Your Personal "Game Of the year" 2020 awards

arsenal4life1471

I don’t really have a game that stands out this year. I’ve played many good games. I guess the game that I had the most fun with is Trials Rising. Also want to mention CoD: WWII, not because it’s that great, but I’ve met some awesome people playing this game in coop. After that we’ve done some more coop games and will continue to do in the future...

But the reason I wanted to respond to this thread is this:

On 22-11-2020 at 2:28 PM, Akrioz said:

My game of the year is easily 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.

That was the most emotional and unique experience this year. The story of this game is so jam-packed with twists and turns that you just can't get off this rollercoaster until the beautiful finale.

Thank you for this. I hadn’t heard about this game. Watched a review and when I saw Atlus and Vanillaware I was instantly sold. I will pick this game up real soon. 

Okay, here goes:

Game of the Year: Astro's Playroom  (Need I say more?)

Backlog Game of the Year: Stardew Valley. Probably never going to Plat this one the way I'm going....

Plat of the Year: Astro's Playroom. When I need a laugh and some fun, my go-to game.

Backlog Plat of the Year: Cat Quest. Loved this one!  

• Like 2

Game of the year 2020 - Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki

Backlog game of the year - Tie between The Alliance Alive HD Remastered and NieR

I didn't go with purchased games from this year that are old, because to be honest, most of what I purchased this year was released this year (on PSN at least) so for my backlog ones they were ones I've owned and played for the first time this year.  Didn't bother naming something different for the plats because they would be the same.  And I doubt anyone else will name Hajimari no Kiseki since it's Japanese only.

Edited by ladynadiad

Just now, DaivRules said:

Yeah, yours is the official PSNP one, this one is just a personal game thread so I left it up.

Oh sorry if my post came off as "elitist" :P I didn't mean it like that.

I just meant that I will still be doing the PSNP awards event this year. I think in 2020 we all need to talk about good things (and shit on bad things)

• Like 2

Game of the Year - Persona 5 Royal. Also game of the generation.

Backlog Game of the Year - Okami. My word, finally got round to it despite buying on launch for PS2, launch for Wii, digital launch on PS3 and digital launch on PS4. Absolute masterpiece.

Platinum of the Year - Ghost of Tsushima. The right mix of not having to find every obtuse collectible, mix of story, skills etc. Was fun to get. Tbf I don't get many that I don't find fun because I would rather move on to games I enjoy rather than frustate myself.

Backlog Platinum of the Year - A Plague Tale: Innocence. Lots of story ones but also a good mix otherwise.

10 minutes ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

Sorry about that @Dr_Mayus i hope i didn't step on your toes starting this forum

Nah, his thread is its own thing in its entirety. It'd be different if you literally copied/pasted his thread from last year and total hijacked it. 

You should post your thoughts on that one too when it comes up. I got some good (and bad) rants coming up. @Dr_Mayus :P

I'm still undecided on these at the moment. I'm not even sure what games that came out in 2020 I've played.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Honestly just want to give a shout out for spiritfarer because in a year full of amazingly massive triple A games that were some of my favs (last of us, ghost of Tsushima, doom) I always try and find time for some of the smaller scale games and I’m very happy I found the time for this one. I don’t have a well thought out approach on selling it to anybody reading this but there is a character named Atul who is a boisterous frog and honestly they could’ve sold the game with him alone and I would’ve bought it but instead they have plenty of cool characters that have thought out dialogue and backstories that actually feel like real life at times, and honestly there is something magical when a game introduces you to a mean character who you don’t really care for but then through the time you spend on the boat with them you actually get sad when it’s time for them to leave because their personality was so unique and now they’re gone... anyway it’s a fun game pretty straight forward platinum and just wanted to give it a shout out because why not ;)

54 minutes ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

Sorry about that @Dr_Mayus i hope i didn't step on your toes starting this forum

No you are all good :D

I meant it more that the PSNP Year End Awards was still happening.

46 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Nah, his thread is its own thing in its entirety. It'd be different if you literally copied/pasted his thread from last year and total hijacked it. 

You should post your thoughts on that one too when it comes up. I got some good (and bad) rants coming up. @Dr_Mayus :P

I'm still undecided on these at the moment. I'm not even sure what games that came out in 2020 I've played.

I don't think I played any new games this year...I am usually a year or two behind in my gaming :P

But cannot wait for the rants. The negative awards are always more fun to read than the positive ones.

• Like 2

My Game Of The Year

Persona 5 Royal 

My Game of the Year (Game I have Played this year) 

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice 

My Platinum Of the Year (Game that Released in 2020)              

Mafia: Definitive Edition 

My Favourite Platinum Done overall

Sayonara Wild Hearts 

Game of the Year - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 - Let me feel exactly the same like in early 00s

Since it's remake/remaster I would add TLoU2 as honorable mention here.

Backlog Game of the Year - Red Dead Redemption 2 - Masterpiece in one word.

Platinum of the Year - Mafia: Definitive Edition - Again remake, yet again so perfect

If 100% was here, I would say Ghost of Tsushima, cause raids in Legends were one of most enjoyable thing this year, but didn't enjoy base game as much.

Backlog Platinum of the Year - Devil May Cry 5 - Finally found some time during quarantine to S everything, broken one controller, but got it.

Honorable Mention - Playstation 5 Astro's Playroom - Really enjoyable game, that shows true power of most important part of PS5 - DualSense.

My Game Of the Year 2020                                                           
The Last Of Us Part II

My Game of the Year (Game I have Played this year) 

Days Gone

My Platinum Of the Year (Game that Released in 2020)              

The Last Of Us Part II (The only game released in 2020 that I platinumed)

My Favourite Platinum Done overall

Marvel's Spider-Man

Playstation exclusives make up my list, still another month to switch some games up too

My Game Of the Year 2020                                                           

Doom Eternal. I had a bit of a love hate relationship with this game at first but the more I played it the more I fell in love with it. It's also the only game I've replayed this year not for trophies.

My Non-2020 Game of the Year

Resident Evil 2. This game took me by surprise and it spurred me to play the rest of the series. Absolute masterpiece.  

My Platinum of the Year 2020            

Journey to the Savage Planet. Did the whole thing in co-op with my fiancé and we had a blast.

My Non-2020 Platinum of the Year

Death Stranding. I loved every minute of this game.

Edited by jonesey46