didn't have the equipment needed for the optional objectives, or screwing up and having to leave the mission and go to the store since death or reload doesn't replenish your items.

Naval mission optional objectives are really hard to get since your ship does too much damage that you sink ships before you're able to expose the areas you need to specific hit to get the kill

Doing anything other than the main missions as Haytham will cause your progress trackers to disappear when you get to Connor but the overworld objective is gone. Nothing worse than getting 99.99% and the only thing missing is that single almanac page you got as Haytham by accident right outside a mission start...

You forgot the shitty fast travel points to unlock in the underground. It took me with youtube 3-4h for that useless shit.

• Like 1

I didn't have any issues with ACIII on the PS3 but I remember a lot of people experienced a bug that made 100% impossible. They completed every task but one or more wouldn't be counted. Plus farona or whatever it's called on the hardest difficulty was a pain, I was thrilled when I finally completed that. Otherwise it was standard fair for an AC game except for having to expose almost the entirety of the frontier map - that was a drag but I enjoyed hunting animals so that helped.

• 3 months later...

i don't recommend platinum this game especially the remastered version. It's a VERY SLOW and LONG grind. Trust me. Even back then on the PS3 it was a hassle to get the platinum (as someone who got it two times on my other account). If your going for older games stick with the ezio remaster or buy the actual good PS3 version. Don't buy this crap. 

I am just having issues with the Original Gamer trophy and that's on both versions as I hate minigames, I haven't found all the underground tunnels yet so Completionist hasn't popped yet [ I have all the other constraints for that ] and of course I haven't played the entire DLC yet and of course you have to 100% that and already failed at that in the first part when I last played it.  I am just so glad that they dropped this 100% sync garbage from the series.

• 6 months later...

quick question, as part of 100% every recruit must hit assassin rank? what if u run out of missions , or contracts , how will they get xp? this is the recruits after u take control of a area by the way, im getting a feeling im not going to have enough contracts here :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waspfarmer said:

quick question, as part of 100% every recruit must hit assassin rank? what if u run out of missions , or contracts , how will they get xp? this is the recruits after u take control of a area by the way, im getting a feeling im not going to have enough contracts here :(

Just summon them to kill ppl. That's all. Assassin rank is part of 100%