Disco Elysium: Final Cut

Abby_TheLastofUs

1 hour ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Very nice. This game was not on my radar at all, but hearing all the praise got me interested- then hearing that it runs like shit brought it back down.

Glad it looks like they are fixing it quickly, because I got nothing to play for month till Nier comes out and I don't feel like going into the backlog, and i'm looking for something pronto 

replicant is only a month away? holy shit. happy days.

one thing I remembered about discos' launch was that nearly everyone agreed that the game was amazing. people from all sides of the political spectrum were blown away by it. so regardless of politics. I'm not a fan of wookie faux new agers either, but many people have a few extreme views regardless of which side they are on, doesn't make them bad people just as I assume the creators of this game were hugely passionate about their creation, and iirc this game lets you carve out your own character however you want, politically left or right so who knows.

still buying it. heck im going through 2064 atm and everyone said it was omg sjw game, but it's so well written and the characters so endearing for a little indie i love it. so take a chance. disco is worth it imo.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

On 31.03.2021 at 8:35 PM, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

I think the only one offended here is you. :hmm:

I don't understand this. How is "think I'll pass" = offended? Literally on the next page a guy said "I don't think I can support this", and got the opposite reaction with people saying "now this is the right attitude". 

IMO there were plenty of offended people in this thread.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 1

On 31/3/2021 at 10:10 AM, Undead Wolf said:

Some of us like to consider other factors separate from the quality of the game such as the views of its developer before we drop money on it. Sorry if this offends you.

Doesn't offend me at all, I usually don't get offended even if you call me racist names, the views of the developer can are irrelevant, if the game puts the political ideals all over your face in a very cynical or dumb way then I get it, but if they have a certain views I can't care less. Usually I avoid games of developers that are douches or that make the game a lootcrate nonsense. Other than that I can't care less, if you care that's fine, but don't condemned people that don't care. 

On 05/04/2021 at 1:46 PM, Alderriz said:

I don't understand this. How is "think I'll pass" = offended? Literally on the next page a guy said "I don't think I can support this", and got the opposite reaction with people saying "now this is the right attitude". 

IMO there were plenty of offended people in this thread.

I appreciate the defence, but there's no reason why you should take what that sockpuppet account says seriously. Their sole purpose on this forum is to provoke people/stir up shit and I know better than to give them what they want. They can continue quoting me for all I care, I'm not going to respond to them or even bother reading their post if I can help it. Not worth my time. ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Patch 1.2 (3,5GB) finally went live 20 minutes ago. Really hope that it fixes majority of issues and I can start playing.

Are you sure it's 1.2? My game versione says 1.002 and nothing seems to have been fixed of the major bugs (from loading a save, did not try a new game)

We got some news on the upcoming 1.3 patch.

SOCIAL_A-Word-On-Playstation-Patches_4.p

Hey y’all, 

Maybe blame it on the Doomed Commercial Area, birthplace of doomed dreams, resting place for every venture. Blame it on an incursion of the apocalypse in a localized space, or whatever Tequila Sunset hits you with. Blame it on a call to Abigail. 

Or just blame it on us. Because it is our fault, that’s true. We’re all just human beings dreaming big, and not always making those dreams come true like we hope. But we’re going to try anyway, and try again, until we get it right. And we will. 

Patch 1.3 is being worked on right now. We don’t have a launch date, but we wanted to tell you it’s coming, and tell you what y’all could expect. 

• Tons of Voice Over fixes
  • Improved Kim pathfinding
  • Fixed controller interaction during Seafort Dream
  • Fixed controller interaction with The Pigs
  • Fixed Sandcastle interaction
  • Fixed car interaction
  • Fixed instances where the tide never receded near the swings
  • Fixes pawnshop healing interaction
  • Fixed Thought Cabinet freezes
  • Fixed save game bugs
  • Fixes for Cutscene locks and edge-case interactions with controllers
  • And little bit this and that, general house cleaning after stormy development!

And that’s all we can say for now. We know it’s rough, we know it’s our fault, and we’re here to tell you it’s getting fixed. 

Thanks for your patience. Keep the days happy.

Your pal,

Freelance Ad Agent, 

Idiot Doom Spiral

On 10/04/2021 at 3:37 AM, aCCzTaurin said:

Patch 1.3 is being worked on right now. We don’t have a launch date, but we wanted to tell you it’s coming, and tell you what y’all could expect. 

• Tons of Voice Over fixes
  • Improved Kim pathfinding
  • Fixed controller interaction during Seafort Dream
  • Fixed controller interaction with The Pigs
  • Fixed Sandcastle interaction
  • Fixed car interaction
  • Fixed instances where the tide never receded near the swings
  • Fixes pawnshop healing interaction
  • Fixed Thought Cabinet freezes
  • Fixed save game bugs
  • Fixes for Cutscene locks and edge-case interactions with controllers
  • And little bit this and that, general house cleaning after stormy developmen

Patch 1.3 went live. 

That's great considering how long it took them to deliver 1.2

This game looks great. I'm definitely interested to buy it. I'll wait for a while since games of this complexity inevitably have bugs when first released. 

I find it odd indeed that people have felt the need to comment on the supposed politics of the games developers but there you have it. I personally don't care about the politics of a person when buying a game. 

Edited by JoesusHCrust
What's the point in debating politics on a games forum!!!!

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Jebus - these patches are coming in thick and fast!

Is the game more or less in a fit state now?

Looking forward to starting, but I've been holding off a little to make sure all is well before I do...

there are still enough bug / corrupted save file reports to answer your question with a no

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alaquia said:

there are still enough bug / corrupted save file reports to answer your question with a no

hmm, that’s a pity - I’ll keep holding out for a bit then - game seems way too good to have to deal with bugs. 

Guess I’ll need to wait until Patch 1.5 - at this rate, will probably drop before I finish typing this post ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Patch 1.5 – now live on PlayStation 5! 

• Fix on save games – updated save game message regarding max save slots.
  • Quick Save Button added to the pause menu.
  • Further improved church cutscene behaviour under certain conditions.
  • Finishing thoughts should no longer throw players into the void in certain conditions.
  • Further VO fixes.
  • Kilos of smaller bug fixes.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

For those thinking of picking this game, its a well written game with definitely unforgettable characters and i agree that the game takes on deep political stands but it also give you the opportunity to learn about what it means to be a communist, a Liberal, Capitalism, racism and seeing that it is a fictional game in a fictional universe i think its an enjoyable and fun learning experience at least for me; Someone who is not into politics in any way possible. Highly recommend it to the Mega HARD CORE gamers out there.

Still kind of hoping for an altogether trophy guide at some point. There is some information out there but I found the Steam tool confusing and the information elsewhere patchy. This game did extremely well so I'm suprised there isn't a guide yet (perhaps the nature of the game?)

• Like 1

On 14/05/2021 at 0:41 PM, PhantomFear94 said:

Still kind of hoping for an altogether trophy guide at some point. There is some information out there but I found the Steam tool confusing and the information elsewhere patchy. This game did extremely well so I'm suprised there isn't a guide yet (perhaps the nature of the game?)

I agree.
Is there anybody out there creating one? Is there one in the making?
Or is the Steam the one we need to live with?